Fix GA Championship Match up

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    the formula gp of #def times two would make sense only if those toons are locked to be used AND NO OTHERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED. And that the locked toons are the same.

Why should the toons be the same? Where's the fun if each GAC consisted of 12 rounds of mirror matches? That's pretty boring. Some players have META toons, others don't. Players with META toons should benefit of course.

I agree that players that have meta toons should have an advantage and they already do - in every other game mode (arena, TW, the new TB, raids, etc.)

SirCrankz requested, that the toons includedin the relevant GP would be the same - not only same GP. I disagree with that. Mirror-matches are boring. Players should benefit from having META toons in GAC as well. If they don't, where would the incentive to improve your roster be?

CG never promised that all matches would be 100% even. CG never promised, that key characters would be considered in match-making. Matches are more even now in general, than they were under the previous system.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    @SirCrankz
    rfnl6dnqcv42.png
    your roster is quite similar to mine so i think it's safe to assume you won most of your GA rounds in the previous matchmaking system on roster strenght alone. I know i did because i'm not particulary skilled at this game (besides roster building, which in my humble oppinion i do excel at), not in a top tier TW guild and not even amongst the top players of my non-top tier TW guild. I do however have a 44/3 win loss ratio in GA.

That is my second account fyi that i got only to protect my first mr. Dective.

This is my favorite answer of the week.
  • Zagrey
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Matches are more even now in general, than they were under the previous system.

My first opponent - 500k GM bigger. The only difference between us - he doesnt have Malak.
    Our top80 are equal. But , after that top 80 characters, My roster is Tier 8-9 and his Tier 11-12.

And its completely the same story for 5 out of 7 opponents
    So we end up at situation - i can either go full def and earn no points from feats or attack and hope opponent will make some stupid mistake.

Basically my only chance to win - with undersized squads all 8 battles ( i`m doing min 4-5 battles undersized )
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    @SirCrankz
    rfnl6dnqcv42.png
    your roster is quite similar to mine so i think it's safe to assume you won most of your GA rounds in the previous matchmaking system on roster strenght alone. I know i did because i'm not particulary skilled at this game (besides roster building, which in my humble oppinion i do excel at), not in a top tier TW guild and not even amongst the top players of my non-top tier TW guild. I do however have a 44/3 win loss ratio in GA.

This is my favorite answer of the week.

I have no idea what you imply by that. But i neither care to be honest.

Its real dedication to create a 4.4M GP account to hide your main account.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Zagrey wrote: »
    Matches are more even now in general, than they were under the previous system.

My first opponent - 500k GM bigger. The only difference between us - he doesnt have Malak.
    Our top80 are equal. But , after that top 80 characters, My roster is Tier 8-9 and his Tier 11-12.

Seems like a far more even match than some of the matches I have seen under the previous system.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @SirCrankz
    rfnl6dnqcv42.png

If i believe you (which i don't), i'd have to assume your first account is even "better", which means you definately won most of your matchups on roster strenght alone.
    Somehow it's always the ones who talk a big game that don't share their .gg profile. funny how that works isn't it? haha
    ps. googling sircrankz + swgoh isn't that hard.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I am not here for a pissimg contest with the one guy with that policr the forums and taunt everyone for 3 years. How my account looks like doesnt change the argument at all. And if the biggest forum trolls believes me or not couldnt be more irrelevant for me. It is of absolutely 0 value to me, what an opinion you have.
    What is important for me is somewhat fair competition for resources in a resource based game. That is why i am in this fourm right now writting.
    And in terms how good my account is or not: so lets test it: lets make a fair competition and see. And that is exactly my point.
    And also i cannot stress enough: my second account (thr one you googled) finished in front of my firdt account. Like 10k positions in front. The firdt is leaps and bounds in front but hat 0 chance to virtually compete for position with the second. And that it is exactly the point your cognitive capabilities struggle to process.

For someone who isn't here for a pissimg contest you do talk about others being inferior a lot ;)
    Regardless, i mainly posted your profile so others could see where you're comming from, to put all your talk into perspective.
    Just a quick fyi, if you often find yourself in a discussion with others who's "cognitive capabilities struggle to process" the point you're trying to make, you're probably not doing a good job of making that point. You seem like the kind of person that runs into that problem a lot, so maybe some introspection would help you out.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I'll personally handle the matter from now on. I'll elevate the matter to CG higher ups and let them know there's this one player who has 0 chance to virtually compete with his secondary account. Expect them to get back to you by the evening while drinking your cocktail in Barcelona.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Trying to be original but you compeltely missing the point... my second account is doing better than my first... uh... i give up... i cant close thr gap of 12 years of school missed in one forum topic...
    Anyhow. Cheers

Oh didn't notice you were trying to get your primary education here, I would have tried to be more helpful had I known.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Need some moding help please 😂🤣😅

That would need you to show us your account, but you're too shy for it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nope, you posted it trying to "shame me" into soemthing while i was pointing out that the system is not working. And the posted from you account as i already mentioned finished a lot higher than the my other one that i conaider superior, and others that are way better as well. Someting that should never happens in fair condition.. anyhow ... lying on rhe beach in Barcelona is way more plesent than feeding the forum troll. Cu

haha, i don't know any player who would be ashamed of that profile to be honest. Maybe the username, but other than that it's a really solid profile.
    The point was that you definately used to get super easy matchups most of the time with that account.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It's completely within possibility I can get matched with this supposedly secondary account. Doubt I will get crushed though, neither was it successful in the GA/previous algo period. Comparative stats goes to show that.

I guess by now everyone knows we will never get to see the super secret primary account who gets mismatches somehow while this lean secondary account gets easy matches. The secret one would wipe us all on auto I bet.

02x2pzjnzyw0.png
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    It's completely within possibility I can get matched with this supposedly secondary account. Doubt I will get crushed though, neither was it successful in the GA/previous algo period. Comparative stats goes to show that.

I guess by now everyone knows we will never get to see the super secret primary account who gets mismatches somehow while this lean secondary account gets easy matches. The secret one would wipe us all on auto I bet.

02x2pzjnzyw0.png

That's probably because you get only mismatches, just like you're picking off only the weak defense teams in TW, while you let your guildmates do the heavy lifting. Because that's how it works if you want to beat another guild in TW.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    the formula gp of #def times two would make sense only if those toons are locked to be used AND NO OTHERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED. And that the locked toons are the same.

Why should the toons be the same? Where's the fun if each GAC consisted of 12 rounds of mirror matches? That's pretty boring. Some players have META toons, others don't. Players with META toons should benefit of course.

I agree that players that have meta toons should have an advantage and they already do - in every other game mode (arena, TW, the new TB, raids, etc.)

SirCrankz requested, that the toons includedin the relevant GP would be the same - not only same GP. I disagree with that. Mirror-matches are boring. Players should benefit from having META toons in GAC as well. If they don't, where would the incentive to improve your roster be?

CG never promised that all matches would be 100% even. CG never promised, that key characters would be considered in match-making. Matches are more even now in general, than they were under the previous system.

I disagree. The matchups in GA were much more even in my brackets than any of the matchmaking in GAC. From my perspective, the matches will not result in the "close matches" that CG did state were the intent of GAC matchmaking.

Apparently you are one of the lucky ones who is getting even matchups. Judging by the forums, my shard, fleet and guild chat, even matchups are the exception - not the norm now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I disagree. The matchups in GA were much more even in my brackets than any of the matchmaking in GAC. From my perspective, the matches will not result in the "close matches" that CG did state were the intent of GAC matchmaking.

Apparently you are one of the lucky ones who is getting even matchups. Judging by the forums, my shard, fleet and guild chat, even matchups are the exception - not the norm now.

The whales come on here and defend bad decisions, that's what they do. They're trying to protect their investment. They're they death of this game.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @SirCrankz Just in 10M guild gp gain I'm afraid I'll instantly become uncapable of doing anything :(. I had to use my dr/malak against all those cups and ugnaughts to get this score this time.

vedcyij666dm.png
    vtrhlmxa5vv6.png

• Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    For me the matchups I have been having during the exhibition gac and now during the first “real” gac has been much more even than during the old GAs. In the old grand arenas I typically faced 1-2 really easy opponents. 1-2 extremely hard and the rest more or less even. So far un GAC all matchups have been even. Sure some have Malaks and others don’t but that will always be the case with new meta toons and it was the same before in GA with jkr and dr too. My personal experience is that all in all the match ups are better now.
  • Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yes, its on me! I worked on what was required to win? So you mean a tennis player should work on his swimming and diving skills instead of his service? Well it is on him. But forcing him to compete in a swimming competition is defenetly not on him. Basically i had to work on CUP and play like an **** without considering what i need in terms of increasing mu chances of winning?
    How are you doing in life btw? Do you have any essential skills, or you do what you just feel like and hope that someday this might be important so you can have enough money not to be dependent on your parents feeding you? Interesting...

Its statements like this that make no sense
    I have played a very long time, over that time teams required have changed a lot a very lot in fact once upon a time you needed set teams for the mod challenges including jawas ffs so because of things like this in the past I have a lot of toons that ONCE WERE NEEDED and now ARE NOTHING BUT A BALL AND CHAIN HOLDING ME BACK. I have no way to get rid of the now USELESS teams/units the GAME FORCED ME and NOT YOU TO GET.
    GP is nothing but laziness on CGs part and doesn't take into consideration fixed meta teams that are impossible to beat without the same team.
    It's a **** mode and 1 I've already found a way to destroy for anyone I am MISS matched with I set 1 strong team on defence and nothing more if I cant stand a chance to work on my feats why should they.
    This is a war is it not one I cant win due to the worst matching system ever cheating on behalf of the cash cows, but I can stop them getting easy feat points and I will ever time cg cheats on behalf of a cash cow.

Just thought I'll add this as some seam to struggle to understand ESPECIALLY CG.

Quote from the Cambridge Dictionary

"Match"
    A person or thing that is equal to another person or thing in strength, speed, or quality

Sub note
    "Be no match for"
    To be less powerful or effective than someone or something else.

The current matches definitely fall under one of these and its definitely not the top one is it.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    There are people that got matched with players that have over 1M more GP than them. Why, you might ask. Quite simple: remember those two patents owned by EA that were exposed by MG a while ago? The second one, which has been analysed way less than the other, was exactly about this. We're not getting matched based on GP, we're being matched based on the amount of money spent, if you did or did not pay for Malak and Revan the first time around and all that. We're meant to lose, because we didn't spend. On the opposite, whales need to win to keep spending, because they instinctively think that spending was a good investment and they won because of that. They understood that f2ps are not going to spend in the future and with the behavior EA is currently having we're less and less likely to spend as time passes. So, better invest on whales. As simple as that, this matchmaking is working just exactly like in that patent and the variables are money spent, money spent on a specific event (malak), how often you spend money if you spend and all of that. You might be wondering why Malak doesn't come back: well, this would screw up that mechanism and all would be too balanced, f2ps would beat whales again out of better tactics, better mods and most likely higher IQ, revenue falls and you know the rest.

For all of you with 219382180920213902 posts on the forum spending your life and money in front of it and the game: insult me and throw tin foil hats at me all you want, that just confirms the theory (most of the times we can reach your swgoh.gg and verify whether you're whales or not, did you know this?) and I couldn't care less, so avoid wasting posts, you won't get triggered reactions by me or any reaction at all.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    There are people that got matched with players that have over 1M more GP than them. Why, you might ask. Quite simple: remember those two patents owned by EA that were exposed by MG a while ago? The second one, which has been analysed way less than the other, was exactly about this. We're not getting matched based on GP, we're being matched based on the amount of money spent, if you did or did not pay for Malak and Revan the first time around and all that. We're meant to lose, because we didn't spend. On the opposite, whales need to win to keep spending, because they instinctively think that spending was a good investment and they won because of that. They understood that f2ps are not going to spend in the future and with the behavior EA is currently having we're less and less likely to spend as time passes. So, better invest on whales. As simple as that, this matchmaking is working just exactly like in that patent and the variables are money spent, money spent on a specific event (malak), how often you spend money if you spend and all of that. You might be wondering why Malak doesn't come back: well, this would screw up that mechanism and all would be too balanced, f2ps would beat whales again out of better tactics, better mods and most likely higher IQ, revenue falls and you know the rest.

For all of you with 219382180920213902 posts on the forum spending your life and money in front of it and the game: insult me and throw tin foil hats at me all you want, that just confirms the theory (most of the times we can reach your swgoh.gg and verify whether you're whales or not, did you know this?) and I couldn't care less, so avoid wasting posts, you won't get triggered reactions by me or any reaction at all.

My 8-bracket has 5 malak owners and 3 non malak owners.

So if your theory is correct @Drazhar , why are 4 of the people who paid for malak going to lose?
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »

My 8-bracket has 5 malak owners and 3 non malak owners.

So if your theory is correct @Drazhar , why are 4 of the people who paid for malak going to lose?

They're still going to win on the non-Malak people. That's what counts. They know that Malak owners are either very, very good players (people that managed to got him out of stockpiled crystals because they played right since their first day or because they're just extremely big and playing since day one, which are quite few people) or spenders. Concerning the people that got him out of hoarded resources, they also know they didn't spend and also that they've been playing for so much time that they never needed to spend at all and most likely will never do. These are the most targeted people, f2ps that can afford to behave like whales. So yeah, some of them probably belong to this class of players. In addition, of course for someone to win someone else has to lose, you can't win if nobody loses, so also this happens, obviously.

On a side note, thank you for the chill answer that definitely got me to answer. Stick to this kind of relatively chill debate and we can all talk like civilised people. If you're too scared that I'm right and you only want to insult me for that, also absolutely feel free to do it, but don't expect fuel for your burn by me (Darjelo, this isn't for you of course, it's a generic and impersonal "you").
  • Options
    Interesting theory. I don’t think that’s how it works, but I respect your views.

In fact, the old matchmaking suited the new account spenders more - they were paired with ftp people with similar total GP and their shiny power toons gave them a massive advantage. Now those guys are facing a much sterner test.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting theory. I don’t think that’s how it works, but I respect your views.

In fact, the old matchmaking suited the new account spenders more - they were paired with ftp people with similar total GP and their shiny power toons gave them a massive advantage. Now those guys are facing a much sterner test.

Thank you for that. My "theory" (I wouldn't even consider it a theory, maybe just a mild suggestion) is based both on factual info and usual EA behavior mixed together. Nothing too complex, no conspiracy, nothing of this. This is just how EA usually behaves with its player bases, especially in mobile games, because in mobile games regulations are way less tight and they can pretty much squeeze them as they want (as I already said in other posts, just wonder why they bought the Command & Conquer franchise and turned one of the best and most famous PC RTS games into a filthy, shameful, pathetic mobile pay to win). What they're doing right now looks weird and unfair because we're exactly in the middle of the milking process. A contest of who whales the most, to put it in simple words. We can all see how average f2ps have been pretty much cut out of the game and brutally divided from whales with the tons of "absolutely 100% free to farm" stuff they added recently (but actually pretty much premium, you literally get in one month, maybe two weeks, what a whale gets in 10 minutes). Nothing more than this: a mix of what EA uses to do with its games and its fan bases and a little bit of what we know about how they manage SWGOH.