TB: both or choose

Replies

• Options
    Absolutely a terrible decision, and it has nothing to do with rewards. If the reward structure requires this decision, I wish they would scale back the rewards of the new TB (maybe limit it to just the new currencies + gear) and leave Hoth TB alone.

It makes Hoth completely obsolete for any guild over 80M. Why would any guild choose content that gives old rewards over one that gives new rewards? It would be foolish. But at the same time, how many guilds (like my 155M guild) are still working at improving towards 45/48 stars in Hoth TB? We've got officers who bust their butts to help us keep progressing from our current star levels of 42/45. While I don't enjoy everything about TB, I certainly do care about helping my guild conquer it. But that is now over. Nobody will ever get 45/48 stars in Hoth ever again. Hoth TB is now just a torture chamber for guilds under 80M GP—who probably struggle to get 30 stars anyway—until they can enter the new torture chamber of Geonosis. No incentive to improve squads. No incentive to work together as a guild to accomplish something worth celebrating together.

For guilds that can achieve 45/48 stars already, leaving this content in the game shouldn't be a big deal. They won't need to devote as much coordinating effort to it, because their ever-swelling GP will take care of the stars on its own. But for EVERY guild that isn't there, this is a kick in the nuts.
  • Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    I would love a clear and concise Dev response on how this is a good thing for us? Do you think we would spend too much time in the game if we could participate be in both at the same time? Having 2 active TBs or TB/TW does not sound hard at all, it sounds like some fun content that could actually fill all of the down time due to lack of pve content. We want more content, not replacement content.

I agree, especially with Hoth being so old. Most of the days, its hit auto. I bet they think it will upset the economy or some lame reason.
  • Options
    I can assure you it's just so we don't get double rewards for doing 2 TBs at the same time. But this could be fixed so easily...
    Let guilds run both and just significantly decrease the rewards from Hoth. Please give us the chance to get our titles/quests and IPD shards if we are still in need lf those without sacrificing new content.

Please rethink your decision!
  • Options
    I hate this idea. Why not do both?
  • Options
    I'll see how this pans out, but after 3 years with 2 accounts. I may just retire to a low guild or from the game after the next Malak drop. If they really wanted to slow the game and progress they's have alternating TB's instead of choosing. I comes down to what is perceived as "fair", this is like telling Grandma to choose between Social Security and Medicare, but you can't have both.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

This discussion makes me think there is a reason other than the one stated: "this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game." I have no idea what that statement even means. It's vague and a deflection, not an explanation. It makes me think there is another reason. Something logistic maybe? Server issues? Characters being tagged for multiple TBs? I dunno, but I bet they do. I wish they would give a straight answer.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they are making it really difficult. They play the game themselves right? Do they personally (as players, not CG employees) feel that participating in two TBs or a TB/TW at the same time is too hard? Please enlighten me as to what playstyle revolves around: "I can play a TB, but two at once?! OMG THATS TOO MUCH!!!!"

Why don't they just run TBs back to back and overlap the 2 useless days of Preview/Review with a TW or something?

This is in no way, shape or form a good thing for the player base. Have they thought about the impact this may have on guilds/alliances/guild recruitment? Are guilds going to be torn apart and rebuilt to separate Hoth TB guilds from the Geonosis TB guilds like people do with HSTR? Being able to only run one of them just creates more problems where there were none, and has literally improved nothing.

I was really, really excited for the new TB and now I'm not at all. My guild still has progress to make in Hoth, which means that we have to choose between the two.

So our choices are as follows:
    1) Grind our Hoth progress to a stop
    2) Wait to start Geonosis until we are done with Hoth (in which case I ask, why do we care at all about the new TB???)
    3) Alternate between the two, slowing our progress in both

This is a much larger scale issue of the decision made to cut Assault Battles from 2 days to 1. You are not adding content, you are replacing Content A with Content B.

Yeah, great plan CG. You just successfully slowed player progress, you did not help in any way, nor give any incentive to work towards Geonosis. You created a situation where the player base is now forced to choose between three bad options. You could still fix this you know? You could also just tell us the truth.

• Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    They never said you can play both at once, just that both will be running at once

Before criticizing others on how to use a word, lets learn to read first ok :smile:

Lol, well they said concurrently. Let me ask how many TBs will you be running?
    Well this isn't going anywhere so we can just agree to disagree

Ok, besides I already know the answer. You will be running 1, therefore not concurrent. You can insult by claiming I didnt read, but the truth is I know definitions. Except when I dont, and then I Google lol.

That being said, I am not surprised by the decision to only be able to run 1. I was a bit shocked when they said concurrently to begin with. I am grateful Crumb quickly cleared it up.

con·cur·rent
    /kənˈkərənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    adjective: concurrent
    existing, happening, or done at the same time.
    "there are three concurrent art fairs around the city"
    synonyms: simultaneous, coincident, coinciding, contemporaneous, synchronous; More
    parallel, side by side, coexisting, coexistent

Since the both exist in the game just cause both arnt going for the players when u pick they both are running just server side
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Through all of our planning this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game. We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.

@CG_TopHat Your own point explains why making them exclusive to each other makes no sense. If a guild has "mastered Hoth", then the first 4 phases don't take but a few minutes each day anyway. Especially not if they are the strength of guild you expect to get anything done in GeoTB. Hoth LSTB & GeoTB could launch on the same day, giving players plenty of time to focus on GeoTB, while easily taking care of business in the early phases of Hoth TB they've already "mastered" - no simming even required. CG doesn't have to do any extra work.

But instead you've made a decision that will divide guilds, lessen game content and reduce rewards? By "variety of different players and playstyles" then, do you simply mean those who don't actually want to play the game? Or those who like fewer rewards?

For all of the lip service CG gives to not wanting to prescribe play, you guys sure are doing a lot more of that lately.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    They will run simultaneously but the guild's officers will choose which one your guild will participate in. You can't do both Geo TB and Hoth TB at the same time.

Well then your team needs to understand the definition of concurrently.
    I don't think it was used incorrectly

Both TBs are going to be running at the same time (concurrently) but you can only choose one of the two. As in, the dates will overlap in the monthly calendar

Actually only 1 be running at any given moment, you will have the option to choose which one to run. There will be nothing concurrent for any player in the game. Therefore making it improper use of the word.
    Both TBs will be running at the same time, as in they have the same start dates

How would you phrase the fact Hoth TB and Geo TB both start at June 1st and we won't have a TW until June 8th. Both TBs are running concurrently server side, aka backend, and in the game. We will be limiting to play one doesn't mean the other isn't running for other guilds or other players

Please tell me how you would phrase this type of system in your own words using one word yourself (concurrently is synonymous with simultaneous)

So they will be concurrent, from a certain point of view.
  • Options
    Territory Bores are so bad that I am quite happy to be forced to choose just one.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Territory Bores are so bad that I am quite happy to be forced to choose just one.

I can see that, but personally I'd rather have bad content I can earn rewards from instead of no content ya know? There are a lot of events/modes I play purely for the rewards, but I need those rewards to advance the areas I actually want to play.
  • Options
    kurtisblow wrote: »
    In our almost 130M guild, we only have 7 members with a 7* Probe Droid. I’m sure we will want to do GeoTB, but that means that most of us won’t be able to get more IPD shards outside of Galactic Bounties? Any chance you’ll increase that event frequency or attempts?

This. I really hope CG adds another way to acquire IPD shards (and ROLO shards) to the game, otherwise a lot of people are never going to get those two characters to 7 stars. (Besides the bounties events, I know about those.)
    Slippyfist wrote: »

This discussion makes me think there is a reason other than the one stated: "this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game."

It's pretty obvious why they won't let us do both. They don't want us doubling up on rewards. They can't let us minnows swim alongside the whales, now can they?
  • Options
    I agree that the reasoning behind forcing a guild to choose Geo or DS TB is problematic. If a guild wants to invest the time in both, why should they be prevented from doing so? Some guilds, like my own, only really need to focus on phases 5 and 6 of DSTB to manage GP deployment (since required platoon units are now set in advance instead of randomized), and since Geo TB lasts four days only, there is no overlap with those two phases.
  • Options
    Not a good move by CG. 150m+ GP guild but some new recruits still need IPD and others the Wampa for Bounty Hunters. Yet others want new content and g12 finishers. This makes no sense on so many levels. I can certainly see guilds splitting apart
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    This has the potential to destroy middle tier guilds.

I'm talking guilds who are above 80 million GP and haven't managed to full clear the both TBs. For example my guild is about 114 million and we have a good mix of lower GP players and high GP players. People who like to help each other out and help each other get better in this game.

Here's the problem. Everyone playing this game wants to ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME. If an individual player in a guild can't contribute to a certain aspect of a guild cooperative game mode they will feel left out. So what you are forcing middle tier guilds to do is choose between Hoth where at middle tier everyone can participate and not feel left out or try to do the Geonosis TB (which it sounds like will be virtually impossible for lower level players to contribute in).

So you force guilds to choose between getting higher end gear for their higher level members or keeping their lower level members engaged in the game. This will leave guilds wide open to full Geonosis guilds trying to poach higher end players from mid tier guilds. Don't deny it it already happens because of HSTR. This will just create more poaching where a guild has to choose between doing content that everyone can play or keeping high end players moving up by playing the new shiny toy.

This decision will only hurt middle tier guilds, won't do anything to lower tier guilds who can't play it, and will just make higher end guilds happy and make the gap wider.
  • Options
    I say require full stars on both Hoths to open Geo TB!!
  • Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    This has the potential to destroy middle tier guilds.

I'm talking guilds who are above 80 million GP and haven't managed to full clear the both TBs. For example my guild is about 114 million and we have a good mix of lower GP players and high GP players. People who like to help each other out and help each other get better in this game.

Here's the problem. Everyone playing this game wants to ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME. If an individual player in a guild can't contribute to a certain aspect of a guild cooperative game mode they will feel left out. So what you are forcing middle tier guilds to do is choose between Hoth where at middle tier everyone can participate and not feel left out or try to do the Geonosis TB (which it sounds like will be virtually impossible for lower level players to contribute in).

So you force guilds to choose between getting higher end gear for their higher level members or keeping their lower level members engaged in the game. This will leave guilds wide open to full Geonosis guilds trying to poach higher end players from mid tier guilds. Don't deny it it already happens because of HSTR. This will just create more poaching where a guild has to choose between doing content that everyone can play or keeping high end players moving up by playing the new shiny toy.

This decision will only hurt middle tier guilds, won't do anything to lower tier guilds who can't play it, and will just make higher end guilds happy and make the gap wider.

I really think this is going to result in some guilds booting newer players, or splitting into Hoth/Geonosis TB Guilds like HSTR / STRVI guilds.
  • Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Couple things I wanted to hop in here and clarify.

1) Concurrently was my bad word choice. While concurrently means you will have access to both Hoth and Geonosis Territory Battles, you need to choose which one your Guild will participate in. I've been living with the "you must select a TB" thing for so long that I glossed over it in my head. My apologies, not my intention to be confusing.

2) I'm seeing a lot of questions about rewards. Generally they're along the lines of "Can I still receive GET from Geonosis?" CG_Cyanides recently wrote here that players would be able to get GET and GET MK II from Geonosis. So those players that are still pursuing Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and other goodies in the GET store can still make progress towards them WHILE also making progress on Geonosis goodies.

3) I'm also seeing a fair bit of consternation around how only one can be selected at a time. I'll offer that this decision didn't come lightly in the studio and that we considered a lot of different options. Through all of our planning this just made the most sense given the variety of different players and playstyles in the game. We want to give guilds who have mastered Hoth something to really challenge their strong rosters, while also giving other guilds incentives to work towards beating/building their rosters.

Per month:
    Hoth TB x 2 = 14 days.
    Geo TB x 2 = 8 days.
    4xTW (not including preview/signup day) = 8 days.

30 days worth of content each month but it's too difficult to work out a schedule?

The only month with any difficulty would be February, in which case you overlap P1 Hoth with TW attack phase as P1 Hoth takes what... 5 mins and no brain power?

1st-4th = Geo TB.
    4th-6th = TW
    7th-13th = Hoth TB
    13th-15th = TW2
    16th-19th = Geo TB2
    19th-21st = TW3
    22nd-28th = Hoth TB2
    28th-30th = TW4
    (31st is break where applicable)

The signup day for overlaps with the last day of TB as clicking 'enter' does not take any effort. If you wanted to add in a couple of days where nothing happens for guild swapping etc, just push back the Hoth TB to overlap with TW. Hoth TB is so easy for the first few phases that it shouldn't be an issue apart from very low GP guilds who may not qualify for Geo TB or TW anyway.
  • Options
    I'll add my voice of displeasure also, and hope the devs change course.
    We are just shy of completing full stars on Hoth.
    Now we have to choose to either 1)abandon that pursuit, or 2)miss out on new content and rewards.
    what a terrible choice to force on us.
    Not Fun. Not Cool.
    Please please please let us run them both.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    After getting a good nights sleep, calming down and thinking this over I came to the decision this is still the worst thing CG has ever done. I am rescinding ever nice thing I have ever said about this game until this travesty is rectified.
  • Options
    kel_katarn wrote: »
    I'll add my voice of displeasure also, and hope the devs change course.
    We are just shy of completing full stars on Hoth.
    Now we have to choose to either 1)abandon that pursuit, or 2)miss out on new content and rewards.
    what a terrible choice to force on us.
    Not Fun. Not Cool.
    Please please please let us run them both.

Either let us run them both or run them back to back. To be fair, does anyone feel like participating in a TB and TW at the same time sound too hard? I have seen some people that are ok with only playing in one, but I have not seen anyone agree with the point that it's too much.

If there is someone out there that feels this way could you tell us why? I would just like to see if there's a legitimate point to be made other than them restricting rewards.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Oh and I am going to concurrently spend less and complain more every day now
  • Options
    Well they obviously aren't allowing us to run both TBs because of the rewards not because of time consumption
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Oh and I am going to concurrently spend less and complain more every day now

So which one will you choose day to day? Concurrent = one or the other apparently lol
  • Holek83
    18 posts Member
    Options
    i would like to know what can we expect in few aspects
    1. if the guild is doing ~48* on Hoth DS how many stars it should get in Geo TB DS?
    2. If we choose the new TB will it offset all the rewards that we ware earning in Hoth (GET, gear, IPD) plus it will give the new stuff?
    If the rewards will not be set properly (to give what you normally earn from Hoth) and to get new stuff you will be forced to start new TB but reciev lower amounts of old staff, than the gap between gilds and players from the top of the speer and the rest will increes becouse some may need to resigne from the new content and work with the old one just to finish IPD or get enough GET to finish Wampa Hyoda DMalak.

the bast way by CG to dispel my doubts would be to show a table with rewards from earning 1-33 stars in new TB and show how difficulty of earning 1star in Geo TB is compared to 1 stars in HOTH?

I only hope that they have scale it right but until they give more details or new TB start and we will test it ourselves, there will be some thought that this is another way to limit earning of free content (gear/ shards)
  • Aggaire
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I was looking forward to spending more of my time playing a game that I really enjoy.

I really don’t like the idea that guilds cannot run both Hoth TB and Geo TB.

1. Advanced players now will spend less time playing. (Geo TB is fewer days.)
    2. Less advanced players get no new content. (Can’t access Geo TB unless in an 80+mil guild.)
    3. Guilds will get broken up (those that have diversity in skill level) - not just right now, but continuously - better players will be required to leave their guilds to go to Geonosian TB.
    4. If you try a more advanced raid and have to back out of it because you aren’t strong enough, you can try again next week. If you try Geo TB (skipping Hoth) and discover it’s too hard for you, you’re out an entire month of TB rewards.
    5. It’s not just that players want to get all the stars for Hoth, or IPD and ROLO shards, it’s also that you simply can’t have any players in your guild who haven’t gotten everything they want out of Hoth. No one who is a bit lower down can be helped by higher players, especially because those higher players (who got what they wanted out of Hoth) will have to jump ship (change guilds) to start getting any benefits from Geo, making it even harder for those left behind to finish Hoth.

I’ve been playing for years, never posted before. I’m extremely unhappy about this.
  • colter92
    21 posts Member
    Options
    This is just a terrible idea. Forcing guilds to choose which TB to run will only divide what is supposed to be a cohesive unit. Not everyone in a guild may have ROLO or IPD and Galactic Bounty events are spotty at best with their frequency. Some players are still trying to kill 50 Wampas.

Having to choose 1 TB or another would be similar to having to pick which raid we want run with our daily tickets. Raidfest is a fun night. When the stars align and all 3 raids are active on the same night its fun. I really don't its a time sink for players as much as an economy/server issue. If its an economy issue then tweak the rewards. If the servers can't handle the traffic/phase changes then that is another issue.

Ether way, limiting what we can play is bad for business. The MORE content we are engaged in, the MORE we will be playing SWGOH and not something else. Giving us new content at the expense of old content just seems like bad business.
  • masternikolaos
    101 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_TopHat :

Our guild will definitely be doing the Geonosis TB, yet my only reliable source of Wampa kills for the BH quest is Hoth DS TB. If every time there is a TB the choice is between Hoth or Geonosis (regardless of Hoth LS, or DS), we will always choose Geonosis, and it's going to take me a REALLY long time to get that quest completed (years possibly). Wampas aren't seen in the arena metas at the top and are rarely placed on defense in GA or TW. Can you explain:

1.) Will Geonosis be happening every Hoth TB, or just when LS or DS is up?
    2.) Where am I supposed to kill more Wampas?! (having shard mates be kind and switch up their mix shouldn't have to be the only way...).