• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The other part of the problem with speed is that getting speed on mods is wayyyyyy too RNG based. Some people are lucky and get dozens of secondary speeds that roll to +20. I have 6 mods with 20+ secondary speed after two years of playing this game. I've been farming mods pretty much 4 days a week for about a year now.

A week is 7 days long though.

No kidding? Wowwwwww. No wonder I've not gotten enough.

I've also been farming slicing mats to slice up my mods too. So, yeah, that's part of the mod building stuff.

I've played the same time as you. I have 20 mods at 20+. Some of that is surely luck, but some of it is probably not.

If everyone else playing the same amount of time as us had as many as you, then perhaps. But I see plenty of rosters similar to mine for the same amount of time that have crap luck just like me.

But thanks for your input, as always CG_TVF. :wink:

how many players who've been playing as long as you have refreshed their mod energy 3 times daily and sacrificed their cantina toon farms at the time to farm more mods aswell as buying mods from the store when they show up though?
    I'm not saying there isn't any luck involved in aqcuiring 20+ speed secondaries, but having "only" 6 of them makes me wonder how commited you've been to mod/slicing material farming.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Phoenixeon
    1844 posts Member
    Options
    Again, ppl with average luck or above are saying everything is about their hard work.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Again, read what I actually wrote.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    That they farm mods 4 days out of 7 in a week and you were are smarty about it?
  • Whatelse73
    2214 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    The other part of the problem with speed is that getting speed on mods is wayyyyyy too RNG based. Some people are lucky and get dozens of secondary speeds that roll to +20. I have 6 mods with 20+ secondary speed after two years of playing this game. I've been farming mods pretty much 4 days a week for about a year now.

I've also been farming slicing mats to slice up my mods too. So, yeah, that's part of the mod building stuff.

I've played the same time as you. I have 20 mods at 20+. Some of that is surely luck, but some of it is probably not.

If everyone else playing the same amount of time as us had as many as you, then perhaps. But I see plenty of rosters similar to mine for the same amount of time that have crap luck just like me.

how many players who've been playing as long as you have refreshed their mod energy 3 times daily and sacrificed their cantina toon farms at the time to farm more mods aswell as buying mods from the store when they show up though?
    I'm not saying there isn't any luck involved in aqcuiring 20+ speed secondaries, but having "only" 6 of them makes me wonder how commited you've been to mod/slicing material farming.

You say that thinking that farming for over a year should require me to spend crystals to refresh mod energy 3x to get more than 6 20+ speed mods?

The average player shouldn't have to spend hundreds of crystals daily just to get a "chance" to have a couple dozen 20+ speed mods after a year. That is ridiculous. Especially with all the other things we have to farm as well. Resource management is one thing, but 20+ speed mods shouldn't be so freakin' rare that after two years of playing you only have "20" as CG_TVF stated. It's a good example of how ridiculous it is if someone has spent hundreds of crystals daily to only have 20 20+ speed mods.

If you think that is "normal" than you really like punishment a bit too much.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    I was right apparently, it's partly your own fault. I have spent 150 crystals daily without fail since they introduced mod energy. You haven't.
  • Phoenixeon
    1844 posts Member
    Options

Ultimately its something called and about "luck", thats everyone bear the different kind on birth.

Refreshing many times a day by spending crystals increases the chance of getting good mod, thats true, but will not increases your luck.

So people with bad luck will get less super ultra very fast mod than average luck (or above average) players in the very end unless they refreshing more times than the others. and refreshing cost crystals.
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

But I don't necessarily need anyone to have defense and crit damage up, so should I have not bought this mod today?

What?

It has +19 speed.

+19 isn't worth it to anyone going for that "one extra speed" when the base set isn't speed.... You're telling me that they don't have any 20s?

If you're going with mismatches and saying screw it to the speed set bonus, they need to be in the mid 20s to add overall speed

+19 on a defense is a great mod to have but it's not going to be used very much in a set that needs every single point of speed possible

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You say that thinking that farming for over a year should require me to spend crystals to refresh mod energy 3x to get more than 6 20+ speed mods?

The average player shouldn't have to spend hundreds of crystals daily just to get a "chance" to have a couple dozen 20+ speed mods after a year. That is ridiculous. Especially with all the other things we have to farm as well. Resource management is one thing, but 20+ speed mods shouldn't be so freakin' rare that after two years of playing you only have "20" as CG_TVF stated. It's a good example of how ridiculous it is if someone has spent hundreds of crystals daily to only have 20 20+ speed mods.

If you think that is "normal" than you really like punishment a bit too much.

The average player probably doesn't spend that many crystals on mods, that's why the average player doesn't have amazing mods (unless ofcourse (s)he's very lucky).
    So it's "normal" to not have many 20+ speed secondary mods.
    However, if you wish to have a competative advantage over other players with your mods, spending more crystals on farming them usually results in exactly that; a competative advantage.
    I don't like punishment, but i do like to have an oppertunity to outperform my peers with mods. If 20+ speed secondaries dropped alot, everyone would have alot of them, making them semi useless in terms of giving an advantage over others.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Ultimately its something called and about "luck", thats everyone bear the different kind on birth.

Refreshing many times a day by spending crystals increases the chance of getting good mod, thats true, but will not increases your luck.

So people with bad luck will get less super ultra very fast mod than average luck (or above average) players in the very end unless they refreshing more times than the others. and refreshing cost crystals.

The chances of getting a ultra super fast mod are the same for every player. It's just a numbers game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

But I don't necessarily need anyone to have defense and crit damage up, so should I have not bought this mod today?

What?

It has +19 speed.

+19 isn't worth it to anyone going for that "one extra speed" when the base set isn't speed.... You're telling me that they don't have any 20s?

If you're going with mismatches and saying screw it to the speed set bonus, they need to be in the mid 20s to add overall speed

+19 on a defense is a great mod to have but it's not going to be used very much in a set that needs every single point of speed possible
    That mod has more speed than alll of your mods for that slot, but sure, it's not going to get used much in a set that needs every single point of speed possible.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/659311826/mods/?slot_4=1&stat2_5=1
    In case you misunderstood the point made about mismatching sets, you obviously don't break the speed set. So 4 speed mods with 2 random mods that have the highest possible speed secondary regardless of set.
  • Options
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

That mod has more speed than alll of your mods for that slot, but sure, it's not going to get used much in a set that needs every single point of speed possible.
    In case you misunderstood the point made about mismatching sets, you obviously don't break the speed set. So 4 speed mods with 2 random mods that have the highest possible speed secondary regardless of set.

Be yet it still wouldn’t make any toon faster than what I can currently do because it’s not in the 20s and not a speed mod. I don’t get what’s so hard about that to understand. The other 2 non speeds I use are mid 20s. Why would I swap out something for a 19?

• TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

Be yet it still wouldn’t make any toon faster than what I can currently do because it’s not in the 20s and not a speed mod. I don’t get what’s so hard about that to understand. The other 2 non speeds I use are mid 20s. Why would I swap out something for a 19?

Ah another arena only player.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options

Refreshing many times a day by spending crystals increases the chance of getting good mod, thats true

Glad we agree.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

I was gonna be a d...ck about it, but instead i'll just explain why.
    Because the difference between you best speed set triangle and that +19 def set triangle is 5 (6 if fully upgraded) while the difference between your best speed set square and non-speed set square is only 4.
    That +19 speed def mod would make your fastest set, not just any set, but your fastest set, 1 speed faster. 2 more if you slice it to max.
    • +20, speed set square, currently equiped on Nest
    • +24, crit dmg set diamond, currenty equiped on JKR
    • +21, speed set circle, currently equiped on JKR
    • +32, speed primary
    • +19, def set triangle, or you could slice that +18 mod from thrawn to +19 for the same effect
    • +15, speed set cross, currently equiped on JKR
    That's +131 + the speed set bonus while you've currenlty got +130 + the speed set bonus equiped
  • Options
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

Because the difference between you best speed set triangle and that +19 def set triangle is 5 (6 if fully upgraded) while the difference between your best speed set square and non-speed set square is only 4.
    That +19 speed def mod would make your fastest set, not just any set, but your fastest set, 1 speed faster. 2 more if you slice it to max.
    • +32, speed primary
    • +19, def set triangle, or you could slice that +18 mod from thrawn to +19 for the same effect
    That's +131 + the speed set bonus while you've currenlty got +130 + the speed set bonus equiped

Yeah, I'll slice it to 6dot if the toon I put it on is g12.

I've been playing 14 months, usually refresh 3 mod energy a day although didn't do much cantina farming beforehand, and I have 5 20+ speed mods (which is kinda cheating since I have a 24, 21, and 20 x 3) and with slicing could get 4 more (19 speed 5dot gold mods).

But I agree with the above math, if it's only speed you care about, doing the above is what you should do, and is apparently the mod meta for Drevan right now...

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know if the mod makes your fastest set any faster though @thedrjojo. I only looked at @SmurfLAX28 's profile because he was flexing a bit too hard for the state his mods are actually in ;)
  • Phoenixeon
    1844 posts Member
    Options
    The chances of getting a ultra super fast mod are the same for every player. It's just a numbers game.

Nope.
    Glad we agree.

But still dont change the result at the end...

Some players are just lucky than the others, and some are at the opposite.

Try to join the local tabletop gaming club, which playing the game by rolling dice, lots of dice. you dont have to play it, just watch ppl playing and keep counting, you will know what I mean.

Some player just lucky enough to have almost every die rolled at the result he wants, and some are the opposite...

Thats what I am sayin', ppl dont have many super speed mod might have tons super defense (or whatever non speed stats) mod because thats his luck leads him into, but hey speed wins, especially those teams with soooo many CCs and TM train.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Nope.
    Glad we agree.

But still dont change the result at the end...

Some players are just lucky than the others, and some are at the opposite.

Try to join the local tabletop gaming club, which playing the game by rolling dice, lots of dice. you dont have to play it, just watch ppl playing and keep counting, you will know what I mean.

Some player just lucky enough to have almost every die rolled at the result he wants, and some are the opposite...

Thats what I am sayin', ppl dont have many super speed mod might have tons super defense (or whatever non speed stats) mod because thats his luck leads him into, but hey speed wins, especially those teams with soooo many CCs and TM train.

I guess that's where the saying "the house always wins" comes from, the house is just naturally more lucky.
  • Options
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

• +32, speed primary
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

• +32, speed primary
    I’m on my phone and was in a rush but was going to correct myself that yes, it’s give me a slight boost but I have absolutely terrible mods and it’d only give just a small amount.... look at any Darth Revan squads in your arena and I can assure you no one is going to be with anything less than a 22 on their off-speed mod

I haven’t farmed mods really ever and so the fact that it only improves myself that little is saying something

So again, as I said.... very few people running sets in arena that need that +1 speed to make a huge difference won’t be able to fit that mod into that max speed load out(of course it helps people, just no whales that are in the speed meta currently)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

• +32, speed primary
    mdp14wa69go4.jpg

What?

It has +19 speed.

• +32, speed primary
    look at any Darth Revan squads in your arena and I can assure you no one is going to be with anything less than a 22 on their off-speed mod

No you cannot assure me that. There are a lot of Darth Revan squads. Some of them have very good mods. Some of them do not.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    look at any Darth Revan squads in your arena and I can assure you no one is going to be with anything less than a 22 on their off-speed mod

No you cannot assure me that. There are a lot of Darth Revan squads. Some of them have great mods. Some of them don't.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options

Nope.

Yes.

You have the same odds of getting a specific farmed mod as I do. You have the same 25% chance to roll any specific secondary as I do.

The only differences are:

1) How many mods you farm
    2) How many mods you slice
    3) How many mods you buy

Notice the common theme? The only difference is how many bites at the apple you take. Everyone who takes a bite has the exact same odds.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I’m on my phone and was in a rush but was going to correct myself that yes, it’s give me a slight boost but I have absolutely terrible mods and it’d only give just a small amount.... look at any Darth Revan squads in your arena and I can assure you no one is going to be with anything less than a 22 on their off-speed mod

I haven’t farmed mods really ever and so the fact that it only improves myself that little is saying something

So again, as I said.... very few people running sets in arena that need that +1 speed to make a huge difference won’t be able to fit that mod into that max speed load out(of course it helps people, just no whales that are in the speed meta currently)

Yea, you're right. That def set, crit damage triangle with +19/20 speed is a pretty mediocre mod....
    Get real, the overwhelming majority of players can use that mod to improve the speed on atleast one of their arena characters, if not all. Sure, there are some players who's arena team won't benefit from that mod, but even for them it would be a great mod to have.
  • thedrjojo
    962 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know if the mod makes your fastest set any faster though @thedrjojo. I only looked at @SmurfLAX28 's profile because he was flexing a bit too hard for the state his mods are actually in ;)

I stuck it on my paploo for the c3p0 event coming up, but my current arena team of jkr, I'm not sure it actually fits... My revan has a +20 speed health set CD primary, my bastilla has +20 speed speed set protection primary, my GK has +21 speed health set defense primary, my Jolee has +16 speed health set health primary (and that's better that +4 speed for him). My gmy could use an upgrade, but not with this mod. He already has CD primary, it's slower (+16) and doesn't have offense on it, so I'm not optimally modded there.
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The real problem is not finding 1 arena set. If arena is that important to you, you will do the grind, slice the mods and eventually get the God Mods. Then move them from one meta squad to the next. The real problem is what to do with the hundreds of +4 secondary speed mods that never increase speed as you slice. I have a solution.
    Mod Merging.
    How does it work?
    You can merge any 2 Gold, 5 pip mods (I would require they are the same set) and increase 1 base secondary (has not increased) on one of the mods (your choice obviously). Who wouldn't like to have a pile of mods with +9 or +10 speed for GA and TW? I have a ton of gold mods with +4 speed because they didn't gain any speed (usually defence increases 4 times, lame). They are basically useless, since speeds are always above 200 these days on any decent squad. It would not drastically alter the game. It can't be increased again (except +1 at 6 pip) but it would help not feeling like all those resources were totally wasted when your gold mod turns out to be junk.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    That's what the sell button is for. Grind enough and you'll have tons of +9 and +10.
  • thedrjojo
    962 posts Member
    Options
    That's what the sell button is for. Grind enough and you'll have tons of +9 and +10.

Exactly. Try not to slice purple mods that haven't hit speed as that's a lot of resources. Keep them for c teams or sell them. I have 110 mods that have hit speed a second time that are blue or purple that I can slice again (only 15 are 10+, but plenty of 8+ or 9+ that can get to 13-14), but even spending 150 crystals you can slice about 1 day if lucky, so I try not to slice anything not worth it above blue
  • Altazarus
    174 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What they deliver is extremely simple.
    Sim for speed mods, since putting 4 speed mods on adds a benefit to your speed.
    Any mods below 5* are sold.
    If an arrow mod does not have a speed primary, sell it. Otherwise up it to +15 and slice to gold.
    If a non-arrow mod does not have at least +5 speed secondary when acquired, sell it. Otherwise up it to +15 and if it goes beyond +19 speed, slice to gold, otherwise sell.
    Equip the fastest possible combination of 6 mods on your Arena team or event team for specific events.
    As soon as you have made your Arena and key toons for events Gear XII+, start slicing the mods to 6*.

Simply put, nothing except speed matters even remotely. No mod with a speed below +20 makes a difference. It is quickly becoming a zero-thought process.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options

I just checked. I've been playing for two years. I have 281 mods at +10 or higher.