4.5m gp = 5.5m gp?

Replies

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    The difference between top 10 kyber in division 2 and say 200+ in division 2 are staggering
  • Options
    I don't get why people are so confused about this. Division = GP bracket. That's it. It doesn't mean you might be matched up against anyone in your division....you'll be matched up with people with similar rosters within your division. The person with the worst roster in the division (i.e., GP bracket) isn't going to be facing the person in the division with the best roster.

As the championship moves on though are banners a part of the matchup criteria? What about leagues (but not banners within the league)?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Is there a posting of exact divisions? Looks like Division 2 starts at 3.9m gp?
  • Options
    Click the big carbonite symbol, that’s where you see the division GP breakdown.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, if you can explain how you're matched up against someone when the event hasn't even started yet and people are still being added to their divisions. Within each division, we'll be matched up against people with similar rosters....you won't potentially face everyone in the same division.

yeah but... eventuallly you would have to right ? by the 4th match if you kept winning... otherwise somehow somewhere the 4.5 mil guy would win his matches be #1 never fighting the guy with 1.5 mil more GP would culd kill him with a twick of his finger...

hmm... again this is all dumb conjecture until we see the real thing...

I'm actually VERY impressed so far..this looks awesome and I hated normal GA...I mean hated it but this looks AMAZING
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    So if I stay under 4.5m GP and stay in Division 2 and obtain kyber top 10 I will get amazing rewards. If I push myself above 4.5m GP and get say 100th place rewards in that kyber league I net only 66% of the rewards and O yes, the pool of players I have to fight from can go upwards of over a million more GP than where I am now. How in the world can this division have a gap of over 1m gp with no plans for the future of obtaining 6m GP?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The ability of people to complain about an event that hasn't even started yet still surprises me.

I guess I'm a slow learner. (nod to an old friend)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The ability of people to complain about an event that hasn't even started yet still surprises me.

The next step is for people to invent future events and complain about those.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

meh... by this forum standards I don't even see a complaint (a real one anyway about GAC) this thing is awesome so far
  • TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

meh... by this forum standards I don't even see a complaint (a real one anyway about GAC) this thing is awesome so far

But it hasn't started yet....
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Docx wrote: »
    So if I stay under 4.5m GP and stay in Division 2 and obtain kyber top 10 I will get amazing rewards. If I push myself above 4.5m GP and get say 100th place rewards in that kyber league I net only 66% of the rewards and O yes, the pool of players I have to fight from can go upwards of over a million more GP than where I am now. How in the world can this division have a gap of over 1m gp with no plans for the future of obtaining 6m GP?

My guess is people in 4.5+ get to set more teams....more teams to kill = more banners more banners would make it a lot easier to get to kyber IMO.

so you can stay in the under 4.5 and play perfect to get to kyber but guys in 4.5+ still have a better chance IMO due to fighting people with near rosters....

No one knows till we see it but I dont' think you have a vaild complaint yet.... (yet) just saying
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

That hasn't stopped the complaining about Geonosis TB.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    The issue for me isn't getting to kyber, its getting the top tier of kyber rewards. The difference between 4.49 GP top 10 rewards vs 4.5GP rewards and getting say 100th place there is ******* drastic, you will net 66% of the rewards and the competition you go against is ridiculous. Im fine with going up aganist 4.9m GP Im confident my roster will be top tier vs the vast majority of them, but I've seen the mod speeds and 6* counts of alot of the 5.5m GP guys and it decimates my own. Im nearing 300 6* mods and will get destroyed, its just a fact.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Nope not yet.

All I see right now is the Devs get a lot of flack (my flack is 99 % on ships and GA matchmaking) but so far I see Zero reason for any flack "so far"

Someone upstairs it looks like has put an amazing amount of thought, detail, planning into this. Even if I come in last place now with the leaderboards, divisions, ranks inside divisions.... it looks like a TON of fun and I'm excited.

Old GA was just "oh you got matched with someone you can't beat...who cares, come back in 2 days" Now it looks like every banner counts so even if your gonna get demolished you still have to try hard as heck to get every banner you can even if it's only a few...

There is a reason to play even in defeat (we never had that before).... I generally hate PVP'ish stuff and I hated GA but man I gotta give the DEV team 100% mad props for this...this by far is the best thing they have ever done in the game and thats again...even if I finish in bronzium every time "which should be impossible even if I lose every match as long as I try"

It could change with the real rollout but just from what I've seen so far this is the most thought out coolest thing this game has ever had it's like going from bronze age to "scotty engage warp engines" in a few weeks...

not talking about rewards either just straight game play design..... (people always gonna complain about reward structure) GAC looks amazing

Carrie or whoever thought up or designed this should get mad props
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    This is my comparison vs a really great 5.6m GP account - I will guarantee anyone under 4.5m I would be a top 0.5% player but above 4.5m GP I have no shot at getting top tier kyber league rewards in Division 1.

GP :: 4.5M vs 5.6M
    Toon GP :: 2.6M vs 3.4M
    Ship GP :: 1.9M vs 2.2M
    Squad rank :: 2 vs 1
    Fleet rank :: 2 vs 3
    Zetas :: 51 vs 89
    G11 :: 15 vs 11
    G12 :: 107 vs 157
    G12+1 :: 15 vs 4
    G12+2 :: 10 vs 1
    G12+3 :: 19 vs 36
    G12+4 :: 2 vs 21
    G12+5 :: 32 vs 83
    6 dot Mods :: 275 vs 693
    Speed+10 :: 335 vs 760
    Speed+15 :: 127 vs 466
    Speed+20 :: 24 vs 121
    Speed+25 :: 3 vs 9
    Off+100 :: 38 vs 117

Here is my comparision vs a youtube personality in a top tier guild and right at the 5m GP mark - as you can see even though he has 500k more GP than I do, it would still be a hell of a matchup and one I would be excited about.

Zetas :: 51 vs 74
    G11 :: 15 vs 27
    G12 :: 107 vs 117
    G12+1 :: 15 vs 19
    G12+2 :: 10 vs 10
    G12+3 :: 19 vs 37
    G12+4 :: 2 vs 9
    G12+5 :: 32 vs 21
    6 dot Mods :: 275 vs 120
    Speed+10 :: 335 vs 460
    Speed+15 :: 127 vs 151
    Speed+20 :: 24 vs 42
    Speed+25 :: 3 vs 1
    Off+100 :: 38 vs 63

4.5m GP rosters can not under any circumstance reasonably compete in the top tier bracket, and there is no reason why anyone in their right mind would ever bump up into the 4.5m GP division when they can farm the division 2 kyber league rewards much faster and more easily.

Here is another 5m account in a very good TW guild, this person was right under the 5m benchmark vs me.

Zetas :: 51 vs 67
    G11 :: 15 vs 34
    G12 :: 107 vs 95
    G12+1 :: 15 vs 27
    G12+2 :: 10 vs 19
    G12+3 :: 19 vs 17
    G12+4 :: 2 vs 4
    G12+5 :: 32 vs 14
    6 dot Mods :: 275 vs 72
    Speed+10 :: 335 vs 416
    Speed+15 :: 127 vs 116
    Speed+20 :: 24 vs 33
    Speed+25 :: 3 vs 4
    Off+100 :: 38 vs 85
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'm guessing its a numbers issue. The amount of people at that GP must be extremely small so they have to have a wide range to have a viable pool.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    It's not messed up matchmaking to lure you into spending, it's surprise challenge!

I dislike when people ask me if every post I make is a troll post, or a shill post, or whatever.

With that out of the way, is every post you make a complaint about spending?

Are you asking because you are a shill or a troll? A Trill perhaps?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So I guess this didnt get through:
    Kyno wrote: »
    Perro wrote: »
    Docx wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why at 4,520,000 GP I would get matched up against 5.5mgp+?

Because you are in division 1 which is 4.5+

This is the short answer, buy the real answer is you have not been matched with a 5.5 yet.

Maybe take some time to review the GA overview and ask some questions if you dont understand the difference between GP divisions and Leagues.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206074/grand-arena-championships-gp-divisions#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205169/grand-arena-championships-overview

GP decisions are what dictate your rewards.

Leagues are what will be used to find your opponents, within the match making algorithm.

Or this:
    I don't get why people are so confused about this. Division = GP bracket. That's it. It doesn't mean you might be matched up against anyone in your division....you'll be matched up with people with similar rosters within your division. The person with the worst roster in the division (i.e., GP bracket) isn't going to be facing the person in the division with the best roster.

• TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    So I guess this didnt get through:

Welcome, you must be new here!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Why do I think there are only like 7 people on the forums right now?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options
    Dunno, why?
  • Options
    It’s exhibition. Play your starters for 2 quarters and then play the bench. Pray no one gets hurt. And if you’re a jet fan like me know the end Is coming at the start. Sky is falling.

• TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options
    It’s exhibition. Play your starters for 2 quarters and then play the bench. Pray no one gets hurt. And if you’re a jet fan like me know the end Is coming at the start. Sky is falling.

So I'm going to assume Pao is Mark Sanchez in this scenario.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

I dont think so. Didnt Pao actually successfully lead his squad in the movie?
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

2 afc championship games with sanchize!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

I'm just bitter because he beat the Texans in his first game. ;)
  • TVF
    36692 posts Member
    Options

This. Basically he lead a successful charge. Then died from the Death Star attack.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Sure, if you can explain how you're matched up against someone when the event hasn't even started yet and people are still being added to their divisions. Within each division, we'll be matched up against people with similar rosters....you won't potentially face everyone in the same division.

That doesn't sound true, when winner face winner. I safe to assume that anyone in that league will face some whales

Whales will be in every division.
    The only difference is their size and lifetime.
    But they still hold a competitive advantage over the rest, no matter which division they are in.
    But the potential divergence between them and the average player is of course the biggest in Divion 1.
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    Still talking about skills when they released G12 P2W finishers ? 😂🤣😂