Grinding is a purpose actually.

Doesn't make it fun
    Fun is subjective

• Options
    USAMAZING learn how to play
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Character collection game. Every time a new character added=more content.
  • Options
    Foomerang wrote: »
    Because it's fun. There's this thing called Pokemon. It's super popular.

I saw a reference to Magikarp the other day...made me smile. My favorite Pokemon. Useless early on, a beast when developed. :)

Hehe yeah this game pretty much encompasses it's genre. Guess some folks were expecting something else? I dunno. It's a fun game to me.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @grandmaster1985
    image_2.gif
    Post edited by USAmazing on
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    While i believe you are wrong about arena as i think it is competitive and does take skill as i finished 1 and then dropped to 37 the next day and i had to fight my way back up, ultimately that is the only fun part of the game. Everything seems to revolve around getting a better arena team so you can win more gems and then spend those on more refreshes. I think characters more need to be accessible. They keep adding characters to cantina instead of GW and arena shipments where we have excess or at least gain alot per day. We cant farm lando, obi wan, and chief ewok (forgot his name) at the same time, especially when we are doing gs, kylo, dooku, etc... There has been no new characters in gw or arena and it is very annoying. I have a surplus of characters i want in cantina shipments like poe 5*, 5555 5*, ahsoka 3*, boba fett 0*, qgj 6*, and eventually foo. They obviously dont understand how to make their customers enjoy their experience fully
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's a virtual slot machine that addicts dump money into to see sparkles burst out of their worthless characters. If you have no intention to spend money then you're literally worthless to EA and the developer of this game. They don't care what you think and your only purpose here is to make the gambling addicts feel good about being in 5th place rather than 87th. Move on to a real game, don't let their evil exploitation of Star Wars fool you into thinking this is a worthwhile investment
  • Options
    It's a virtual slot machine that addicts dump money into to see sparkles burst out of their worthless characters. If you have no intention to spend money then you're literally worthless to EA and the developer of this game. They don't care what you think and your only purpose here is to make the gambling addicts feel good about being in 5th place rather than 87th. Move on to a real game, don't let their evil grip on Star Wars fool you into thinking this is a worthwhile investment

But it is star wars! And clash royale is kind of boring. Maybe they should make a star wars royale
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    But at least Clash Royale has strategy to it and it's not just "my doll has more sparkle stars than yours! Naneenannee boo boo!". Oh and you can actually play Royale as much as you want
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    I half agree. I think a lot of people would have fun trying new combinations (the arena one does get boring) and we sort of do it in GW, but GW is made up of more arena teams.

I guess our purpose now is to develop units and try to guess-anticipate who will get buffed so we are "ready" to use our newly "OP" units. While we wait for more content.

I'm not tired of farming gear, although I havent got to many /50 purples and this is not a "purpose" I look forward to accomplish.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Frenzytom
    118 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    cuTMpZ0.jpg
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    image_2.gif

lmao

• ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    While i believe you are wrong about arena as i think it is competitive and does take skill as i finished 1 and then dropped to 37 the next day and i had to fight my way back up, ultimately that is the only fun part of the game. Everything seems to revolve around getting a better arena team so you can win more gems and then spend those on more refreshes. I think characters more need to be accessible. They keep adding characters to cantina instead of GW and arena shipments where we have excess or at least gain alot per day. We cant farm lando, obi wan, and chief ewok (forgot his name) at the same time, especially when we are doing gs, kylo, dooku, etc... There has been no new characters in gw or arena and it is very annoying. I have a surplus of characters i want in cantina shipments like poe 5*, 5555 5*, ahsoka 3*, boba fett 0*, qgj 6*, and eventually foo. They obviously dont understand how to make their customers enjoy their experience fully
    Skill?? Your fighting a AI
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    But at least Clash Royale has strategy to it and it's not just "my doll has more sparkle stars than yours! Naneenannee boo boo!". Oh and you can actually play Royale as much as you want

And it's pretty rewarding
  • Options
    ARC wrote: »

And it's pretty rewarding

And you can actually donate excess cards to clan members. You think EA would ever allow something like that for this game? Lmfao
  • Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Skill?? Your fighting a AI

If you dont finish 1st everyday then you just proved yourself wrong. There are very few teams that you cant beat. Just cause its a computer doesnt mean that is isnt tough. Your view is extremely flawed.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    This game does have a purpose; to be 1st! At least once. Should be a reward for that.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Endgame is just grinding at the point where it isn't fun.Days and months go buy to accomplish about ONE thing.And when ur done with that one thing you go grind some more.Arena is the same team over and over again and takes no skill and is not competitive.This game needs more endgame like the yoda event.There really is a million possibilities with Star Wars.Galaxy of farming takes FOREVER to get characters and chroms aren't worth it at all .12 LOBOT isn't worth 3days of playing.Cmon EA give us that content we need

What MMO game isn't this by the end? They all become nothing but mindless grinding.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Def need fatalities.
  • Options
    @ARC I have to laugh, because I totally agree with you cause I finally quit this game a few weeks ago. My friend texted me to tell me that there was new content (he didn't know I stopped playing) so I logged onto the forums to check it out.
    New "event" with more restrictions that cause you to level players just to play the event.. like the Yoda event... which is why I quit.
    ONE new character.. Magma Trooper?!?! The only reason I'm psyched for this is that it could possibly mean that the Magmatrooper might make the leap from EU to official canon. Otherwise, that's one new character available for F2P characters.. the first since The Force Awakens was released.. so 3 MONTHS!!! Yeah, F2P can try for Yoda and Grievous.. but really it's a waste of resources and was blatant catering to the P2P crowd.
    They have a few characters they could turn into playable heroes overnight as they are in some missions. A New Hope versions of Han and Chewie, Jedi Luke, Battle Droids, B2 Droids, etc. And they release one new character!!! LOL. sigh
    Don't miss this game at all and the hardcore players hate it when they're reminded of what little content they grinding for. Back to X-com for me. Enjoy the endless grind, y'all.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Endgame is just grinding at the point where it isn't fun.Days and months go buy to accomplish about ONE thing.And when ur done with that one thing you go grind some more.Arena is the same team over and over again and takes no skill and is not competitive.This game needs more endgame like the yoda event.There really is a million possibilities with Star Wars.Galaxy of farming takes FOREVER to get characters and chroms aren't worth it at all .12 LOBOT isn't worth 3days of playing.Cmon EA give us that content we need

What MMO game isn't this by the end? They all become nothing but mindless grinding.
    This is not a mmo if it was you should be able to interact with other players and trade

• Options
    are you still posting on the forums, but not playing they game?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Biggest secret in your young lives: Gaming has no purpose, it's all a passing of time consuming tasks we do for fun and you guessed it right.... pass time! If you want instant gratification you should buy a tripple A game. I can recommend XCOM but then again, you are just playing it to pass time. Goal is to kill aliens, there you go...

Kids these days. Must be a millenium thing.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    It absolutely is. This game is one place in their lives where begging and whining cannot get them what they want and it drives them crazy.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's a virtual slot machine that addicts dump money into to see sparkles burst out of their worthless characters. If you have no intention to spend money then you're literally worthless to EA and the developer of this game. They don't care what you think and your only purpose here is to make the gambling addicts feel good about being in 5th place rather than 87th. Move on to a real game, don't let their evil exploitation of Star Wars fool you into thinking this is a worthwhile investment

You mean like buffing a totally f2p Ahsoka and then fixing her bugged ability within hours of her re-release; while Rex has been bugged since he was initially released? Yea they totally don't care about anyone who doesn't sign their paycheck over to them....
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @Telaan
    Just ignore OP, it's only misinformation and this topic should be closed because of a lot of violations anyway...
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Another post about the "purpose" of a time-killer videogame.

You want a false sense of purpose? I present to you: The Bible
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    are you still posting on the forums, but not playing they game?

I play but I get bored.Rewards stink
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

You mean like buffing a totally f2p Ahsoka and then fixing her bugged ability within hours of her re-release; while Rex has been bugged since he was initially released? Yea they totally don't care about anyone who doesn't sign their paycheck over to them....

Obviously Asohka's bug was easier to fix and Rex's isn't. The fact that this game does have numerous bugs from launch is proof they don't give a ****. They have a designated amount of time and personnel they'll ever dedicate to an issue in order to maximize profit.