Choosing between Geno and hoth is a terrible idea.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Ryejin wrote: »
    I'm sure no one will complain about spending an extra 10 to 15 min or so on doing both Geo & Hoth, rather than one or the other.

You'd be wrong, very wrong.
    Also factor in that if they decided to let us run both at the same time the rewards would be way less. They're not just going to add a TB and effectively double the rewards.
    However, you can reasonably assume that the rewards for the geo TB will be better than the hoth TB rewards.
    So it has never been a choice between double the work and double the rewards and only doing the new TB. Knowing that, i'm sure most would prefer to do just 1 TB for more rewards than hoth than having to do both for roughly equal the rewards as the new TB.

IF they leave the reward structure alone, I would do both. We would get rewards for Hoth TB and Geo TB.

yea, but realistically speaking that was never going to happen.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I think everyone is a little too focused on the "too much content" argument (which I agree would not make sense if that was the only reason they were forcing a choice). I think the real reason to make guilds make a choice is so that the high end guilds aren't double-dipping in rewards when lower end guilds don't have the ability to do so. By making it a choice, the high end guilds can choose to do the more "end game" TB whereas lower end guilds can still work on the entry level TB to build up to Geo. I agree that they should probably let guilds figure out that Geo is too hard for themselves versus having the GP minimum but I'm sure they see it as saving lower end guilds from missing TB rewards by choosing the high end Geo TB and not getting ANY rewards because they couldn't do it. They were gonna get flak either way so I'm ok with the route they went.
  • Options
    high end guild buy thier way, if anything this would help out the non p2p more which im guessing is why there dfdoing it, cant have none payers geting too much goodies.

I mean...yes. I assume you have a job and expect to get paid for it.

If they gave everything away easily to people that didn't give them money, there would be no game in the long run. This is an odd thing to get all bent out of shape over. If you wanted to rage about predatory practices, I think you look no further than Malak (maybe Padme, but Malak was a pretty clear revenue optimization event).

I read this as:
    • TBs take a long time.
    • You guys complain about how useless Hoth is now.
    • We'll give you a choice of one or the other.
    • Unless you're woefully unprepared for the new one, and we'll make the choice for you.

As a guild, you get to make the choice. If you still need GET (hello Malak!) then run Hoth. If you're ok on GET and you're pretty accomplished, try out the new one.

TB decimated guilds the last time around too (aggregating them more by GP), as did HSTR (aggregating them by specific roster compositions). This shall be no different, we will all survive.
  • Options
    I'm sure no one will complain about spending an extra 10 to 15 min or so on doing both Geo & Hoth, rather than one or the other.

Also factor in that if they decided to let us run both at the same time the rewards would be way less. They're not just going to add a TB and effectively double the rewards.
    However, you can reasonably assume that the rewards for the geo TB will be better than the hoth TB rewards.
    So it has never been a choice between double the work and double the rewards and only doing the new TB. Knowing that, i'm sure most would prefer to do just 1 TB for more rewards than hoth than having to do both for roughly equal the rewards as the new TB.

IF they leave the reward structure alone, I would do both. We would get rewards for Hoth TB and Geo TB.

yea, but realistically speaking that was never going to happen.

That would be like saying that when they introduced HAAT that they should nef HPIT. Same when they introduced HStr.And they didnt do it. They should give us 2 tbs and double the rewards. It is not like we didnt get shitton of new characters that need gear from GET store. I understand that they need to earn money but this is not a good way to make people spend
  • Options
    Sim Hoth haat rancor
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Man ppl really care about those ipd shards.
  • Options
    I think everyone is a little too focused on the "too much content" argument (which I agree would not make sense if that was the only reason they were forcing a choice). I think the real reason to make guilds make a choice is so that the high end guilds aren't double-dipping in rewards when lower end guilds don't have the ability to do so. By making it a choice, the high end guilds can choose to do the more "end game" TB whereas lower end guilds can still work on the entry level TB to build up to Geo. I agree that they should probably let guilds figure out that Geo is too hard for themselves versus having the GP minimum but I'm sure they see it as saving lower end guilds from missing TB rewards by choosing the high end Geo TB and not getting ANY rewards because they couldn't do it. They were gonna get flak either way so I'm ok with the route they went.

This is like saying when the Tank raid came out you would be ok with CG making guilds choose between that and the Pit raid so high end guilds wouldn’t be as you call it, “double dipping.”

You are quite off the mark.
  • Ryejin
    12 posts Member
    Options

I don't think I would. Why would the rewards be way less? Rewards aren't penalized for having extra raids, why should this be? Rewards for new raids are always better than the previous tier, and yet all guilds, still do Rancor and HAAT despite having HSTR on farm. Even before Rancor was simmable no one didn't not do it.

Your whole argument is flawed because you're just making up excuses for CG as to why it's bad, when prior to this, it's always been this way. Content was never taken away, and there's no reason to start now. At best things became simmable. So please this "white knight" **** needs to stop, it serves no one.

• Options
    there no excuse no matter how many fake accounts carrie makes to try and make look good, its a terrible idea. .

haha, the sad part is that i believe you actually believe that is what happening.

She give you a free pack for defending her again?
  • Ryejin
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I think everyone is a little too focused on the "too much content" argument (which I agree would not make sense if that was the only reason they were forcing a choice). I think the real reason to make guilds make a choice is so that the high end guilds aren't double-dipping in rewards when lower end guilds don't have the ability to do so.

So your argument is that high end guilds would gain more rewards over lower end guilds, which has been something that's been going on for the life span of this game, but is only now an issue? How exactly did you come to this conclusion? There's always going to be disparities between lower and higher end guilds in the rewards earned. Why do you think it's an issue now? There are people out there who still don't have CLS & JTR, and I don't think CG really cares. It's just the nature of the beast. If you want to catch up, you spend money, which is something CG would prefer anyways. This is just a dumb decision across the board, for so many reasons.
  • Options
    Running both wouldn't break the economy of the game. It may actually help the stun gun cruch if youcould get more Get to buy them and characters. They can alwaus monetize the new gear 12 finishers and new characters by making them hard to get.

We already get 3 or 4 times the guild currency as we did when only pit was running and it has hardly broken the store or even made it where you have enough ofthe gear from that store.

Ad the argument that it is too much content is also lame. A player could always choose to skip hoth or to do the min and only deploy if they don't want to play. But those that want to do both should be able to do so.
  • Options
    If players can spend all day bickering on the forum surely they have time to do all the content and then some. No need for them to make content selective. Would give players something to do besides trolling on here.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    everyone needs GET. at all times. anyone who defends this is stupid. its a dumb decision and they need to reverse it.

Are we allowed to disagree?

Remember what they've done when they doubled GA schedule, they cut the rewards. So since they won't simply add rewards on top of keeping hoth as is if they ran 2 of them seperately playable...I don't want to do 2X the work either (+all the new investment for Geonosis).

This is what expect to happen. There will be a GP figure players will determine after it's released, that figure is where it's more beneficial to play Geonosis instead of Hoth. Guilds above will play it, below will play Hoth simply since they get more stuff out of it. That figure will be quite a high number, nothing close to the entry barrier.

Personally I add +1 -no extra playing game- argument. If the game requires more time from me, that'll slide me towards quitting if not right away. And I'm a very competetive player.
  • Armatores
    248 posts Member
    Options
    Most funny that raid structure was always selectable. You must choose what tier you will participate. You cannot run all raid tiers at same time. Nobody complained about it. Now, suddenly everybody became enraged against tier system? What is new Geos TB? Its a higher tier of this game mode. If devs will call it Hoth tier II TB I guess nobody will complain, or what?

Looks like most people's who making such posts thinking only about their desires - we want everything and now, we don't want to think, analyze, make decisions. But devs decided that game will benefit for other types of players, so, just accept it.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Armatores wrote: »
    Most funny that raid structure was always selectable. You must choose what tier you will participate. You cannot run all raid tiers at same time. Nobody complained about it. Now, suddenly everybody became enraged against tier system? What is new Geos TB? Its a higher tier of this game mode. If devs will call it Hoth tier II TB I guess nobody will complain, or what?

Looks like most people's who making such posts thinking only about their desires - we want everything and now, we don't want to think, analyze, make decisions. But devs decided that game will benefit for other types of players, so, just accept it.

You said it yourself NEW GEO TB, yes new not extra hard heroic instead of heroic battle, noone would had made such a big deal if they added a heroic TB for each hoth battle for guilds to choose. If they told you, you have to decide between running Hrancor or HAAT, people would had lost their mind just like now.
    So no, no one is complaining for not being able to run all tiers of a single raid or TB in this case they are complaining for not being able to run 2 DIFFERENT TB not Heroic vs normal,
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    everyone needs GET. at all times. anyone who defends this is stupid. its a dumb decision and they need to reverse it.

Are we allowed to disagree?

Remember what they've done when they doubled GA schedule, they cut the rewards. So since they won't simply add rewards on top of keeping hoth as is if they ran 2 of them seperately playable...I don't want to do 2X the work either (+all the new investment for Geonosis).

This is what expect to happen. There will be a GP figure players will determine after it's released, that figure is where it's more beneficial to play Geonosis instead of Hoth. Guilds above will play it, below will play Hoth simply since they get more stuff out of it. That figure will be quite a high number, nothing close to the entry barrier.

Personally I add +1 -no extra playing game- argument. If the game requires more time from me, that'll slide me towards quitting if not right away. And I'm a very competetive player.

Guess u got plenty of time to be on the forums but not competitive enough to play the game for more then an hour lmao
  • Othorion
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Q
    high end guild buy thier way, if anything this would help out the non p2p more which im guessing is why there dfdoing it, cant have none payers geting too much goodies.

I mean...yes. I assume you have a job and expect to get paid for it.

If they gave everything away easily to people that didn't give them money, there would be no game in the long run. This is an odd thing to get all bent out of shape over. If you wanted to rage about predatory practices, I think you look no further than Malak (maybe Padme, but Malak was a pretty clear revenue optimization event).

I always have to smile about people defending the financial exploitation of us Star Wars Junkies called SWGOH. Remember good old PC games? Like Diablo 3? You paid once like 40 bucks, maybe another 40 for some Add ons, and you can play for years! Whenever you want! As long as you want! Against KI! Or against others! You alone decide! On a server! With new content coming along, mostly for free! And they still make Money with this concept! Think about this for a moment in comparison to paying hundreds of bucks for one single Char or his/her gear alone!
  • Armatores
    248 posts Member
    Options
    You said it yourself NEW GEO TB, yes new not extra hard heroic instead of heroic battle, noone would had made such a big deal if they added a heroic TB for each hoth battle for guilds to choose.

Yes, its new map, for old game mode. What's wrong with this statement for you? Think about it again - its just a new map. So, we have here one game mode, and two maps for it. Hoth map aimed for entry-mid level guilds. Geos map aimed for veterans. Doesn't it remind you raid structure, where first tiers aimed for beginners,
    and last tier for veterans?

All complains came from misunderstanding of this simple fact. New Geos map is just a new map. Second tier. That simple.
  • Hortus
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Hoth map aimed for entry-mid level guilds. Geos map aimed for veterans. Doesn't it remind you raid structure, where first tiers aimed for beginners,

All complains came from misunderstanding of this simple fact. New Geos map is just a new map. Second tier. That simple.

It's not true. "Entry-mid level" guild can't finish Hoth map, and can't get it's exclusive rewards in reasonable time (IPD and Leya shards, GET currency enough to 7* Hoda, Wampa and Malak). And I even don't mention g12 gear pieces from GET store. So, when developing guild will hit Geo map threshold, it will choose between two bad choices - abandon either exclusive Hoth rewards or exclusive Geo rewards. It will become even worse in guilds with big difference between players - some will need Hoth rewards and some will need Geo. Technically devs can move all exclusives to some other places but there is no word about it.

This decision (along with GP cap for Geo entrance) hits very hard on low GP guilds which are built around playing game with friends instead of pure efficiency. Currently looks like than devs just don't understand that they can't make successful game by targeting only needs of high-end player base.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    You said it yourself NEW GEO TB, yes new not extra hard heroic instead of heroic battle, noone would had made such a big deal if they added a heroic TB for each hoth battle for guilds to choose.

Yes, its new map, for old game mode. What's wrong with this statement for you? Think about it again - its just a new map. So, we have here one game mode, and two maps for it. Hoth map aimed for entry-mid level guilds. Geos map aimed for veterans. Doesn't it remind you raid structure, where first tiers aimed for beginners,

Yet the reward is different, it's not the same, you are going from getting rolo or the imp droid into getting geo characters, so it's still not the same. And yeah rolo isnt meta so is raid han, or gk unless u got revan for it then still it gets destroyed by Darth revan.
  • avihas
    255 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    Hoth map aimed for entry-mid level guilds. Geos map aimed for veterans. Doesn't it remind you raid structure, where first tiers aimed for beginners,

It's not true. "Entry-mid level" guild can't finish Hoth map, and can't get it's exclusive rewards in reasonable time (IPD and Leya shards, GET currency enough to 7* Hoda, Wampa and Malak). And I even don't mention g12 gear pieces from GET store. So, when developing guild will hit Geo map threshold, it will choose between two bad choices - abandon either exclusive Hoth rewards or exclusive Geo rewards. It will become even worse in guilds with big difference between players - some will need Hoth rewards and some will need Geo. Technically devs can move all exclusives to some other places but there is no word about it.

This decision (along with GP cap for Geo entrance) hits very hard on low GP guilds which are built around playing game with friends instead of pure efficiency. Currently looks like than devs just don't understand that they can't make successful game by targeting only needs of high-end player base.

The guild that can pass the GTB thresshold would get to choose what they want, just like in a raids when the guild gets to decide if its good enough for hstr or settle for lower tiers..
    It's a decision between dealing with lower difficulty for lower rewards and dealing with harder difficulty with better rewards.
    It's also a decision where to invest your time/energy similary for choosing between light side nodes and dark side ones.

For the guilds that can't pass this thresshold everything will be as before