edited April 2019
CHANGES HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Jedi Knight Anakin
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Galactic Republic, Jedi, Leader
High-pressure Jedi attacker that punishes enemies for wounding his allies

ABILITIES:

Basic: Deft Bladework
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Healing Immunity and Buff Immunity for 2 turns.

Special 1: Overpowering Assault (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and grant all allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. For each enemy critically hit, grant Protection Up (10%, stacking) to each Galactic Republic ally for 1 turn. This attack can't be evaded.

Leader: On the Offensive
FINAL TEXT: Jedi and Clone allies have +30% Offense and +20% Critical Damage, and other allies have half that amount. Whenever an ally is evaded, they gain Advantage for 2 turns.

Unique: Righteous Fury
FINAL TEXT: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage.

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Hmmm. Simple upgrade. I was hoping JKA would get a major boost since he's one of the most fun toons to play when he got a rework last time.

I like that the expose weakness is gone since the game has shifted significantly since then. I wish the debuffs were 100% instead of 80% and bonus turn was at < 100% health which is more in line with the new state of the game like when Kylo Ren got reworked.

Either way, its a nice touch-up. Obviously, we are about to get a squad of GR toons, and we are missing some. I hope to re-run him in Grand Arena and other game modes again. He's a fun character to play

EDIT: No direct named synergy with GK or Ahsoka in JKA's kit tho
  • Nice!
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Still No zeta...interesting
  • A bit underwhelming at first but not bad. I was hoping for a bit more aggressive JKA but all in all not bad.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I knew the synergy would lean towards GR instead of Jedi...
  • I like it. I always feel like he can be a contender for a journey as well.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I like it. I always feel like he can be a contender for a journey as well.
    Or a mythic battle. I hope we get a Mythic Battle for each era (Prequels, OT, Sequels)
  • Anakin is my favorite SW charaction. It’s not a mind blowing rework... but overpowering assault does have some potential... especially combined with new reworks/marquees.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I like it. I always feel like he can be a contender for a journey as well.
    Or a mythic battle. I hope we get a Mythic Battle for each era (Prequels, OT, Sequels)

I think there is a good chance for that. Orrrr the genesion Tb map will be muy hard
  • Acho q Anakin é o personagem chave de star Wars deveria ser um dos personagens top igual Darth Vader . Mas insistem em lançar personagens novos e deixam outros jogados
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    The 100% TM (or bonus turn now) still staying on his unique?
    Maybe I should work on the P3 inifinite loop again :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofsca4QT4pg
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Lol so staying away from TM related stuff from now on I see
  • Hmm... I’m not sure. I would have thought he would have at least gotten a zeta. Oh, well, at least I don’t have to use a zeta on him. But why just a little touch-up when he could have gotten a mind-blowing rework?...

Oh. OH, I see what you’re doing, CG! This is gonna be leading up to Anakin’s Hero Journey, isn’t it? Well, I will be ready, I can guarantee you that!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    He is still weak even after this. Sure, you seriously needed to rework his Special but still, why even highlight the Basic description? Nothing is changed. It was still at 80% before
    Its 70% chance currently
  • Kenobi and Tano get Zetas but the character that the whole of Star wars is (arguably) built around is still just canon fodder?!?!? ****? What gives?
  • Kenobi and Tano get Zetas but the character that the whole of Star wars is (arguably) built around is still just canon fodder?!?!? ****? What gives?

journey. see farmboy
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    He is still weak even after this. Sure, you seriously needed to rework his Special but still, why even highlight the Basic description? Nothing is changed. It was still at 80% before.

A little disappointed to be frank. He needs at least 1 ZETA. His reputation demands it!!!!

Looks like it was 70% before. No idea what changed with the lead though.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Maybe Anakin will get another kit upgrade like BSF and HK did once Padme is announced / revealed and that added synergy will have a zeta
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    Kenobi and Tano get Zetas but the character that the whole of Star wars is (arguably) built around is still just canon fodder?!?!? ****? What gives?

journey. see farmboy

This.
  • I think its a build up to Jedi Anakin and a hero's journey ????
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Fornstar wrote: »
    I think its a build up to Jedi Anakin and a hero's journey ????

Maybe. It seems like they’re building up to a new leader...
  • Seems lame moving along...
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    He is still weak even after this. Sure, you seriously needed to rework his Special but still, why even highlight the Basic description? Nothing is changed. It was still at 80% before.

A little disappointed to be frank. He needs at least 1 ZETA. His reputation demands it!!!!

Looks like it was 70% before. No idea what changed with the lead though.

Just the wording changed.
  • Kiki200490
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    CHANGES HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Jedi Knight Anakin
    ALIGNMENT: Light
    CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Galactic Republic, Jedi, Leader
    High-pressure Jedi attacker that punishes enemies for wounding his allies

Unique: Righteous Fury
    FINAL TEXT: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage.

Zeta idea

Righteous Fury Zeta: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage. If all allies are Galactic Republic, Anakin takes a bonus turn when another ally falls below 100% health.

^ It'd improve him, make him deadlier with Galactic Republic. Or make his Overwhelming Assault be unable to be countered as a zeta. Because he's still going to be a liability using that otherwise.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    His kit seems REALLY weak compared to the reworked Ashoka and Obi Wan (which was always good). :(
  • I wanted him to get a second special ability.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    His kit seems REALLY weak compared to the reworked Ashoka and Obi Wan (which was always good). :(

I think they’re building up to a new Anakin, and I think it would be hilarious if it was Jedi “Master” Anakin Skywalker. Take a seat.
  • The change to his lead is way OP