4.5m gp = 5.5m gp?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Click the big carbonite symbol, that’s where you see the division GP breakdown.

Boom. Thanks.

I hope my inability to figure out simple in-game functions has less of an impact than my 130 level 50, gear 5 toons.
  • Options
    I’m not going to overreact, but I certainly have some major concerns as we get this thing started. The huge GP gap at the top is one of them. The extra points for offensive accomplishments is another. We will see how it plays out though.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ok but obviously people in division 1, kyber league will probably all have around 5,5 m GP .

People in division 1 with 4,5 m GP will most likely not be able to get in kyber
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Ok but obviously people in division 1, kyber league will probably all have around 5,5 m GP .

Take the challenge

Yes, please try. You lose nothing by trying and you'd be surprised how many 5M players don't play the game well (weak or wrong mods, fluff toons padding GP, lack of coherent strategy).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

There's no reason to think new gp matchmaking doesn't have a gp related component to it. At this stage it's pure speculation that people will be all over the place within each division.
  • Options
    Sigh, everyone seems to be missing the point of the league system.

Over the course of the multiple GAs, the 6mil krackens with every character at G12+ will eventually all end up in the same (Kyber) bracket. This will leave more casual players with competitive matches against one another and an actual chance to finish first in the middle brackets.

Isn't having a chance to finish first in Carbonite or Bronzium more fun than finishing last every time under the old format?!

Unless you spend mad cash on this game or spend inordinate time micromanaging currencies and resources, stop worrying about Kyber and 5.5mil+ opponent. Odds are you'll never encounter either after the first iteration of this event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

No one is missing the point of the league system. You seem to be missing the point of this thread though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »

Take the challenge

Yes, please try. You lose nothing by trying and you'd be surprised how many 5M players don't play the game well (weak or wrong mods, fluff toons padding GP, lack of coherent strategy).

And if you need proof just check out Warrior's channel. :D
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Over the course of the multiple GAs, the 6mil krackens with every character at G12+ will eventually all end up in the same (Kyber) bracket. This will leave more casual players with competitive matches against one another and an actual chance to finish first in the middle brackets.

Isn't having a chance to finish first in Carbonite or Bronzium more fun than finishing last every time under the old format?!

Unless you spend mad cash on this game or spend inordinate time micromanaging currencies and resources, stop worrying about Kyber and 5.5mil+ opponent. Odds are you'll never encounter either after the first iteration of this event.

That's all nice and good as long as store items aren't locked behind Aurodium or even Kyber league. They aren't yet, but I am a bit worried for the future since the can of worms has already been opened...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That's all nice and good as long as store items aren't locked behind Aurodium or even Kyber league. They aren't yet, but I am a bit worried for the future since the can of worms has already been opened...

I think the reason why they locked certain things behind bronzium and chromium are to help incentivize people to play grand arena championships (ala be more competitive). There's a good chance that this exclusivity thing is only temporary. We shall see. :)

Either way I'm super pumped for the new store! I knew that the kyrotech pieces would be put in there for sure. I honestly don't think gearing up to XIII is going to be all that difficult.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

They won't be. There's actually a good chance that this exclusivity thing will only be temporary. I feel like they're doing this out of the gate to help incentivize people into playing the new mode just a little bit more.

I am super pumped for the new store regardless though! I assumed the kyrotech pieces would be placed there. It's just going to be interesting to see which "new" characters get thrown in there.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if you are locked into your division the moment you join the GAC or if division lock happens at the first GA player lock?
  • Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you are locked into your division the moment you join the GAC or if division lock happens at the first GA player lock?

At the moment you join the GAC. People have tried the whole removing mods thing since GAC launched and stayed in the same division.
  • Options
    Removing mods only counts for GA matchmaking. Once GAC starts, your division is defined and won’t change until a new GAC starts
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    So last GAC all parties were nearly the same in GP - in this one, we have a person upwards of 4.750m GP ( character of 2.88 ) and a low of 4.089m GP ( character GP of 2.505 ). Think yall f'ed up matchmaking this time. On the bright side, I have alot of really challenging accounts to face up against.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Seeing all the massive discrepancies in this GAC, I would love for everyone to come out of the woodworks and say yup, you CAN and WILL be matched up by people over 1m GP than you.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Docx wrote: »
    Seeing all the massive discrepancies in this GAC, I would love for everyone to come out of the woodworks and say yup, you CAN and WILL be matched up by people over 1m GP than you.

Yup, that's exactly how it is in this matchmaking logic. It's not based on GP, it doesn't care one bit if your GP differential is several millions.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    GP :: 5.5M vs 4.5M
    Toon GP :: 3.3M vs 2.7M
    Ship GP :: 2.2M vs 1.8M
    Squad rank :: 5 vs 12
    Fleet rank :: 54 vs 17
    Zetas :: 69 vs 57
    G11 :: 5 vs 31
    G12 :: 165 vs 77
    G12+1 :: 24 vs 11
    G12+2 :: 16 vs 13
    G12+3 :: 25 vs 27
    G12+4 :: 7 vs 8
    G12+5 :: 47 vs 7
    6 dot Mods :: 314 vs 59
    Speed+10 :: 515 vs 209
    Speed+15 :: 181 vs 52
    Speed+20 :: 36 vs 9
    Speed+25 :: 4 vs 1
    Off+100 :: 63 vs 25

This is the matchup between someone in my guild, and a person in his bracket, that poor guy at 4.5m GP is beyond screwed and is a punching bag for a bunch of people over 5m GP.

More importantly this illustrates 4.5m GP = 5.5m GP and everyone told me it wouldn't happen...... so again I ask, where are you now 3 pages of replies before me lol.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Docx wrote: »
    GP :: 5.5M vs 4.5M
    Toon GP :: 3.3M vs 2.7M
    Ship GP :: 2.2M vs 1.8M
    Squad rank :: 5 vs 12
    Fleet rank :: 54 vs 17
    Zetas :: 69 vs 57
    G11 :: 5 vs 31
    G12 :: 165 vs 77
    G12+1 :: 24 vs 11
    G12+2 :: 16 vs 13
    G12+3 :: 25 vs 27
    G12+4 :: 7 vs 8
    G12+5 :: 47 vs 7
    6 dot Mods :: 314 vs 59
    Speed+10 :: 515 vs 209
    Speed+15 :: 181 vs 52
    Speed+20 :: 36 vs 9
    Speed+25 :: 4 vs 1
    Off+100 :: 63 vs 25

This is the matchup between someone in my guild, and a person in his bracket, that poor guy at 4.5m GP is beyond screwed and is a punching bag for a bunch of people over 5m GP.

More importantly this illustrates 4.5m GP = 5.5m GP and everyone told me it wouldn't happen...... so again I ask, where are you now 3 pages of replies before me lol.

While I admit this looks rough for your guildmate, the numbers don't list one thing. Who the characters are. The 5.5m could have characters like CUP at G12+ (not saying that this is the case, just giving an unlikely, yet still possible, scenario). More likely, CG is still trying to fine-tune this game mode, and they don't have the matchmaking down just perfectly, but they still need the playerbase to use as testing to get data and all of the other fun things that happen behind the scenes. Since this is only a week long Exhibition, I wouldn't be too worried for the time being. Should these numbers happen in the first round in the first actual GAC (not the 5 week Exhibition), then maybe you would have a reason to be upset. But for now, just accept that matchmaking ism't perfect, and just try your best for now.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Options
    look on the bright side, no need to use zetas anymore, no need to chase the meta.

just get random chars to g9 or g11, the matchmaking will handle it 👍
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    mikk207 wrote: »
    look on the bright side, no need to use zetas anymore, no need to chase the meta.

That's not how it works
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That's not how it works

I guess you missed the sarcasm
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    my buddy is the 5.5m GP, but I still feel bad for that guy as he has no chance at all because it just isn't right.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options

That's not how it works

Honestly, at this point, even I am confused about who is being sarcastic and who isn't. @TVF is going to have a field day the next time he comes on the forums
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

That's not how it works

Maybe, I'm tired lol. My apologies.
  • TVF
    36686 posts Member
    Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »

That's not how it works

Honestly, at this point, even I am confused about who is being sarcastic and who isn't. @TVF is going to have a field day the next time he comes on the forums

Honestly it's always like this. Same day (Tuesday), different issue, but nothing changes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH