Looking into issue with Grand Arena Championship

Replies

• Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    NottaClone wrote: »
    Crazy how many things were screwed up on this beta-test... Oh wait I mean "exhibition" 😁
    But hey, I will take some free rewards for doing nothing! 😏 Just wish they would have made it more clear what this was really gonna be.
    You mean like when they said...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206819/exhibition-gac-rewards-and-beyond#latest
    CG_Erik wrote:
    As you are aware, we are running two Exhibition events to ensure the feature is working as intended and to allow players to practice with the feature before engaging in the full Championships.
    Testing is an explicit function of the exhibition.

Yes, I agree, and I was vaugly aware of the details from skimming through the main GAC post... But I feel like this wasn't made very clear "in-game" from what was in our INBOX prior to the event. Hence why I think there is sooooo much outrage over this glitchy mayhem. If you read through the comments, it appears that many were under the impression that this was the 'real thing' for a lack of better words. Not everyone follows every detail in the forums, or even goes to them at all for that matter.

BTW... My making fun of using the term "exhibition" for what was really a public beta-test, is something I stand by.
    The only way that term is relative is in that the scores weren't going to count towards our actual standings in the championship.
    Not that I can think of a word that is more accurate while still sounding aesthetically pleasing, but that doesn't mean I can't make fun of it.
    Jus'sayn' 😏
  • Options
    Since these issues seem to happen every time you release something new it might be a good idea to have a plan for some contingency rewards for when things go south.
  • Options
    @unleased you didn't get your 3 credits???
  • Alohomora
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Kyno
    Restore the Championship Score earned during attack phase to 0 and let the score earned before that to be as it is. This is the most fair decision imo.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Alohomora wrote: »
    Kyno
    Restore the Championship Score earned during attack and setup phase to 0 and let the score earned before that to be as it is. This is the most fair decision imo.
    Kyno's just a forum mod. Not an employee with any decision making authority at CG.

Regardless, scores reset between GAs. It doesn't carry over. There is no reason to ever suspect that it would.
    Still not a he.
  • AIWA
    43 posts Member
    Options
    At least I could have some fun and test my teams
    I am excited which way it will continue

njhyaw0itrv9.jpg

u9hdyvdbph0u.jpg

Gibst du jemandem die möglichkeit zu fliegen, dann musst du **** rechnen das er fliegt!
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Alohomora wrote: »
    Kyno
    Restore the Championship Score earned during attack and setup phase to 0 and let the score earned before that to be as it is. This is the most fair decision imo.
    Kyno's just a forum mod. Not an employee with any decision making authority at CG.

Regardless, scores reset between GAs. It doesn't carry over. There is no reason to ever suspect that it would.

I am just giving my suggestion. Kyno might transfer it to the concerned team. I am not indulging him any decision making. Apologies Kyno if I got it wrong.

Well these scores have been added to the lifetime of all the players.
  • Options
    Klissen003 wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    You know you complainers sound so childish. Why don't you get a job doing this and play your own game if this one bothers you that much. Childish.

Spoken like a true cat lover. I'll bet you have like 40,000 of them in your lap right now.

Hey, leave cats out of this!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I know CG is extremely bad at testing, but, guys, we ARE NOT your beta testers. You confuse something...
  • Options
    And we were meant to get the rewards?
  • Options
    ha2k03wlve14.png
  • Options
    This isn't about credits, rewards or even resetting. It's about business. CG doesn't understand this is a business and need to make great first impressions. We understand little bugs like matchmaking, but not working at all is not a bug it is outright neglect. They expect the Star Wars name to carry the customer base to stick with a quickly declining product
  • Options
    s09zggicpo60.png
    What is that? This is the reward?
  • Options
    The dev post says they’ll sort that out for us in the next few days.
  • Pjfp
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

We can read, one credit is still rediculous

"We’ll regroup with the full team on Monday and update you on the reward grant for this Championship Exhibition and schedule for the next. "

Is it that hard?

Yup, it's that hard for them to read, to understand, to comprehend.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    I am simply disapointed. Last month was boring af and now when i thought it's gonna be better with gac, gac don't work. Arena full of revans and padme-boring, no new events- boring. Making gear 13 but only for those from kyber division(yeah they will be the first to have g13 it's obvious)- boring. I don't want to delete this game from my life but there is nothing much left worthy of staying here.. for those weakminded: i don't want to leave but this is the point where i consider it. No fun here unfortunatelly..
  • Options
    Massena777 wrote: »
    I can't stand when almost every major feature in this game comes out with severe bugs that should have been caught by a robust testing process that clearly does not exist at CG.

This really.

Everybody makes mistakes...but those responsible at CG for delivering new content seem to make a lot of mistakes. Someone really does need to have a word with them.

But hey, we've been handsomely rewarded for the error eh! ;)

• Stokat
    833 posts Member
    Options
    I understand that stuff happens but this was very disappointing. After a month without Grand Arenas (which is the by far most enjoyable game mode) I was really looking forward to the GAC. After the pop-ups with messages “are you ready for Grand Arena Championships” the devs might have asked themselves if they were....
  • Options
    The dev post says they’ll sort that out for us in the next few days.

They also said we'd be getting rewards for not having GA for a month, then proceeded to not communicate at all what those rewards were.
  • Karlito
    58 posts Member
    Options
    1 credit reward(s) is the cancellation of the regular rewards one should have had. Then the compensation rewards will come up later, they are just still figuring out what exactly they will be. No big deal :)
  • Options
    QefTserCal wrote: »
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    cjgw09sxucua.jpeg

umm, maybe this should get looked at too

So funny, you masked out everything but your ally code.

Hey he tried at least... is it effort or results that matter? If you try hard to get lesser rewards did you still win?

This guy used to run TB for us but he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, that said I give him an "A" for effort it's 2019 everyone deserves a gold medal.
  • Options
    b12jg9udrdtc.png

These "rewards" are a mockery ... You are just ridiculing yourself by giving something like that
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Ya'll never played WoW before huh? Many of their expansions launched with various bugs.

If you think this is bad, look up the Corrupted Blood incident....
  • Options
    Please give us a copy double drop event of the one that just ran!! Please, please!
  • Options
    @CG_Erik
    A company should account for failure and have response and compensation ready for most failures.
    How long does it take to prepare a compensation chart?
    Servers down - x amount
    Event cancelend - y amount
    Is like CG is surprised to fail.
  • Stokat
    833 posts Member
    Options
    Pitr00 wrote: »
    b12jg9udrdtc.png

These "rewards" are a mockery ... You are just ridiculing yourself by giving something like that

They will give out proper rewards/compensation on Monday. This was just the minimum reward that gets distributed when they cancel the GA.

Personally I care less about the rewards but I really wanted to play the event.