Looking into issue with Grand Arena Championship

Prev13456713
Hi all,

We’re aware of the issue where the Grand Arena appears to have progressed to the Review phase instead of the Attack phase and are investigating. Will update when we know more!

Erik

Replies

• Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hi all,

We’re aware of the issue where the Grand Arena appears to have progressed to the Review phase instead of the Attack phase and are investigating. Will update when we know more!

Erik

Thanks Erik
  • Options
    I’m just glad you guys are aware of the issue. I was freaked out when I logged in and saw that
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    If it’s the review phase, why didn’t anyone get any rewards?

Note, I’m not asking for the rewards. It just seems like there might be two problems.
  • Options
    It did not work. hlm0nb1s8b1v.png
  • Supay
    2 posts Member
    Options
    After more than two weeks of no Zetas during fleet challenges, not even during the double event, I expect nothing less than this stellar performance from the game.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I thought you had understood not the release new content over week-ends? 😜
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Hi all,

Erik

Thanks and good luck.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    If it’s the review phase, why didn’t anyone get any rewards?

Note, I’m not asking for the rewards. It just seems like there might be two problems.

Not sure why, but mine was at the review phase for only about 5 seconds. It now appears I can attack. My opponent already has attacked. Everything seems good in ours.
  • Options
    Mine just got fixed
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I'm feeling like this is gonna have to be a complete do over, reset all banners, try again in a few weeks. Either that or they push back Geo TB which would not go over well either.
  • Options
    @TVF agreed
  • Options
    Why did u jabronies roll out ur all new super great GA on a weekend? People are off and not full support staff available. Make me an offer and I might come help u out. On second thoughts can we just get a make good for all this missing GAs. Good luck and thanks. It's just a game dont fret 2 much
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    You know you complainers sound so childish. Why don't you get a job doing this and play your own game if this one bothers you that much. Childish.

I don't know, even I can't really defend this one.

Seems like having this run on the weekend might not have been the best idea.

TVF you surprise me... I'm lost not sure what to say. Hats off to you
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Options
    OldBoy wrote: »
    You know you complainers sound so childish. Why don't you get a job doing this and play your own game if this one bothers you that much. Childish.

Yeah, it's strange expecting a multi-million dollar business to get it right!

Seeing as it's run by a human, expect a bump or two. That's how I know who the kids are on here. Only a real grown up who has worked most their life would know things happen that you don't expect. Get over it, they are working on it.
  • Darc
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Seems to be working for meocco1zefm01h.png
  • Options
    I think Everybody should just get "first place" rewards for Round 1....assuming they fix it by Round 2.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My question if they can't fix it and have to cancel, this new currency is quite valuable. People able to attack can do feats and claim currency while others cannot. What's their plan for that?
  • Options
    44bfvtalnu5q.jpg

same issue here...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Darc wrote: »

No one likes a show off :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Alas, that's far from being the only problem:

1. We're facing opponents in different divisions. Seems like divisions are based on total GP whereas 5v5 GA matchmaking uses squad GP only. So some of our opponents can place one more (or in my case, one less) defense team. Those 90 banners are difficult to win back on offense, especially when the territory conquer bonus requires you to beat 2 squads whereas your opponent only has to take out 1 per territory.

2. Autodeploy doesn't seem to work according to the championship points counter. Unless autodeploy isn't meant to give any points, some of us would be facing an empty board and be unable to advance their championship score.

3. Even if autodeploy is implemented, the way it worked in previous GAs is that if people set a single defense squad manually, autodeploy wouldn't kick in. Which would cause the same championship score problem mentioned above. You need to change it so that all defense squads are always filled up even when players manually set partial defenses.

4. If you decide cancel this entire hot mess, those who got to attack have quite the headstart in league advancement. And if you reset the c.s. counter, some of us have spent crystals on the fleet battle feat for nothing. This is messed up every which way and makes me doubt that any serious testing and QA went into this.
  • Darc
    17 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Darc wrote: »

No one likes a show off :p

U say show off I'm gunna get creamed! Haha.

Just trying to help
  • Zacchius
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    In my case the opponent deployed 0 teams and there was no auto deploy. So I cannot complete quests......Rewards are really good and I would not like to not be able to collect them. And of course I cannot increase my arena score doing battles.
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    It’s fixed for me now
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    Options

Seeing as it's run by a human, expect a bump or two. That's how I know who the kids are on here. Only a real grown up who has worked most their life would know things happen that you don't expect. Get over it, they are working on it.

A real "grown-up" or decent business knows to not do major releases at the weekend when most of the team are not working, but hey, it's what we know and expect and accept from CG
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Everytime the same great idea to release bug on Friday and then go for Week end....

Very thx for the great work...

• Options
    Alas, that's far from being the only problem:

1. We're facing opponents in different divisions. Seems like divisions are based on total GP whereas 5v5 GA matchmaking uses squad GP only. So some of our opponents can place one more (or in my case, one less) defense team. Those 90 banners are difficult to win back on offense, especially when the territory conquer bonus requires you to beat 2 squads whereas your opponent only has to take out 1 per territory.

I can't comment on the auto-deploy stuff because mine is broken, but i just confirmed im division 5 and have several opponents in division 6 in my pool.
  • iliftalot1
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Rewards for everybody :)
    I Lift Alot
  • Options
    I get same as kampustan. Just an empty arena
  • Options

You see the actual adults are held accountable to what they do at work. When rolling out a new product on a weekend fails over and over, us actual adults are like "why is someone allowing this to happen continously?"

We all expect a bump or two. That's why most of us would have the common sense to test it first, and then roll it out early in the week so we were prepared to deal with the issues.