TB: both or choose

Replies

• RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Options
    I can assure you it's just so we don't get double rewards for doing 2 TBs at the same time. But this could be fixed so easily...
    Let guilds run both and just significantly decrease the rewards from Hoth. Please give us the chance to get our titles/quests and IPD shards if we are still in need lf those without sacrificing new content.

Please rethink your decision!

Except that would screw over every guild that isn't leveled up high enough to participate in the Geo TB.
  • Boofpoof
    342 posts Member
    Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Couple things I wanted to hop in here and clarify.

3) I'm also seeing a fair bit of consternation around how only one can be selected at a time. I'll offer that this decision didn't come lightly in the studio and that we considered a lot of different options. Through all of our planning this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game. We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.

Really there's no choice here TopHat. Any guild who cares about their members (which I would assume would be a healthy thing you would want to encourage) is going to read the writing on the wall here and hop on the Geo TB bandwagon. It isn't because it's the newest/greatest thing. It isn't because guilds are bored with TB. It's because guilds will HAVE to do this TB to remain competitive. Any speculation that you have that guilds wont care about this is laughable at best!

I'll give you that the top end guilds have probably had TB flattened for months by now. But I would speculate that's a SMALL percentage of the playerbase. Maybe you have data that suggests otherwise. After beating HSITH in November 2018 we switched to a TB focus for my guild in January 2019. We suggested Rogue One team farms for those who hadn't done so already to improve in LSTB. And now you've basically just negated those efforts because minus Cassian's ship and the Baze/Chirrut combo there's really not much more of an incentive to go after a Rogue One farm.

I have racked my brain trying to think of why having TWO TB's going on at the same time is a bad thing for any guild. And I can't think of one. From an officer perspective managing a TB is keeping tabs on CMs and timing deployment (depending upon your guild strength as to when you need to start doing that). But there's no go attack this, go do that intensity as there is in TW. Here's two scenarios/options:
    1. Choose Geo TB while a TW was going on to avoid missing a Hoth TB
    2. Having to choose between a Geo TB or Hoth TB to AVOID a concurrent (and that's the CORRECT way to use it) TW going on

I, obviously, can't speak for all guilds but I would suspect if you were to put these two options in front of them I would suspect that the overwhelming choice would be choosing a Geo TB while running a TW. But you don't even have to do that. Just let us run both TBs. If the Geo TB is too difficult for some then THAT'S a goal they can strive towards while they continue to run Hoth TBs. Taking away game play from players is just not a good thing. Period.

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Who cares about the definition. The dev post was extremely confusing. I didn’t understand how them running together was less demanding. I didn’t understand there was a choice and it wasn’t both. That definitely needs to be edited for clarity.

Regardless though I’m super glad to be done with one of the territory battles. It was boring. It was long past time to move onto something more challenging. I support this move (so far).
    I can see a lot of people complaining that the game is time consuming when you have to play two TBs at once, especially for guild officers in charge of organizing and managing each phase

I don't think officers need to micromanage the first 3 to 4 phase of Hoth TB at all, even if you are in a decent GP guild imo (150 million GP)

I've seen people complain about Grand Arena being very time consuming (!). Personally, I can handle participating two Territory Battles but I understand where CG is coming from and cannot fault them for it

Please, we both know it is not the concern of “game taking too much time”. It is all about people getting too many currency if they allow to go both.
    Stop this **** on players’ concerns. They never give a hmmm on players needs.
  • Options
    Just voicing my displeasure over the restriction of NOT being able to run Hoth and Geonosis "concurrently". (Using concurrently as it's definition states in Webster's)

IF CG's real concern is over guilds having too much work to do on a daily basis...couldn't they choose themselves to not put the effort into the Hoth TB?
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat
    First, I love the game and all the content. Thank you! However, as a 3.9M GP player and TB Commander for a guild approaching 160M, we are not ready to choose between DS Hoth or DS Geo. Some of us still need IPD shards and Wampa Kills...not to mention we just set a guild record of 46*. We also know we are ready to be competitive on the new map. May you consider the following solution...
    Start DS Geo one day prior to DS Hoth and let us do both. This would allow DS Geo to finish concurrently with DS Hoth Phase 3. Then, we could focus on Phases 4-6 of Hoth with Geo in the rear view.

I mean I’m at 4M GP essentially and still don’t meet the requirements for the Phase 6 Special Mission.

Respectfully.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Who cares about the definition. The dev post was extremely confusing. I didn’t understand how them running together was less demanding. I didn’t understand there was a choice and it wasn’t both. That definitely needs to be edited for clarity.

Regardless though I’m super glad to be done with one of the territory battles. It was boring. It was long past time to move onto something more challenging. I support this move (so far).
    I can see a lot of people complaining that the game is time consuming when you have to play two TBs at once, especially for guild officers in charge of organizing and managing each phase

I don't think officers need to micromanage the first 3 to 4 phase of Hoth TB at all, even if you are in a decent GP guild imo (150 million GP)

I've seen people complain about Grand Arena being very time consuming (!). Personally, I can handle participating two Territory Battles but I understand where CG is coming from and cannot fault them for it

Please, we both know it is not the concern of “game taking too much time”. It is all about people getting too many currency if they allow to go both.
    Stop this **** on players’ concerns. They never give a hmmm on players needs.
    They could easily cut the currency on both TB if they decide on running both or remove GET from Geo TB.

They aren’t shy of reducing rewards, they did it for Gramd Arena when running it more frequently (every week) so I don’t think it’s the only factor
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Options
    So, just to play devils advocate for a second. Remember all the complaints about the Sith raid leading to the mass exodus of guild members moving to guilds that could get Traya? Imagine what would happen to all the sub 80mil GP guilds if stronger guilds got to run and extra TB.
  • Options
    @RebelLion
    Good observation. The solution would have to include letting everyone run both. If a weaker guild can only get 1 Star, it’s okay. At least they can grow into at the same time as they are hitting 25, 30, and 40 stars in Hoth.
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Look some of you can argue the “definition” of the word “concurrently” till the kittens hit the fan. In the context that the post was used I, most admittedly, thought it meant that we would have 2 TBs going on simultaneously or concurrently or at the same time. I mean we can run concurrent HPIT/HAAT/HSITH raids. Or does the context of the word simultaneously/concurrent not exist in that part of our universe...

To me it’s just ANOTHER kitten poor slight of hand by CG. We give you new content but now choose which one. Oh wait a minute. We didn’t tell you that you would need to choose. We used our big boy word “concurrently” and everyone should know that means you have to pick one. Please...

It’s really simple for any guild who wants to stay competitive with G12 finishers to go full-in for Geo TB. I can’t believe I honestly thought that we would be able to do both LSTB/DSTB and try out the new Geo TB from simple scheduling. Coordinating a TB isn’t that difficult. I agree and thank the Devs for using some common sense in NOT running this TB while a TW was going on.

But it’s the same ole situation again. One step forward and <insert whatever number you like here> step backwards. And they used feedback from beta testers as a context that THIS was a good idea??? Fire your testers CG. Any decent sized guild with half a brain would have told you this is NOT a good idea. There are still guilds out there who haven’t maxed out their TBs yet. Why would you pull the carpet out from underneath these guilds now? Just plain stupid. And another shining example of how far out of touch you are with your players. Makes me glad that I switched strictly to F2P last Fall.

I completely agree.
  • Options
    RebelLion wrote: »
    So, just to play devils advocate for a second. Remember all the complaints about the Sith raid leading to the mass exodus of guild members moving to guilds that could get Traya? Imagine what would happen to all the sub 80mil GP guilds if stronger guilds got to run and extra TB.

While this is a fair point, I think stratification and mass exodus from smaller guilds will happen regardless.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Lazerbeem wrote: »

While this is a fair point, I think stratification and mass exodus from smaller guilds will happen regardless.

Exactly. Now, instead of Traya being the deciding factor, it will simply be "Geo or Hoth"? - same issue created, just a different question.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    CG please release the reward tiers for Geo TB before it launches. If my guild, 170milGP, attempts the Geo TB and we score low maybe 5-10 stars, would those 5-10stars equal or exceed our earnings from 45 starring the Hoth DS TB? I love TB and want to play both. Let us play both. Being able to use the excess Rolo and IPD shards for shard ship is very helpful for me.

My guild has yet to fully clear the Hoth TBs. I do not like this decision to make us choose. I love playing this game and especially the TBs. PvE content is my most favorite part about this game. This decision is placing guilds like mine in between a rock and a hard place.
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lazerbeem wrote: »

Exactly. Now, instead of Traya being the deciding factor, it will simply be "Geo or Hoth"? - same issue created, just a different question.

There is a big difference between the questions "Geo or Hoth" vs "Geo and Hoth or Only Hoth". There are still rewards in the Hoth that make it worth working on for a lot of players. There are thousands of players who aren't far enough along to focus heavily on G13 gear.

For sure there will be player movement in guilds, but it might not be that bad. However, if players could add the rewards for Geo without sacrificing rewards from Hoth, it would have a much more devastating impact on sub 80 guilds.
  • Sufinsil
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Can you change Probe Droid and Hoth Leia back to 2 shards each. Our new merged guild is 100m GP but we don't maybe 1 7* of each of those. Last 2 phases we can't quite 3 star yet.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

Here's an idea that hasn't been mentioned. You (the developers) said you are worried doing a Geonosis TB at the same time as a TW would be too time consuming for players. You also say Geonosis TB WILL be very difficult. Ok. Then run the Hoth TB at the same time as a TW instead. Since the Hoth TBs are pretty much click auto a couple times it won't be too time consuming for people to run that with a TW. Most guilds will have a different officer running each.

There fixed the problem. Now the only excuse is that you don't want us getting double rewards.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'll repeat my original suggestion in a less silly way:

If you don't want us getting too many rewards, just award GET II and GET II only From the Geo TB. Then we could play both.

I'll admit Ive been asked to leave my guild before to move up into a "better" one of higher GP. Ive always said no because I like my guild even though we are kind of slow. But this decision actually made me think about it. I still probably won't move because I'm stubborn and stupid, but there are many people that will jump and it will core out mid-tier guilds.

Sith raid was really hard for us but we could at least experience it through lower tiers. This would be different and is a hard-stop.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    There have been tons of complaints in the past about the game becoming too much of a time sink. For people who are bored and want to play the game all day long, of course there is nothing to do. And people who post on the forums are much more likely to fall into that category. But there are, in fact, a lot of other people who don't want to spend more time in the game and feel like too many required events turn it into a second job. There are people currently in my guild who have expressed this sentiment. So while I would certainly prefer to be able to play both TBs, I do not think the devs are lying when they say that required play time is a serious concern that they have to take into consideration for every move and that this is a major consideration in the decision to make TB one or the other.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    There have been tons of complaints in the past about the game becoming too much of a time sink. For people who are bored and want to play the game all day long, of course there is nothing to do. And people who post on the forums are much more likely to fall into that category. But there are, in fact, a lot of other people who don't want to spend more time in the game and feel like too many required events turn it into a second job. There are people currently in my guild who have expressed this sentiment. So while I would certainly prefer to be able to play both TBs, I do not think the devs are lying when they say that required play time is a serious concern that they have to take into consideration for every move and that this is a major consideration in the decision to make TB one or the other.

I understand this sentiment but that player can choose not to play more if they dont want to. Here, there is no choice.

This just reminds me of the explanation for the Finn rework. I wish they would just say why they are actually doing it and give a straight justification. Even if we disagreed it would be easier to swallow.

IMHO.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

I agree - but the first 4 phases of Hoth each take 5-6 minutes at the level of guild that will be attempting the GeoTB. If they (actually) did run them "concurrently", most players/guilds would have no major time-related issues.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1707 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well that is about a big of a crock of excrement that you can get. Promised new content but now you have to sacrifice old to participate. So the whole reason they gave for rolo and ipd shard reduction was a total sham. Not too often I get ticked off at this game but this one has done it.
    I'd rather have more Geo TB than Hoth TB

Hoth TB is boring at higher GP and knowing that Geo TB has better rewards and new GET Mk II, it would be awful waiting once a month to play Geo TB

The expectation is that if done right, Geo TB should be so good that you don't even want to go back to Hoth TB

You can always choose to play old content so its not a total loss

Then we should be able to choose one or both, not one or the other.

If you’re in a higher gp guild and find HTB boring, then focus down the GTB. My guild would definitely benefit from running both instead of choosing one or the other.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Oh look, one step forward and 5 steps back...way to keep up the pace CG!
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with differing opinions, but I’m honestly surprised at the reactions. A lot of people have been calling for TBs to be simmable because they are a waste of time. Now they essentially replace Hoth and the majority of people are outraged because they aren’t ready to move on. Is this just an example of how the people upset are the ones that make themselves heard?
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    Options
    I'm mainly bothered by this because my guild is 47/48 in DSTB and I'd really like to finish and get that achievement before we are forced into choosing Geonosis for the foreseeable future if we want to stay competitive.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nothing wrong with differing opinions, but I’m honestly surprised at the reactions. A lot of people have been calling for TBs to be simmable because they are a waste of time. Now they essentially replace Hoth and the majority of people are outraged because they aren’t ready to move on. Is this just an example of how the people upset are the ones that make themselves heard?
    i wonder if people are upset on missing out on Hoth TB because they enjoy playing it or only because of rewards
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    i wonder if people are upset on missing out on Hoth TB because they enjoy playing it or only because of rewards
    I think it is mainly reward problems, but not because it might be less, but because ppl will have to choose between 2 things that each give unique different rewards. I am pretty sure that if Geo would give all rewards you can get from Hoth and more that the backslash would not be so bad.
  • Options
    Darth malak farming is gonna suck moving forward
  • Aggaire
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Personally I enjoy the PvE play, and the time I get to play the game. This gives me nothing (under 80mil guild) and even those over 80 get less PvE play time with Geo.