Fix GA Championship Match up

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    If you are such a big dog why dont you apply for a TW guild? Your GP is sufficient for TI even... go ahead? If you hear any different feedback than mine about your roster i would be shocked

First off, his roster is very similar to mine (and I'm f2p for the past 2 years) - and I am not "sufficient for TI". Secondly, not everyone who plays this game does so to move into the top guilds. Third, people who just joined the forums a few months ago would do well to not tell players like No_Try, who have been playing for several years at a high level, what to do.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    If you are such a big dog why dont you apply for a TW guild? Your GP is sufficient for TI even... go ahead? If you hear any different feedback than mine about your roster i would be shocked

My guild is already a TW guild. 64 wins goes to show that. Since when a guild prioritising TW is dependant on guild gp?

TW is not the mode I enjoy most though, I like it somewhat, just not a priority. I don't understand why I would need to apply for TI or Wallet Warriors where the concept of those guilds is rather obvious and is the exact opposite of how I play this game despite being capable of cashing out. It's just the mindset of every player seperately within their own enjoyment and considerations.

Thats a cheap excuse. I am f2p and have 300k leas than you and play in one of the top TW guilss. You are just not good enough. That is all. You are not in a TW guild and haveing 64 doesnt change that (or not in a top one). I did 280 points with my second account in the 220 mio braket. This is a joke there. There is absolutely no competition at you GP. Exactly what you say i am rebaling against in GA you are exploiting in TW. You are playing in a lower thsn your level braket. The difference is that i search for a competition and i am fine with it as long as it is rewarded. And you are staying in your small pound braggin what a bit hitter you are. I am telling you... you wont do 102 points in the brakets above... you might not even make 82... and noone will take because of your modding... not because you are free to play... enjoy being the king in the pound.
    Cu

How many tw wins would make it a TW guild? I already said I'm not a TW oriented player despite my guild is. I hate arena yet I was at the top throughout the life of the game, gotta stabilise my GR team while all the **** simply went onto doing GR/Malak since everyone else did the same too. Currently I enjoy GAC most whether I win or not (I won the exhibition round and lost a total of 3 matches in the GA period) and Geo Tb. These will determine my development. If TW benefits from these priorities, all the better. Always managed to punch as one of the top hitters in the TWs I managed to play so far regarding time allocation in my life, or just set all to defense.

Ooooh back at the modding too xD. You bet I put a +15 on ugnaught but somehow also left a slot empty on him to use him like that. I favor my Ugnaught meta like that, that's how I beat lean folks like you in GA.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    the formula gp of #def times two would make sense only if those toons are locked to be used AND NO OTHERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED. And that the locked toons are the same.

Why should the toons be the same? Where's the fun if each GAC consisted of 12 rounds of mirror matches? That's pretty boring. Some players have META toons, others don't. Players with META toons should benefit of course.

I agree that players that have meta toons should have an advantage and they already do - in every other game mode (arena, TW, the new TB, raids, etc.)

But CG has stated that the goal of GAC is "close matches" - not maxed Malak/DR, JKR owners a cake walk. A roster facing an all 7*, 4 g13 Malak team without Malak and with only 1 (or 0) g13 toons on their entire roster is not going to be "close". And yes, we've fought these matches in the first GAC. The maxed Malak rosters vs. those that don't have him or maxed DR lose very consistently.

The simple point here (and the reason for the feedback regarding matchups) is something isn't right - either CG's statement about wanting close matches is completely untrue, or the algorithm they are using for matchups is flawed. I think most people just want to know which is the case.

You just defined me and my league, everyone at 3-4 g13s. I was in holiday so only managed a single g13 and that's on Ahsoka...that I currently use to beat all those 3-4-5 g13 dr/malaks on my shard. So somehow I'm not worried. I may lose matches but it'll always be close. I can go Jkr/GR or GG on their DR/Malaks on any particular match along with my own DR/Malak. Even if I tied my hands not to use my own Malak, I could then Yoda it up on a standart DR build.

Now win without Malak...and without maxed GG (while the opponent has one at g13)...oh and add an all g12 Geo team with a g12 7* zBrood Alpha on the other side just for fun. Just for laughs, toss an extra g13 Chewie and Han against you as well. That would define what one guy in my bracket has in store. And he only has a 6*, g11, single zeta Padme. But hey, I'm sure that zJyn will come in handy for him.

I'd lose against him. I have the GG squad maxed though besides g13 on gg. I'd lose and so? CG never ever made a single statement about toon worth and making qualifications based on it. You are still on the -gotta compare who has what- riff as if CG ever said anything as such.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207546/grand-arena-championships-matchmaking#latest

Read the only bolded part in the entire post. It talks about the idea that "close matches" are the goal. There is no way, if everyone is being honest, that the above example (from my current bracket - neither of which is me, so I have no dog in that fight) is going to be a "close match".

As I said, something isn't right. Either the algorithm isn't actually working to create "close matches" or CG's statement that that is the goal is completely untrue. I just want to know which is the case.

Actually, it's based on the idea of preventing blowouts. Just because you can prevent a blowout, doesn't mean you have a shot at winning efficiency/full clears. No matter the whale or the toon difference, I'll always be able clear 1-2 territories so they can categorize it as "not a blowout." That doesn't mean it was anywhere near a fair fight.
  • Options
    The question I haven't seen asked but I am sure was answered somewhere on this forums. What is the point of divisions if you can be matched up with someone in a different division?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I am still superior... that i am face against players with 12 months advanatge 800k GP and 10-15 key toons at g12 more doesnt change that fact...
    If there was a braket capped at 4.5 mio i would have proven it with ease.. and i will keep proving it in TW. But i have no chance against a similarly skilled players (unlike you) with way more resources, acquired over a way longer period of time.
    Would you be amused if a 17 years old baskebtall players are matchrd with 23 years old grown ups.. (in raltion exactly the same time advantage as my opponents in GA). Fact is, the new system benefits unfairly the wrong people and people are angry. Nothing to be amused about... people put a lot of effort and time to be competetive and this advantage that was gathered over years was erased over night. If you find that amusing than i am afraid to ask you abouth othrr hobbies of yours....

I'm just amused by your false sense of superiority, fuming mouth, ridiculious real life corellations that doesn't exist and nothing else, not even the algo.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I am still superior... that i am face against players with 12 months advanatge 800k GP and 10-15 key toons at g12 more doesnt change that fact...
    If there was a braket capped at 4.5 mio i would have proven it with ease.. and i will keep proving it in TW. But i have no chance against a similarly skilled players (unlike you) with way more resources, acquired over a way longer period of time.
    Would you be amused if a 17 years old baskebtall players are matchrd with 23 years old grown ups.. (in raltion exactly the same time advantage as my opponents in GA). Fact is, the new system benefits unfairly the wrong people and people are angry. Nothing to be amused about... people put a lot of effort and time to be competetive and this advantage that was gathered over years was erased over night. If you find that amusing than i am afraid to ask you abouth othrr hobbies of yours....

I'm just amused by your false sense of superiority, fuming mouth, ridiculious real life corellations that doesn't exist and nothing else, not even the algo.

I am amused by your assumption it is false ;)

Let's hope we get matched before the algo changes once again then. This can even be next week or weeks following. I haven't seen your account but going from what you are saying we are within the possibility to get matched. That would be fun and make all the banter that took place here meaningful.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    One tip in case that happens, be careful about my mods as the ones that got locked are not the ones you checked.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Than again you think your modding is good (i saw th excuse thst you are swapping mods and that is why Ugnought had more speed than thr speedster). So no surprise that you cannot differentiate between true and false

I can't differentiate anything, yet I keep winning these things, I dunno what's happening at all, CG prolly makes special adjustments targeted only at my account.
  • Options

Ignoring how sad your "argument" has been up to this point, I would like to point out that the bolded statement happens every season in college basketball, and to a lesser extent the NBA.

Fun fact: one of the last NBA drafts to include high school players was 2003, and in that class Lebron and Carmelo both ended the season top 15 in points. Looks like the age gap wasn't that big of a deal for them :smile:

Now please resume your sad, but highly entertaining, rooster measuring contest
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Omg you win over guilds and playerd you have 800k GP advantage in avarage... you are all kind og amazing (4.8 mi in 200m braket... so brave)
    And dont worry... even if you optimize your current mods (which i doubt you can) you are still outgunned and mismatched... you upgreaded the wrong 5 dots. As simple as it is...

They give free GA wins to TW winners too. You just need to do nothing in TW while your guild wins it, CG will also make you win GAs. True story.

I use self made templates on grand ivory on the priority order of my own. Maybe that will help you explain why I have to put on mods for them to be visible by the system. But then only noobs will use grand ivory which furthers your claim. Real pros like you are the best though.
  • Options
    Garios129 wrote: »
    The question I haven't seen asked but I am sure was answered somewhere on this forums. What is the point of divisions if you can be matched up with someone in a different division?

To get les rewards for more work. Probably not the official answer, but the true one

The rewards are the same in each division. You can go look at the division rewards. Scroll at the top, each rank has the same rewards for each division.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @SirCrankz

Dang dude. I like the cut of your jib. Can you post your profile? If mine compares I want to apply to be in a top guild like yours. Sounds like an awesome place. I'm tired of playing with all of the scrubs In mine.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    @SirCrankz

Dang dude. I like the cut of your jib. Can you post your profile? If mine compares I want to apply to be in a top guild like yours. Sounds like an awesome place. I'm tired of playing with all of the scrubs In mine.

All guilds below 210M GP range are scrubs mind you. There are only about 200 guilds in the game worth playing at =10k players. Rest are just pests for superior players with lean rosters as that's the only right way to play the game good.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

are you the 17 year old or the 23 year old in that scenario?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Also...neither LeBron nor Melo were better at 23 than at 17? Correct... what a counter argument... you completely desotryed me. Goimg back to shame myself in the corner

:lol:

Back to the question at hand, why are you complaining about your GAC matchup if you are such an elite player and compete so well with the "elite" TW guilds? If you are so great and have such a competitive roster, why would you want to compete with "scrubs" like No_Try?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    @SirCrankz

All guilds below 210M GP range are scrubs mind you. There are only about 200 guilds in the game worth playing at =10k players. Rest are just pests for superior players with lean rosters as that's the only right way to play the game good.

Twist it as much as you wish... you fight people with 800k less gp than yours... that is youe mind set. Only like that you can win. With your GP you should compete in 240m braket. But you are not good enough for that. In a fair fight without an advanatge you will get destroyed. (Probably true for all the people happy with the changes)

I don't understand what you are saying anymore. Are you talking about TW? Last TW we had full participation and fought a guild that had 44 which were superior on every frond. GAC? That's not the case at all here either. I can list you ally codes of my current league if you want, they are evenly spread both upper gps than me and a bit below and noone at your gp.

I'm not happy with the new algo, it's just as ridicilious as the old one. I'm superbly happy that people like you are have came out of the woodwork to cry their tears out endlessly.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Also...neither LeBron nor Melo were better at 23 than at 17? Correct... what a counter argument... you completely desotryed me. Goimg back to shame myself in the corner

So the answer to your question is that depending on who the 17yo and 23yo are I may or may not be amused by watching the match.

Under the old matching a 2 year player could also be matched with a 3 year player so I have no idea how this is relevant to which system is better anyway.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

First off, his roster is very similar to mine (and I'm f2p for the past 2 years) - and I am not "sufficient for TI". Secondly, not everyone who plays this game does so to move into the top guilds. Third, people who just joined the forums a few months ago would do well to not tell players like No_Try, who have been playing for several years at a high level, what to do.

So i have to been in this forum for years to recognize when someones accout sucks...
    No...
    And no... he is not playing at a high level. 200m is not a high level TW braket

Can you list of TW brackets and levels of success in TW on win/loss? You seem to be the best person to ask and I doubt CG will make an announcement what consists of what.