When is Star Forge Showdown Returning?

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Strojař wrote: »
    MANY people unlocked dr revan second turn. If this time gap wasn't so long, not so many people (from those many who opened him 2..) would be able to open malak. Now with this long gap everyone had time to g12 and zetad o.r. -> more people will have him.. i realize that people who doesn't have darth revan now will not be able to open him. I should say "More of those who have drevan" srry language barrier :)
    My point is that gearing for Malak is faster than farming for Devan. Many had 9/10 toons ret 2 go for Malak before Devan even dropped as a result.

The extra time is a minor increase in the number of Malaks who will hit the table because the time between Devan 1 and Devan 2 was more than ample time to G12/zeta the applicable units.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    When the GAC ends, they cannonball a new meta in and they're done milking whales on that meta.

That is pretty much it.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    When the GAC ends, they cannonball a new meta in and they're done milking whales on that meta.

Wait are you saying a company is trying to make money? I had no idea!

Are you short on comebacks after all those hours with your cheeks glued to the chair and the diaper filling up?

Feel better now?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    While I wait for Malak I guess I’ll G13 the rest of the Sith...
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    If he isn’t back this weekend that’s a second TB that requires him that we won’t have a chance to get him.... but I’m inclined to agree he should be following the 3-4 month rule since everything else does
    "Require" is a strong word. He's in platoons, but so are a lot of things, and you can still perform well without maxing platoons.

Given it's not happening this weekend, next time you can reasonably hope for the event to come is the first or second weekend of August.

Require isn’t a strong word in TB, 6/6 a platoon can be the difference in total stars, they have a solid impact and 1-2 more stars would be a big difference for a lot of guilds in geo TB right now. My main gripe is that he’s required in a platoon, but no opportunity to get him is being provided
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Require isn’t a strong word in TB, 6/6 a platoon can be the difference in total stars, they have a solid impact and 1-2 more stars would be a big difference for a lot of guilds in geo TB right now. My main gripe is that he’s required in a platoon, but no opportunity to get him is being provided
    And one G1 L1 cup can be "the difference in total stars."

Getting another star or two is nice. It is not "required."

Do your best and you've successfully participated in the mode. Do better next time, and the time after that, and the time after that. You are not capped by the presence or absence of Malak. You have many, many vectors by which you can improve that do not require Malak.

The Malak event will come. Some people will get him. Some will not. Then the Malak event will come again. Some people will get him. Some people will not. Repeat until the end of the game.

You say no opportunity is being provided, but it's a cyclic event. You get the character by participating in the cycle. Your opportunity to get him is, "Prep for the event and wait for it to come back." Same as every other event character. So congratulations, you're being given your opportunity to get Malak right now.

CLS and Chewie and JTR help with the Sith raid, in GA, in TW. But missing out on those event characters doesn't mean you can't participate in those game modes. Do your best. Improve as you can. Get those characters next time.

While it is important to push for more stars in Geonosis, fact of the matter is the the rewards for Geonosis TB are fairly flat. Having a score that is one or two stars lower is not such a drop in rewards that it is a failure state. Malak is not required. Just desired.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Naw he’s required.
  • Options
    I’m glad you feel there’s “opportunity” yet somehow sitting with 1/6 platoons cause no Malak feels like there’s a requirement there.....
    this isn’t about some cycle, this about the release of a new game mode that the player base isn’t given ample opportunity to fully participate in because of some unknown cycle.
    Obviously there was a conscious decision made to require Malak for platoons, they simply could have chosen to leave him out of platoons or delay his addition if they weren’t going to provide the opportunity to acquire him.
  • Options
    Funny how all the people defending this **** decision, already have Malak 🤔
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I’m glad you feel there’s “opportunity” yet somehow sitting with 1/6 platoons cause no Malak feels like there’s a requirement there.....
    this isn’t about some cycle, this about the release of a new game mode that the player base isn’t given ample opportunity to fully participate in because of some unknown cycle.
    Obviously there was a conscious decision made to require Malak for platoons, they simply could have chosen to leave him out of platoons or delay his addition if they weren’t going to provide the opportunity to acquire him.
    I can't speak to your feelings, but the fact is platoons are a bonus and one among several vectors of points. The time it takes to get Droideka and especially B1 Battle Droid up to six and seven stars off of single hard node farms- toons who lock you out of participation in certain missions outright if you don't have them- will be more impactful overall than going one or two more TBs with fewer Malaks for platoons.

Yes, requiring Malak for platoons is a deliberate decision. It is not, as you seem to be implying, some conspiracy to give "whales" an edge. Even in your own worst case of 1-2 stars lost, that's one Negotiator shard, maybe. That's not a relevant edge, and completely ignores that they've already gone over why they made this deliberate decision here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207317/geonosian-territory-battle-platoons-dark-side#latest

It's to force a hard choice. And it's a long-term decision, not a short term one. It's not there to minorly inconvenience you for a couple TBs, to diversify the teams people rely on for the raid rather than having everyone build towards the exact same squads for this mode. It's the same reason Talzin and Bossk and Traya are in there.

Your arguments are so rooted in the moment as to completely miss the long view.
    Funny how all the people defending this **** decision, already have Malak 🤔
    And where are you getting your information? https://swgoh.gg/p/612682864/characters/?f=Sith+Empire
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Where are YOU getting your information from? This game is completely crafted for the Whales... If you don't know that, then that's just sad.
    I feel like pointing out anymore of your delusional response points, would just be mean, so I'll just say, best of luck 👍
  • Options
    Still w8ing... 0 info 0 news about anything in SW GOH :D
  • Options
    I'm betting this weekend after the JKR event. If it doesn't, I'll probably die of sadness.
  • twstdbydsn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    The third of Nevuary
  • Options
    I'm betting this weekend after the JKR event. If it doesn't, I'll probably die of sadness.

You won't die of sadness. Malak = August only.
  • Options
    I heard tomorrow from my super duper secret source inside BioWare. But it’ll only be open for a period of one hour! Arghhh....thanks Sony!
  • Options
    At no point did I imply some conspiracy, if you chose to infer that from my statements then you missed the point entirely. Platoons make a big difference in battle difficulty, and provide an advantage to an entire guild, what I’m saying is that progression is locked because of the lack of a toon.

I don’t complain about whales, and I have no expectation that every new toon should be f2p, whales maintain a revenue stream that is vital to the life of the game, while sometimes annoying in TW, GA or Arena they aren’t really that bothersome to me and aren’t of relevance to my point.

The short view is that my guild (and I’m sure others) is prevented from progression in TB because of one toon that there’s no opportunity to acquire. The long view is that the longer it takes to release, the more folks that quit because they are prevented from progressing, and progression is really what players want.

Farming the droids and separatists is a given, and has 0 relevance since they are available to acquire. Keep in mind, you don’t need gXII to platoon, just 7*, hence ability to acquire is all that matters and is the entire point I’ve been making.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    At no point did I imply some conspiracy, if you chose to infer that from my statements then you missed the point entirely. Platoons make a big difference in battle difficulty, and provide an advantage to an entire guild, what I’m saying is that progression is locked because of the lack of a toon.

I don’t complain about whales, and I have no expectation that every new toon should be f2p, whales maintain a revenue stream that is vital to the life of the game, while sometimes annoying in TW, GA or Arena they aren’t really that bothersome to me and aren’t of relevance to my point.

The short view is that my guild (and I’m sure others) is prevented from progression in TB because of one toon that there’s no opportunity to acquire. The long view is that the longer it takes to release, the more folks that quit because they are prevented from progressing, and progression is really what players want.

Farming the droids and separatists is a given, and has 0 relevance since they are available to acquire. Keep in mind, you don’t need gXII to platoon, just 7*, hence ability to acquire is all that matters and is the entire point I’ve been making.
    You are absolutely not locked from progression. In fact, you have many, many vectors of progression available to you and I sincerely doubt you've exhausted them all, meaning the road to progression is wide open.

There are many, many different obstacles on the road to progression which you must overcome. One of these obstacles- and one of the easiest as it asks you to do literally nothing- is waiting for Malak to come back.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    You are absolutely not locked from progression. In fact, you have many, many vectors of progression available to you and I sincerely doubt you've exhausted them all, meaning the road to progression is wide open.

There are many, many different obstacles on the road to progression which you must overcome. One of these obstacles- and one of the easiest as it asks you to do literally nothing- is waiting for Malak to come back.

Obviously we have no choice but to wait, and if you are in a group that has multiple Malak and do not experience the road block you may not perceive it the same. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s an unnecessary obstacle that punishes the have nots and chooses to compound it by delaying opportunity.
    It’s clear we will not reach agreement, so I shall leave it at we can agree to disagree on this subject.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Where are YOU getting your information from? This game is completely crafted for the Whales... If you don't know that, then that's just sad.
    I feel like pointing out anymore of your delusional response points, would just be mean, so I'll just say, best of luck 👍
    *facepalm*

It's not delusion. It's perspective and experience. Compare to other games of similar format, or this game years ago. Compare to games with hard cashlocked content and VIP systems based on lifetime spending to unlock basic features and income and ads to use features for nonpaying players and Tapjoy offer farming is necessary to reach a basic premium currency income to function as a nonpaying player and rapidly deepening amounts of gear and cred you have to sink into each individual unit to keep your toons at all relevant and the bloody red stars.

And before you start.

No, having to wait for an event to come back or a marquee character to go to a node is not a hard cash lock. That's a waiting period. Be a little patient and you can get any character you want, then push them as far as you want.

No, that one time they had a popup for the Fallen Order trailer is not putting adds in the game at a remotely comparable scale to the many games where you need to watch an add to open the equivalent of a bronzium, or to claim the daily reward. Galaxy of Heroes runs a single digit number of ads per year, usually a single popup or sequence of popups over the course of a couple months coinciding with a movie or game release. That is not on the scale of the many, many freemium mobile titles that require low double digit ads per day to fully access basic features at thirty seconds a pop for unrelated products.

No, the G13 finishers or higher difficulty of new content are not turning toons into deeper and deeper resource sinks. If two years ago you went hard on the narrow Thrawntroopers meta and maxed Krennic, Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, and Stormtrooper, then you set them aside until today and pulled them back out of mothball, they would be six gear pieces from max and still formidable and relevant units. If you tried that same thing in Disney Heroes Battle Mode, you'd pull them back out at half the level cap and gear cap because the resource treadmill just to keep a single arena team up to date without spending or doing Tapjoy offers, not even broadening your roster, and God help you if you want to swap out an arena unit or worse change out your arena team.

By comparison to other freemium mobile games, or even the past of this one (the dark days of aurodium packs or chromium exclusives), this game is very fair to the F2P.

I am free to play. I've been playing for a couple years now, with several months lost for a military deployment. Here's where I'm at.

* I finish in the top 1% of my arena shard most days. Some days top 2%.

* In fleet arena, I've barely left the leaderboard since a burst of being somewhat serious about fleet shortly before ships 2.0; that spurt where I was sometimes off the leaderboard was when the Falcon dropped and needed to do an active arena climb, until I got the 5* Falcon at the second event, and I haven't left the top 30 since. My Falcon is now 6*. Within the next two weeks I'll be ready for 7* Falcon when it returns.

* I don't think I've ever gotten third in a GA/GAC bracket, let alone lost. While I don't always win, I'm almost always first or second, even against obvious spender accounts. Like this round; my opponent hasn't gone yet, but I did very well against their defenses and odds of my victory are very good even though this opponent has an oddly shaped roster and did some ill-informed deployment decisions that show signs of significant spending.

* I'm at 3.5 million GP. There are precisely six units in the game I don't have. Padme, Malak, Uror, Wat, The Negotiator, and the Ebon Hawk. I am ready for the Padme and Malak events the moment they drop. I will have Uror unlocked just to say I did it within the week. The Ebon Hawk is on an ever-shortening cantina to do list. And nobody has Wat or The Negotiator.

* I'm one of the heavy hitters in a 145M guild that fares well in TW and is positioned to make good progress in Geonosis TB, where I consistently get top 10 in hSith with modest effort.

* I have a powerful and well developed roster and am a member of the fabulously exclusive and elite G13 zRose club.

In other words, I, a free to play, am doing very well through patience, resource management, and working with a good guild. Am I number one? No. Are there people out there who have more than I do, or do better than I do? Of course. There always are. But that does not take away from the fact that I am doing very well and am being treated fairly.

And I'm being treated the same as any F2P.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Aaaand still no info :D
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    The absence of info...is a certain type of information in and of itself.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Saying there was not an announcement on a Monday about an event that will most likely launch on a Friday when most second runs of events are announced one week in advance is silly.

Saying there was not an announcement during a week when the following week is already booked with a journey and a legendary is also silly. No, there is not an announcement, because there would not reasonably be an announcement at this time.

The next Friday that is not already booked is August 2nd. The soonest you can reasonably remark that there was no new info would be July 26th.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Thanks for the ping, but I'm not gonna read their essay... I was taught never to argue with a fool, or a drunk. I suggest you don't engage them further 😉 But thanks anyway 👍
  • Options
    Its pathetic this event hasnt come back already. Further proving how inept CG is.
  • Options
    Saying there was not an announcement on a Monday about an event that will most likely launch on a Friday when most second runs of events are announced one week in advance is silly.

Saying there was not an announcement during a week when the following week is already booked with a journey and a legendary is also silly. No, there is not an announcement, because there would not reasonably be an announcement at this time.

The next Friday that is not already booked is August 2nd. The soonest you can reasonably remark that there was no new info would be July 26th.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand still no info :-*
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    And it will probably stay that way for another nine days at least. Complaining about it won't help. And there really ain't anything to complain about. The announcement will come when it's time for it to come. The event will come when it's time for it to come.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    And it will probably stay that way for another nine days at least. Complaining about it won't help. And there really ain't anything to complain about. The announcement will come when it's time for it to come. The event will come when it's time for it to come.

And still no info :D
This discussion has been closed.