I spent my lovely crystal stache on padme, and I am...

Replies

• Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Ironicstan wrote: »
    @EventineElessedil someone on Twitter asked if she expected people to spend $4-5k on this game and she said yes. So, yes. That's what she said. All people? No, but for anyone to spend that much money on this game is extremely absurd.

Although I imagine she was extremely frustrated with what had been currently going on, to imply that anyone should spend that much money on a mobile game every year is uncalled for.

Yeah no, she said some people would spend money to stay "at the tip of the spear." She quite carefully never mentioned an amount and she never said she "expects" players to spend anything that they cannot afford. You are deliberately putting false words in her mouth and that's not ok. It's never ok, it needs to stop, and I will always stand up to say so.

"Expect? Yes to some degree" her exact words.
    She cannot ever be the one to give an exact number, because that would upset ppl who spent over that amount or have ppl rage like they have after her already poorly worded rage retort.

The tip of the spear comment from her had nothing to do with spending, but more about the type/amount of players she wanted to see unlock malek.

Fact is... she did say that..... if it's not what she meant, it's her job to convey that better and more professionally.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    You are right. She didnt say she wants.... she said she expects them to.
    Literally the opposite of that. The number itself was arbitrary to the fact she hadn't significantly considered the goal of "catching up" in a game where there is no "up" to catch, the arena is instanced by start time, and GA and TW are instanced by power, making the idea of "catching up" unnecessary.

It was essentially a shrug, not her offering a hard number. The consideration and design resources went into making sure "catching up" wasn't a thing you had to do. Not for what it would take to do it anyways for no reason.

The "catching up" part imo was a pointless ask from the person she answered... instead she answered the question from the perspective of someone's expected spending to unlock the newest content, in this case malak.

Devs still expect the playerbase to spend ungodly amounts of money for virtually no return.... "unless it is unpalatable"

This is not correct. You're only looking at the first sentence, and very deliberately ignoring the rest of what she said.

Her response was that they expected SOME people to spend that much to get a single character. Then she said their expectation was for MOST people to get it the second time the event runs for free.

It comes down to how people interpret "expect." If I throw something I expect it to land on the ground, as in that's what I think will happen based on previous experience. When I took tests in high school my parents expected me to do well, as in they wanted me to do something. Two different meanings for the same word. You would be right to think she meant that they want us to pay that much for a single character based only on the first sentence, but the second sentence in Carrie's reply shows that they mean it as she's saying what she thinks will happen based on previous experience.

Every game has people who are going to spend their nut no matter what. Not many, but some. In her tweet Carrie was acknowledging that happens, then saying that most people will get Malak on the second go-around.

Stop quoting people out of context because it fits the narrative you want.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure how anyone can white knight for the post Carrie made.
    Not sure how anyone can deliberately twist and misinterpret that post and go to sleep at night with a clear conscience.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone can deliberately twist and misinterpret that post and go to sleep at night with a clear conscience.

The internet and conscience in the same sentence?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @Tvf, you've just won an award for being the most sarcastic person on forums.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    4000 gems honestly doesn't count as much of a stash.

If you are a f2p, it counts as good. Especially when you dont have kenobi to gear at the moment. Juhani is the easiest to gear, and kenobi is not 7 star yet. And dont even talk about carbanties.

4000 crystals... is not a stash.

Of course its not. Its a Stache. Yeah, its a word now.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm a 1.37m GP player and I am now entitled to get the latest legendary character handed to me on a silver plate since I have 5 seperatists on 5* and g5-7.

Lol. Take your humor somewhere else.
    I never said CG should give me padme for free. Just said i expectex it to be like chewbacca. Hard, but not that hard. I didnt expect joli bindo reskins to be a thing.
  • Options
    Wxrlock wrote: »
    Rockstar wrote: »
    Ok.... normally I don't like to be that guy, but come on..... a crystal stash of 4000 crystals and your forum name is Ryanwhales....?

You must change it to Ryandoesntwhale immediately.

You mean Ryan"wails" ... Since he comes on this forum to cry about 4k crystals which isn't much at all. I spent more than that these past two days on droideka

Lol dude. Why. This post is just a roasting pit
  • Options
    Most f2p players in our guild carry a stash of 20k+ crystals minimum most well over 30k. 4k is a drop in the bucket and not a stash just a tiny dirty stache that hasn't been washed in a few days.

This
  • Options
    Again why are they encouraging/expexting a small group of people to spend that much money for 1 character?

The ability for a player to spend literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a single piece of content is borderline criminal. There are very good reasons we have strict guidelines/ laws for gambling.

Other games have tried to put safeguards into their games to try prevent such things. And most of the time, the absurd prices are not directly set by the game maker, but by a secondary player market.

This game doesn't have a secondary market in game. So their character prices are all set through their shard packs or through their "gambling" system. So whether you take Carrie's comments in context or out of context. They already have a set amount they want people to spend.
  • Wxrlock
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Wxrlock wrote: »
    Rockstar wrote: »
    Ok.... normally I don't like to be that guy, but come on..... a crystal stash of 4000 crystals and your forum name is Ryanwhales....?

You must change it to Ryandoesntwhale immediately.

You mean Ryan"wails" ... Since he comes on this forum to cry about 4k crystals which isn't much at all. I spent more than that these past two days on droideka

Lol dude. Why. This post is just a roasting pit
    Look at your original post. You complain about the Padme event and barely have your team geared properly. Come better prepared or just wait for the event to return, crying about it will only get those types of responses. I couldn't get her at 7* and I have 4 of those at g12 will zetas. I'm not complaining. I just accept that I didn't have the right team and will wait for it to return.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a 1.37m GP player and I am now entitled to get the latest legendary character handed to me on a silver plate since I have 5 seperatists on 5* and g5-7.

I never said CG should give me padme for free. Just said i expectex it to be like chewbacca. Hard, but not that hard. I didnt expect joli bindo reskins to be a thing.

It IS like Chewbacca (either gear up all BH to some level and use the synergy of Boba for a 5* unlock or let a high gear Bossk carry the whole thing). Have a G12 zzAsajj? Fill up with 4 low chars and enjoy your 5*/6* Padme. Have a G12 zGG with some other geared up (not necessarilyG12) seps including B2? Enjoy our 7* Padme.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/963162672/

You are wayyyyyyy too early to worry about Padme and Darth Malak. Your frustration stems from wanting top endgame content while not being there yet
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/p/963162672/

You are wayyyyyyy too early to worry about Padme and Darth Malak. Your frustration stems from wanting top endgame content while not being there yet

This. I'm F2P with both accounts at over 3M+ GP and I don't stress about getting Legendaries the first time around. In fact, I was just happy to unlock Padme...
  • Options
    Focus of the moment is darth revan, then after that, everything else can come. Thats the plan i guess.

An actual wise person wouldve saved their "stache" and spent it on badstillas and carths shards instead. Learn from a noobs mistakes folks!

Perhaps its just because i like to go for too big things too soon, like ot chewbacca and all that. Cutting it too close, perhaps.
  • Options
    Ha ur annoyed? I spent over 11k crystals to get a 7* padme an g12 her and i have all of the other gr team u need like anikan ashoka and gk all g12 an i have zetas on ashoka and gk and both of padmes an she still cant beat malek. She can beat devan teams with no malek but come on how many devans don’t actually have malek. Like one in my arena out of the 28 tht do have him. An then she really does no better against jkr teams either so once again i fell for their **** pre-release vids showin her beating malek an dropped all my gear n crystals on a team tht cant win in arena. She is good in tw and ga but come on we all know its all about arena if u want to earn crystals so when u say ur annoyed over 4k crystals think about the other f2p players out there such as myself tht invested way more than u. I stuck usin my jkr team in arena still with a very expensive team of padme sitting on the shelf collecting dust.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

The internet and conscience in the same sentence?
    ngu5h39hue0s.png

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    ngu5h39hue0s.png
    The ignorance on display in this image is staggering.
    Still not a he.
  • Greeboy
    36 posts Member
    Options
    ngu5h39hue0s.png

LOL! I think it’s hilarious! You don’t have to agree with it to think it’s funny! Have you ever seen a Richie Rich cartoon? Have you read any of the comics? That pic is just funny! Love it. Somebody has to do one with Scrooge McDuck swimming in his gold vault! Wait... who has more money? Scrooge or Richie?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ngu5h39hue0s.png
    Sorry i dont speak charlie brown teacher

So before you wah wah wah, wah wah wah..... just enjoy the funny parts. everyone knows ftp will do 90% of that stuff WE GET IT YAE I DO !!!!! its the 10% that should be enjoyed and charlie sheen

Ignorant ehh

Man starting to miss cyan which is ridiculous in itself

Chillax
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they start teaching Economics in High School someday. Then we can focus on the game itself on the forums
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    I hope they start teaching Economics in High School someday. Then we can focus on the game itself on the forums

Lol have you ever been anywhere but general ??? There is a ridiculous amount of amazing discussion on every single subject you could think of game wise.... and more

High school econ is a thing BTW at least since the 90’s anyway far as i remember
  • Options
    With the Dooku and Gunray reworks I bet it’ll be even easier the second time the event comes around
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    ngu5h39hue0s.png

I'll take "mk4 stun guns" for $1000, Alex.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

It was hard, but not that hard.

C-3P0: 6* first time with shuffling mods to ewoks.
    Chewbacca: 5* first time with shuffling mods to Bounty Hunters.
    Padme: 5* first time with shuffling mods to Separatists.

This event was the same as those others.
    Again why are they encouraging/expexting a small group of people to spend that much money for 1 character?

Again, they don't. But keep on banging that drum, you'll get all the internet star points you crave. It doesn't mean you're right--it just means that the people who are wrong agree with you.
  • Options

It was hard, but not that hard.

C-3P0: 6* first time with shuffling mods to ewoks.
    Chewbacca: 5* first time with shuffling mods to Bounty Hunters.
    Padme: 5* first time with shuffling mods to Separatists.

This event was the same as those others.

Again, they don't. But keep on banging that drum, you'll get all the internet star points you crave. It doesn't mean you're right--it just means that the people who are wrong agree with you.

But i did chewbacca with one gear 11 and rest gear 8. Padme is way harder. Unless you have the new droids.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    4000 gems honestly doesn't count as much of a stash.

Yeah that's nothing. However, if you want a rant, here's mine. zzG11 Padme, zG12+5 Kenobi, G12+5 JKA, zG12+5 Snips, zG12+5 GMY, and the team still sucks :neutral:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    But i did chewbacca with one gear 11 and rest gear 8. Padme is way harder. Unless you have the new droids.
    Droid. Singular. B1 is as much a liability as an asset. So that means Droideka.

I do not know whether you mean you "did Chewie" at five stars or seven with that lineup. If five, others have done comparable with Asajj. If you mean managed to get seven stars with a G11 and four G8s, I am willing to bet one of them was zBossk.

When the Chewie first came out, Bossk was the new hunter in the same way Droideka was for Padme. And without Bossk, the event was incredibly difficult.

And six months from now, I have little doubt people who got Padme on the second or third event using a more optimal lineup that they farmed up after the fact for the purpose of getting her will be complaining that the Supreme Leader Bill Weasley legendary event is way harder than the Padme event they used an optimal lineup for because they don't have the newest Deatheater unit and the rest of what they do have are unprepared scraps.
    Still not a he.