Submit your tips & tricks here!

Replies

• Options
    Title: Galactic War/Practice Mode

Game mode: Galactic War

Text: The very first Galactic War battle is usually extremely easy. I for one was looking early on for a practice mode, and this is as close to practice mode as the game offers. If you have different synergies you'd like to try test them here. Just remember if the toons are too low a level they will be wiped out and nothing was learned. However if you have some mid level toons you were wondering were synergistic, this is a good place to try. If you use a mix high lev low level be sure you dont lose your top toons and wreck your Galactic Day.
  • Options
    Title: healer & supporter battle
    Game mode: PvE fighting Opress
    Tip or Trick:
    Use stuns
    Good Team f.e. Phasma (L), Daka, Dooku, Ventress/CU Police, JC

Leader ability gives extra attacks
    Three chars with stun on basic attack
    JC for more heals than anybody else

Stun the support droids, kill them after Opress massive attack to get healed.
    Focus fire Savage Opress
    Can be done in auto-mode
  • Options
    Title: Gear Farm Management
    Game mode: LS/DS battles
    Tip or Trick: Choosing location to farm gears in accordance with approach 'the less energy it consumes, the better' is nice, but it is not the winner.
    If you farm any gear, check all possible locations and look at other gears these locations allow to farm. If there are locations that need 8 energy and you can farm there some other widely used gears, or gears that you don't have at all (obviously you might need them in future), or gears that you need to your other characters, I'd prefer this location to the one that consumes only 6 energy but can give only that one particular gear.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Title: Exterminate healing droid

Game Mode: Training Droids Challenge

Tip or Trick text: Either bring a hero who can apply heal immunity debuff (Sid/IG88/Kylo) to Boba Fett or destroy the right side healing support droid first before focusing on the boss.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Title: Exterminate both droids

Game Mode: AGI Gear Challenge

Tip or Trick text: Higher AGI gear challenges will have droids which will fire when Oppress brings your heroes to 1 health. Destroy both droids ASAP. JC with low heal CD will help heal all. Oppress takes extra damage if he has a debuff on him so bring a character who can stun (Daka, Dooku) or ability block (Poggle, HK47).
  • Options
    Title: Auto-Mode Specify Target
    Mode: Any
    Tip: If you're going through any battle and use the auto button, your heroes will start randomly attacking the enemies with no targeting preference. If you tap on a specific enemy you want them to attack, however, a ring will appear over them meaning that all your heroes will focus on that enemy. Likewise tapping them again will take the ring off, and your heroes will start randomly attacking again.
  • Options
    Title: Save your AoE's
    Tip: If you go up against any team with a char that can taunt (e.g., Poe/Chewie), save your AoE attacks until they use their taunt ability and use your single-target attacks beforehand. That way, you can get more hits off on other enemy chars instead of having to waste time on the taunter while your AoE attacks cool-down.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Title : Bronzium card pooling
    Mode : Data Card shop
    Tip: I can buy many cards and receive green mats only (I do not know why purple are not possible). The exception which works for me : collect all ally poins and wait to the moment when free pooling card will return the shard or character. Now is a time to pool 10-15 cards. I am always able to receive some shards in this moment (rarely char) , when no chance to do the same in other time.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tomek wrote: »
    Tip: I can buy many cards and receive green mats only (I do not know why purple are not possible). The exception which works for me : collect all ally poins and wait to the moment when free pooling card will return the shard or character. Now is a time to pool 10-15 cards. I am always able to receive some shards in this moment (rarely char) , when no chance to do the same in other time.
    I've read it once here and the man who suggested this was severely criticized. But I do it all the time and so far have got more than 15 full characters including 4* Daka, UrrRRRr (tuskan), Barriss, 3* HRScout, Stromtrooper, Talia 2* Magnaguard, Jedi Guardian, Ewok Elder, plenty of 1*. Some say that it's a superstition, but I don't care about that if it works for me.
    Occipital wrote: »
    Title: Save your AoE's
    Tip: If you go up against any team with a char that can taunt (e.g., Poe/Chewie), save your AoE attacks until they use their taunt ability and use your single-target attacks beforehand. That way, you can get more hits off on other enemy chars instead of having to waste time on the taunter while your AoE attacks cool-down.

Title: Save your AoE's 2
    Tip: Use your AoE to remove Advantage placed by Phasma. One needs 2 hits to remove advantage. Sid's or Vader's AoE make one hit for everyone at once and both make the second hit by the DoT effect on the beginning of that character's move, completely removing Advantage buff. So save your AoE in case you're fighting against Phasma.
    Post edited by Irrlicht on
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    Title: Datamined Stats

Game Mode: Meta (actual meta gaming, not the usual "Meta = Squad Arena or flavor of the month")

Tip: Ignore datamined stats, info and people arguing with these. Especially, when the game developers already stated, that a major update to combat mechanics and several heroes is coming. So you avoid bitter disappointment and a waste of resources.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »

Tip or Trick text: Higher AGI gear challenges will have droids which will fire when Oppress brings your heroes to 1 health. Destroy both droids ASAP. JC with low heal CD will help heal all. Oppress takes extra damage if he has a debuff on him so bring a character who can stun (Daka, Dooku) or ability block (Poggle, HK47).

Talia with Dot and Phasma with Speed down will also "Debuff" Oppress
  • Options
    Title: Compounding Health with High Damage

Mode: Ally Assisted

Tip: Using two leaders with sizeable heath bonuses like Barriss and Chewie allows you to keep those high damage toons like GS, FOTP, QGJ, and IG Sen from getting wasted quickly. Toss in Lum for additional healing makes for a formidable team with the added bonus of Chewie taking massive damage just to be healed to max quickly.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Title: Kill Old Ben last

Mode: All

Tip: Old Ben doesn't deal much damage, so save him till the end so when he dies he cannot give anyone buffs.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Title: Buff/Debuff Description

Game Mode: All

Tip or Trick Text: Long press the buffs/debuffs above a hero's head and a description of the effects will appear.

3PNL0Ck.png

This is something that was in the tutorial, but a lot of people forgot.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Title: Galactic War
    Game mode: Galactic War
    Text: I know everyone use A and B (sometimes C) team to beat enemy team. However, you can just change some of your characters to easily eliminate opposite team.
    I use core chars: Bariss, Lumi, JC, and FOTP and switch:
    Dooku - if I stand against jedi team. His stun make the day.
    Jawa - against droid team.
    Po/RG - againts high speed/dmg team.
    Daka - in case I desperately need to stun someone.
    Asajj - if you need remove buffs of Phasma or PL
  • robclarkson
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Irrlicht wrote: »
    I've read it once here and the man who suggested this was severely criticized. But I do it all the time and so far have got more than 15 full characters including 4* Daka, UrrRRRr (tuskan), Barriss, 3* HRScout, Stromtrooper, Talia 2* Magnaguard, Jedi Guardian, Ewok Elder, plenty of 1*. Some say that it's a superstition, but I don't care about that if it works for me.

Would either of you guys mind explaining this again? Are you saying to collect a bunch of ally points throughout the day in order to buy several Bronzium data cards all at once, at the same time as also collecting one of the daily free ones?

I'm interested in trying it out over the next couple days but I'm not sure if I understand what you mean when you say "wait to the moment when free pooling card will return the shard or character".

Sorry to be a pest. Thanks for the help,
    -Rob
  • Options
    Title: Nightsister going the distance (as of 3/15 update)
    Game Mode: Galactic War
    Team: Asajj Ventress (L), Old Daka, Talia, Nightsister(either bow or dagger), and Poe Dameron
    Tip Text: ok I'm sure many people try to find the perfect squad for Galactic War but I believe I have found the perfect squad to start with. Note it's a good starting squad because of the heal capabilities, mixed with the speed bonus of the leader, Daka's revive passive, and a fast taunt of Poe. Also use the retreat ability in GW anytime you lose one member, as each one is integral to the squad. When you lose members consistently in the same mach, this is where you sub in a different team to absorb the initial damage and try to take out at least one enemy before switching back to the main team. Note, the best results obviously will be 7*, max gear, max skills
    Strategy:
    Asajj Ventress: Her leader ability will make all the night sisters blindingly fast. She can also remove any turn one buff the opponent fires off, which is why she still is slow. Use that to your advantage.
    Poe: Speed is usually sacrificed for health which is why mitigating the damage to poe Is really important
    Talia: if you're in a pickle and you need to gain a health and/or turn boost fire off her ability. Her basic also allows her to heal herself fast just like her sisters.
    Daka: besides the obvious, she can hold on to her heal skill till absolutely needed.
    This team is great but you have to follow the philosophy of kill the softest ones first. Leave the last two enemies with high health or healers.
    With Talia, Daka, and poe You can control the speed of the match. Say for example, one of your teammates needs to reload up her skills, you can do soft attacks until all their skills are reset. Ideally, Once you deal the finishing blow, you can start the next match fresh with a full complement of skills to fire off.
    The goal of this group is to be able to bring the enemy to two members fast, and then do basic attacks to the enemy until late everyone's skills are reset. It takes some time to figure out the correct sequence, but once you do, you can clear the first 10 battles with relative ease.

• Options
    Title: Petit Suicide Squad
    Game Mode: Galactic War
    Tip: You can use less than 5 members in GW. When you try to do this, there appears a message that warns you about absence of some members in your team. A lot of players decide that it's an error message and therefore they fill up blank places in your squad in order to continue. Indeed, it's just a warning and if you press "battle" the second time, ignoring this message, GW Mode permits you to enter the battle with 4/3/2 even 1 hero.

Irrlicht wrote: »

Would either of you guys mind explaining this again?
    Every day you get 5 free Bronzium cards. Open them and don't use your ally points (AP), save AP instead. Keep doing so until you have got a shard from your free Bronzium. Once you got a shard (or a full character), use all your AP that you have collected.
    I decided to do this using my Lineage 2 experience (the way of enchanting armour and weapon there: can share if someone is interested, I just don't think that this topic is appropriate) and so far I'm the luckiest son of *** in opening Bronzium among all players I know.
  • Sejalx
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Today is my birthday.

Title: start saving energy
    Game mode: normal

The level 70 cap will raise to 80 in the next weeks. You can start saving energy by not using what you have and buying 2 shipments of energy for 50 gems each every day. The "energy cap" as of now is 1,999 normal energy and 999 cantina energy. However, if you buy an energy refill at 1,998 you will get the additional energy added to your pool. Additionally you can still collect the 135 free energy per day.
    I suggest only doing this if you have a fully geared squad already and are in no rush to get more gear for someone else. Still should spend your cantina energy farming shards and make sure to do all 5 arena battles every day. Those gems from the rewards fund my energy stockpile.
    Enjoy.
  • Options
    Title: 1 Hit Free Pass
    Game Mode: All (that allow Yoda)
    Tip or Trick text: If possible, always save your Battle Meditation until after your opponent has expended their AoE attacks and Yoda has Foresight. This way you can spread Foresight to your entire party and they get a "Free Pass" pass from a single attack. :smile:

- HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Options
    Title: AI use of AoE attacks
    Game mode: Arena Mostly
    Tip or trick: Playing vs team with lot of AoE attacks (Sidious, IG88, Kylo, ObiWan) you can actually Force AI to do not use the AoE attacks. how ? taunts. if you have a taunter, those attackers will choose to focus him only, and not use their AoE attacks (this is great if you running squishy attacking team). HOWEVER(!!!), using 2 or more taunters (Poe+RG together taunt, for example) will force them to AoE ! (can be good if you have healer in team and tanky team)
    So check out who you playing against, and choose your team accordingly.
  • Options
    Title: Strategy when facing Dooku

Game mode: all

Tip: When Dooku attacks out of turn, he has a good chance of getting a big turn meter boost. If possible, wait to attack Dooku until his turn meter is nearly full. If he does get a turn meter boost from his counter-attack, it will be largely wasted since it's almost his turn anyway.
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »

Another helpful tip is to use a speed down effect to get the droids out of sync with Oppress.
  • Options
    Tip. You can sit here and read or you can play, you can try and duplicate someone's team till your blue in the face,but unless you know what gear or how they attacked its point less. Try looking at a characters speed. Ie the faster they are the faster they will attack, the more attacks the more likely to win in any arena. Again attacks can be anything. (Healing, buffing attacking single or group) key is speed simple physics. The rest will fall into place.
    Good luck!?!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Title: Great Leadership

Tip or Trick text: Choose your team's leader wisely. Analyze your roster, develop a plan to maximize synergies under a useful leader which will help you the most. For example if you want a speedy Jedi team choose QGJ, if you want more evasion choose Dooku, if you want more assisted attacks choose Phasma.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Galactic war Droid seed destruction.

When playing droids in galactic war you can set it up 90% of the time so that your team goes first and kills first. The players: HK, 88, 86, Geo, whoever.

Basically you're looking to fire off Geo's speical and call 86 to assist. He'll crit allowing you to take his turn next. Use his assist special and have 88 assist. You'll be able to take his turn next. Because asists are random you will need to retreat once or twice and swap people around to line up your assist seeds. The exception to this is if someone calls HK lead. That's good because it'll allow him to toss his bomb before 88's then allowing his aoe to decimate. Wash rinse and repeat.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    If you value your tips, keep them to yourself or share on a different forum. There's a high chance that anything posted here will just be rendered useless in future updates.
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Options
    Title: Accont connected to only one device
    Tip or Trick text: If you install this game on device owned by your child in guest mode never declare child's true age of your minor. If you do this , you will never see login to google in game's setting menu and if only you will find a joy in play , you will never be able to move this game to your own device!!! Your child will be frustrating and hate you when you will borrow her/his device for play.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say. I think you may have some typos & words turned around or something. You can easily clear it up with an edit. Thanks.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Title: Crystals are money... and XP!

Game Mode: LS/DS Battles, Cantina Battles

Tip or Trick text: Buying energy refills, you can fight more LS/DS/Cantina battles, that brings you more XP. Right now spending all crystals in energy is even more wise move than before, since it gives you more stuff for the same price (in addition to shards/gears you get XP). What should be taken in consideration: cantina energy refills are twice more expensive than refills of ordinary energy while the value of both cantina and ordinary unit of energy is the same: 1 energy to 1 XP. So, if you want to get more EXP per day, give your preference to gear farming and ordinary energy refills right now.
  • ravened
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Don't buy cards! Use gems to get more energy and more cantina energy!