Not enough content...
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Options
    LOL looks like never 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I believe when it was released, they said it was a super exclusive event and wouldn't be following the normal cadence. I would think a year would be too long, so probably more like 6 months.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    yaklan42 wrote: »
    G13 is making this wait even worse. I admit I haven't saved enough GET to 7* him but at least let me put him on my team. How long does the rest of the spear get the shaft?
    It's been three months to the day since the last Malak event.

The most analogous rule of thumb we have is the 3-4 months. Which is the window we just entered today. First Malak event was April 12th. Today is July 12th.

If the 3-4 month rule applies, August 12th is the back end of that window, and even then, "roughly" applies so that could have a couple weeks give. If that rule of thumb applies.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    If he isn’t back this weekend that’s a second TB that requires him that we won’t have a chance to get him.... but I’m inclined to agree he should be following the 3-4 month rule since everything else does
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    If he isn’t back this weekend that’s a second TB that requires him that we won’t have a chance to get him.... but I’m inclined to agree he should be following the 3-4 month rule since everything else does
    "Require" is a strong word. He's in platoons, but so are a lot of things, and you can still perform well without maxing platoons.

Given it's not happening this weekend, next time you can reasonably hope for the event to come is the first or second weekend of August.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Give me my Malak... GA already start so whales can be happy 1 more time :D
  • Options
    Give me my Malak... GA already start so whales can be happy 1 more time :D

anfecyvzae54.jpg
    Not too happy though 😎
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I’m kinda thinking that Malak might set a new precedent. I’m worried that he may be the first every 6 month toon.
  • Options
    I hope not
  • Options
    Bb3po wrote: »
    I’m kinda thinking that Malak might set a new precedent. I’m worried that he may be the first every 6 month toon.

Well his event is the only one of its kind so it should be a rare occurrence.
  • Options
    What I dont get is that when released carrie said she wanted it to be like traya, whales or the very tip of the spear first then gradually trickling down. However by the time he comes back itll be like the 2nd coming of cls or jkr where EVERYONE except the newest players will get him for free, which to me seems to be totally against their current buisness model. Tbh he may not even be worth the gear and effort by then since shards will be so flooded a person may wanna think on waiting for the next meta before shelling out so much precious resources.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What I dont get is that when released carrie said she wanted it to be like traya, whales or the very tip of the spear first then gradually trickling down. However by the time he comes back itll be like the 2nd coming of cls or jkr where EVERYONE except the newest players will get him for free, which to me seems to be totally against their current buisness model. Tbh he may not even be worth the gear and effort by then since shards will be so flooded a person may wanna think on waiting for the next meta before shelling out so much precious resources.

Couldn't agree more.

Besides, the more they make people wait for Malak, the more time players will have time to farm G13 without spending a dime. lol
    Post edited by CorpseMaker77 on
  • Options
    If they only knew the true power of the Dark Side...
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Rate? What rate?

The number of people who get Malak will be keyed off the number of people who meet the prerequisites.

Malak requires Darth Revan.

Gearing toons for the Malak event is faster than farming for the Darth Revan event.

The hard limiter on how many people get Malak is how many people got in on the second Darth Revan event. The difference between how many people would have gotten Malak if they released Malak 2 two weeks after Devan 2 versus if they release it eight weeks after Devan 2 is marginal.

Which is to say when Malak 2 comes around, standby for more than forty thousand more Malaks to hit the game.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Which is to say when Malak 2 comes around, standby for more than forty thousand more Malaks to hit the game.

elf57e3kddfm.gif
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options

elf57e3kddfm.gif
    Eh, that's not remotely everyone. A total of fifty some odd thousand Malaks is a lot, but for comparison there are a hundred forty thousand seven star Chewies in circulation with another forty thousand non-seven-star.

Malak will still have a measure of exclusivity for a hot minute.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Maybe they’ll drop him on some random couple of days during the middle of the week...
  • Options
    Maybe they’ll drop him on some random couple of days during the middle of the week...

Not a chance.

Mark you calendar... August only.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    In every thread it's always the same and yet we all comming here to see exactly the same "maybe" :D i'm totaly ready for him but the point where i was looking forward to him broke when i realized that this long time between first and second event will be enough for too many players.. this had to be superhard event/endgame content for veteran players but on this second run even newbies can have him. Exclusive toon for everybody is not exclusive. You should instead prepare for new era of mirrormatches..
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Strojař wrote: »
    You should instead prepare for new era of mirrormatches..

Mirror matches against Malak teams? I don't think it will be the case...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2OrZlM3r14
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    In every thread it's always the same and yet we all comming here to see exactly the same "maybe" :D i'm totaly ready for him but the point where i was looking forward to him broke when i realized that this long time between first and second event will be enough for too many players.. this had to be superhard event/endgame content for veteran players but on this second run even newbies can have him. Exclusive toon for everybody is not exclusive. You should instead prepare for new era of mirrormatches..
    The time between Malak events will have little impact on how many people get him. The gate is who got in on the second Devan event.

Gearing up for Malak is faster than farming for Devan. Regardless of when Malak comes, the significant majority of people who got Devan the second time will get Malak, and were probably ready within days of Devan 2.

No matter how long it takes for Malak to come back, the number of people who get him will not change significantly unless there's a second Devan event before then.
    Still not a he.
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    You should instead prepare for new era of mirrormatches..

Mirror matches against Malak teams? I don't think it will be the case...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2OrZlM3r14

Good point i forgot about those.. thumb up ;)
  • Options
    Malak Buff incoming...
  • Options
    Malak Buff incoming...

"General Grievous re-rework is not working as intended, and we have a nerf coming for him soon. "

:D
  • Strojař
    115 posts Member
    Options
    The time between Malak events will have little impact on how many people get him. The gate is who got in on the second Devan event.

Gearing up for Malak is faster than farming for Devan. Regardless of when Malak comes, the significant majority of people who got Devan the second time will get Malak, and were probably ready within days of Devan 2.

No matter how long it takes for Malak to come back, the number of people who get him will not change significantly unless there's a second Devan event before then.

MANY people unlocked dr revan second turn. If this time gap wasn't so long, not so many people (from those many who opened him 2..) would be able to open malak. Now with this long gap everyone had time to g12 and zetad o.r. -> more people will have him.. i realize that people who doesn't have darth revan now will not be able to open him. I should say "More of those who have drevan" srry language barrier :)
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    When the GAC ends, they cannonball a new meta in and they're done milking whales on that meta.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    When the GAC ends, they cannonball a new meta in and they're done milking whales on that meta.

Wait are you saying a company is trying to make money? I had no idea!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »

Wait are you saying a company is trying to make money? I had no idea!

Are you short on comebacks after all those hours with your cheeks glued to the chair and the diaper filling up?

This discussion has been closed.