Ga-matchmaking. Yet another thread

Replies

• Cappy99
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    So... Is your point that the system is working? Because it sounds like the system is working. You have an 80% win rate against "superior" (in the view of the OP) rosters. And that's.... Bad?

It's any close to be working right. Ok my friend, I put a little effort to explain what I'm speaking about. Top 60 characters. If you can elaborate how this can be called properly working matchmaking I'll be truly blessed.
    Post your ally code and your opponenet's ally code and I'll explain how

He won’t cause then someone will point out facts and his post with be nothing more then his ****.
  • Options
    Go look at div 4 global leader. Do you think that roster should be number 1 in the world? Or can you agree that matchmaking needs some tuning?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Exactly. It's totally imbalanced.

I am facing a 'perfect' player: all most important characters GL12, all others, like 50 characters 7* level 1 with no investment. Perfect strategy to win Grand Arena: this is no doubt a second, new account that has very well calculated a winning strategy.

This was the old complaint. Then they changed matchmaking to help the wider rosters. If you're still complaining you're probably just not very good.

...or you don't have Malak.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    Justokay wrote: »
    Go look at div 4 global leader. Do you think that roster should be number 1 in the world? Or can you agree that matchmaking needs some tuning?

I noticed that, think it's a result of the 1000 PT bug and the sheer amount of ppl who join and do nothing. I could beat him with half my roster tied behind my back tho
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options
    Cappy99 wrote: »
    So... Is your point that the system is working? Because it sounds like the system is working. You have an 80% win rate against "superior" (in the view of the OP) rosters. And that's.... Bad?

It's any close to be working right. Ok my friend, I put a little effort to explain what I'm speaking about. Top 60 characters. If you can elaborate how this can be called properly working matchmaking I'll be truly blessed.

He won’t cause then someone will point out facts and his post with be nothing more then his ****.
    n8rb0uammpqs.png

He sent me his and opponent ally code

He does not have Malak, but he does have a better geared and speed nest / traya

His roster depth and mods are better than his opponents

I think it looks like a very close match
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    not sure what you mean. Obviously I do that. And obviously my teams are good if I’m matched against people that are all one or two divisions higher. No one else in my division is in my grand arena. We all have comparable top 60. But the daylight starts when we get to top 70 and really comes apart at top 80. So they have flexibility to play counters.

So you simply think there's simply nothing you can do going forth (if the MM doesn't change) and it's all MM's fault?
  • Options
    If you take a closer look it doesn't look so 'very' close match ;)
    353pp0kyzw9q.png

but thanks for your opinion. I highly appreciate it (no sarcasm here)
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    353pp0kyzw9q.png

Just use the dsr bot dude, from glancing at that pic it looks the same. Prob is the specific toons are different. You have more g12 and fewer of them are useful
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options

n8rb0uammpqs.png

He has higher speed then his opponent on every character it's an easy victory, he just needs to save his jedi revan and thrawn to counter that dudes Darth malak
  • Paranoid_Androind0
    48 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Boros wrote: »

n8rb0uammpqs.png

He has higher speed then his opponent on every character it's an easy victory, he just needs to save his jedi revan and thrawn to counter that dudes Darth malak

If I would now how messed the GAC matchmaking will be I would certainly would prepare myslef. This was an exhibition round so wasn't aware. Gmy with DR does fine vs most malaks

• Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    not sure what you mean. Obviously I do that. And obviously my teams are good if I’m matched against people that are all one or two divisions higher. No one else in my division is in my grand arena. We all have comparable top 60. But the daylight starts when we get to top 70 and really comes apart at top 80. So they have flexibility to play counters.

So you simply think there's simply nothing you can do going forth (if the MM doesn't change) and it's all MM's fault?

No. Not all. Just needs tuning. Go look at the number 1 team in the world in my division, Division 4. Matchmaking has to play a part in that. That guy has a roster that isn’t even close to mine (or yours I’m guessing) but he’s graduated to the higher league and getting the better rewards. His best toon is CLS. He’s been playing long enough to have 2.8 mil GP but he only has a G8 JTR. That isn’t the sort of effort at the game that should be rewarded. I just think they over-corrected.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options

No. Not all. Just needs tuning. Go look at the number 1 team in the world in my division, Division 4. Matchmaking has to play a part in that. That guy has a roster that isn’t even close to mine (or yours I’m guessing) but he’s graduated to the higher league and getting the better rewards. His best toon is CLS. He’s been playing long enough to have 2.8 mil GP but he only has a G8 JTR. That isn’t the sort of effort at the game that should be rewarded. I just think they over-corrected.

As I said earlier, its most likely an auto win due to so many apathetic ppl joining and not actually playing, or a side effect pic the point bug
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options

Anybody who can look at the data can tell you have the advantage

His Traya and Darth Nihilus are so bad that they are not even in his top 60

Traya counters a lot of defensive teams that are considered GA Meta

I'm not sure what part of your claim is that its not close

You can't just post a screenshot with no explanation as proof over and over with a wink emoticon

What part of that screenshot supports your claim? If you are going to say Darth Malak then your argument has no weight. That one singular toon does not mean that the matchmaking itself is broken or that you have no change at winning because you obviously do

Someone having more g13 is not unfair, you will always go against someone that will have less, equal or more g13 toons - Its tough but not impossible to win against

But instead of having a debate i'll just post a picture of a gorilla eating carrots and wink :wink:

swenc5kzlbzd.png
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    Op is just trolling obviously, can't actually confer up with an argument other than he's bad at it
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    DadKev wrote: »
    Several people have destroyed teams with higher gp. Just work on your rosters and things will be fine.

False... and have done exactly that and they slid my match making scale forward....wasted money and effort to balance it myself...Cash grab and it worked till I woke up.
  • Paranoid_Androind0
    48 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Ultra Of course. Full sep droids maxed out, g13 malak and 16 more characters at g12 then me makes no difference. That's obvious, sorry for taking your time. No wink
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Versatti wrote: »
    If you want to win, then you have to pay. It’s the unspoken rule for their end game content and it’s becoming more and more prevalent as they try to squeeze more and more money out of the player base.

Incorrect I did that it only matches you even higher.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    TRanger wrote: »
    Several people have destroyed teams with higher gp. Just work on your rosters and things will be fine.

False... and have done exactly that and they said my match making scale forward....wasted money and effort to balance it myself...Cash grab and it worked till I woke up.

I always fight teams with higher gp and win, dunno what you mean. A hard counter can easily wipe a 10-20k higher team. You shouldn't have to drop cash to do that tho, unless you were totally missing a counter team
  • Options

Would take an answer from anyone at this point. Truly baffled. He’s now #2.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options

Would take an answer from anyone at this point. Truly baffled. He’s now #2.

I answered you twice already, ignoring me? It's pretty much the only explanation aside from blatantly cheating. 😆
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

You can check my roster in my sig. I lost my 2nd round. We congratulated eachother. I tried to put a valiant effort at 100 +10 50 +15 and 15 +20 mod difference and at least achieved that goal.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Go look at the Seattle Mariners MLB standings on 30 April 2019. Now look at the Mariners today, 14 July 2019.

Nothing matters until it's over. The div 4 global leader has played two matches, that's it. We don't award the Stanley Cup, Lombardi, World Series, or... Does the NBA championship even have a name? Anyway, we don't award those two games into the season for a reason.

Calm down.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    This is indeed another thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    that’s just a deflection not really an explanation. I feel pretty calm.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @leef someone's calmer than you dude. :D
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Funny. I won, all 4 out of 5 matches so far in GAC including current one. With all higher GP then mine, aprox 300-800k more then me each time, but being paired once with someone with 20 more G12 toons and malak along with them didn't give me even a tiny chances for a win. So stop talking such a crap.

Wut

Did you just try and say that you won with a lower GP and then also it was bad

What's your problem?

Dude I don’t even know. As in what did you say?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

It's not a deflection at all. Grand Arena Championships are a series of interlocking Grand Arena events, just like a season in sports except that as you go along you're going to be facing stiffer and stiffer competition as you rise through the league ranks. A hot start like the division 4 player you refer to doesn't mean anything unless they can maintain that level of play on through the next 24 days.

The division 4 player is the Seattle Mariners. They started off hot, 5-1 by the end of March, 18-14 by the end of April. They're now 39-57, a record that would be historically bad if not for the current Baltimore Orioles. The point is there's a reason they don't distribute prizes and declare a grand arena champion two days into the first round, same as there's a reason the Mariners didn't get that trophy in April.
  • Options
    I have yet to face anyone in the same division as me (i'm 4, i've faced all division 3 opponents, who all have generally 500K more toon power, and a bunch more g12's than i do). The matchmaking is obviously broken somehow.
  • Options

It's not a deflection at all. Grand Arena Championships are a series of interlocking Grand Arena events, just like a season in sports except that as you go along you're going to be facing stiffer and stiffer competition as you rise through the league ranks. A hot start like the division 4 player you refer to doesn't mean anything unless they can maintain that level of play on through the next 24 days.

The division 4 player is the Seattle Mariners. They started off hot, 5-1 by the end of March, 18-14 by the end of April. They're now 39-57, a record that would be historically bad if not for the current Baltimore Orioles. The point is there's a reason they don't distribute prizes and declare a grand arena champion two days into the first round, same as there's a reason the Mariners didn't get that trophy in April.

Fair enough. Kudos for sports analogies.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Fair enough. Kudos for sports analogies.

Thanks. Sorry if I didn't make it clear with my first post.

And I’m reeeeal glad there aren’t rewards in April, because the A’s are doing much better now! I mean, it won’t matter, it never matters, but they’re *better* now.