Kit Touch-Up: Jedi Knight Anakin

Replies

• Nihion wrote: »
    KKatarn wrote: »
    His kit seems REALLY weak compared to the reworked Ashoka and Obi Wan (which was always good). :(

I think they’re building up to a new Anakin, and I think it would be hilarious if it was Jedi “Master” Anakin Skywalker. Take a seat.

I'm hoping for General Skywalker.
    kexerb2rboou.jpg
  • This doesn't look like a major change at first glance, but upon re-reading his special, this is a nice little boost after all. Right now he has to critically hit with his special in order to gain a meager 25% chance to grant Offense Up. I use him in Ground War and occasionally in the arena against NS teams with Acolyte, and I've rarely gotten a buff out of his AOE. After the rework, he's guaranteed to grant Offense and Crit Chance Up every time (with a chance to grant Protection Up). Add the damage and speed bonus that Ahsoka gets from his presence, and it definitely pays to have him on the team.
  • This is the lamest thing i have ever seen in a rework. You might as well keep him the same! I have gotten really tired of this game lately, have cut down my playing hours dramatically and haven't been active in the forums for a couple of months either.
    This jedi trio rework was the only thing I was looking forward to and you couldn't even deliver. Like mentioned above he is one of the main characters of all the star wars universe and one of the strongest attackers ever, but still Ezra and many more characters have a zeta, are more powerful and a lot more useful to the game. You told us that they would have a synergy similar to that of Bastila and JKR and nothing again, some simple touches on Ashoka.
    I know none of the developers will read this comment, but for real why do you get our hopes up for something we have been waiting for ever to come. If you are to just give something this lame don't even bother, REALLY!!!
    No second special, no unique, no zeta. Just increased 10% the chances of him dealing a buff, changed his special making it from really bad to mediocre and adding some pluses in his leader! amazing work i am so proud of the thought and work you put in this stupid **** rework.
    You are really petty for this!!!!!!! I am tired of your money grabbing acts. I tried not to pay attention to it and just play the game, but you have taken it to far and trying to please some of the crowds that are free to play with the lame separatist rework and now the even lamer jedi galactic republic rework you really must think we are retards.

Could not be finished like bsf wasent so maybe when padma gets released he might get synergy with her and he might have gotten a stat increase. Plus i never expected any of the new reworks to be meta let alone higher then gg rework quality but = to or lower at best. Theres no reason why they would allow a new meta just after dr/malaks release if ur expecting every rework to be meta u will be disappointed every time i dont see an old toon being reworked being meta anymore last 1 was emp/vader rework before traya could count gmy but hes 1 toon not a group or a leader to be meta

I am not expecting anyone to be meta. You have a character that is a huge part of the story and you continuously don't build him up to what he should be. Please explain me where does he fit now that he was updated. I am not talking about when new updates and characters are going to be released, i am talking about right now. The only team you can put him in is in a jedi team. Lets talk about Ezra not only is he still being used in many Arena teams, but he is also a great player to use in GA and territory battles with the phoenix squad. I am not asking for anything crazy i don't even care about his leader either i just want a strong attacker that can actually be used in the game and a nice synergy between him ashoka and gk. That is it!!
  • This is the lamest thing i have ever seen in a rework. You might as well keep him the same! I have gotten really tired of this game lately, have cut down my playing hours dramatically and haven't been active in the forums for a couple of months either.
    This jedi trio rework was the only thing I was looking forward to and you couldn't even deliver. Like mentioned above he is one of the main characters of all the star wars universe and one of the strongest attackers ever, but still Ezra and many more characters have a zeta, are more powerful and a lot more useful to the game. You told us that they would have a synergy similar to that of Bastila and JKR and nothing again, some simple touches on Ashoka.
    I know none of the developers will read this comment, but for real why do you get our hopes up for something we have been waiting for ever to come. If you are to just give something this lame don't even bother, REALLY!!!
    No second special, no unique, no zeta. Just increased 10% the chances of him dealing a buff, changed his special making it from really bad to mediocre and adding some pluses in his leader! amazing work i am so proud of the thought and work you put in this stupid **** rework.
    You are really petty for this!!!!!!! I am tired of your money grabbing acts. I tried not to pay attention to it and just play the game, but you have taken it to far and trying to please some of the crowds that are free to play with the lame separatist rework and now the even lamer jedi galactic republic rework you really must think we are retards.

Could not be finished like bsf wasent so maybe when padma gets released he might get synergy with her and he might have gotten a stat increase. Plus i never expected any of the new reworks to be meta let alone higher then gg rework quality but = to or lower at best. Theres no reason why they would allow a new meta just after dr/malaks release if ur expecting every rework to be meta u will be disappointed every time i dont see an old toon being reworked being meta anymore last 1 was emp/vader rework before traya could count gmy but hes 1 toon not a group or a leader to be meta

I am not expecting anyone to be meta. You have a character that is a huge part of the story and you continuously don't build him up to what he should be. Please explain me where does he fit now that he was updated. I am not talking about when new updates and characters are going to be released, i am talking about right now. The only team you can put him in is in a jedi team. Lets talk about Ezra not only is he still being used in many Arena teams, but he is also a great player to use in GA and territory battles with the phoenix squad. I am not asking for anything crazy i don't even care about his leader either i just want a strong attacker that can actually be used in the game and a nice synergy between him ashoka and gk. That is it!!

Raids as a replacement for poa in chex mix in hstr in arena no where ga under qui-gon or gk lead probably a good option also

Raids as a replacement for poa in chex mix in hstr in arena no where ga under qui-gon or gk lead probably a good option also

I know there are a few places to put him, but nowhere near to where he should have been. Do you all really think that this is a rework worth it? Especially for a character of his statue?

I know there are a few places to put him, but nowhere near to where he should have been. Do you all really think that this is a rework worth it? Especially for a character of his statue?

For him yes but i dont see movie charters as all that great om mote of the old republic era and game story more over the movies cause the movie characters are over hyped and are cry baby's for the most part.

But if he was a general skywalker or council member version then yes but just as anakin skywalker no cause hes still beginning of ep2 aka a padawan still so no he shouldn't be all that great between his special granting 100% dmg and it granting a bonus turn vice no longer being tm gain (which was easy to stop) and no longer on his aoe being a chance to grant offense up on a crit and expose urself but now guarentes offense up and cc up with no down side plus can give up towards 50% bonus protection to whole party

so yes hes good for what he is and helps the squishy GR toons being tankier and buffs them up
  • I believe that this character (Jedi Knight Anakin) is mostly form the clone wars cartoon series, but even if he was from the movies. Anakin didn't have long hair till episode 3, which he defeated dooku and numerous times was mentioned how powerful he was. Anyways, this guy in my opinion needs to be stronger and more useful to the game and not a mediocre character thats being reworked just by changing the texts and increasing the percentages. If you spend the time to rework him you might as well do a better job.
  • Kenobi and Ahsoka get zetas, but Anakin does not? I think this might be an indication that we're getting a new, possibly legendary Anakin later this year. With a bunch of zetas of course.. :)
  • Kenobi and Ahsoka get zetas, but Anakin does not? I think this might be an indication that we're getting a new, possibly legendary Anakin later this year. With a bunch of zetas of course.. :)

Or an actual more in depth fix later like bsf cause all they did was do a few touch ups and redid his special but im guessing he will get more later
  • Even if that was the case he still should have been better and i bet that the new character won't have a jedi tag or they will make a new galactic jedi tag just to fack with us. It is hilarious!
  • Sev112
    109 posts Member
    A nice zeta upgrade would have been on righteous fury: ZETA - after bonus turn, reset cooldown of Overpowering Assualt
  • No change on Jedi Tag? to limitate interact with Jedi Revan ?
  • Jenjhys wrote: »
    No change on Jedi Tag? to limitate interact with Jedi Revan ?

Why would there be? The reworks don't look like they would make JKR particularly stronger, they just open up the possibility of running 2 Jedi teams.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    No change on Jedi Tag? to limitate interact with Jedi Revan ?

Cause if you make Revan powerful, you shouldn’t be a Jedi, lol.
  • USPTO
    12 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    His kit seems REALLY weak compared to the reworked Ashoka and Obi Wan (which was always good). :(

I think they’re building up to a new Anakin, and I think it would be hilarious if it was Jedi “Master” Anakin Skywalker. Take a seat.

kexerb2rboou.jpg
    Nihion wrote: »

kexerb2rboou.jpg

If it’s like the KOTOR cadence, we will likely see a beefier light character (General Skywalker, Padme, etc) and then a beefier dark side character (Fallen Skywalker?).
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    My understanding of the difference between "bonus turn" vs "gain 100% turn meter" is...
    If he's at 70% turn meter when an ally falls below half health, he immediately takes a turn. After that turn, he's still at 70% turn meter, rather than starting back at zero.
    Is this correct?
  • This doesn't look like a major change at first glance, but upon re-reading his special, this is a nice little boost after all. Right now he has to critically hit with his special in order to gain a meager 25% chance to grant Offense Up. I use him in Ground War and occasionally in the arena against NS teams with Acolyte, and I've rarely gotten a buff out of his AOE. After the rework, he's guaranteed to grant Offense and Crit Chance Up every time (with a chance to grant Protection Up). Add the damage and speed bonus that Ahsoka gets from his presence, and it definitely pays to have him on the team.

This was my first reaction. I remember in the earlier days being terrified of facing JKA teams because his special hit so hard. I imagine it still hits pretty hard, it's just his use has dwindled because the game has evolved. The special got reworked in an absurd number of ways and it doesn't even require a zeta:
    1. Guaranteed 10% protection up with a possibility to go up to 50% on each GR ally.
    2. Guaranteed offense up for all allies.
    3. Guaranteed critical chance up for all allies.
    4. Can't be evaded, so you are going to get 5 chances (or how many ever enemies are left).
    5. Got rid of the dumb self-expose.

Only thing that could have made it better would be to give him a healing zeta on this attack. That way there are extra assists with a GK lead.

With GK taunting much more frequently with his zeta, that extra protection up is going to be vital. Also, Ahsoka is going to get that crit chance up + offense up and then she's going to assist on this attack.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Teague wrote: »
    My understanding of the difference between "bonus turn" vs "gain 100% turn meter" is...
    If he's at 70% turn meter when an ally falls below half health, he immediately takes a turn. After that turn, he's still at 70% turn meter, rather than starting back at zero.
    Is this correct?
    He takes a turn and after that he goes to 0% TM instead of 70% TM
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    This is the lamest thing i have ever seen in a rework. You might as well keep him the same! I have gotten really tired of this game lately, have cut down my playing hours dramatically and haven't been active in the forums for a couple of months either.
    1. It’s a touch up not a rework
    2. Having a zeta or not having a zeta doesn’t mean anything. Sometimes omega abilities are better than zeta upgrades and not every zeta is worth upgrading to
    3. He has a unique. Having more specials and abilities isn’t always a good thing.
    4. Chill dude
  • His special is pretty awesome and the fact that they aren't requiring a zeta for it is surprising.
    1. It guarantees offense and crit chance up. So Ahsoka is going to get both of those and assist afterwards. Probably going to be wise to make sure Anakin is the faster of the two.
    3. It grants up to 50% protection up and eliminates the possibility of opponents dodging the attack.
    4. Gets rid of the dumb expose penalty.
    5. Cooldown stays at a low 3.

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't toss in a heal bonus in there as a zeta to compliment GK's lead.

• Please let this mean that we are getting a legendary or heroes journey Anakin. How does the protagonist of the entirety of Star Wars, the Chosen One himself, not have any special toons yet?

Just imagine a General Skywalker.

flzjdudyml39.jpg
  • Please let this mean that we are getting a legendary or heroes journey Anakin. How does the protagonist of the entirety of Star Wars, the Chosen One himself, not have any special toons yet?

Just imagine a General Skywalker.

flzjdudyml39.jpg

protagonist of the entirety of Star War is a bit much maybe for about 60 years out of the 6,000+ years that star wars cover only a few last that long darth bane creator of the rule of 2 has reappeared and his legacy continues throught a huge chuck of star wars and maybe exar kun also and maybe a few other original sith
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Is this correct?

Then it's no different. Pointless rewording of description.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    This is the lamest thing i have ever seen in a rework. You might as well keep him the same! I have gotten really tired of this game lately, have cut down my playing hours dramatically and haven't been active in the forums for a couple of months either.
    1. It’s a touch up not a rework
    2. Having a zeta or not having a zeta doesn’t mean anything. Sometimes omega abilities are better than zeta upgrades and not every zeta is worth upgrading to
    3. He has a unique. Having more specials and abilities isn’t always a good thing.
    4. Chill dude

1. Read below what was mentioned by the devs.
    Starting off, we’re going to be doing reworks of the trio of master duelists from the Jedi Order, Anakin Skywalker, General Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano. General Kenobi, for example, is already one the most used characters in our game and so we will most likely focus on changes related to synergies with the other two rather than pure power, as we did with the recent changes to Bastila Shan (Fallen), but the intent is for the three characters together to synergize and elevate the value of each other
    2. I didn't say that he is required a zeta or a zeta would make him unstoppable. I was just expecting him to have one, because he already has been reworked twice and because he is such a pivotal character.
    3. I want you to list me more than 2 characters that an extra unique or special made them worst. I'll wait.
    4. Just expressing my opinion on a subject that has talked about for a while now. If you don't like it don't read it.
    5. Don't just comment for no reason man. No point!
  • Teague wrote: »
    Is this correct?

But with a bonus turn he is guaranteed to take his turn before any other characters at 100% turn meter, so it’s not a pointless rewording of the ability.
  • When are these reworks happening?
  • Could change the name to “Anakin Skywalker”... We all know that this is the Jedi Knight Anakin, and I don’t know what is the difficult to put his real name 🙄
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Is this correct?

No cause gaining 100% tm is negated by daze shock or anything else that negates tm gain while bonus turn isnt negated by those and if not mistaken bonus turns have priority over 100% tm charters
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201442/upcoming-change-to-darth-malak#latest

As you can see, bonus turn cannot be prevented by effects that prevent TM gain like daze
  • When are these reworks happening?

In the next update, according to Crumb. Likely today or tomorrow.