Is Nute any good now?

Prev13
ssj4tim
135 posts Member
Title says it all, is Nute worth leveling up now? Obviously it isn't a Meta, but for GA and TW?

Replies

• Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    saw him beating jkr so yeah, he is decent now
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    His kit should make the Padmé event much easier because of extortion.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, worth it.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Corollary: is he best used as a lead or just a team member? His lead sounds good but I have concerns that he wouldn't be able to keep enough Extortions out for it to really work well.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Corollary: is he best used as a lead or just a team member? His lead sounds good but I have concerns that he wouldn't be able to keep enough Extortions out for it to really work well.

People unlocked Padme @ 7 stars with:
    Poggle, Spy, SunFac, B2 and Ventress.....admittedly all G12.
    Surely Nute gets a spot in that team?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

I mean ok, but that doesn't really answer my question at all.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Yeah, I am curious as I work up my He is whom I will be leading with
  • Options

Yeah, I am curious as I work up my He is whom I will be leading with

I say don't lead with him. Lead with Dooku or something else.
  • Options
    Good for what? Unlocking Padmé maybe but we don't know till event comes back.

Good for anything else? no haven't seen him do anything important.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    He made Seps way better, now I'm rocking the boat without a tank in the team and missing several zetas. People underestimating my team almost always loads it with tm and has to battle it over several matches both in GA and TW. Pondering his zeta, but there are other zetas I gotta get done in the team. This is from grand finale of GA yesterday:

6185hno03gw3.png

How mine currently is after that GA locked:

9p4sqxpmgehq.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

You must be one of those "only arena matters" people.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

People think that? Imagine playing with just arena being the focus. Miserable
  • Options
    He's really good under a ig-88 lead. Ig-88 lead causes all toons to add dot when they crit, and Nute's unique add 5% max health dmg when a sep toon debuffs. Added with geo spy getting 70% tm when other geos add debuffs, that's pretty decent synergy. Ig-88, Sun, Spy, Soldier and nute. Soft counter vs phoenix and fo.
  • Options

Not really I'm more of a realist. If you have evidence of Nute greatness share and change my mind.

Where else is he good? For GA I can think of at least 10+ teams better than anything with nute. Revan 2x, JTR, CLS, NS, BH, IT, EP, TRAYA, GG, Ewoks, Padmé, nest teams, plus more all better in GA/TW/TB/ARENA/raids than nute so where does he shine?

Unless you know of an unstoppable Nute team I'm not aware of thats better than the above...he isn't any good now imo.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Not really I'm more of a realist. If you have evidence of Nute greatness share and change my mind.

Where else is he good? For GA I can think of at least 10+ teams better than anything with nute. Revan 2x, JTR, CLS, NS, BH, IT, EP, TRAYA, GG, Ewoks, Padmé, nest teams, plus more all better in GA/TW/TB/ARENA/raids than nute so where does he shine?

Unless you know of an unstoppable Nute team I'm not aware of thats better than the above...he isn't any good now imo.

Heh a realist that forms an opinion before ever looking for any evidence. Oxymoronic.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

That's not really how GA works, a team's performance is depended on how/where it's used. I haven't done much testing myself, but i think it's safe to assume a nute team can outperform atleast some of those in certain situations or be a great substitution for offense (which results in being able to set a harder to beat def). Also, the team doesn't really need characters that are used in other commonly used teams.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Pentagon
    101 posts Member
    Options

I think it's fair to say that there is a ratio between ease to 7 star and power. If you look at the Seps:

General Grievous (Difficult Shipment store)
    B1 Battle Droid (Very hard fleet node)
    Droideka (High Hard node)
    Ventress (East Shipment)
    Dooku (Hard and Canteen node)
    B2 Battle Droid (Canteen node)

For myself, I have committed to the Droideka farm for GA purposes. Would I love B1 yes, of course. Would I run B1 over Nute if I had both, possibly yes. However, I don't think the power difference for B1 over Nute justifies a horrific farm (at this point in my account life) The rest of my team will be made up of the easier farms.

This doesn't mean all shipment characters are good, and I think Nute compares well to other budget options. I am thinking specifically the power difference between some of the BH budget hunters to their premium hunters.

Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Heh a realist that forms an opinion before ever looking for any evidence. Oxymoronic.

Trust me I have looked. there is no evidence of Nute's greatness at least not on here, yt, Reddit, Google...

where are all the useful Nute teams that you guys supposedly know of but can't seem to tell anyone about?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Trust me I have looked. there is no evidence of Nute's greatness at least not on here, yt, Reddit, Google...

where are all the useful Nute teams that you guys supposedly know of but can't seem to tell anyone about?

Curiously it's everywhere including my own experience. You absolutely stepped at it the wrong way, so sorry, won't provide it. Keep looking though. It's out there even on the uber popular yters.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options

Nute is a recently reworked char only worked with seps.
    Most of ppl probably gearing sep droids for him or waiting geos rework to decide which 5 to get.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options

We call them falsists: creators of their own unshared reality.

Back to the topic at hand. Nute may not be awesome but he is a lot more fun.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

He created his own unshared reality...

BTW I agree with him. Nute may not be awesome. But he is fun.

Lmfao...

Wow, well thanks for proving my point. No one even asked is Nute fun. Try to stay on topic, it's hard I can tell...

The op asked is Nute worth leveling up. The answer is NO. If your a competitive player there are 50 to 100 better characters to invest in.

As far as the proof that Nute is some amazing GA character it's apparently all over the Internet but no one can post any links for the op.

Part of why Nute still sucks so bad is his zeta is broken and not working at all so his rework was essentially a change of his description only.

Go look at the bug reports if you don't beleive me and think I'm making a false reality, or better ignore me, gear Nute to g13 and keep the video secret, I'm sure it will work out well for you.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Lmfao...

Wow, well thanks for proving my point. No one even asked is Nute fun. Try to stay on topic, it's hard I can tell...

The op asked is Nute worth leveling up. The answer is NO. If your a competitive player there are 50 to 100 better characters to invest in.

As far as the proof that Nute is some amazing GA character it's apparently all over the Internet but no one can post any links for the op.

Part of why Nute still sucks so bad is his zeta is broken and not working at all so his rework was essentially a change of his description only.

Go look at the bug reports if you don't beleive me and think I'm making a false reality, or better ignore me, gear Nute to g13 and keep the video secret, I'm sure it will work out well for you.

You are %100 wrong on this subject and listing GG as one of the teams that are better than any uses of Nute -wink wink- makes you lose all credibility for anything you will further say on the subject.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    But then I bar the option that you were talking Nute solo as a one team. Nute is worthless when used only by himself. Cup/Ugnaught duo is capable of beating him on offense. Stun with Cup, job done.
  • ReworkGriev0us
    213 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Lmfao...

You are %100 wrong on this subject and listing GG as one of the teams that are better than any uses of Nute -wink wink- makes you lose all credibility for anything you will further say on the subject.

I use GG in arena. Works decently. Gonna put nute in soon. (To see what he's like)
  • Options

Lmfao...

GG can beat Revan. Yes.
    Can Nute lead beat Revan, no.

GG can unlock Padmé 7*
    Can Nute? No one knows...

If anyone wants some notorious forum credibility explain how useful Nute is for the OP. Specifically what teams does Nute counter now with his new not working zeta?

GG is more useful than nute. This is fax!

In GA, TW and PVE until someone can support proof of Nute's greatness he is trash. So far no one has posted a single use for Nute where he shines better than a CLS, better than a Revan, better than a Rey, better than a NS, better than any of the top 10 teams in the game. I've seen a video where Nute beat a BH team ooo so scary my g10 Ewoks kill g12 BH teams so the fact a g12 Nute can win doesn't impress me. But maybe it impressed you?

Or is the naysayers point that Nute is awesome because he is part of the amazing separatist team which is 17th best... cuz that's truly more onyx.

Anyways have fun making fun of me, enjoy your investment in g12 zeta Nute lol. I look forward to meeting you in GA.
  • Options

Lmfao...

https://youtu.be/IVty9eRKpzY

Nute post rework didn't make the top 15 teams list by mobile gamer. Yes rework happened before this list was made.

But don't take my word for it, don't watch the video, according to a few people posting here Nute is amazing. Trust them because they say I have no idea what I'm talking about and GG isn't useful but Nute really really is. don't worry about g12 GG Droid teams to kill Revans, don't worry about G12 GG for 7* Padmé, GG isn't needed and anyone who says GG is more useful has lost all credibility.

no they can't provide any proof, videos or pics that Nute is great or how he is used. We should all just know that Nute is definitely very useful in GA and we should take him yo g12 with a zeta ASAP because someone on forum said so.

See ya in GA I hope you bring your g12 Nute so I can kill it with my anything I have left team.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nute post rework didn't make the top 15 teams list by mobile gamer.

9YC2.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!