Replies

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    You might struggle.

60 for Juhani and 38 for Carth here. Hoping weekly shipments have them in. Saved my crystals. It's doable with straight farming though I reckon.

Does anyone think I have a shot at it? Straight farming meaning? I’ve been farming them since they were released. The gear I’m not worried about. I have some on hand. But it’s the star level that’s concerning me. I even have enough GET to 7* Malak. Go figure.

24dy2sjcwnrb.jpeg

What do you mean by straight farming? Are you doing refreshes? At 5 node attempts per day and 16 days to go you would expect to get about 27 shards. At 10 attempts about 53 shards. So if the date is correct and you are just talking about 0 or 1 refreshes, then no.

Straight farming meaning buying the shards from the weekly shipments and packs etc.

Edit: and yes I’m doing refreshes. Can’t help bad drop rate.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Nikodeemus wrote: »
    Sooo, based on the usual 90 day window, CG is breaking their precidents again with windows. It could be resulted from the lapse in time it took to release on the first time, but they are punishing the people that started at the end of the first time.

Also I’m not saying that I am against it starting early, because I’ve been farming nonstop since JKR ended last time, and I am close enough to probably get him. And I’ve been refreshing 3 times a day like the normal people while spending close to my total intake of crystals per day, which is close to 550 with 1-2 in ships, 200 in arena, and GW and dailies. It should’ve been doable for the ftp people from start of first event

Cg hasn’t said anything yet. If I were to put on my tinfoil hat I would say posting Drevan’s return it’s more so for confirmation by cg
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I hope i will be ready. Carth is really pita to farm, especially while you still farming eta2(
    At least its only 89 shards left for me)
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Why would anyone assume Malak would not follow just as he did the first time around?
    Simply because it had tougher requirements?(good luck with that)
    This will only force more spending.
    Also he is not an impossible to beat toon. Simply more difficult. TRUE whales had their g12 time with him already as well
  • Options
    I should be able to get Darth revan to 17500 soon-ish after I unlock him.

1kappq40r7d3.png
  • Options
    By the way, the time-frame makes sense. Darth Revan's release was pushed back a couple of weeks, so 13th will be about 3 months sine he was supposed to be released. Guess this is just catching up to their original schedule.
  • Options
    By the way, the time-frame makes sense. Darth Revan's release was pushed back a couple of weeks, so 13th will be about 3 months sine he was supposed to be released. Guess this is just catching up to their original schedule.

Well said
  • dogwelder79
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    So I'll have to wait for the third time. Bad luck.
  • Options

correct, and even with a much smaller gap from planned release to actual release the time frame makes sense. The original planned release of DR was 21st of March (video that got released then had the date removed from), actual release was 25th. That puts the number of days to 1st return (assuming 13th is correct) at 84 days from original planned release, 80 days from actual original release.

Previous gaps for legendary / hero's journey (excepting palp and GMY) have been
    BB8 - 71 days; C3P0 - 83 days; Falcon - 85 days; RJT - 90 days; Chewi - 91 days; R2D2 - 91 days; Chimera - 102 days; JKR - 105 days; Thrawn - 114 days (second return only 47 days though); CLS - 140 days

The average time when doing 10 sims per day to go from 3* to 7* is 84 days.

Also, did CG ever state anywhere what our expectations should be for the time between events? They have set a president for it being around about 90 days, and this event follows that president in my opinion by returning "around about" 90 days after the first.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    You might struggle.

60 for Juhani and 38 for Carth here. Hoping weekly shipments have them in. Saved my crystals. It's doable with straight farming though I reckon.

Does anyone think I have a shot at it? Straight farming meaning? I’ve been farming them since they were released. The gear I’m not worried about. I have some on hand. But it’s the star level that’s concerning me. I even have enough GET to 7* Malak. Go figure.

24dy2sjcwnrb.jpeg

What do you mean by straight farming? Are you doing refreshes? At 5 node attempts per day and 16 days to go you would expect to get about 27 shards. At 10 attempts about 53 shards. So if the date is correct and you are just talking about 0 or 1 refreshes, then no.

Straight farming meaning buying the shards from the weekly shipments and packs etc.

I think you're one of the only people that uses it that way. Most people consider farming from nodes straight farming.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    Sooo, based on the usual 90 day window, CG is breaking their precidents again with windows.

"Precedent" means nothing here. Unless they have explicitly stated a rule for how they are going to do something, just trying to assume that something will follow a similar pattern as something before is not anything that is binding on CG. CG has never had a hard and fast rule on the minimum amount of time for a journey/legendary event to return. So nothing has been "broken".
  • StarSon
    7492 posts Member
    Options
    Sooo, based on the usual 90 day window, CG is breaking their precidents again with windows. It could be resulted from the lapse in time it took to release on the first time, but they are punishing the people that started at the end of the first time.

Also I’m not saying that I am against it starting early, because I’ve been farming nonstop since JKR ended last time, and I am close enough to probably get him. And I’ve been refreshing 3 times a day like the normal people while spending close to my total intake of crystals per day, which is close to 550 with 1-2 in ships, 200 in arena, and GW and dailies. It should’ve been doable for the ftp people from start of first event

There is no actual stated cadence for Ancient Journeys, so it cannot be "early." If we were using JKR as the measuring stick, DR is coming back sooner for a first return, but that doesn't really mean anything.
  • Options
    Please please please bring Malak back soon. I have been ready for him for over a month now. The wait has been unbearable.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Please god I hope malak doesn't come right after
    So it should come before?

No just not right after
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    That was fast, at least two weeks earlier than expected.

Yep. Combined with the drop from 8 to 5 attempts on nodes, it just seems like a not-so-subtle attempt to bleed people of their crystal reserves, or force f2p who don't finish at the top of their respective arenas to cough up some money for crystals.

I'll get him, but I know a lot of people who are gong to miss out - by about two weeks worth of shards.

Yeah. If it had stayed at 8 i might be ready but the drop to 5 probably means mid-July before I've got them all set.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    You might struggle.

24dy2sjcwnrb.jpeg

I think you're one of the only people that uses it that way. Most people consider farming from nodes straight farming.
    You might struggle.

@TVF I guess I misunderstood what Chris had said. I was just repeating what he said.
  • Options

No just not right after

Not RIGHT after.
    But it will be a few weeks after
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Sorry, I think I'm missing something here, there's no Darth Revan in June's calendar.
    What can I assume based on this information?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205008/event-calendar-june/p1?new=1
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Chima wrote: »
    Sorry, I think I'm missing something here, there's no Darth Revan in June's calendar.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205008/event-calendar-june/p1?new=1

Nothing since the second appearance of these events don’t go on the calendar in advance.
  • Options

No just not right after

Not RIGHT after.
    But it will be a few weeks after

Yes, hopefully.
  • UdalCuain
    5038 posts Member
    Options
    You might struggle.

24dy2sjcwnrb.jpeg

You might struggle.

@TVF I guess I misunderstood what Chris had said. I was just repeating what he said.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm hoping I'll manage with just farming from nodes and refreshes, without spending crystals in the stores.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    Edit the @ out next time lol.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Dang it. Spent 2 zetas today on Padme because I thought I had a month.

Oh well. Should get him and Malak both but may be short on Zetas for a while.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    You might struggle.

24dy2sjcwnrb.jpeg

You might struggle.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm hoping I'll manage with just farming from nodes and refreshes, without spending crystals in the stores.

No worries Chris. Text is hard to read sometimes with stuff lost in translation.
    Edit the @ out next time lol.

lol
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Options

Nothing since the second appearance of these events don’t go on the calendar in advance.

So, everyone is "OK" about this dishonesty to make more money with panic farms?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for the event, but I thought it was a game to "plan and manage the resources" as they (CG) usually say. There's any reason to don't add the "second appearance" in the calendar, besides the obvious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ reason?

I'm really curious because when I said the game has no information IN-GAME, they said the advanced player must come to the forum find the information. Now, assuming the official calendar isn't accurate, I'm a little lost.
  • UdalCuain
    5038 posts Member
    Options

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for the event, but I thought it was a game to "plan and manage the resources" as they (CG) usually say. There's any reason to don't add the "second appearance" in the calendar, besides the obvious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ reason?

I'm really curious because when I said the game has no information IN-GAME, they said the advanced player must come to the forum find the information. Now, assuming the official calendar isn't accurate, I'm a little lost.

It's not dishonest. It's part of the release schedules. You can read more here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

Part relevant to this:
    btqblpfc0okm.png
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    This time i am ready for him. Everyone is above 17500 and mostly have zetas.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    This time i am ready for him. Everyone is above 17500 and mostly have zetas.

You need above 17500 GP for Malak, not Darth Revan.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

It's not dishonest. It's part of the release schedules. You can read more here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

Oh, sorry didn't see this post from March 2018, since I'm playing since June 2018. Looks dishonesty anyways, it's pretty clear the reason is just to make money by the panic farm, since the third time the event shows up, it will not be relevant anyway.

But the lesson learned is... are you new? You'll not find the information in the game, please make sure you'll read all the dev announcement since the game has been launched. :)
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Options
    What is GET?