Before you push the latest update, consider this..

13Next

Replies

  • InRevanWeTrust
    58 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Simply having it so ferocity doesn't interact with zEmp lead would've been a fix and likely still made it so DR lead was better overall but still giving a faster zEmp setup able to inflict debuffs first able to win

    Let's be real here zEmp lead is incredibly broken vs DR leads so they need a full shutdown on gaining TM from ferocity to have it so they need to actually inflict debuffs of their own and earn that TM bonus from the lead

    Nothing is going to change though. cG made up their mind already
  • Liath
    3388 posts Member
    BaronFlame wrote: »
    Also the whole thing of
    "You're basically saying that someone with more 7* (farmable) characters than someone else just got lucky."
    Given that they started at the same time, had similar levels of time and money put in, then yes whoever has got the more amount of 7 Star characters got lucky.

    Except that’s not true at all. Two people that have been playing the same amount of time and spent the same amount of money could have vastly different numbers of 7* characters due to their choices. One person might spend all his crystals refreshing energy and all his energy and other currencies farming characters. The other person might have spent the same number of crystals, but spent them on gear; spent his energy farming gear from normal nodes; spent his currencies on gear, zetas, credits, and whatever else is available in the store. There is no reason to assume these two people have made the same number of attempts to get character shards, so there is no basis to say that the person with more 7* characters got lucky.
  • Gifafi
    1063 posts Member
    the point is you have to not only get 4-5 rolls on speed (can't remember exact #), they also have to be on speed mods to get the highest speed for your characters. 8 types, need 1 type that is speed, that 1 type has to have a speed secondary on 5/6 slots, then roll 4-5 speed on those 5/6.

    if you are again just stating the obvious in that more rolls=more chances, well, again, duh.
  • leef
    11931 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    the point is you have to not only get 4-5 rolls on speed (can't remember exact #), they also have to be on speed mods to get the highest speed for your characters. 8 types, need 1 type that is speed, that 1 type has to have a speed secondary on 5/6 slots, then roll 4-5 speed on those 5/6.

    if you are again just stating the obvious in that more rolls=more chances, well, again, duh.

    Apparantly the obvious isn't that obvious since some people seem to think it's "just luck" while it clearly isn't. There's a clear correlation between the amount of mods farmed/sliced and the "quality" of mods owned. Dismissing it as just luck seems rather silly to me.
    I assume (since there's no way to prove this) that there's also a clear correlation between how people slice and the quality of their mods.
    While both obviously boil down to "more rolls = more chances", the latter decreases the influence luck has by rewarding resourcemanagement. Brushing that off as "just luck" seemed disingenous to me, so i said something about that while acknowledging that there's some luck involved. Then he doubled down on it being "just luck" for some reason, so here we are...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dk_rek
    2360 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    the point is you have to not only get 4-5 rolls on speed (can't remember exact #), they also have to be on speed mods to get the highest speed for your characters. 8 types, need 1 type that is speed, that 1 type has to have a speed secondary on 5/6 slots, then roll 4-5 speed on those 5/6.

    if you are again just stating the obvious in that more rolls=more chances, well, again, duh.

    Apparantly the obvious isn't that obvious since some people seem to think it's "just luck" while it clearly isn't. There's a clear correlation between the amount of mods farmed/sliced and the "quality" of mods owned. Dismissing it as just luck seems rather silly to me.
    I assume (since there's no way to prove this) that there's also a clear correlation between how people slice and the quality of their mods.
    While both obviously boil down to "more rolls = more chances", the latter decreases the influence luck has by rewarding resourcemanagement. Brushing that off as "just luck" seemed disingenous to me, so i said something about that while acknowledging that there's some luck involved. Then he doubled down on it being "just luck" for some reason, so here we are...

    just luck.... can spend all you want slice all you want... it either hits or it does not.... you have a 50/50 chance of getting a 20+speed you hit it or you dont'....50/50.

    seriously.... over 20,000,000 slices maybe.... but people don't slice 20,000,000 times... in the amount of times they do slice before they quit or the game ends they could spend 1,000,000 bucks and have zilch...

    Skill is involved in picking right mods to farm that's it... Whether you become a good player or a bad player depends solely on if RNGesus blesses your mods
  • leef
    11931 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    the point is you have to not only get 4-5 rolls on speed (can't remember exact #), they also have to be on speed mods to get the highest speed for your characters. 8 types, need 1 type that is speed, that 1 type has to have a speed secondary on 5/6 slots, then roll 4-5 speed on those 5/6.

    if you are again just stating the obvious in that more rolls=more chances, well, again, duh.

    Apparantly the obvious isn't that obvious since some people seem to think it's "just luck" while it clearly isn't. There's a clear correlation between the amount of mods farmed/sliced and the "quality" of mods owned. Dismissing it as just luck seems rather silly to me.
    I assume (since there's no way to prove this) that there's also a clear correlation between how people slice and the quality of their mods.
    While both obviously boil down to "more rolls = more chances", the latter decreases the influence luck has by rewarding resourcemanagement. Brushing that off as "just luck" seemed disingenous to me, so i said something about that while acknowledging that there's some luck involved. Then he doubled down on it being "just luck" for some reason, so here we are...

    just luck.... can spend all you want slice all you want... it either hits or it does not.... you have a 50/50 chance of getting a 20+speed you hit it or you dont'....50/50.

    seriously.... over 20,000,000 slices maybe.... but people don't slice 20,000,000 times... in the amount of times they do slice before they quit or the game ends they could spend 1,000,000 bucks and have zilch...

    Skill is involved in picking right mods to farm that's it... Whether you become a good player or a bad player depends solely on if RNGesus blesses your mods

    Oke, you're right. My current GA opponent just wasn't as lucky as i was with mods..
    24zkdi9.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    the point is you have to not only get 4-5 rolls on speed (can't remember exact #), they also have to be on speed mods to get the highest speed for your characters. 8 types, need 1 type that is speed, that 1 type has to have a speed secondary on 5/6 slots, then roll 4-5 speed on those 5/6.

    if you are again just stating the obvious in that more rolls=more chances, well, again, duh.

    Apparantly the obvious isn't that obvious since some people seem to think it's "just luck" while it clearly isn't. There's a clear correlation between the amount of mods farmed/sliced and the "quality" of mods owned. Dismissing it as just luck seems rather silly to me.
    I assume (since there's no way to prove this) that there's also a clear correlation between how people slice and the quality of their mods.
    While both obviously boil down to "more rolls = more chances", the latter decreases the influence luck has by rewarding resourcemanagement. Brushing that off as "just luck" seemed disingenous to me, so i said something about that while acknowledging that there's some luck involved. Then he doubled down on it being "just luck" for some reason, so here we are...

    just luck.... can spend all you want slice all you want... it either hits or it does not.... you have a 50/50 chance of getting a 20+speed you hit it or you dont'....50/50.

    seriously.... over 20,000,000 slices maybe.... but people don't slice 20,000,000 times... in the amount of times they do slice before they quit or the game ends they could spend 1,000,000 bucks and have zilch...

    Skill is involved in picking right mods to farm that's it... Whether you become a good player or a bad player depends solely on if RNGesus blesses your mods

    This has to be a joke. You're trying to pretend that extreme cases of poor luck are the norm and what constitutes someones success and ignoring that more attempts brings an individual to the average.

    Let's pretend we care about the outcome of flipping a coin. We consider the coin landing on "heads" as a win and "tails" as a loss. There are two competing players.

    After 5 flips:
    Guy 1: 3H, 2T
    Guy 2: 1H, 4T

    Guy 2 becomes irate and blames RNG, and over the next month rarely flips the coin, but Guy 1 continues down the path.

    After 1 Month

    Guy 1 (100 flips): 45H, 55T
    Guy 2 (20 flips): 11H, 9T

    Guy 2, "You're only winning because of RNG, that's why you have so many more wins!".

    Guy 1: "Umm, you do realize my winning ratio was only 45% and yours was 55%...... I just played more".

    Guy 2: Statistical Revelation (hopefully?)


    In conclusion, too many of you posting are "Guy 2" in this simplified example of a discussion we're having.



  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think mods 2.0 bought a very good change where speed was no longer the meta. We had health & protection / offense / CD being as good as speed. Darth Revan runs on speed. I’m fine with shifting the mod meta every now and then tbh

    People with super fast mods need a moment to make use of their hard earned mods too. Context: I don’t have the fastest Darth Revan in my shard. Not by a long shot but CG is trying to make us use all our mod sets / primaries which is nice, even if it means cycling to a speed meta again

    Hard Earned???? LOL, there is nothing Hard Earned about buying your way to win, which is what this game currently is. There is no strategy in Arena any longer, just whoever spends to rotate around in the top 10.

    I’m ok with PTW people having an advantage, but overwhelming unbeatable by anything but a mirror match is asinine.
  • Ultra
    2549 posts Member
    Some might say the money you spend is hard earned :smirk:
  • Javin37
    347 posts Member
    JaxonUop wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think mods 2.0 bought a very good change where speed was no longer the meta. We had health & protection / offense / CD being as good as speed. Darth Revan runs on speed. I’m fine with shifting the mod meta every now and then tbh

    People with super fast mods need a moment to make use of their hard earned mods too. Context: I don’t have the fastest Darth Revan in my shard. Not by a long shot but CG is trying to make us use all our mod sets / primaries which is nice, even if it means cycling to a speed meta again

    Hard Earned???? LOL, there is nothing Hard Earned about buying your way to win, which is what this game currently is. There is no strategy in Arena any longer, just whoever spends to rotate around in the top 10.

    I’m ok with PTW people having an advantage, but overwhelming unbeatable by anything but a mirror match is asinine.

    ftp guys taking 1 will disagree.
  • Ultra
    2549 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    the point is you have to not only get 4-5 rolls on speed (can't remember exact #), they also have to be on speed mods to get the highest speed for your characters. 8 types, need 1 type that is speed, that 1 type has to have a speed secondary on 5/6 slots, then roll 4-5 speed on those 5/6.

    if you are again just stating the obvious in that more rolls=more chances, well, again, duh.

    Apparantly the obvious isn't that obvious since some people seem to think it's "just luck" while it clearly isn't. There's a clear correlation between the amount of mods farmed/sliced and the "quality" of mods owned. Dismissing it as just luck seems rather silly to me.
    I assume (since there's no way to prove this) that there's also a clear correlation between how people slice and the quality of their mods.
    While both obviously boil down to "more rolls = more chances", the latter decreases the influence luck has by rewarding resourcemanagement. Brushing that off as "just luck" seemed disingenous to me, so i said something about that while acknowledging that there's some luck involved. Then he doubled down on it being "just luck" for some reason, so here we are...

    just luck.... can spend all you want slice all you want... it either hits or it does not.... you have a 50/50 chance of getting a 20+speed you hit it or you dont'....50/50.

    seriously.... over 20,000,000 slices maybe.... but people don't slice 20,000,000 times... in the amount of times they do slice before they quit or the game ends they could spend 1,000,000 bucks and have zilch...

    Skill is involved in picking right mods to farm that's it... Whether you become a good player or a bad player depends solely on if RNGesus blesses your mods

    This has to be a joke. You're trying to pretend that extreme cases of poor luck are the norm and what constitutes someones success and ignoring that more attempts brings an individual to the average.

    Let's pretend we care about the outcome of flipping a coin. We consider the coin landing on "heads" as a win and "tails" as a loss. There are two competing players.

    After 5 flips:
    Guy 1: 3H, 2T
    Guy 2: 1H, 4T

    Guy 2 becomes irate and blames RNG, and over the next month rarely flips the coin, but Guy 1 continues down the path.

    After 1 Month

    Guy 1 (100 flips): 45H, 55T
    Guy 2 (20 flips): 11H, 9T

    Guy 2, "You're only winning because of RNG, that's why you have so many more wins!".

    Guy 1: "Umm, you do realize my winning ratio was only 45% and yours was 55%...... I just played more".

    Guy 2: Statistical Revelation (hopefully?)


    In conclusion, too many of you posting are "Guy 2" in this simplified example of a discussion we're having.
    Pretty much. People with superior mods, tend to refresh daily for mod slicing materials, or buy them from shipments or spend credits on buying mods from the mod store (Guy 1), and then you have people who just complain and don't do anything other than use the daily energy and just blame the game and RNG for not being lucky enough. There is luck in getting good speed secondaries, but there is effort in making that stat increase attempt over and over again
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Leef you are trying to convince a wall, I wouldn’t bother tbh

    Right, I am a wall and a lot of your posts sound like blind CG worship.
    Great ? Grand!
    Finally something we could agree on.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »

    This has to be a joke. You're trying to pretend that extreme cases of poor luck are the norm and what constitutes someones success and ignoring that more attempts brings an individual to the average.

    Let's pretend we care about the outcome of flipping a coin. We consider the coin landing on "heads" as a win and "tails" as a loss. There are two competing players.

    After 5 flips:
    Guy 1: 3H, 2T
    Guy 2: 1H, 4T

    Guy 2 becomes irate and blames RNG, and over the next month rarely flips the coin, but Guy 1 continues down the path.

    After 1 Month

    Guy 1 (100 flips): 45H, 55T
    Guy 2 (20 flips): 11H, 9T

    Guy 2, "You're only winning because of RNG, that's why you have so many more wins!".

    Guy 1: "Umm, you do realize my winning ratio was only 45% and yours was 55%...... I just played more".

    Guy 2: Statistical Revelation (hopefully?)


    In conclusion, too many of you posting are "Guy 2" in this simplified example of a discussion we're having.



    Interesting, the problem is, which is not just me saying it.
    In this context, most of the people I play with still farm mods 5 days out of 7, we refresh mod energy multiple times.
    We all follow the guidelines that are at this point well known. None of us have slacked in our attempts to procure good mods, however really good mod rolls are still very rare for a lot of us.
    At this point I really don't know what we are doing wrong, Should I be sacrificing goats to RNGJebus?
  • Atzel
    11 posts Member
    So this is where people complain about their Shard Chat Crystal Swap ?
  • leef
    11931 posts Member
    BaronFlame wrote: »

    In this context, most of the people I play with still farm mods 5 days out of 7, we refresh mod energy multiple times.

    At this point I really don't know what we are doing wrong, Should I be sacrificing goats to RNGJebus?

    well, only farming 5/7 days instead of 7/7 obviously isn't helping...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BaronFlame wrote: »
    The latest buff to Malak, would make it impossibly hard for players with slower mods to stand a chance against those who have multiple sets of around +160 speed lying around. While I have 0 issues, or close to anyways, with the buff Malak received, simply because I was getting away with having very fast Sass boosting TM, it would better if Malak was reworked to have some sort of anti-speed mechanic built into his kit.

    Sith assassin made it impossibly hard for players with slower mods. She gives so much advantage if both revan and bastila get their turn earlier than opponent. Malak may atleast force sith assassin users to drop her to make game easier for those who doesn't have Malak.
    //Of course palpatine users are doomed//
  • leef wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think mods 2.0 bought a very good change where speed was no longer the meta. We had health & protection / offense / CD being as good as speed. Darth Revan runs on speed. I’m fine with shifting the mod meta every now and then tbh

    People with super fast mods need a moment to make use of their hard earned mods too. Context: I don’t have the fastest Darth Revan in my shard. Not by a long shot but CG is trying to make us use all our mod sets / primaries which is nice, even if it means cycling to a speed meta again

    Not saying you're 100% wrong, but I totally don't agree with the statement about HARD EARNED MODS. Mate, mods are all about RNG, you don't have to work hard for them. Sure, you could sacrifice time and crystals constantly farming them, which I do, but have you seen the statistics on getting anything over a +20 speed mod? It's all RNG, and this is coming from a person that has like the 5th fastest DR/Malak team in my shard. This meta is a horrible slap to say, "sorry your luck has been ****, but this is all about speed right now, all about the faster Fallen Bastila." It's not a good look, and it's not fun. I'd honestly rather go back to mirror JKR matches.

    There's some luck involved in mod farming, but generally speaking the players who've poored more resources into mods end up with better mods. Saying it's just luck is disingenuous imo.
    Like most people (i assume) i also feel like i'm getting shafted on mods and others are way more lucky than i am.
    I'm not really struggling vs faster dr/bassie teams btw, so i definately don't want to go back to JKR mirrors all day erryday.

    We're obviously playing different games, or your conceptual view of luck is twisted to ensure to support your opinion. Thanks for sharing though!
  • Dustino_Man
    21 posts Member
    edited April 19
    My buddies who have been playing since release who only have a few +20 mods and farms everyday would like to have a talk with you? One of which was in Wallet Warriors and was required to farm daily? Haha. On top of that, do I need to share with you the actual math done to show how low of a chance you have to get a 20 speed mod, let alone anything passed that? You do also understand that RNG as we know it is something entirety man-made and can never truly be replicated to the level that it may be pertained naturally/universally? No matter what you say, it's still based on levels of luck and isn't as disingenuous as you may try to claim. If it was the same as flipping a coin, then I'd agree with you, but we're talking about two different things.

    I'd consider it hard-earned because of the money probably involved with many others.

    To each their own though. That's the beauty of opinions I suppose.
    Post edited by Dustino_Man on
  • Dustino_Man
    21 posts Member
    edited April 19
    9k6xhjd76zcu.png

    That is just to hit the speed stat specifically, that's not even including if it'll be +3 through +6.

    So going back to trying to get the ++20 speed, it starts to look even more daunting.
    Post edited by Dustino_Man on
  • leef wrote: »
    BaronFlame wrote: »

    In this context, most of the people I play with still farm mods 5 days out of 7, we refresh mod energy multiple times.

    At this point I really don't know what we are doing wrong, Should I be sacrificing goats to RNGJebus?

    well, only farming 5/7 days instead of 7/7 obviously isn't helping...

    I'm convinced at this point you're just trolling. Could you please show me where I said it was based on 100% pure and ONLY luck, because from my stance you made an accusation and thus either trolling, wanting to argue, or whatever floats your boat.

    Let me break it down to where you can't assume. If you take 10 people and have them farm equally with NO differentials between them, you're telling me that there won't be one guy MORE LUCKY than the other? You're kidding yourself if you try to call that disingenuous again. That was literally my point and what I said. The whole, "sorry I had more luck than you."
  • Dustino_Man
    21 posts Member
    edited April 19
    Gannon wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    BaronFlame wrote: »

    In this context, most of the people I play with still farm mods 5 days out of 7, we refresh mod energy multiple times.

    At this point I really don't know what we are doing wrong, Should I be sacrificing goats to RNGJebus?

    well, only farming 5/7 days instead of 7/7 obviously isn't helping...

    I'm convinced at this point you're just trolling. Could you please show me where I said it was based on 100% pure and ONLY luck, because from my stance you made an accusation and thus either trolling, wanting to argue, or whatever floats your boat.

    Let me break it down to where you can't assume. If you take 10 people and have them farm equally with NO differentials between them, you're telling me that there won't be one guy MORE LUCKY than the other? You're kidding yourself if you try to call that disingenuous again. That was literally my point and what I said. The whole, "sorry I had more luck than you."

    I farm only mods with mod energy, and I average one decent mod a day, one good mod every two days, and one great mood a week.
    It's not just luck, it's farming habits and carefully picking which to upgrade and keep.

    When I ran an alt account, I had roughly the same mod sets on every toon, there was very little difference in the number of good sets.

    I'm really glad that works for you, but it doesn't for a few guys in my shard chat, therefore still proving my point, luck is involved. It's luck and volume.

    Not sure I understand what you were trying to say unless you haven't fully read my comment (s).
  • leef
    11931 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    BaronFlame wrote: »

    In this context, most of the people I play with still farm mods 5 days out of 7, we refresh mod energy multiple times.

    At this point I really don't know what we are doing wrong, Should I be sacrificing goats to RNGJebus?

    well, only farming 5/7 days instead of 7/7 obviously isn't helping...

    I'm convinced at this point you're just trolling. Could you please show me where I said it was based on 100% pure and ONLY luck, because from my stance you made an accusation and thus either trolling, wanting to argue, or whatever floats your boat.

    Let me break it down to where you can't assume. If you take 10 people and have them farm equally with NO differentials between them, you're telling me that there won't be one guy MORE LUCKY than the other? You're kidding yourself if you try to call that disingenuous again. That was literally my point and what I said. The whole, "sorry I had more luck than you."

    uh, what? You come out of nowhere asking me to show where you said something i never claimed you said, and you're calling me a troll?
    Who are you? Have i had a conversation with you before?
    Some other guy said it was just luck, which i called disingenous because it's not just luck. I acknowledged in that same comment there was luck involved, so no, i'm not telling you that or that other guy that if 10 people farm mods equally with no differentials between them there won't be one guy more lucky than the other. So i'm not kidding myself, because i'm not calling that disingenous.
    The reason i think it's disingenous to call it just luck is because people use it as an excuse eventhough the reason they have worse mods may very well be that they just farmed less mods or their slicing strategy isnt exactly effective.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gannon wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    BaronFlame wrote: »

    In this context, most of the people I play with still farm mods 5 days out of 7, we refresh mod energy multiple times.

    At this point I really don't know what we are doing wrong, Should I be sacrificing goats to RNGJebus?

    well, only farming 5/7 days instead of 7/7 obviously isn't helping...

    I'm convinced at this point you're just trolling. Could you please show me where I said it was based on 100% pure and ONLY luck, because from my stance you made an accusation and thus either trolling, wanting to argue, or whatever floats your boat.

    Let me break it down to where you can't assume. If you take 10 people and have them farm equally with NO differentials between them, you're telling me that there won't be one guy MORE LUCKY than the other? You're kidding yourself if you try to call that disingenuous again. That was literally my point and what I said. The whole, "sorry I had more luck than you."

    I farm only mods with mod energy, and I average one decent mod a day, one good mod every two days, and one great mood a week.
    It's not just luck, it's farming habits and carefully picking which to upgrade and keep.

    When I ran an alt account, I had roughly the same mod sets on every toon, there was very little difference in the number of good sets.

    Are you serious dude? You must be a bot lol. Luck is still involved. It's luck AND volume.
Sign In or Register to comment.