I spent my lovely crystal stache on padme, and I am...

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    @NicWester then please explain to me what their business model is for new characters. When was the last time we were able to immediately farm for a character to a max 7* without spending cash or crytals ? As far as I can remember, young Han solo was the last character to be able to farm without any cash / crystals. And even then we needed guild currency to get him.

Their entire release structure is built on the freeium structure. They release something new for a limited time with the expectation that a few people will spend any dollar amounts to get it. If that's not your definition of this game, then we are playing different games.
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    Options
    I want them to keep making difficult events. That way you will earn the right to have a good character. It’s meant to be hard, and seems that cg is finally starting to learn how to do things.

People will always complain about anything because it’s what they do naturally, so just ignore them
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ironicstan wrote: »
    NicWester then please explain to me what their business model is for new characters. When was the last time we were able to immediately farm for a character to a max 7* without spending cash or crytals ? As far as I can remember, young Han solo was the last character to be able to farm without any cash / crystals. And even then we needed guild currency to get him.

Their entire release structure is built on the freeium structure. They release something new for a limited time with the expectation that a few people will spend any dollar amounts to get it. If that's not your definition of this game, then we are playing different games.

No, that's the model. And it's a perfectly fine model, to be honest. A lot of companies pretend that isn't what they're doing, but CG has been very frank--while at the same time giving free players plenty of opportunities to get those same characters in a reasonable amount of time without paying any real money. You'll always have to pay SOME sort of currency, be that guild tokens or shard shop tokens or time, which is more precious than currency because we only have a limited amount of that and then it's all gone and we're in the dirt.

What's the problem? Be patient. This game's going to be around for a while, these characters will always be available. If you want one badly enough then spend for it, if you don't then just be patient.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DarthWok
    48 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    @YaeVizsla oh I understand. I have nearly all the characters minus the latest legendary ones. But I'm talking about people who have dropped hundreds of dollars on this event or previous events and can't unlock the character.

Hearthstone added a bit of a safety measure into their RNG packs. If you unfortunately buy 39 packs without a legendary hit, the 40th pack should be one. I'm not sure if this was ever publicly announced, but it's what I've been told.

Also when a new set comes out, you are guaranteed a legendary hit within the first 10 packs.

In this game, you could buy 40 packs of shards and still get the minimum. Are there any safe guards in this game to prevent people from over spending? We have the odds now, but how likely are they?

Did you seriously ask how likely are the odds?

I wonder if we could get say, a percentage number that would indicate how likely those odds were to occur..
  • Azazel61
    68 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Although 4000 crystals doesn't seem like a lot, I directly relate it to real world cost. I live in Japan, so that would cost me 4000 yen roughly. Which is roughly $40. $40 is ALOT. $40 for almost nothing is absurd. $40 can buy you a new game. $40 can buy you a lot of used games.

I earn roughly $10 a day in crystals from arenas and dailies. I'm taking CG to the cleaners!
    I get the sarcasm but that just shows how out of wack the pricing is in this game that they are willing to let 24 people in each shard a day receive stuff that they sell for $10

Way more than 24. It’s every half hour plus many Po times have 2-3 people taking rank 1-3. Rank 3 is still 400 crystals.