Darth Revan returns next week

Prev1345
UdalCuain
5033 posts Member
edited June 2019
Swgohevents have just posted on reddit that he is back on 13/06. Hope this benefits some people.

And before all the posts whining about CG not posting it here first start popping up, they still have until Thursday to announce the event on the official forums, in line with the character release/event schedule.

Source post: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bwni1y/the_next_scourge_of_the_old_republic_will_be/

Replies

• Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    I wonder if Malak is returning so soon too. I keep thinking it’ll take a long while before he returns due to the GET wall and most whales at the tip of the spear who used up their GET haven’t been able to have their fun with him at g12
  • UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt it. But hopefully those that didn't get DR first time round have been gearing the OR/SE toons as they farm, just to be safe.
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I’m almost at 6 star for Darth and juhani but I’m halfway through 7 star for bastilla, rip my life I probably won’t get him
  • UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You might struggle.

60 for Juhani and 38 for Carth here. Hoping weekly shipments have them in. Saved my crystals. It's doable with straight farming though I reckon.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    That was fast, at least two weeks earlier than expected.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Crossing Fingers that the SWGOHEvents Guys are right
  • Options
    $&_#! I'm not going to make it without the extra two weeks.
  • Options
    Malak - July?
    Padme - Aug?
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    *Looks at my Carth*

...I don't want to talk about it.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I m not ready. Will get him 3rd time it comes as always.
    I could not focus properly also bc of BH ships farm and saving crystal to get padme’s kyrotech gear instead of getting 50 crystal energy refreshes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yep. Combined with the drop from 8 to 5 attempts on nodes, it just seems like a not-so-subtle attempt to bleed people of their crystal reserves, or force f2p who don't finish at the top of their respective arenas to cough up some money for crystals.

I'll get him, but I know a lot of people who are gong to miss out - by about two weeks worth of shards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Shanad
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yep. Combined with the drop from 8 to 5 attempts on nodes, it just seems like a not-so-subtle attempt to bleed people of their crystal reserves, or force f2p who don't finish at the top of their respective arenas to cough up some money for crystals.

I'll get him, but I know a lot of people who are gong to miss out - by about two weeks worth of shards.

I’m not lying. I’m a ftp who spent all the refreshes attempts from day 1 they officially stated which characters are needed for DR. This drop from 8 to 5 attempt plus the earlier re-release means I have no chance to get him. I’m 45/100 for juhani and 4/100 for Carth -_-‘
    I’m sorry for my guild, everyone is sacrificing others useful pg farming for TW and BT because of DR...and then we get this punch in the face.

• Options
    Oh what lovely timing! Missing 12 Carth shards an 17 Juhani shards :D
  • Options
    Wooot!! Just finished Carth and Juhani yesterday.
    I won't have the 17500 for Malak most likely (At least not on DR himself), but it is what it is.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    but is it really confirmed ???? Please correct me if i'm wrong but should'nt we be informed at leat two weeks upfront ?
  • UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    Bytestream wrote: »
    but is it really confirmed ???? Please correct me if i'm wrong but should'nt we be informed at leat two weeks upfront ?

One week.
  • Options
    Malak will be 2-3 weeks after and before GA tournament start.
    A few reasons for this, 1) figured out they can’t wait too long because all will be ready. Having him back so soon means some will be forced to spend still. 2) levels playing field for GA tourney IF you’ve been hoarding and are ready.
    3) true whales have already had their g12 moment. True whales had him g12 quickly. And still he gets easily countered. That won’t change.
    Great toon, but still countered.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

The cadence is to be informed one week in advance. With the week the event lasts that gives you a total of two weeks. (That’s not to say it’s confirmed, I have no idea where they got the information.)
  • Options
    yeah OK..then it's still possible
    ....let'S see if they really announce it Thursday :-P
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

They only need to give 1 week advanced notice.
    For everything but the Malak event, that’s what they’ve done
  • Options
    That site doesn’t **** around with definitive dates either.
    So be ready if you want him
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    You might struggle.

60 for Juhani and 38 for Carth here. Hoping weekly shipments have them in. Saved my crystals. It's doable with straight farming though I reckon.

Does anyone think I have a shot at it? Straight farming meaning? I’ve been farming them since they were released. The gear I’m not worried about. I have some on hand. But it’s the star level that’s concerning me. I even have enough GET to 7* Malak. Go figure.

24dy2sjcwnrb.jpeg
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Sooo, based on the usual 90 day window, CG is breaking their precidents again with windows. It could be resulted from the lapse in time it took to release on the first time, but they are punishing the people that started at the end of the first time.

Also I’m not saying that I am against it starting early, because I’ve been farming nonstop since JKR ended last time, and I am close enough to probably get him. And I’ve been refreshing 3 times a day like the normal people while spending close to my total intake of crystals per day, which is close to 550 with 1-2 in ships, 200 in arena, and GW and dailies. It should’ve been doable for the ftp people from start of first event
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    You might struggle.

Does anyone think I have a shot at it? Straight farming meaning? I’ve been farming them since they were released. The gear I’m not worried about. I have some on hand. But it’s the star level that’s concerning me. I even have enough GET to 7* Malak. Go figure.

24dy2sjcwnrb.jpeg

What do you mean by straight farming? Are you doing refreshes? At 5 node attempts per day and 16 days to go you would expect to get about 27 shards. At 10 attempts about 53 shards. So if the date is correct and you are just talking about 0 or 1 refreshes, then no.
  • Options
    Please god I hope malak doesn't come right after
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    So it should come before?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    So it should come before?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that's not what he's hoping for either.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*