Fix GA Championship Match up

12345679Next

Replies

• Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    @SirCrankz Just in 10M guild gp gain I'm afraid I'll instantly become uncapable of doing anything :(. I had to use my dr/malak against all those cups and ugnaughts to get this score this time.

vedcyij666dm.png
    vtrhlmxa5vv6.png

Love it. I gotcha beat this time tho
    ingc9591wa8l.jpeg
    hwcleu582p1d.jpeg
  • Justokay
    94 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I get that it only pulls the top 60 or 80 for the match. But what that fails to consider is the far deeper roster the high GP player has over the low GP player to have a stable of counter teams, thereby providing far more flexibility in offensive attacking. Not to mention how much longer the high GP opponent has been playing. There’s advantage in that as well when it comes to collecting good speed mods over time to spread around 12-16 teams. My mods look very different than they did a year ago and my opponent has about a 8-12 months head start on me.

It just seems incongruous to see teams in my division moving up through the leagues that my roster could handle easily. Yet I can’t win a single GAC match anymore. It’d be one thing if they were struggling as much as me. It’s another thing altogether to see rosters where the best toon is CLS in first place globally in Div 4 because of matchmaking. I’ll keep trying but getting a lot harder for me to see the point.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Justokay wrote: »
    I get that it only pulls the top 60 or 80 for the match. But what that fails to consider is the far deeper roster the high GP player has over the low GP player to have a stable of counter teams, thereby providing far more flexibility in offensive attacking. Not to mention how much longer the high GP opponent has been playing. There’s advantage in that as well when it comes to collecting good speed mods over time to spread around 12-16 teams. My mods look very different than they did a year ago and my opponent has about a 8-12 months head start on me.

It just seems incongruous to see teams in my division moving up through the leagues that my roster could handle easily. Yet I can’t win a single GAC match anymore. It’d be one thing if they were struggling as much as me. It’s another thing altogether to see rosters where the best toon is CLS in first place globally in Div 4 because of matchmaking. I’ll keep trying but getting a lot harder for me to see the point.

A few of my guild-mates had similar complaints, but what it comes down to is your own top 80. If you didn't optimize who you geared, it may seem daunting to face others with all the standard teams. But I've faced players with double the amount of g12 and even full g13 teams and won, so I know it's possible. Just focus on the standard teams and push them up so they can counter and you'll still win.
    Also, allot of ppl have been overgearing toons in their top 80 as a kneejerk reaction to seeing opponents, when they should really be upgrading the things they're lacking instead. Upgrading your top 80 will only further increase the top 80gp and give harder matches.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    bygckqc93xs8.jpg
    That means nothing..... you cant kill a singlr DR or GG with your roster... you want be competetive in a high end guild. Not now, not ever...

Wow, you got 49 more attack points than me where we don't even know how of your teams you set on defense, 220 is nothing 269 is everything! Extremely convincing.
  • Options
    Your forum conduct is sad.

When we exchanged DMs the other day you started very politely and constructively, before resorting to being offensive and insulting.

Two tips for future success in debate / argument:

1) don’t get personal. Don’t call people noobs, or kids or the like or suggest that they couldn’t cope with your level. This means people will not take you seriously. If your argument about the new MM algorithm is strong, you should never have to resort to this sort of behaviour. Yet you seem to do it time and again.

2) if people disagree with you, that doesn’t make them trolls. Trolls are people who insult / bully others on the internet whilst remaining anonymous. Which is basically what you yourself are doing, as it happens.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello everyone, I went ahead and cleaned some of this thread. Please keep things friendly and constructive. No need to attack other players if you do not agree with their point of view. If things start getting out of line again, I'm going to have to close the thread.

~EA_Joz