Logic Escapes you FTP Padawan

Replies

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/p/775768257/
    is this you? If so, i'm pretty sure there are multiple f2p players winning vs you, lol.

As I said...... Hardly a whale......

judging by the amount of gw nodes and raids completed, he hasn't been playing very long though. Arena ranks leave something to be desired..

Fair...... Lack of game knowledge could be part of it.....

I just don't think he understands what constitutes a "whale"...... Either way, he doesn't have firm enough footing in this game to make such good posts and claims..... Jmop
  • Options
    Ahhh spring, the burner accounts are in bloom. They're like.. sand. They get into everything. Lol
  • Options
    I am completely f2p, never spent anything, and i can agree with op. whilst the game might be active with out whales, the whales allow content to be churned out. If one character can obliterate a team with one hit, not balanced in the slightest. If he was able to to 100k on a basic, might not be as bad as yoda, given the correct circumstances, can do the same. But Anakin is an easy character to unlock and level/gear/star up... Not really fair.
    I only just unlocked Jtr and am 56 shards from jkr. That’s how f2p i am currently, but the small amount of f2p people who do complain is just pathetic
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I am completely f2p, never spent anything, and i can agree with op. whilst the game might be active with out whales, the whales allow content to be churned out. If one character can obliterate a team with one hit, not balanced in the slightest. If he was able to to 100k on a basic, might not be as bad as yoda, given the correct circumstances, can do the same. But Anakin is an easy character to unlock and level/gear/star up... Not really fair.
    I only just unlocked Jtr and am 56 shards from jkr. That’s how f2p i am currently, but the small amount of f2p people who do complain is just pathetic

I'm all for others paying my way. Works for me.
  • Options

That all depends on what they are complaining about....... Complaining about not being competitive and having the latest and greatest while being a ftp, I completely agree with you......

If it's about what they already worked for being taken away due to a nerf, then I respectfully disagree...... No new character release should require a change to an older character......

• Options
    Should of changed the name of this post "Fan Boy enjoys being brutally...."
  • Options
    is this you? If so, i'm pretty sure there are multiple f2p players winning vs you, lol.

And as I said maybe you should clarify what you call a whale. You choose to go silent when you clearly lost the debate :)

• Options

That all depends on what they are complaining about....... Complaining about not being competitive and having the latest and greatest while being a ftp, I completely agree with you......

If it's about what they already worked for being taken away due to a nerf, then I respectfully disagree...... No new character release should require a change to an older character......

This
  • Options
    This OP lives in an alternative reality where the only way to fund a game is with extremely expensing pricing and p2w models.

Also excuse my incredibly competitive nature but I would feel ASHAMED and dishonored to pay to win. How people can so easily admit that they are ok with paying money to win in a game is mind blowing to me. This is what they world has come to, skill come second to paying to win. Congratulations man your credit card beat me , do you want a prize?

Bank account vs f2p 1-0.
  • Options

And as I said maybe you should clarify what you call a whale. You choose to go silent when you clearly lost the debate :)

A whale would someone who gets all the shiny new toys as soon as they are released. Krakens have them maxed.
  • Options
    The logic of capitalism escapes you. If the customer complains is why he likes it, the worst scenario will be the players stopping playing the game silently without complaining. I do not know if you're a friend of staff, someone from the staff using a mischaracterized account or just wants to appear.

As I said before, the staff of the game make ****, will hear whether F2P, dolphin or whale will hear criticism.

How to make a joke here in Brazil "The cry is free, Lula does not."
  • Options

I didn't lose any "debate"....... You didn't even provide a counterargument.... Fyi, in debate circles, that means you lose...

You clearly define yourself as a "whale", yet sit 200 in arena..... you are not a whale....

Please see darknesswon's definition above..... It's pretty spot on.....
  • Options
    @Balding is it pay to win though? Personally I dont find this game to be P2W at all. However it is very pay to accelerate. To me P2W is you spend money to get something exclusively a F2P person cannot. For example World of Tanks with the gold ammo (forget what its called in game) drastically increases their damage and you MUST spend money to get it.

@Whoever said I was new. I think I am about 2 years in granted had about a 6 month break once NS really dropped off

@Darkness Well I did first pass DR DM and MT 2nd tried JKR

As I said some would call me a whale based on the money spent. Maybe we need to have a post about what this community defines as a whale apparently. But its whatever.
  • Options
    @Balding is it pay to win though? Personally I dont find this game to be P2W at all. However it is very pay to accelerate. To me P2W is you spend money to get something exclusively a F2P person cannot. For example World of Tanks with the gold ammo (forget what its called in game) drastically increases their damage and you MUST spend money to get it.

@Whoever said I was new. I think I am about 2 years in granted had about a 6 month break once NS really dropped off

As I said some would call me a whale based on the money spent. Maybe we need to have a post about what this community defines as a whale apparently. But its whatever.

Is it pay to win? Is this a serious question? He's asking to nerf the ONLY counter that is left after the previous counter was already nerfed
  • LunaticWoda
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I didn't lose any "debate"....... You didn't even provide a counterargument.... Fyi, in debate circles, that means you lose...

You clearly define yourself as a "whale", yet sit 200 in arena..... you are not a whale....

Please see darknesswon's definition above..... It's pretty spot on.....

Again your missing the point... Ill type slower. On the previous page I clearly stated I am a "Star Wars fan who sometimes makes dubious decision with his money".

I also stated how much I have spent so far this year on the game. Some people would consider that amount a "whale" But again you were silent.

So what is YOUR definition of a whale? Is it x amount of money spent per month per year lifetime? Is it having new shiny things at first go? is it some sort of predefined Arena rank to you?

Also I did counter your points and you were silent so... yeah your not really progression your stance at all

• Options

I don't know who would call you a whale, or where you got the idea you were one...... But there are many threads about what constitutes a whale if you want to do a little research....

Fyi, with good mods (something whales have), nightsisters never dropped off to the extent you think they did...... Certainly not down to 200 or worse..... I'm between meta and just collected my crystals for top 100....... This was taken just now.....

tbvx4shnrvxf.jpg
  • Options
    In my shard Bubba NS sit over 1k. You will only find CLS in the back of top 100 and bottom 50 is strictly DR and a couple god modded JKR. But thats cool your NS in your shard can hold that rank.
  • Options
    In my shard Bubba NS sit over 1k. You will only find CLS in the back of top 100 and bottom 50 is strictly DR and a couple god modded JKR. But thats cool your NS in your shard can hold that rank.

How are you seeing the top 100 of your shard?.....

I'm not arguing that the revans are ruling...... That's what whales have, of course they are.... But poorly modded jkr teams and almost all CLS teams are beatable by a well modded me team.....
  • Options
    If you are claiming he can't be top 1000, you truly are out to lunch fyi......
  • Options
    I rarely pay any more. I used to, regularly. Remember when you could pay like $15 bucks for an extra 100 crystals per day for 21 days. I was a regular subscriber.

Since they did away with that, I have paid hardly a cent.

I wish they would bring it back, but I doubt it as their formula seems to work. But it doesn't work for me. The valuation is way to high.
  • LunaticWoda
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bubba from experience when I came back to the game around.. I think October ish time frame. I was like 1800ish rank? (may be off on that number but you get the idea wasnt good). I was able to push down o the upper 500s but by the end of the day I could easily be back to 1k+. Or if I only did 2 matches 1k. Now I will also admit my NS team is not built for Arena and never was. But all the other NS teams sat in that region. Now I have a fondness for NS as it was the first team I "whaled" spent excessively for whatever you want to call it. And had Talzin day 1 when she dropped.

My point being comparing your shard (which I can only assume) is a newer shard would never be at that rank in my shard. And again not that it matters its still props to you at the end of the day the payout for sub 100 is the same in every shard so /claps

And I guess for reference... And I can almost safely say Ill struggle to hold top 100 (First day putting Malak in the squad so havent pushed all the way) As I know I dont have the speed to content in that region very well

9eh5dopno3a6.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    honestly though, the whole f2p vs p2p thingy is just silly imo. The game needs both, alienating either one of them is not a good thing for the game or for ea/cg's wallet. If there was an oppertunity to make everyone p2p and earn more money in the process, you can bet your sweet behind ea would be doing that.
    p2p obviously comes with advantages and every f2p player with a brain knows that and accepts that. That still doesn't mean that this game should become pure pay to win, which i reckon most p2p players don't want either. It sounds nice, to win because you're paying, but you'll end up paying to lose because some other guy is willing to pay even more.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Bubba from experience when I came back to the game around.. I think October ish time frame. I was like 1800ish rank? (may be off on that number but you get the idea wasnt good). I was able to push down o the upper 500s but by the end of the day I could easily be back to 1k+. Or if I only did 2 matches 1k. Now I will also admit my NS team is not built for Arena and never was. But all the other NS teams sat in that region. Now I have a fondness for NS as it was the first team I "whaled" spent excessively for whatever you want to call it. And had Talzin day 1 when she dropped.

My point being comparing your shard (which I can only assume) is a newer shard would never be at that rank in my shard. And again not that it matters its still props to you at the end of the day the payout for sub 100 is the same in every shard so /claps

I have been playing as long as you have...... I recognized early that a strong NS team is a great way to hold your ground between metas...... Not sure what happened during your climb back up, or what the meta was, but I can tell you that a well modded ns team is a solid investment and you are mistaken in your assumptions.....

499kk2hu7n30.jpg

• Options

lol
  • Options

You are definitely not a whale , maybe a large porpoise, but no whale.
  • Options

Im fine with that I honestly dont care if I meet the community definition of "whale".... Unless there is some hidden achievement that gives you a full set of max speed modded mods... Than id care :P

• Options

False killer whale?

The false killer whale (Pseudorca crassidens) is a large oceanic dolphin that inhabits oceans worldwide but mainly frequents tropical regions. It was first described in 1846 as a species of porpoise based on a skull, which was revised when the first carcasses were observed in 1861. The name "false killer whale" comes from the similar skull characteristics to the killer whale (Orcinus orca).

The false killer whale reaches a maximum length of 6 m (20 ft), though size can vary around the world. It is highly sociable, known to form pods of 201 - 500 members, and can also form pods with other dolphin species, such as bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus).

up to 500? Forms pods with dolphins? Has some misleading similarity to a whale?

Nailed it.
  • Options
    How is asking for one decent counter "crying"??

Everyone crying about how Anakin "one-shots" the team (I have him on g12 and I lost more than I won), but GG do the same damage, is even easier to gear, and works in an undergeared team. So, should we nerf him too? This meta is all about "sacrifice defense to get more offense", it shouldn't surprise that ppl will beat him with FTP toons.
  • Options
    Essentially, you either have to be the biggest and best and you will pay to play OR you just want to pew-pew and have some fun, in which case you'll free play because you don't care if you're top of the heap. End of story.
  • Options
    @Jxg42

OR... You pay $200 to be the biggest and the best and as soon as someone else spends $350 dollars you whine about it on the forums while the person who spent $350 whines about the person who spent $500 because people who drop hundreds of dollars a month on a game they could play for free are maybe not exactly bright enough to be the best even after they've spent the money.

You know, with all the "blatant cash grab" posts, I don't think it's really FtP players that are annoyed. I paid money for the game one time, it was a combo of two things. One, I had gotten a gift card as a present right at the same time I started playing the game, and two, I would rather have everyone spend a little to support a good game rather than create this entitlement economy where anyone who spends a bunch thinks they should win no matter what.

I supported my devs with real money, then I sat back to enjoy the game. Am I disappointed when i try to accomplish something and fail? Sure. But i don't try to accomplish something, fail, then break out $1000 bucks and just buy my way to that single accomplishment and THEN insist that because I bought that one thing I should never be allowed to lose ever again.

So, yeah. It's not your dichotomy. Some of us pay because supporting the wages of the actual people who design and program the game is simply fair. We're not *truly* FtP because we spent some money once. But neither are we entitled cetaceans.

But it's not as simply as adding the third category either, because the people who really do pay to win then create their own categories of entitlement and far too many of them get mad at every setback instead of recognizing the truth: when you pay to get Malak, and you got Malak, CG owes you nothing after that. it's up to you to win at that point. If you can't, then either buy something else or get used to it.
This discussion has been closed.