How do you beat this Event?!?!

Replies

• Options
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Rafini wrote: »
    anyone with any luck on light side?

Nope and like 30 tries in. It doesn't seem possible with the damage output and lack of good debuffs to apply on the boss.

I fear that T3 is instrumental. He has stacking potency and should eventually be able to land target lock on Malak, which will allow him to ability block with basic. That will keep Malak from using anything but his basic, which should result in your toons lasting longer ...

Have no way to test it though, as my T3 is only G9 and was the one I chose NOT to gear :(
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    Options
    I beat the LS version. This is sort of what I did:

You need to keep his stacks down, which you will be doing by attacking and killing those droids. You don't want to hit Malak, cause when he falls below 50% he eats some jedi add soul (the one with the least health).
    Besides chopping at the droids you kill those jedi adds slowly. I started left with the damage buffs, cause I did not want him to get that. Then make sure that when you kill a jedi add, you can immediately dispel his taunt or have low tm/do non attack buff such that Malak can move twice in a row and lose the taunt, cause he taunts for 2 turns, but is also really fast.
    This goes on until you killed all the jedi adds (still keep his stack low around 7 or something).
    From that point he goes life draining for 100% max health. Everytime he does that he loses 5% max health himself.
    So you need to survive a couple of those drains preferrably with everyone, keep the stacks low by killing the droids and after some life drains you can start to chop at him. Armor shred helps of course against his defense. Mission and Zaalbar are easily killed by life drain if you don't have the zeta on zaalbar and inflict dots, so be careful with that (I don't have that zeta and they died after a few life drains). Then just hit him with everything, hope you dodge with Revan (he constantly attacks Revan then somehow), because when he hits you he will heal through health steal.

He actually ate the tenacity up jedi add with the battle where I won. That was sort of oke lol, but without it, it helps for zZaalbar of course
  • Options
    Thanks I done a similar tactic. But I only targeted the robots. And killed the Jedi when there was no robots.

I ended up with over 60 stacks and one hit malak when DR used his special as he attacks twice if it’s the leader.

Basically just get those stacks up, malak will only absorb when he goes below 50% so don’t attack him!
    How i did the dark side one:
    So the way I did it was kill both adds next to Malak, then attack the jedi in the capsules who give Malak buffs if he absorbs them. Try not to damage Malak too much since he will absorb one of those jedis in the capsules when he falls below 50%. Whenever his rage counter goes above 10-15 kill the robots next to him. Rinse and repeat till all jedis in the capsules are down then go for malak. You will have about 40 stacks of rage on DR by this time which will result in significant damage.

• Nose
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I just unlocked LS. You definitely need more patience than DS. Kill adds constantly in between hitting the Jedi. Try not to damage Malak at all with one exception: whenever Big Z can use his armor shred ability, use it on Malak. I had I think 3 of them on him when all Jedi were down. At that point have your abilities cooled down cuz it’s you have to bum rush him. He took down Big Z, but I was able to get him by the end. It was still close.
  • Options
    Someone found it easy.

g1rr6m5w5duc.png
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    Tried the ds about 30 times now I am completely bored switched mods I have maxed gear, mods and now await good RNG....
    I hate these events, I thought they were meant to be a fun thing not frustrating and boring, when will they ever learn....
  • Options
    this is ridiculous sometimes DR dies before you get to jedi test tubes down and that is all I am focussing on, come on @CG maxed everything and still reliant on RNG, for me this event sucks, are you actively trying to frustrate us all after going through the expense of your paywall to force us through this repetitive garbage....

• Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone finished with bare minimum 17500 KOTOR guys?
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I just took a crack at LS and was able to beat it with bare minimum on Mission and Z. I had already geared Bastila, JKR and Jolee to g12 from the original JKR event though. I agree with trying to get a few armor shreds on Malak. I hadn't used Z or Mission up to this point really as I hadn't geared them up beyond g8 (which is all that I needed for getting JKR). Read all their abilities again and noticed the armor shred which I paid 0 attention to the first few tries. I think I downed him with 3 stacks on. It also helped to have retribution on Z when you try to go in for the kill.

I think the biggest thing on LS was being patient to set up your kill attempt... have all your abilities set up to go and armor shreds on. You'll be tempted to try to go after him early but he'll just keep healing back and taking crazy amounts of turns. Get rid of those side droids. You'll notice they seem to come back one right after another but there is a lull at some points after you kill them off several times and Malak seems to take several turns without them appearing again. I didn't read to see what triggers them (if anything) though. The write ups didn't seem too clear to me anyway. Also do not let Malak get any bonuses from dropping him below 50% obviously.

I haven't tried DS yet. For those who have finished it, what characters did you use? I have HK, BSF and DR maxed and then Carth at g11 (all over 17.5k) so it's a choice between Canderous and Juhani. Probably going to have to bite the bullet and just Zeta one of them to get them over the threshold.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    I just took a crack at LS and was able to beat it with bare minimum on Mission and Z. I had already geared Bastila, JKR and Jolee to g12 from the original JKR event though. I agree with trying to get a few armor shreds on Malak. I hadn't used Z or Mission up to this point really as I hadn't geared them up beyond g8 (which is all that I needed for getting JKR). Read all their abilities again and noticed the armor shred which I paid 0 attention to the first few tries. I think I downed him with 3 stacks on. It also helped to have retribution on Z when you try to go in for the kill.

I haven't tried DS yet. For those who have finished it, what characters did you use? I have HK, BSF and DR maxed and then Carth at g11 (all over 17.5k) so it's a choice between Canderous and Juhani. Probably going to have to bite the bullet and just Zeta one of them to get them over the threshold.

Did it with Canderous, DS is substantially easier. Just avoid AoE, kill droids, when no droids, kill pods. Meanwhile, your DR will become an unstoppable beast due to debuffs.
  • Options
    got DS done but LS is just laborious, need some tips as the droids respawn so dam quick and force taunts just mean I only kil 2 of the test tubes and he gets the other 2, I'm boredddddddddddd
  • Options
    Dark side wasnt to bad. Just take down the statis tubes and avoid going AOE ham. You have plenty of time as you later can keep the rage down with all the AOE. I tried to keep the bots up to act as healing pools for Revan. The light side I am really stuck.... I know Big Z needs to always armor shread malak. and I have chosen to hit the defensive capsule first. My issue is by the time either 3 or 4 capsules are down hes basically at enrage and nothing I can do about it
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The light side I am really stuck.... I know Big Z needs to always armor shread malak. and I have chosen to hit the defensive capsule first. My issue is by the time either 3 or 4 capsules are down hes basically at enrage and nothing I can do about it

Missions and Zaalbars Zetas are highly recommended. Always call Big Z to assit with Jolee and Bastila. Mission will assist every time if zetaed.

Kill the Droids everytime they appear to keep the Ragemeter low. Fokus on the stasispods between this and ignore Malak. Be ready to cleanse him after you destroy one pod.

If the last pod goes down fokus on Malak. Every time he uses his lifedrain, he loses 5% max health.

I've killed him due to the counters from legendary battlemeditation with 2 stacks armorshredd on him.

Its a long and tough fight and you can lose on the last Meters.

May the RNG be with you! :smiley:

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Is it possible to unlock Malak as a FTP player ?
  • Options
    Y
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    The light side I am really stuck.... I know Big Z needs to always armor shread malak. and I have chosen to hit the defensive capsule first. My issue is by the time either 3 or 4 capsules are down hes basically at enrage and nothing I can do about it

Missions and Zaalbars Zetas are highly recommended. Always call Big Z to assit with Jolee and Bastila. Mission will assist every time if zetaed.

Kill the Droids everytime they appear to keep the Ragemeter low. Fokus on the stasispods between this and ignore Malak. Be ready to cleanse him after you destroy one pod.

If the last pod goes down fokus on Malak. Every time he uses his lifedrain, he loses 5% max health.

I've killed him due to the counters from legendary battlemeditation with 2 stacks armorshredd on him.

Its a long and tough fight and you can lose on the last Meters.

May the RNG be with you! :smiley:

Yah may need to wait for tomorrow to Zeta Vao im 19/20... but yah I pop everything can keep the rage in the high teens but he ALWAYS auto pops Z at that point so I cant get a 4th armor shred out :(
  • Options
    It helps to shred both droids. If malak ressurects them, they will still have the debuff and so you can kill them faster and keep the ragemeter under control.
    Yes iam f2p and got him. But i am playing since the start of this game and always stay high in both arenas. So my crystal income is relativly high.
  • Options

Yes. But you need to focus on doing it, and allocate ressources to do so. I may mean that you have to drop everything else for a few months to focus exclusively on getting ready, but it is very much doable. Keep in mind that we are talking 10 G12 toons and another two to around G8-9 (the latter two used to unlock both Revans), and 10-14 zetas abilities. Not to mention almost 70.000 GET. So it's a long, long farm to get ready.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Dark side is super easy. It's near impossible with the JKR team...

If it’s so easy how about telling the community?

He's too cool.
    Post edited by taquillasun on
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dark side is easy (instructions on the video):

https://youtu.be/H-QMXDHkbn4
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

ofc it is. i just did.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    - I'm F2P at ~4.2m GP
    - I got Malak without spending a cent and alrdy pushed him to G11 + double zeta
    - I beat the LS part without a zeta on Zaalbar (G12) and a G11 Bast

How?
    1) good resource management
    2) using my brain to beat the event and not just mash buttons randomly <-- this is where most ppl fail

DS: Just stack up ferocity *sigh*
    LS: Let him drain both the crit immunity and tenacity jedis and your Mission won't get fear locked.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    - I'm F2P at ~4.2m GP

How?
    2) using my brain to beat the event and not just mash buttons randomly <-- this is where most ppl fail

LS: Let him drain both the crit immunity and tenacity jedis and your Mission won't get fear locked.

FTP and you have Malak g11??!!
    Someone wrote that his gear is a further paywall...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

13k saved up crystals...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    - I'm F2P at ~4.2m GP

How?

Can be, if they stockpiled the new gear for crystals.
  • Options
    I was able to clear both after a little swapping around of mods. The LS portion is MUCH more difficult primarily due to the lack of damage of JKR compared to DR.

I have JKR, Bastila, Jolee, DR, HK, and BSF all G12+4/5. The only other zeta I have is Carth, all the other toons are just standard G12, no G12+ gear pieces. I have good, but not unbelievable mods.

The basic idea here is a "gear check" so to speak, in this case it's a mod check. While this may not be the only way to beat it, I can vouch for this method as I have him unlocked. So here's the plan:

Step 1: Mod all your characters for damage. You can basically ignore anything that has HP on it, you want offense, speed, then protection. For the LS portion JKR and Bastila basically carried me. I put my best offensive mods on both of them and was able to clear on my 5th try.

Step 2: Focus the kolto tanks. I went through and killed them one by one. It will keep the stacks from piling up on Malak too quickly. Avoid damaging Malak, if he heals from a kolto restart.

Step 3: This is the big one. You need to have Bastila's Rally ready just as or right after the last kolto tank is destroyed. At this point it's just a damage race. I totally avoided killing the droids and just burned him down. The first time I had Rally up right as they died I was able to clear it, the times when I did not I just didn't have enough ooomph to take him out.

Step 4: Profit. But no seriously, if you have any questions or want more details about my set up let me know.
  • Options
    Mobile gamer has a video out.
  • Options
    Mobile gamer has a video out.

He got lucky and he has Zaalbar and Mission Zetas
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    LS part is horrible.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    Game should make you happy. Right now I'm more stressed that ever. I don't know how they thought of idea to make this event so irritating.