Trading and Unequipping

Prev1
Below (leave me alone)

Replies

• Options
    People seem to be in 100% agreement that they want more from this game, and humans are naturally content never asking for more than they require to be happy, EVER. That being said, it should be taken as a sign that we want this game to bear more. (Facetious as hell, ok?)

Trading. This covers gear and toons. Mainly the reason for this is because our needs change as we play and farming takes so much time that we often experience remorse in our decisions. Remorse isn't good :p We want players to be happy, don't we? Don't we?! So just as an example, perhaps I sit down at a table and see a listing of toons up for trade. Their would be a "message me" option to enable a negotiation. The person who posted the toon for trade enters into negotiation with the messager and is able to see his entire lineup. He then proposes a trade. Boom, a player enabled economy. I am thinking there are probably drawbacks to this, so feel free to list any foreseeable problems with this. But overall, I think players would really love this.

Unequipping. Similar to trading in that Unequipping gear would curb a lot of that farmers remorse. Say you farmed 50 of those week long farm items the stun cuffs of purple color. But oh noes, now you need them for another character, because you are an indecisive human. What to do! *grumble* for a week, before succumbing to another farm. How depressing! But if there was an option to unequip gear, that depression goes away. Also, being able to trade gear similarly how I described toons being traded might be fun as well
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    sorry .. no.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    Dark wrote: »
    sorry .. no.

It's ok :blush:
  • Options
    No, just no. Too exploitable.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Options

I figured you'd say that. This was my #1 concern. But how? My thought was that a whale could hook up some noobs. But, there isn't much harm in that, I thought.
  • Options
    Trading and unequipping = less money to EA.
    Less money to EA = no can do.

So:
    Trading and unequipping = no can do.

It could be fun, though.
  • Options
    Can not see any of those options happening. Here's why, allowing them to happen would only promote what's called "twinkling", meaning players would not have to put any time bro this game. Having a high level friend (or paying someone through PayPal and such) to give them the best of the best. Allowing this has kill many MMO's in the past because 2 things are bound to happen.

One, players who have put their time in will feel cheated and quit or at least quit paying money.

Second, no one would buy anything from the game, everything would be paid for outside of it.

Both of these options would make the game lose money, face it, that's why they put this game out.
  • Options
    Kaninchen wrote: »
    Trading and unequipping = less money to EA.
    Less money to EA = no can do.

So:
    Trading and unequipping = no can do.

It could be fun, though.

I also figured you'd say that, @Kaninchen. That is a valid point most definitely.

• Options

I figured you'd say that. This was my #1 concern. But how? My thought was that a whale could hook up some noobs. But, there isn't much harm in that, I thought.

Players generating multiple accounts on multiple devises to farm 1 specific rare toon each. Then they trade those to their main account for low tier toons (mob enforcer, etc).

Or farm purchase the beginner packs to load up on shards to trade to main so the main can quickly farm GG.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    No. And no I'm not sorry. Just no.

Players generating multiple accounts on multiple devises to farm 1 specific rare toon each. Then they trade those to their main account for low tier toons (mob enforcer, etc).

Or farm purchase the beginner packs to load up on shards to trade to main so the main can quickly farm GG.

This. It happens all the time in swfc. Make a new account, use the starter crystals to buy a pack, trade the card to your main, rinse and repeat.
  • Options

True!

• Options
    And what do you think about gear shop somehow similar to shard shop? You sell 5 white/green/purple gears and get, for instance, 1 white/green/purple random gear correspondingly. Not too much to change things drastically, but additional fun of gambling.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

Trading with yourself would be the easiest way to exploit this. Currently there is no restrictions on a person running multiple accounts, what to stop someone from opening 20 accounts farming different characters and trading them all to one account?
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Why on earth can't you just make a thread the normal way? Without being left alone.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.

A little lower.
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.

A little lower.

Keep going.
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.

A little lower.

Keep going.

Not quite there yet. Keep going.
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.

A little lower.

Keep going.

Almost there - just looking for a place to park
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.

A little lower.

Keep going.

Finally arrived.

For the love of all that is holy, please stop doing this. It's incredibly annoying and distracting.
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Why on earth can't you just make a thread the normal way? Without being left alone.

You guys are mean. Because for the umpteenth time my phone has a disability.
  • Options
    And it's the only way I can participate. *weeps in corner*
  • Options
    I would be cool with a character shop, but I definitely don't want it to have the absurd markdown the shard shop has
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.

A little lower.

Keep going.

Finally arrived.

For the love of all that is holy, please stop doing this. It's incredibly annoying and distracting.

And 7 posts to derail this convo isn't annoying? I have been on the record for saying multiple times why I post below first, its not to annoy, its not to troll bentwookie, its because my phone won't let me post more than a paragraph without copy and paste. Of course @BentWookie probably wouldn't have anything to say in my defense here because he only likes waving at me. Go derail someone else's thread @phroxenphyre
  • Options
    I don't really know what to say.. :/

No personal attacks, he explained why it happens.
  • Options
    Below (leave me alone)

Below.

A little lower.

Keep going.

Finally arrived.

And 7 posts to derail this convo isn't annoying? I have been on the record for saying multiple times why I post below first, its not to annoy, its not to troll bentwookie, its because my phone won't let me post more than a paragraph without copy and paste. Of course @BentWookie probably wouldn't have anything to say in my defense here because he only likes waving at me. Go derail someone else's thread @phroxenphyre

So why do you have to copy and paste into a reply instead of the OP? I fail to see how an inability to create paragraphs without copying and pasting forces you to make your point in a reply.

Technically, the OP sets the topic for the thread, which means your first reply is actually a derail and any discussion related to the "Below" is, in fact, on-topic.
  • Options
    Terrible idea, especially unequipping gear. Could just keep passing it around
  • Options

Technically, the OP sets the topic for the thread, which means your first reply is actually a derail and any discussion related to the "Below" is, in fact, on-topic.

technically I'm trying to make a post to the best of my ability. Nothing you've posted in this thread had anything to do with the title which is unequipping and trading.
  • Brimley_Ploom_19
    366 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

So why do you have to copy and paste into a reply instead of the OP? I fail to see how an inability to create paragraphs without copying and pasting forces you to make your point in a reply.

I don't see how your understanding this matters whatsoever, despite me kindly explaining it multiple times.

You are clearly in the wrong posting that many offtopic posts just to spite me. If that isn't worthy of warning, I don't see why I dont just start spamming every thread @phroxenphyre posts in.

• Options
    My phone is same way when starting a thread. If the first message is long the post button disappears.