1661 posts Member
    Options
    TimmyHutch wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »
    Several people have destroyed teams with higher gp. Just work on your rosters and things will be fine.

It has nothing to do with one particular character that has a higher GP. It's the fact that someone like me with 4.6 million GP having to set 8 defenses and save 8 offenses going against someone with 5.3 million GP means I have to set 2 defenses that are complete crap, where my opponent can still set all 8 defenses that are tough and still have enough offense to clear me. 700,000 GP is at the very least 6 fully maxed out and zeta'd teams plus a few extra characters. If you don't think having 6 or 7 extra maxed out teams laying around helps, then you need your head examined.

That's not how it works. It counts the gp of your top 80 toons. If yours aren't as good, that's nobody's fault but your own. You can change that tho.. Focus on legendary/metas or direct counters, which are easily obtained. Study the most common teams and their counters. Basically, play catch up to prepare like your opponent has already. Two well prepared players will always fully clear the board, and the winner is judged by how well they did so. If you can't, you're not ready for championships.

It's actually exactly how it works. I clear my opponent every time, but since every single opponent of mine puts DR/Malak on defense, I need 2 attacks to beat that team. Once in a while, I can beat it in 1 attack with my JKR team by putting thrawn in the team, but it's rare. Again, if you don't think having an extra 6 or 7 completely maxed out teams at your disposal is a huge advantage, then you need your head examined.np5zvtmshda9.jpg

There are other counters there tho. Padme, ns with zombie lead can work too. That's one of the most annoying to fight, and the easiest to lose to. But that's exactly why they do it. Be sure you get him when he returns. As far as extra teams, beyond top 80, it can be useful in these situations, but by then you already lost generally against a skilled player.

You can be the most skilled player in the world. If the other guy has 7 more maxed out teams at his disposal, you are at an extreme disadvantage.

Yes, a disadvantage, but it's still possible to win if you use what you have wisely. (And if you built your to 80 wisely) I very rarely use the full top 80 toons, cuz undersized teams net more points.
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options
    Several people have destroyed teams with higher gp. Just work on your rosters and things will be fine.

It has nothing to do with one particular character that has a higher GP. It's the fact that someone like me with 4.6 million GP having to set 8 defenses and save 8 offenses going against someone with 5.3 million GP means I have to set 2 defenses that are complete crap, where my opponent can still set all 8 defenses that are tough and still have enough offense to clear me. 700,000 GP is at the very least 6 fully maxed out and zeta'd teams plus a few extra characters. If you don't think having 6 or 7 extra maxed out teams laying around helps, then you need your head examined.

That's not how it works. It counts the gp of your top 80 toons. If yours aren't as good, that's nobody's fault but your own. You can change that tho.. Focus on legendary/metas or direct counters, which are easily obtained. Study the most common teams and their counters. Basically, play catch up to prepare like your opponent has already. Two well prepared players will always fully clear the board, and the winner is judged by how well they did so. If you can't, you're not ready for championships.

It's actually exactly how it works. I clear my opponent every time, but since every single opponent of mine puts DR/Malak on defense, I need 2 attacks to beat that team. Once in a while, I can beat it in 1 attack with my JKR team by putting thrawn in the team, but it's rare. Again, if you don't think having an extra 6 or 7 completely maxed out teams at your disposal is a huge advantage, then you need your head examined.np5zvtmshda9.jpg

There are other counters there tho. Padme, ns with zombie lead can work too. That's one of the most annoying to fight, and the easiest to lose to. But that's exactly why they do it. Be sure you get him when he returns. As far as extra teams, beyond top 80, it can be useful in these situations, but by then you already lost generally against a skilled player.

You can be the most skilled player in the world. If the other guy has 7 more maxed out teams at his disposal, you are at an extreme disadvantage.

Yes, a disadvantage, but it's still possible to win if you use what you have wisely. (And if you built your to 80 wisely) I very rarely use the full top 80 toons, cuz undersized teams net more points.

I know. I still do win a little over half of my matches. But if the matchmaking were fair, I would be winning the majority of my matches, which would mean better prizes for me. CG is literally taking Zetas off of my roster by doing this. It is a big deal.

All I'm saying is that it's significantly better now, which is pretty obvious by the vastly lower amount of complaints. Of course there's still room for improvement, as with any system, but I'll take the progress for what it is rather than complain.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Big F! this nonsense. Matchmaking needs fixing NOW!!!

Need proof? My opponent:
    lhwgjkv2y4io.png
    wfmejo762c2d.png
    ilv8oms05m0x.png
    mdyj0mzkvpn1.png

Me:
    rwi9t66qlviw.png
    n5nulzelyuuh.png
    yse7qk8q5o03.png
    dqhzb9iit7vz.png

Looks like he made better choices in top 80. Upgrade what you're missing into the top# and you'll be better off.

Looks like you didn’t get it. If by “better choices” you mean “spent significant amounts of $$$”, then it still doesn’t make any sense. This guy has 12 G13 toons and I have 0!
    It’s about fair matchmaking. This is not it. Fail to both the algorithm and your post
    Post edited by KyoO1234 on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I know. I still do win a little over half of my matches. But if the matchmaking were fair, I would be winning the majority of my matches, which would mean better prizes for me. CG is literally taking Zetas off of my roster by doing this. It is a big deal.

All I'm saying is that it's significantly better now, which is pretty obvious by the vastly lower amount of complaints. Of course there's still room for improvement, as with any system, but I'll take the progress for what it is rather than complain.

Sorry, I disagree. The matchmaking in GAC has been far worse than GA. The ranges in roster functionality has been much farther apart in my GAC groupings the last two rounds than at any point in GA. The disparity between the top guy in the group of 8 (usually 6-7 g13 eith Malak, maxed zBA/Geo or maxed GG/sep droids all 7 star, g12) and the weakest of the grouping - zero g13 - no Malak, no maxed sep droids (B1 and Droideka missing), no Brood Alpha unlocked - is much worse than any GA bracket I've been in.

And I'm usually in the middle (although always one of the 2 or 3 without Malak vs. the 5 or 6 maxed ones).

I'll wait and see if 3rd round matchmaking is better, but I'm gettin closer to calling this a failed experiment and horribly missed opportunity. I loved the idea of GAC and enjoyed GA. But I am quickly becoming less hopeful that they got it "right" this time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

What? If matchmaking were fair you’d win the majority of your matches? Why are you so special? If you were winning the majority, CG are literally taking zetas off someone else’s roster aren’t they?

If matchmaking were fair you would win some and lose some.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sorry, I disagree. The matchmaking in GAC has been far worse than GA. The ranges in roster functionality has been much farther apart in my GAC groupings the last two rounds than at any point in GA. The disparity between the top guy in the group of 8 (usually 6-7 g13 eith Malak, maxed zBA/Geo or maxed GG/sep droids all 7 star, g12) and the weakest of the grouping - zero g13 - no Malak, no maxed sep droids (B1 and Droideka missing), no Brood Alpha unlocked - is much worse than any GA bracket I've been in.

And I'm usually in the middle (although always one of the 2 or 3 without Malak vs. the 5 or 6 maxed ones).

I'll wait and see if 3rd round matchmaking is better, but I'm gettin closer to calling this a failed experiment and horribly missed opportunity. I loved the idea of GAC and enjoyed GA. But I am quickly becoming less hopeful that they got it "right" this time.

Well, respectfully, I disagree with you. Every GA / GAC bracket I’ve been involved in has had a mix of the haves and have nots. I see no difference in GAC. We’re both drawing from a fairly shallow pool of data, but our observations are different.

In both the 1 week exhibition and the first week of this bigger championship, my bracket had 5 malak owners v 3 non malak owners. Each time one of the non-malak owners also did not have Drevan. This is a replica of what I was experiencing before.

Fun fact though, the final in my week 1 GA was contested by me and another guy, and we were 2 of the non-malak owners.

My week 2 bracket is exactly the same. I’m hoping that another non-malak final is incoming.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    People need to realise the matchmaking won't get better over the weeks, because it doesn't match winners. The MM didn't change since the first exhibition as far as we know and it starts from scratch every week. So it will yield similar results every week whether that result is now better or worse for you. Same type of randomness within it's parameters.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    4.1 mill focused FTP roster, division 2.
    For the 3rd gac running I've zero chance of winning any against 7 division 1 players, g13s everywhere, malaks, broods, 900k more GP than me. I'm in with whales. Why? I thought, being as I haven't won one single battle in gac, the opponent's would get easier but they're getting harder!
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options

Need proof? My opponent:
    lhwgjkv2y4io.png
    wfmejo762c2d.png
    ilv8oms05m0x.png
    mdyj0mzkvpn1.png

Me:
    rwi9t66qlviw.png
    n5nulzelyuuh.png
    yse7qk8q5o03.png
    dqhzb9iit7vz.png

Looks like he made better choices in top 80. Upgrade what you're missing into the top# and you'll be better off.

Looks like you didn’t get it. If by “better choices” you mean “spent significant amounts of $$$”, then it still doesn’t make any sense. This guy has 12 G13 toons and I have 0!
    It’s about fair matchmaking. This is not it. Fail to both the algorithm and your post

Money doesn't matter, your top 80gp is still the same. So either you have way more g12s or zetas to compensate for him having the g13s. He was more selective with gear in top 80. It's a pretty simple concept, don't know what's not to get. So , yes, it's about choices, cuz your top 80gp is equal.

This comes to the same point. Choices. If they have Malak, gg, etc already in their top 80, why don't you? Or a counter for it?
    I haven't seen any proof of the top 80gp being mismatched, just rants about why ppl think it's unfair to them personally. Usually tying it back to total gp or better choices, but yea. Those matter.
    You can manage who is in your top 80gp at least, unlike the previous system. Just make sure they're useful, and don't g12 whole swaths of toons who don't fit into teams.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Need proof? My opponent:
    lhwgjkv2y4io.png
    wfmejo762c2d.png
    ilv8oms05m0x.png
    mdyj0mzkvpn1.png

Me:
    rwi9t66qlviw.png
    n5nulzelyuuh.png
    yse7qk8q5o03.png
    dqhzb9iit7vz.png

Money doesn't matter, your top 80gp is still the same. So either you have way more g12s or zetas to compensate for him having the g13s. He was more selective with gear in top 80. It's a pretty simple concept, don't know what's not to get. So , yes, it's about choices, cuz your top 80gp is equal.

This comes to the same point. Choices. If they have Malak, gg, etc already in their top 80, why don't you? Or a counter for it?
    I haven't seen any proof of the top 80gp being mismatched, just rants about why ppl think it's unfair to them personally. Usually tying it back to total gp or better choices, but yea. Those matter.
    You can manage who is in your top 80gp at least, unlike the previous system. Just make sure they're useful, and don't g12 whole swaths of toons who don't fit into teams.

zzMalak (even at 7*, G13) is the same GP as a maxed zzKRU. That's a microcosm as to why any matchup algorithm that looks primarily at GP is flawed. Because GP as an indicator of battle effectiveness is meaningless.

The only people I've seen defending the GAC matchmaking are Malak owners who feel entitled to their bought advantage (save for the 882 f2p out of hundreds of thousands who play).

The highly overtuned kits of the top characters (Malak, DR, JKR, etc.) are not accurately represented by their GP.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Need proof? My opponent:
    lhwgjkv2y4io.png
    wfmejo762c2d.png
    ilv8oms05m0x.png
    mdyj0mzkvpn1.png

Me:
    rwi9t66qlviw.png
    n5nulzelyuuh.png
    yse7qk8q5o03.png
    dqhzb9iit7vz.png

zzMalak (even at 7*, G13) is the same GP as a maxed zzKRU. That's a microcosm as to why any matchup algorithm that looks primarily at GP is flawed. Because GP as an indicator of battle effectiveness is meaningless.

The only people I've seen defending the GAC matchmaking are Malak owners who feel entitled to their bought advantage (save for the 882 f2p out of hundreds of thousands who play).

The highly overtuned kits of the top characters (Malak, DR, JKR, etc.) are not accurately represented by their GP.

GP is never meant to represent kits. Malak will get released, MM will change, hopefully it will get de-coupled sooner or later from GP, new toons will get released only a few has. I bet whatever CG will do in the future, they'll always retain -have- advantage for obvious reasons.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Options

A 50% winrate is the definition of fair matchmaking. If you were winning the majority of your matches then the matchmaking wouldn't be fair.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    People need to realise the matchmaking won't get better over the weeks, because it doesn't match winners. The MM didn't change since the first exhibition as far as we know and it starts from scratch every week. So it will yield similar results every week whether that result is now better or worse for you. Same type of randomness within it's parameters.

Sadly, it starting to look like this is the case. Instead of GAC being structured like a ladder tournament, it seems as though it's just a series of individual GA matches with a point total included for feats. That is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity to make the game mode into something that could have been a fun and unique addition and a different type of event. Instead it's a convoluted rehasing of GA with feats throw in. Honestly, it's too bad, as they could have done something good with Grand Arena Championship - instead they just just made it Grand Arena Convoluted.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Sadly, it starting to look like this is the case. Instead of GAC being structured like a ladder tournament, it seems as though it's just a series of individual GA matches with a point total included for feats. That is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity to make the game mode into something that could have been a fun and unique addition and a different type of event. Instead it's a convoluted rehasing of GA with feats throw in. Honestly, it's too bad, as they could have done something good with Grand Arena Championship - instead they just just made it Grand Arena Convoluted.

It's a banner war in the current scheme. The best will be decided by the most efficient (given that they also got easy matches). Simply winning all your matches won't cut it even for Kyber top 200.

I'm undecided about how to receive this fact or whether if it would be better if winners got matched within their own league. I'm enjoying it though and it doesn't look that dire to me as it looks to others (probably to whom who consistently gets extremely hard matchups). Only thing I am clear about I don't like feats unrelated to GAC where any competetive player also will get anyway. It dissolves focus from other tasks and all should be GAC oriented.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    All the players complaining that their opponent has 700k more GP and 8 extra squads seem to also be defending their glory by claiming that they still clear territory’s. And I believe it.

Here’s my roster:
    2b7rh6tisxi4.png
    bviebs8176tv.png

And here’s theirs:
    t4xhlstxyaha.jpeg
    v3ibdasc5toe.png

So yes, matchmaking is probably not great. I have about 100k more than they do, and yeah probably about 4-5 more full teams. But if they put that DR team or their JKR team on frontline defense, I won’t be able to counter that, and this probably barring me from a win. I understand that since they are focused and PvP prepared they deserve to win, but either way, who do you think is on the losing side of this match?
  • Options
    Decided to check in and see how the gac dumpster fire was burning since I quit maybe 2 weeks ago due to ga being ruined (from my perspective). Certainly took the only thing that kept me playing the game and made it not worth my time and no longer fun.
    Gannon you are quite cocky on this I wish I could have matched you before I quit to serve you a slice of humble pie along w your first defeat. I too come from the never lost a ga tribe. Remember there is always a bigger fish buddy =D. Every ga board can not always be 1 shot especially vs quality opponents. The extra over 80 toons are very important. Anyways that is all carry on...
  • Gannon
    1661 posts Member
    Options

Need proof? My opponent:
    lhwgjkv2y4io.png
    wfmejo762c2d.png
    ilv8oms05m0x.png
    mdyj0mzkvpn1.png

Me:
    rwi9t66qlviw.png
    n5nulzelyuuh.png
    yse7qk8q5o03.png
    dqhzb9iit7vz.png

You're right about the gp. I don't have Malak yet, but I totally get what you mean. It used to be easier to say gp is objective, cuz all the max GPS lined up by rarity pretty much. Then all the reworks changed that a bit, but it's still better than before. And I defend it, despite not being a Malak owner, mostly because when we had that huge thread of actually constructive idea on how to fix matching, counting ONLY those toons needed was really the best of 3 proposed options at the time. I'm not saying it's perfect, because the gp system isn't perfect, but it's the best it's been so far, at least from most players I've seen.
    Redapple wrote: »
    Decided to check in and see how the gac dumpster fire was burning since I quit maybe 2 weeks ago due to ga being ruined (from my perspective). Certainly took the only thing that kept me playing the game and made it not worth my time and no longer fun.
    Gannon you are quite cocky on this I wish I could have matched you before I quit to serve you a slice of humble pie along w your first defeat. I too come from the never lost a ga tribe. Remember there is always a bigger fish buddy =D. Every ga board can not always be 1 shot especially vs quality opponents. The extra over 80 toons are very important. Anyways that is all carry on...

I would very much enjoy that. I've almost lost several times, by just a few points, but I enjoyed talking it over with my opponent. If I lose, that's fine. As long as it's a fun match, and lately all my matches are very close and losing is a very real possibility every time.
  • Options
    the new matchmaking is ridiculous...no more words needs