4.5m gp = 5.5m gp?

Prev13
Docx
94 posts Member
Can anyone explain why at 4,520,000 GP I would get matched up against 5.5mgp+?

Replies

• Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Sure, if you can explain how you're matched up against someone when the event hasn't even started yet and people are still being added to their divisions. Within each division, we'll be matched up against people with similar rosters....you won't potentially face everyone in the same division.
  • Options
    Gotta love the sass on this forum.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I will clarify, within the same exact division.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Because Division 1 is just 4.5M+. Also you should probably just wait a day for the actual match up to be shown before you complain.
    Post edited by Ruark_Icefire on
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Gotta love the sass on this forum.

It's generally accurately applied.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Issue resolved - dropped some mods and Im under 4.5m gp now.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Docx wrote: »

Let us know how long that works out for you.
  • Options

Doesn't seem like a very long term solution(unless you stop gearing people it won't work in a week or two). Perhaps you should have just waited and seen who your opponent actually was.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Perro wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why at 4,520,000 GP I would get matched up against 5.5mgp+?

Because you are in division 1 which is 4.5+

This is the short answer, buy the real answer is you have not been matched with a 5.5 yet.

Maybe take some time to review the GA overview and ask some questions if you dont understand the difference between GP divisions and Leagues.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206074/grand-arena-championships-gp-divisions#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205169/grand-arena-championships-overview

GP decisions are what dictate your rewards.

Leagues are what will be used to find your opponents, within the match making algorithm.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Nicely played. Now your reward bracket is lower. Well done sir!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Wonder if he will realize this before he locks himself into a lower reward bracket for the whole exhibition event.....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Wonder if he will realize this before he locks himself into a lower reward bracket for the whole exhibition event.....

Actually, when I looked at the reward brackets for this event, they look the same for each division - unless I'm reading something wrong.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

rewards seem to be the same for every division.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Lol - read the post directly above yours. ;)

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    division 1 and division 2 rewards look identical - and ya im fairly certain I will be just fine vs anyone sub 4.5m gp and would start to have difficulties vs 5-5.1m gp opponents.

I will concede I dont know the details on leagues vs divisions and will familiarize myself with it, but the fact remains I would be in the same pool with them.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Actually, when I looked at the reward brackets for this event, they look the same for each division - unless I'm reading something wrong.

Edit: Actually according to the Division announcement it looks like only the Feat Promotion rewards are tiered based on Division for now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Lol - read the post directly above yours. ;)

Hey, don't ninja me ;)
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    It's not messed up matchmaking to lure you into spending, it's surprise challenge!
  • Options
    Everything looks the same on all divisions, but you prolly can't see the differences. I saw a pic of someone from division 5 in another post that had different things than mine, but if I check division 5, it shows everything the same.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    still in division 1 after removing mods and at 4,486,822
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    division 1 and division 2 rewards look identical - and ya im fairly certain I will be just fine vs anyone sub 4.5m gp and would start to have difficulties vs 5-5.1m gp opponents.

I will concede I dont know the details on leagues vs divisions and will familiarize myself with it, but the fact remains I would be in the same pool with them.

becareful saying that. Just because they don't have high GP doesn't mean they don't have it where it counts. You forget some people dont waste time or resources on useless toons.

Agree, and my roster is very focused, I wouldn't mind facing someone at 4.9-5m gp but 5.25-5.5? Forget it....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

becareful saying that. Just because they don't have high GP doesn't mean they don't have it where it counts. You forget some people dont waste time or resources on useless toons.

Regardless, i think it's safe to assume that your thoughest potential opponent when you're 4.500.001 GP is a lot tougher than your thoughest potential oppenent when you're 4.999.999 GP.
    edit: atleast in the way it seems to be set up now.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    It's not messed up matchmaking to lure you into spending, it's surprise challenge!

I dislike when people ask me if every post I make is a troll post, or a shill post, or whatever.

With that out of the way, is every post you make a complaint about spending?
  • Options
    Your division was locked when you first logged in. So there was no point of removing mods after it lol.
  • Options
    I don't get why people are so confused about this. Division = GP bracket. That's it. It doesn't mean you might be matched up against anyone in your division....you'll be matched up with people with similar rosters within your division. The person with the worst roster in the division (i.e., GP bracket) isn't going to be facing the person in the division with the best roster.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get why people are so confused about this. Division = GP bracket. That's it. It doesn't mean you might be matched up against anyone in your division....you'll be matched up with people with similar rosters within your division. The person with the worst roster in the division (i.e., GP bracket) isn't going to be facing the person in the division with the best roster.

They stated that you can face players with significantly more GP, at which point the defslots will accomodate the lower GP player. While they also said that this will only happen to players who keep winning, it also indicates that it's easier to win with more GP.