Oh look, no zetas in today’s fleet ability mat double drops...

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm I think I'm lucky... 8 had 4 zeta mats
  • Options
    same. 2x0 = 0

But there are 2 more days of the double drops for ship challenges still so chill
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    @Kyno if you can make a 2 x 0 = 0 zeta megathread, for the 8,000 threads that are going to be hitting over the next day, I'll do my very best not to make a single post in it.

grge6wtgn5kq.jpg
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Well I got 6 zetas altogether which is nice.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    same. 2x0 = 0

But there are 2 more days of the double drops for ship challenges still so chill

2X0X6 = 0
    kieltrx wrote: »
    Well I got 6 zetas altogether which is nice.

That's it.... rub it in more.. sure that will make people chill lol

since people asking kyno to make a megathread maybe we could get a Brag post containment thread that would clean it up as well
  • Options
    a0k41c0w43dm.png
    vk75sv5dxlby.png
    How about 0 zetas and 0 omegas... surely I can complain a little right?
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Congratulations! The one millionth post of how unfair drops are. Let me grab my popcorn and get settled in. This will be a fun ride😁

They aren’t complaining about the typical bad drop rates. They are complaining that if they had a GA they had a better chance at getting better rewards from skill instead of that their normal “hard work” goes into a probability pool as opposed to getting what they could have gotten in GA.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I got 3 zetas on Sunday and 3 on Monday. I have a bad feeling about tomorrow...

Edit: got the same, doubled. 6zetas and 2 omegas. I gotta run to buy a lottery ticket...
    Post edited by kalidor on
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Pjfp
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Carrie never said it was resolved, she said it SHOULD be that way
  • Options
    Give everyone 6 Zeta mats during the month in an update as if everyone got first and leave the chance of getting more alone.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    According to Carrie on the Escape Pod...Cast - we don't get zeros on the zeta mats fleet challenge anymore... (~1:50:30 mark in the audio)

Oh cool now we are gonna get a bunch of threads complaining about yet something else she never said.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    According to Carrie on the Escape Pod...Cast - we don't get zeros on the zeta mats fleet challenge anymore... (~1:50:30 mark in the audio)

Oh cool now we are gonna get a bunch of threads complaining about yet something else she never said.
    Maybe she doesn't know 2x0 = 0?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    a0k41c0w43dm.png
    vk75sv5dxlby.png
    In your case, you may lament your poor fortune. But you had a fair roll, same as everyone else, and may not blame CG for the randomness, nor claim it is unfair. Everyone gets the same roll.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    a0k41c0w43dm.png
    vk75sv5dxlby.png
    In your case, you may lament your poor fortune. But you had a fair roll, same as everyone else, and may not blame CG for the randomness, nor claim it is unfair. Everyone gets the same roll.

I agree, I do agree with the premise though that grand arena make good of zeta rewards (unless you finish last and get none) is a bit different to “let’s see how the dice rolls” method
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

The actual quote (which does not say that we don't get zeros on the zeta mats fleet challenge anymore) for posterity:
    One of the things I was so frustrated about when I started was, I think it was ships had um a chance of getting a zeta was zero to two and it was like half the time it was zero and it was like that's a terrible feeling. I'm going to say that not for sure knowing one hundred precent if we got rid of all those but it's like let's just at least start ... I don't care if it's zero to two, just give everybody one. Don't do zero to two. Because zero feels like crap. Um, and so, for us it is about making sure things are clear and people feel good ...
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

The actual quote (which does not say that we don't get zeros on the zeta mats fleet challenge anymore) for posterity:
    One of the things I was so frustrated about when I started was, I think it was ships had um a chance of getting a zeta was zero to two and it was like half the time it was zero and it was like that's a terrible feeling. I'm going to say that not for sure knowing one hundred precent if we got rid of all those but it's like let's just at least start ... I don't care if it's zero to two, just give everybody one. Don't do zero to two. Because zero feels like crap. Um, and so, for us it is about making sure things are clear and people feel good ...

Read the quote again...
    I think it was ships **had um a chance** of getting a zeta was zero to two and it was like half the time it was zero and it was like that's a terrible feeling.

Had a chance - past tense. She goes on to say she isn't 100% sure it's was "fixed" but she absolutely said that we don't get zeros, that was in the past.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

Read the quote again...
    I think it was ships **had um a chance** of getting a zeta was zero to two and it was like half the time it was zero and it was like that's a terrible feeling.

Had a chance - past tense. She goes on to say she isn't 100% sure it's was "fixed" but she absolutely said that we don't get zeros, that was in the past.

bdcm1yy3ndxy.png
  • Options

Read the quote again...

bdcm1yy3ndxy.png

Yeah, sucks that English words have meaning.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    It's amazing any of them ever say a word.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

Read the quote again...

bdcm1yy3ndxy.png

They do. I don't think your grasping them though. She's clearly giving examples and not making concrete statements. There would have been an announcement and the forums would have rejoiced.

What she said, translated:
    When I started I noticed things like the ships ability challenge that gave zero to two zetas and half the time gave zero. Getting zero is a terrible feeling so we've been changing that. I don't know if we've changed 100% of those situations but we're working on it.

There past tense referred to when she started, not the drop rates on the challenge.
  • Syce
    24 posts Member
    Options
    I don't care either way as it's just a game. I just don't understand how so many come to the defense of a FOR PROFIT COMPANY known to sell their first born for extra profit and also have a PATENT ON TECHNOLOGY THAT MANIPULATES "RNG".

What has EA done for you that they have earned your trust? What incentive do they have to NOT exploit their player base and make more money? The blind support this game gets just baffles me.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Never saw that coming.

Zero x2 = zero. Thanks guys, that really makes up for no GAs this month.

/s

RnG say it with me,

RANDOM ... NUMBER ... GENERATED

For example if something has a 20% drop rate. There is a 80% no drop rate.

:/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously, we need at LEAST 4x0 to make it fair.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Syce wrote: »
    I don't care either way as it's just a game. I just don't understand how so many come to the defense of a FOR PROFIT COMPANY known to sell their first born for extra profit and also have a PATENT ON TECHNOLOGY THAT MANIPULATES "RNG".

What has EA done for you that they have earned your trust? What incentive do they have to NOT exploit their player base and make more money? The blind support this game gets just baffles me.

What does CG need to do to gain your trust? They've said they don't do this. You clearly don't believe them. Would you believe them if they published odds? If so, why? Would you believe them if they shared source code? If so, why?
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Read the quote again...

bdcm1yy3ndxy.png

They do. I don't think your grasping them though. She's clearly giving examples and not making concrete statements. There would have been an announcement and the forums would have rejoiced.

What she said, translated:
    When I started I noticed things like the ships ability challenge that gave zero to two zetas and half the time gave zero. Getting zero is a terrible feeling so we've been changing that. I don't know if we've changed 100% of those situations but we're working on it.

There past tense referred to when she started, not the drop rates on the challenge.

Look, you can white knight or argue semantics all you want. Giving CG the benefit of the doubt that the double drops were supposed to be an offset of the missing GA rewards, it was based on a false understanding of the drop rates. Carrie thought that every player would be getting at least 3 extra zeta mats by giving double rewards for ship challenges (first time we've got double drops here that I can recall) because she was under the mistaken impression that it didn't reward zeros anymore. I'm sure she is well aware that isn't true now, but when she green lit the double drops for ship challenges that was her understanding of the drop rates, and not the about 50% chance of zero drops (that it was, again past tense) she mentioned in that same quote. For the record, it's still about 50%, 48.28% chance of a zero based on my tracking of 377 challenges. So there is the still very high chance that many players will receive zero or one zeta mat with the double drops - which is not compensation for the missing GA rewards.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Just tried mine. Same results. Absolutely no zetas. Shafted as usual.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Never saw that coming.

Zero x2 = zero. Thanks guys, that really makes up for no GAs this month.

/s

RnG say it with me,

RANDOM ... NUMBER ... GENERATED

For example if something has a 20% drop rate. There is a 80% no drop rate.

:/
    why is the n lowercase?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Because it's actually RANDOM ... nUMBER ... GENERATED
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    But CG_Carrie said during her interview on the Escape Podcast that we should be getting "at least" 1 zeta. So, that's quite peculiar....