geonosians rework a waste of time

124Next

Replies

• plindboe
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Stalbot wrote: »
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    I dont see the big deal with them letting the jawas alone. Your not gonna get the full banners in GA anyway and that's if you can pull it off but wasnt the whole reason to gearing geos for geo Tb anyway. They just happened to work good on defense in grand arena

The big deal . Is they are "fixing" stuff that was not broken ie palpatine counter to dr/malak team . Which was not a bug. And not fixing this bug . Which is greatly going to affect every mass assist team in the game. This bug will affect not only the geos but clones , bounty hunters, troopers, nightsisters jedi knight raven, padme/gr , Any team with c3po, hermit Yoda.

No, the jawas are worthless against those other teams you mention. The only reason that they work against the geos, is because the geos mass assist 10 times more that any other team in the game.
  • Options
    I find the gravity lent to this issue hilarious.

Let me make sure I understand...

Lots of folks are supposed to be clamoring to spend perfectly good gear on Jawas to... what? Counter Bugs, so only on offense... most of the time... with **** banners. Which the opponent can either avoid by using them on offense or using the **** banners / possible loss to win on points.

I can't see value, unless the canonization of the effect improves their effectiveness overall against multi attack / assist / counter teams... in which case, it would effectively make it a rework of sorts... but it had better bring down more than the odd bug.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The strangest thing about CG's leaving the Jawa counter is that they stated that the Geonosis TB is meant to be the most end game of the end game content. I quoted CG there. It doesn't seem very thematic to make Tatooine desert Jawa the counter to reworked end-game Genosians that just got their new leader.

I am actually kind of okay with the counter because in the end your guild needs them for the Wat Tambor farming. I just don't think it is logically consistent leaving Jawa as is. Maybe even make them more powerful. New ability, "Tatooine Recall, summons C3PO and R2D2 from your roster for the 6th and 7th ally slots and synergize with Jawa" and "all Jawa abilities ignore the 15% base chance to resist debuffs."

Then at least they would be really really interesting.
  • Options
    While I do personally feel it's crappy to leave a team in the game that can literally sit back, do nothing, and win 80% of the time or more... it's not the end of the world. If you set the Geos on D and your opponent goes this route, they aren't guaranteed the win. If they win, they're likely walking away with a few dead and/or heavily damaged Jawas, so they're bleeding banners to get their win. If we're talking TBs, then there are quite simply better defensive options than the Geos.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    How many crybabies in this thread have ever taken down a geared geo team with an "undergeared" jawa team? I'm guessing a big fat zero.
    I'd love to see the numbers that people have with a G11-12 jawa squad. Probably almost none, unless you were one of the first to play this game.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Ryche wrote: »
    Luniz wrote: »
    How many crybabies in this thread have ever taken down a geared geo team with an "undergeared" jawa team? I'm guessing a big fat zero.
    I'd love to see the numbers that people have with a G11-12 jawa squad. Probably almost none, unless you were one of the first to play this game.

Sounds like you need to join the Jawa Discord.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    lol all you really need to do us use a trash sideous lead a couple G 9 tanks and G12 Sith Marauder.... he should be gaining 100% TM almost every time a bug takes a turn and iwth stacking damage.... jesus murphy prob be dropping 200k basics lol
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    I for one am grateful for the jawas getting some love. I developed all five of mine up just enough to three star the critical damage mod levels. Pretty much as soon as I accomplished that, it was changed so that all mods were accessible by any toon.

I felt a bit cheated. I think it took about 2 months of shard farming and a solid 2 to 3 weeks of gear and mod farming to clear the CD mod levels. Once the change was made, someone suggested a jawa event for those of us who put the work into them. The event would just be those simple ones with three levels; 112k credits, 2 purple mats and an omega.

I also developed geonosians for ships so I have them too. If opponent has jawas, use the bugs on offense. Also, the main use for them is in TB, so I don't think we are really cheated out of a great squad.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    w6sbpu370e5k.png
    Enough to take out a zBrute g11-12 geo team.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Anyone have a fully g12 Jawa team that can kick some tier 3 butt?
  • Options
    I love it. Guess what though? Only works if Geos are set on defense somewhere. Don’t do that and it’s never an issue. Geos are a great offense team, play them right.
    Ooba hutar.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Boros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game over the years and I have spent several hundred dollars gearing the Geos(all but poogle are g13) and I have to say I am completely dismayed and appalled at you guys(CG)!!

I'm completely dismayed and appalled at you. A fool and his money are soon parted.

A game and a lack of spenders is soon not a game.

But malak still got no counter!!!! That's gotta keep the spenders happy. Everything is working as intended

Grievous is a soft counter. So is Padmé.

You think Malak is gonna have a hard counter 3 months in?
  • Options
    The funny think is we need 25 omega just for omegas and Double of them for alpha..
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Tiig wrote: »
    I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game over the years and I have spent several hundred dollars gearing the Geos(all but poogle are g13) and I have to say I am completely dismayed and appalled at you guys(CG)!! Not sorry to say, if this is indeed left in the game you will NEVER see another dollar of mine!! And I'm sure this will create another exodus.. We have all seen many long time players leave the game permanently recently both from guilds and arena/fleet shard chats and the trend is likely to continue with these type of choices. And I usually and the fan boi on here praising you guys and I have donated money to all of your game day events and friends with cancer on go fund me; so no one need try to make this post out to be like I'm trolling you guys here. This is just another reason to stop spending in swgoh and start looking to other games.

Buh-Bye!

is that called for ??
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    On principal yes it's wrong of CG to allow this bug to continue.
    However
    For this to work you need a g11 or at the very least least g10 Jawa squad and even then it's a crap shoot. There are other effective teams that will net you more banners with less RNG. As well as way better characters to gear with a wider range of uses.

This also helps the F2P players so if Jawas are now a Geo counter so be it.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    You still need the Geos to be 16,500 a piece to be able to even play the special mission in Geo TB. 2 of their ships are pretty good also. I still use (and win) with Sun Facs damage soaking ship

Precisely this. That is why Ahnaldt101 failed spectacularly in his last GA trying to take out a Geo squad with poorly geared Jawas. If you get them all up to G11 and mod for health and protection you are fine.
  • Options
    I don’t see this as a problem. I whaled out on Brute and at first I was a bit concerned — but with so many priorities in the game, Jawas aren’t close to the top. If by random chance a person loves them and can take out my GEOs, i just hope they make a video

1. Even if they use them, it’s at great point loss in GA

2. Only old timers who farmed them for mods should have access to a squad... so that narrows the chance of encounters

3. There won’t be a mass farming of them with some many other better grinds — just for 1 — yes — 1 use ... speaking of that one use ...

4. In GA scan your opponent, if they have them — don’t place them on defense — and look ... they just wasted resources for 1 and 1 only potential thing that’s *avoidable*

• Options
    I don’t see this as a problem. I whaled out on Brute and at first I was a bit concerned — but with so many priorities in the game, Jawas aren’t close to the top. If by random chance a person loves them and can take out my GEOs, i just hope they make a video

2. Only old timers who farmed them for mods should have access to a squad... so that narrows the chance of encounters

3. There won’t be a mass farming of them with some many other better grinds — just for 1 — yes — 1 use ... speaking of that one use ...

4. In GA scan your opponent, if they have them — don’t place them on defense — and look ... they just wasted resources for 1 and 1 only potential thing that’s *avoidable*

Use them on offense. I have yet to lose to a non-meta team. It’s a fun team to play and they hit pretty hard and recover nicely.

Anyone with an account prior to Mod Energy has Jawas to a least GS9 for the old mod challenges. Still, having Geos on Offense negates any Jawa advantage.

Jawas have no use outside of the Geo killers. Maybe they will have use in LS GeoTB? Who knows?

Still more fun to play the Geos on offense, similar to how fun Shaak Ti is with her Clones. Makes for interesting battles, anyways.
  • Options

Use them on offense. I have yet to lose to a non-meta team. It’s a fun team to play and they hit pretty hard and recover nicely.

Anyone with an account prior to Mod Energy has Jawas to a least GS9 for the old mod challenges. Still, having Geos on Offense negates any Jawa advantage.

Jawas have no use outside of the Geo killers. Maybe they will have use in LS GeoTB? Who knows?

Still more fun to play the Geos on offense, similar to how fun Shaak Ti is with her Clones. Makes for interesting battles, anyways.

Oh yes they are quite enjoyable on offense — especially great for undersized feats as well

But since the OP was about defense, I tailored the response for defensive reasons why Jawas don’t concern me. And on DEF it’s nice to have the opponent waste traya or NS— just makes the back wall that more sturdy
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Really annoys me that they’re letting this interaction go. I could imagine the people who spent money on getting brood alpha to 7* g13 will be irritated to know Jawas can win by doing nothing. Halfway invalidated their investment by letting this fly, very disappointed CG but that’s not surprising these days

finally someone who understands why the jawas have to be fixed

I almost liked this post because I thought he was kidding.
    What the heck nerf jawas, better nerf cup also just in case.

• Options
    So i tried in GAC my Jawas (g8-9) against good Geons deff team, and i failed, because my Jawas died too quickly, i managed anyway to kill at least 1 before dying.

But if i even would have make it, i would never get out with a great margin in terms of banner, because you'll loose quite a few Jawas before winning, therefore it is a counter yes, but if you're in a "thight banner" situation, i would prefer to use another team to take out the Geons instead of Jawas.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    On the flip side it does make me feel better about investment in jawas

At least they now have some use. They were worthless for HAAT
  • Options
    Not totally worthless. Nebit and JE could net you a good 2M+ on phase 2 with HK and the IG twins.

And Dathcha made phase 1 simple with CLS and Han.

This was before JTR, BB8 etc existed and before most people had original resistance geared up, remember.
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Im gonna laugh super hard when they rework jawas and they die vs geos but crush gg droid squads