Rework Reveal: Count Dooku

Replies

  • Ultra wrote: »
    I hate Dooku. Now I have to hate Dooku more. Bummer I just spent a zeta on Padme, hope it wasn't in vain.
    i have a zeta on dooku and it still feels lackluster with the 15% up (10% previously). He has a base protection of 20k so he’s not healing much (1000 more) and his total health and protection is 40k, very easy to DPS through.

    They also decreased his TM gain (non-zeta)

    I’m interested in seeing if his base stat values were upped tho

    My Dooku was so ridiculously squishy when I first started the game that I threw health and defense mod sets on him and he’s been fine ever since. I used to use him in my arena; maybe he’ll make a triumphant return. :)

  • APX_919
    2208 posts Member
    KrakenFabs wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I hate Dooku. Now I have to hate Dooku more. Bummer I just spent a zeta on Padme, hope it wasn't in vain.
    i have a zeta on dooku and it still feels lackluster with the 15% up (10% previously). He has a base protection of 20k so he’s not healing much (1000 more) and his total health and protection is 40k, very easy to DPS through.

    They also decreased his TM gain (non-zeta)

    I’m interested in seeing if his base stat values were upped tho

    My Dooku was so ridiculously squishy when I first started the game that I threw health and defense mod sets on him and he’s been fine ever since. I used to use him in my arena; maybe he’ll make a triumphant return. :)

    I used to run him with Sith Triumvirate plus Sith Trooper in TW. Usually held 3 or more times before the plague that was JKR arrived. Still run Dooku in HSR, good for a few thousand at least during garbage time in p4.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Jaybee
    10 posts Member
    Haven't read all the comments. It might have been said already. But under Dooku, you throw Mother Talzin in there and apply Plague and the healing immunity and fact its' not able to be cleansed seems a bit broken to me. Can you image this stuff in 3v3? Dooku, Talzin + whoever.
  • Don't worry guys and gals. You hold the keys to this car.

    If Dooku and Gunray are useful or even pseudo powerful, they won't release the direct counter for them or nerf their kits or the counter teams for them for at least two weeks unless the community somehow finds all the uses for the new kits, YouTubers share the information, and lots of the population gears them sooner.

    Evidence:. Finn, Sith Assassin, Sith Marauder synergy with Darth Revan, Vader, Palpatine lead, Rebels, Malak patches, Anakin, Padmé, etc.

    Don't star, gear, or use them for any game mode but territory battles and they should be just fine.

    Use them exactly how CG wants you to and don't innovate, don't use other existing kits with them that are synergistic, and they should be safe until June when the next rework or release makes them 100% pointless.

    PS :. There are several kits in game right now that these reworks will operate very well with if you look hard enough. Do not under any circumstances post about, make videos of, get excited for, or announce anything that cgs testers don't outright state in official posts and they won't get nerfed into Oblivion, or the squad counters for that matter.

    Keep the information from easy access for CG employees and you'll be all set. Announce even one YouTube video showing something they didn't plan for and that's all she wrote though.
  • Ultra
    3817 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    why no synergy suggestion with Assaj ?-?
    Would've been nice if Dooku gave Riposte to GG and Asajj for 2 turns too
  • What I want to know is how in the hell isn't Darth Sidious a Separatist?!? He created and orchestrated the entire movement!!!
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1289 posts Member
    edited May 15
    What's the best dooku 3v3 team now?

    He was pretty bad before. I used to throw him on a back wall with Geo soldier and sun Fac. I wonder if he will be useful now.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    why no synergy suggestion with Assaj ?-?
    Would've been nice if Dooku gave Riposte to GG and Asajj for 2 turns too

    A stealthed Asajj with 35% counter and up to 50% offense with a spammable AOE that will help get multiple enemies below 100% health faster seems ok to me.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I dunno about this whole hurting your own team thing that the separatists seems to have trending for them....

    What do you mean exactly how is he hurting his own team?
  • @CG_SBCrumb I love this rework, but I do have 2 questions regarding it. I would appreciate it if you (or anyone else from CG) would be so kind as to answer them for me.
    1st Question:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Basic: Hindering Press
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is Galactic Republic. These attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Stun and Ability Block for 1 turn and can't be countered or evaded.
    vw9la8xl4dd2.gif
    When Count Dooku damages Padmé for the second time (as seen in the animation), a lock appears above Padmé for a brief moment. What does that mean? I don't think something like that is specified in the kit anywhere.

    2nd question:
    Leader: Nefarious Connections
    FINAL TEXT: Separatist allies have +35% counter chance and gain 50% Tenacity the first time they are Stunned or Dazed. Whenever an enemy falls below 100% Health they inflict Tenacity Down and Healing Immunity for 2 turns on themselves, which can't be evaded or resisted, and all Separatist allies gain 10% Offense (stacking, max 50%).
    This is a good leadership, but it is not specified how long the offence and tenacity bonuses last. Would you be so kind as to specify this? It makes quite the difference whether it is 1 turn, end of encounter or end of battle.

    Other than these 2, I don't have anything. I really like this rework and I am looking forward to using it.
  • KKatarn
    465 posts Member
    I would guess Nefarious Connections holds either until end of battle or encounter since they always mention when a buff or debuff last for a only a few turns.

    About Hindering Press, isn't that the simbol for ability block?
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    I would guess Nefarious Connections holds either until end of battle or encounter since they always mention when a buff or debuff last for a only a few turns.

    About Hindering Press, isn't that the simbol for ability block?

    That about Nefarious Connections makes sense, but even then both options are vastly different, especially when you conciser Territory battles.
    As for the symbol, It is? I don't think a lock has ever appeared for me when someone was inflicted with Ability Block. Then again, I never really paid attention to that... Still, a lock is usually used to indicate something that can't be dispelled. So it seems weird for me to make that the symbol for ability block. I still think that might indicate something different. Maybe something from a previous version that was accidentally left in
  • My chances of getting Padme just got much much better :-)
  • GlitterOutlaw
    1749 posts Member
    edited May 15
    h027vbfk8jmg.jpg
    Of course this is why they waited until after the Padme event to do reworks (or tune-ups) on Dooku and Nute.
    This. I worked my butt off to get Padme and now there is a HARD counter for her. Awesome!

    every team is hard counter to padme one sion aoe and GR is toast.

    i get toasted by

    Palps team
    NS team
    Revan team
    Drevan team
    Luke team
    Treya team

    i can beat shan teams lol.

    i understand im not maxed but i should be doing SOMETHING!!!
    No. Just No.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Anyone else notice it's now 'Synergy Suggestions'? Nothing like a false advertising backlash a la Sith Assassin to get the semantics right.
  • Alijar1
    218 posts Member
    Perhaps I'm looking too deeply into this, however:
    r858x6le7awm.gif
    He grants stealth to all non tank allies (a strange choice considering you can't attack a stealthed person, meaning that Riposte will be effectively useless, but that's beside the point). In this gif, he's facing Plo Koon. Plo Koon has anti-stealth abilities on his leadership. Plo Koon is the leader in this situation.
    Does this mean Plo Koon is getting a rework?
    Looking further however: Riposte can't be copied, but there's no mention that it can't be dispelled. Kit Fisto is on that team, and he's useless currently. Kit Fisto rework also incoming?
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm looking too deeply into this, however:
    r858x6le7awm.gif
    He grants stealth to all non tank allies (a strange choice considering you can't attack a stealthed person, meaning that Riposte will be effectively useless, but that's beside the point). In this gif, he's facing Plo Koon. Plo Koon has anti-stealth abilities on his leadership. Plo Koon is the leader in this situation.
    Does this mean Plo Koon is getting a rework?
    Looking further however: Riposte can't be copied, but there's no mention that it can't be dispelled. Kit Fisto is on that team, and he's useless currently. Kit Fisto rework also incoming?

    Plo leader ability doesn't say enemies can't stealth.
    >:) So what? I want Krell!
  • dimi4a
    1170 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm looking too deeply into this, however:
    r858x6le7awm.gif
    He grants stealth to all non tank allies (a strange choice considering you can't attack a stealthed person, meaning that Riposte will be effectively useless, but that's beside the point). In this gif, he's facing Plo Koon. Plo Koon has anti-stealth abilities on his leadership. Plo Koon is the leader in this situation.
    Does this mean Plo Koon is getting a rework?
    Looking further however: Riposte can't be copied, but there's no mention that it can't be dispelled. Kit Fisto is on that team, and he's useless currently. Kit Fisto rework also incoming?

    Maybe, only time will tell.
  • Juzz
    302 posts Member
    Fléau wrote: »
    So does General Grievous benefit from the stacking offense bonus from Dooku's leader ability?
    His damage does not scale with physical damage, so I assume he doesn't.

    Your assumption is wrong.

    When leadership or buffs affect damage done it is already physical damage. Doesn't take into account how it was calculated.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Jaybee wrote: »
    Haven't read all the comments. It might have been said already. But under Dooku, you throw Mother Talzin in there and apply Plague and the healing immunity and fact its' not able to be cleansed seems a bit broken to me. Can you image this stuff in 3v3? Dooku, Talzin + whoever.

    It doesn't say that the Healing immunity 'can't be cleansed' on his Leadership info
  • kalidor
    1740 posts Member
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    He grants stealth to all non tank allies (a strange choice considering you can't attack a stealthed person, meaning that Riposte will be effectively useless, but that's beside the point). In this gif, he's facing Plo Koon. Plo Koon has anti-stealth abilities on his leadership. Plo Koon is the leader in this situation.

    It seems like Dooku's riposte is a direct counter to the two main AOE GA heroes - Anakin and GMY. And I agree, Plo is an odd choice to be on the opposing team for the reveal; all the enemies will strip away the stealth and give themselves Offense Up in the process. I loved using Plo + attackers vs. zMaul teams in TW before they faded away.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    He grants stealth to all non tank allies (a strange choice considering you can't attack a stealthed person, meaning that Riposte will be effectively useless, but that's beside the point). In this gif, he's facing Plo Koon. Plo Koon has anti-stealth abilities on his leadership. Plo Koon is the leader in this situation.

    It seems like Dooku's riposte is a direct counter to the two main AOE GA heroes - Anakin and GMY. And I agree, Plo is an odd choice to be on the opposing team for the reveal; all the enemies will strip away the stealth and give themselves Offense Up in the process. I loved using Plo + attackers vs. zMaul teams in TW before they faded away.

    Except Dooku can give his team stealth, which GMY can copy. Preventing any counters on him.
  • Liath
    4605 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Jaybee wrote: »
    Haven't read all the comments. It might have been said already. But under Dooku, you throw Mother Talzin in there and apply Plague and the healing immunity and fact its' not able to be cleansed seems a bit broken to me. Can you image this stuff in 3v3? Dooku, Talzin + whoever.

    It doesn't say that the Healing immunity 'can't be cleansed' on his Leadership info

    The can’t be cleansed is a consequence of plague.
  • Laz
    145 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I dunno about this whole hurting your own team thing that the separatists seems to have trending for them....

    The leader ability inflicts tenacity down and healing immunity on ENEMIES when an ENEMY falls below 100% health. The Seps get offense buff. I read it wrong the first time, too.

    edit: quoted the wrong post, oops

    I read it wrong too. I guess because of GG I just figured.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Jaybee wrote: »
    Haven't read all the comments. It might have been said already. But under Dooku, you throw Mother Talzin in there and apply Plague and the healing immunity and fact its' not able to be cleansed seems a bit broken to me. Can you image this stuff in 3v3? Dooku, Talzin + whoever.

    It doesn't say that the Healing immunity 'can't be cleansed' on his Leadership info

    The can’t be cleansed is a consequence of plague.

    I thought Plague just prevented Plague itself from being cleansed, does it prevent ALL debuffs from being cleansed while you have Plague?
  • UdalCuain
    2911 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Jaybee wrote: »
    Haven't read all the comments. It might have been said already. But under Dooku, you throw Mother Talzin in there and apply Plague and the healing immunity and fact its' not able to be cleansed seems a bit broken to me. Can you image this stuff in 3v3? Dooku, Talzin + whoever.

    It doesn't say that the Healing immunity 'can't be cleansed' on his Leadership info

    The can’t be cleansed is a consequence of plague.

    I thought Plague just prevented Plague itself from being cleansed, does it prevent ALL debuffs from being cleansed while you have Plague?

    Plague prevents all debuffs being cleansed.
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Jaybee wrote: »
    Haven't read all the comments. It might have been said already. But under Dooku, you throw Mother Talzin in there and apply Plague and the healing immunity and fact its' not able to be cleansed seems a bit broken to me. Can you image this stuff in 3v3? Dooku, Talzin + whoever.

    It doesn't say that the Healing immunity 'can't be cleansed' on his Leadership info

    The can’t be cleansed is a consequence of plague.

    I thought Plague just prevented Plague itself from being cleansed, does it prevent ALL debuffs from being cleansed while you have Plague?

    Plague prevents all debuffs being cleansed.

    Ah OK, good to know - still farming up my MT so clearly misunderstood the reading of her ability, oopsie :D
  • TVF
    16131 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Jaybee wrote: »
    Haven't read all the comments. It might have been said already. But under Dooku, you throw Mother Talzin in there and apply Plague and the healing immunity and fact its' not able to be cleansed seems a bit broken to me. Can you image this stuff in 3v3? Dooku, Talzin + whoever.

    It doesn't say that the Healing immunity 'can't be cleansed' on his Leadership info

    The can’t be cleansed is a consequence of plague.

    I thought Plague just prevented Plague itself from being cleansed, does it prevent ALL debuffs from being cleansed while you have Plague?

    There's an xzibit meme in here somewhere...
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think many think it is a hard counter to Padme. And it could be. But we don’t know right now.

    Based on what I’m seeing is it is a soft counter that can beat Padme but would need key Zetas (B1, GG Unique, B2, Nute) in order to do so.

    As more toons are released maybe they have a better chance with more releases.

    Maybe Mace Windu is the toon to take out Malak. Who knows.

    But Clone Wars is so awesome. Super stoked for all this!
  • MightyWizard
    607 posts Member
    edited May 15
    Ultra wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    why no synergy suggestion with Assaj ?-?
    Would've been nice if Dooku gave Riposte to GG and Asajj for 2 turns too

    That would be way overpowered. I'm already stoked that GG and Asajj counters one third of the time under Dooku. GG especially hits incredibly hard on his basic, as does Asajj once she gets ramped up and she has stun.

    Oh and why have nobody on this thread mentioned zBSF yet? She fits perfectly into that team, sith leader and debuff synergies, and she brings arguably the most OP debuff in the game. Might be the best use of her yet outside of a DR squad.
Sign In or Register to comment.