geonosians rework a waste of time

Replies

• Options
    Gair wrote: »
    Just so we are clear. The ability IS being changed to turn the bug into the intent. So basically ANY mass assist is going to pile 5 stacks on everyone? *at 50% chance*

"Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 50% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy that will explode after 2 turns."

to...

"At the end of each turn, Jawa Scavenger has a 50% chance to inflict a Thermal Detonator on all enemies that used an ability that turn for each time a Jawa ally was attacked that turn."

Yup. Gotta buff my Jawas somehow. It's only a start though. Rework them all. Make them all better.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    I love how people argue about Geos and Jawas, I'm sitting here laughing because I won't have enough gear for either faction for months lmao.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb so as long as the team in question isn't the paywall, aka JKR, aka Darth revan and malak. The counters are completely fine, yet as soon as people find ways to properly counter the meta team with out using exploits, you nerf them. Jawas are clearly a bug, but since geos were not a paywall its completely fine. Oh you used palpatine and beat darth revan and malak? Palpatine is not working as intended.
    You show your true colors @CG
  • Options
    The trouble here is, when there are positive "bugs" that help players against other parts of the game (i.e., Heroic Sith Raid) then they are quick to say, "that shouldn't work that way, we're fixing it!" but in this case something unintended happened and they're going with, "well, if we leave it as is, players will SPEND MONEY and RESOURCES on Jawas so they can beat Geo teams!" Why? Because that's exactly what will happen. (I'm guessing once they saw those videos they started tracking jawas statistically and saw how much players were putting into jawas and decided, that's a good thing for US!)

It doesn't look good because they're going against the precedent they've set.
  • Options

Exactly as our colleagues say, @cg_sbcrumb the Jawas defeat the Geonosians without doing anything and you do nothing but don't be the Emperor defeating Malak because in that case you do fix it right? with this they showed us how hypocritical you are, a team that does have an error but does not affect you on the payroll they do fix it but a team that wins 100% legal to a PTW team does fix it that funny
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Past

02a1ggc90l92.jpg

Present

bhyy5z3bbha8.jpg

Find another counter to malak, see how long it will take for CG to say oh this character is not working as intended lmao
  • Options
    Geonosians are now a really good team who are useful in a while lot of areas. Anf Jawas are useful again, a bit pigeon holed, but useful. I complain a whole f**king lot about CG, let's face it they often deserve criticism, but I honestly don't get why people are this time.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Geos have always been trash, except maybe geo soldier when the game first launched, Sun Fac and Spy had shortly lived moments of glory (a month or two tops), poggle was trash. Then at some point in order to justify their existence they're given ships and they did ok for a time and their glory days died out too, but became somewhat useful during TBs.

Overall geos have always been trash, there should be no surprise there. Then Nute and Dooku get a rework in anticipation for the new TB and Brood gets introduced just to complete the geo set of 5 and given a summon to make them even more annoying.

Now this is the real ****: a bunch of bugs assisting and countering several high-end teams. Where is your dying heart for BH, JKR, FO, Shaak Ti + clones, and even CLS teams?

SOURCE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=padGqYGVRoI&t=526s

I think an Achilles heel in the form of a simple jawa team counter is reasonable. There's a lot of benefits to building up a geo team, but it should come at a certain cost.

So quit your whining and get over it.
    Post edited by Fher on
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    A team that doesn’t need to attack to win is why I’m having an issue with bug/CG update.
    As long as your precious Malek is safe right
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Finally Cg done something good! Keep Jawas alive!
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    So basically, instead of correcting a bug, you rework jawas.

If Jawas needs to be g12/g13 in order to wipe out the bugs equally geared, that's fair and square. Let's see what a reworked beef up jawa team can do against other assist heavy squads !

But if this allows a clearly undergeared jawa squad to destroy the bugs, I don't get it. You won't need to gear them, so there is no strategy, no "who do i gear ?" involved. In this case, you just nerfed Bugs big time for no apparent reason.

To sum up, I hope there was (were?) some testing done :(

Agreed. This is a perfect time to #reworkjawas
  • Options
    Talking about how the geos are good "now" absolutely ignores how little damage they really do. Compared to so many squads the Geo's just don't stack up. They are designed for defense, but now there is a massive, ridiculous glitch and instead of just fixing it the argument is "well they always suck so this makes absolute sense to laugh and keep it."

We are having this conversation pre anyone really having g13 geos (or Jawas) and all the teams being shown online by YouTubers as a means to demonstrate how good the Geos are is without anyone being g13. Consider this a result of not having a robust test capability by the audience. We're being asked to spend so much time and effort into a squad and then you have an issue pop up out of nowhere.

Seriously CG. Fix it. There's no reason to have this bug exist and it's a garbage policy to allow this kind of "strategy" in your game.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Geonosians are now a really good team who are useful in a while lot of areas. Anf Jawas are useful again, a bit pigeon holed, but useful. I complain a whole f**king lot about CG, let's face it they often deserve criticism, but I honestly don't get why people are this time.

a whole lot of areas?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The trouble here is, when there are positive "bugs" that help players against other parts of the game (i.e., Heroic Sith Raid) then they are quick to say, "that shouldn't work that way, we're fixing it!" but in this case something unintended happened and they're going with, "well, if we leave it as is, players will SPEND MONEY and RESOURCES on Jawas so they can beat Geo teams!" Why? Because that's exactly what will happen. (I'm guessing once they saw those videos they started tracking jawas statistically and saw how much players were putting into jawas and decided, that's a good thing for US!)

Did u know traya lead destroys geos? And you can keep dn for another squad too?
  • Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Talking about how the geos are good "now" absolutely ignores how little damage they really do. Compared to so many squads the Geo's just don't stack up. They are designed for defense, but now there is a massive, ridiculous glitch and instead of just fixing it the argument is "well they always suck so this makes absolute sense to laugh and keep it."

We are having this conversation pre anyone really having g13 geos (or Jawas) and all the teams being shown online by YouTubers as a means to demonstrate how good the Geos are is without anyone being g13. Consider this a result of not having a robust test capability by the audience. We're being asked to spend so much time and effort into a squad and then you have an issue pop up out of nowhere.

Seriously CG. Fix it. There's no reason to have this bug exist and it's a garbage policy to allow this kind of "strategy" in your game.

A strategy that leaves u with 1 jawa alive with below max hp, and which works about 50% of the time, isn’t a very good strategy. It’s just a “lol” strategy that I wouldn’t rely much upon.

Meanwhile, engineer is worth gearing up slightly for an anti dr dm team, or any droid team that circles back to usefulness when the meta changes. So i’d go in that direction.
  • Options
    A bug against a bunch of bugs. Very well played
  • Whatelse73
    2164 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Did u know traya lead destroys geos? And you can keep dn for another squad too?

Huh?
  • Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »

A strategy that leaves u with 1 jawa alive with below max hp, and which works about 50% of the time, isn’t a very good strategy. It’s just a “lol” strategy that I wouldn’t rely much upon.

Meanwhile, engineer is worth gearing up slightly for an anti dr dm team, or any droid team that circles back to usefulness when the meta changes. So i’d go in that direction.

1 attack per clear is all you need for TW. Using Jawas to take down a tough team saves so much for offense. It needs to be fixed.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    I may be wrong but I think that the possible fix to Jawas would break a bunch other things and they don't want to spend big resources on it ATM.

About the trash... geos were big trash and now could be a A- team. Jawas are completely trash.

Gearing a completely trash to maybe kill an A- is not the way I'm going to spend resources on. I don't even have all the Jawas unlocked and it'll stay that way.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    Options
    Juzz wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think that the possible fix to Jawas would break a bunch other things and they don't want to spend big resources on it ATM.

About the trash... geos were big trash and now could be a A- team. Jawas are completely trash.

Gearing a completely trash to maybe kill an A- is not the way I'm going to spend resources on. I don't even have all the Jawas unlocked and it'll stay that way.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I just faced a zBrood Alpha in GA. I have decent jawas, but I used a g12 JTR droid squad instead to get 59pts. Think I would have got that with Jawas?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Finally my G10 jawas are somewhere useful.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game over the years and I have spent several hundred dollars gearing the Geos(all but poogle are g13) and I have to say I am completely dismayed and appalled at you guys(CG)!!

I'm completely dismayed and appalled at you. A fool and his money are soon parted.

A game and a lack of spenders is soon not a game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH