Oh look, no zetas in today’s fleet ability mat double drops...

Replies

• Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    But CG_Carrie that is now misteriously EA_Carrie said they changed it from 0-2 to 1-2 because zero is frustrating, she said it recently in a podcast. No reason to not trust her, right?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    relax drama

You still have 6 sims of double drop zetas left

we are only missing out 20 days of Grand Arena, which is equal to 3 zetas if you come in first place

Ultra you’d defend CG for anything. If they set you on fire you’d thank them for keeping you warm.

Drop rates are **** and far too low. Double drops simply highlights that fact.
    I’ve been very critical of Capital Games when I think it’s warranted, zeta mat drops aren’t one of them

We’ve been doing these sims for over 2 years now and everyone should be aware that 0 drops today means 2 drops in the next two attempts or the two after

We’ve all made our complaints 2 years ago, we’ve all seen how common or uncommon it is to pull a zeta on these challenges for over 2 years. Acting woke suddenly doesn’t mean anything.

If you are going to criticize me, at least point out what I said wrong and why (still have 6 sims to get double zetas / only missed 3 zetas of Grand Arena). I never said drop rates aren’t too low so not sure why you bought that up

You are right though, If CG did set me on fire I would thank them. Not for keeping me warm but for burning my eyes so that I don’t have to read any more asinine comments like yours :wink:
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    li7bxik8dnms.jpg
  • Smarty
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Bunch of cry babies
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    But CG_Carrie that is now misteriously EA_Carrie said she wished they changed it from 0-2 to 1-2 (but couldn't confirm this change) because zero is frustrating, she said it recently in a podcast. No reason to not trust her forum users who haven't actually listened to the podcast, right?

there, I tried to make your post more accurate to what Carrie actually said.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

We’ve been doing these sims for over 2 years now and everyone should be aware that 0 drops today means 2 drops in the next two attempts or the two after

No it doesn't mean that at all. My most recent dry spell had me wondering how the odds could be this bad. nearly 3 and a half weeks not a single freaking zeta shard form challenges. Not 1. In that time I had a dry spell of omegas.

If you are saying it all evens out, odds wise, that too would be a false statement. As these are odds and are never set. It is entirely possible for one player to have bad rng like all the time. That is the "ODDS" part. Not guaranteed. Odds are never guaranteed. If they were, Vegas would be dust...

Secondly, I am not that up in arms about missing GA rewards. It's a new addition, and it's not like a challenge where stuff is just given free anyway. You have to earn them. So losing it for a month is not a big deal.

And over the week, the double drops have helped out in ways the GA rewards probably would never have. So I am not against their replacement. However, it does kinda irk me that you only get a slight benefit using accrued energy through the day unless you spend crystals. Where as GA you needn't have spent anything - but rather put in time for a reward.

I get the anger. Had I rung up 0 zeta shards for this I would have been more irked than normal. But then again, it would have just seemed normal to me I guess...
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra you’d defend CG for anything. If they set you on fire you’d thank them for keeping you warm.

Drop rates are **** and far too low. Double drops simply highlights that fact.
    Drop rates on shards are about one in three. Period. Drop rates on purple gear are about twenty percent. Drop rates on zetas from challenges are about 60% overall after counting double zeta drops twice, based on what data I can find right now, though I think there was a bigger set that suggested it was 40% rolled twice.

These drop rates are the same for everybody. It's a fair die. You're not competing against anybody with a higher drop rate than you. Everybody with a huge roster built up over years got there with those same drop rates. Sometimes, you'll get good rolls. Sometimes, you'll get bad rolls. But broad strokes, it all evens out in the end.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I too got 0x2 zetas, not much help...
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My main account(that really could use the zetas) got 1 out of the 2 tries. I’d like to add for the previous 3 weeks I got zero from the Thursday and Sunday challenges.

My alt account(that is sitting on 231 zetas), got 4 out of the 2 tries.

Don’t you just love the randomness of this game???
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    So what I'm hearing is that on the first of three double challenge drop days, your main account got a bonus zeta mat drop. Congratulations, you're doing pretty well.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Well they just announced that they are changing the zeta drop rate from 0-2 to 1.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    But CG_Carrie that is now misteriously EA_Carrie said they changed it from 0-2 to 1-2 because zero is frustrating, she said it recently in a podcast. No reason to not trust her, right?

No, she didn't. Stop spreading false information. She said that was something they were looking into doing. She didn't said it had been changed. You need to go back and listen to what was said. However, the dev post that was just made a few minutes ago says it will be going to 1 each time....no zero and no two options. So we'll soon be getting a flat total of 2 zeta mats per challenge day.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yep! Guaranteed Zetas!
  • Options
    Haven’t had any for 3 weeks. Was on a decent run for a week or two before that of 1-2 every challenge day. But completely dried up
  • TVF
    36607 posts Member
    Options
    Haven’t had any for 3 weeks. Was on a decent run for a week or two before that of 1-2 every challenge day. But completely dried up

Lucky for you they just announced it has been changed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    we change the zeta drops from the Ship Ability Materials Challenge rewards from 0-2 to a guaranteed 1 (IE removing the 0 or 2 option). We've heard you loud and clear that it feels bad to get 0 zetas as a reward. We're removing the 0 and 2 cases to ensure a better player experience

Yay !!! :)
  • Whatelse73
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Last weekend I had 3 zeta pieces drop each of the two days they could drop. During this double drop I got zero. So, normal drops I got 6 (most I've ever gotten in one weekend) and double drops provided none. (I did get 2 omegas, though. So I've got that goin' for me, which is nice?)
  • Options
    Whose idea was it to increase volatility of zeta drops? Did CG not think about their actions at all? Can they not handle their jobs?

Getting zero while you can get two is something,

getting zero while you can get four and seeing others got four is something else.

This was a terrible, terrible week. And I waited until Friday to say something, hoping they would fix it. I am a ****.
  • Options
    I just banked 6 zeta mats from the double drop fleet challenge today.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    Options
    so out of four possible ship ability mars attempts so far this week, zero have dropped

this and the rng fest in ships is getting really tiring, boring, frustrating

4x2x0=0 zetas offsets what i would have got in GA very nicely

on top of that, not punishing people who used the exploit to get extra zetas

the devs don’t actually play this game do they? like you guys really seem like you don’t have a passion to develop a game like this. it just seems that you got lucky with star wars licensing and are in it purely to make a buck.

according to carrie goosekus i’m supposed to have received 8 zetas so far this week. do you even know how this game works?

do you even know that qui gon jin’s lightsaber is way out of proportion on the title screen? look how long it is, i don’t think anyone in star wars has a lightsaber which is longer than they are tall.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Did you even read the post yesterday that they are changing this?
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    Options
    yeah i did but have they implemented it yet? no

they can change stuff that “goes against the spirit of the game” in a few hours but they can’t change this?

what, are they going to change it so i get 4 zetas on monday guaranteed? no they’re not so that post doesn’t carry any weight
  • TVF
    36607 posts Member
    Options
    Ok then don't sim any on Monday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Options
    same sit for me, 0x2 Zeta, I swear the drop rates go DOWN when they do the x2 events.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    vice wrote: »
    yeah i did but have they implemented it yet? no

they can change stuff that “goes against the spirit of the game” in a few hours but they can’t change this?

what, are they going to change it so i get 4 zetas on monday guaranteed? no they’re not so that post doesn’t carry any weight

Whether they have implemented it yet or not, your post is beyond ridiculous to attack them for not understanding their own game when they literally just announced they are going to fix the thing you are complaining about.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Never saw that coming.

Zero x2 = zero. Thanks guys, that really makes up for no GAs this month.

/s

RnG say it with me,

RANDOM ... NUMBER ... GENERATED

For example if something has a 20% drop rate. There is a 80% no drop rate.

:/
    why is the n lowercase?

Lol I
    TVF wrote: »
    Because it's actually RANDOM ... nUMBER ... GENERATED

Lol
  • Options
    Again 0 zeta 0 omega gg..
  • Options
    Four zeta challenges with double drops. Zero zetas. What a bunch of garbage.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    f6r0uwzujav2.jpg