geonosians rework a waste of time

Replies

• Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game over the years and I have spent several hundred dollars gearing the Geos(all but poogle are g13) and I have to say I am completely dismayed and appalled at you guys(CG)!!

I'm completely dismayed and appalled at you. A fool and his money are soon parted.

A game and a lack of spenders is soon not a game.

But malak still got no counter!!!! That's gotta keep the spenders happy. Everything is working as intended
  • Options
    Complaints like these invalidate real complaints on the forums. This isn’t a big deal.

In GA, check to see if your opponent has geared jawas. If yes, use geos on offense. If no, place geos on defense.

It doesn’t really alter much of how you play. I say let people waste gear on a cheap counter for 1 team. It’s not exactly an effective use of gear.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Geonosians are now a really good team who are useful in a while lot of areas. Anf Jawas are useful again, a bit pigeon holed, but useful. I complain a whole f**king lot about CG, let's face it they often deserve criticism, but I honestly don't get why people are this time.

a whole lot of areas?

Offense of GA, TB, TW used for Wat Tambor MK 2 GET, raids and defensive teams that dont have jawas

can't use on defense, need to be maxed to get wat/GET2, anyone who is using them for wat/GET2 doesn't need them for raids, and I assume you mean on D vs someone without jawas? everyone has jawas

I'm just saying that before this jawa thing was found they were a very good team that required a very good team to counter. It seems odd and the ole "slap in the face" for an old, bad, undergeared squad to be able to counter their shiny new team just a day or so after rework, and for them to just say WAI-errr-We'll keep it seems lazy.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Or you could just not set them on defense...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Or you could just not set them on defense...

What? I literally just said you can't place them on defense. That was the whole point.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Ewoks: required for legendary, nest can solo
    Vets: required for jtr, worthless
    Pao: needed (kinda) for chex mix, worthless
    Nightsisters: near requirements for hsr, countered by undergeared troopers but can counter almost anything.
    Old republic: required for malak, does okay on defense but certainly wouldn't have geared them if it weren't for malak.
    Hoth scout, soldier, rolo, Capt han: needed for tb, rolo meh, otherwise worthless.
    Stop acting like this is the first time we've had to farm characters we'd rather not ...so we can do better in other areas.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Boros wrote: »
    I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game over the years and I have spent several hundred dollars gearing the Geos(all but poogle are g13) and I have to say I am completely dismayed and appalled at you guys(CG)!!

I'm completely dismayed and appalled at you. A fool and his money are soon parted.

But malak still got no counter!!!!

This is false.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naver666
    292 posts Member
    Options

This is false.
    [/quote]

This is right. But people like counters where they just have to push auto. Or at least effort marginal strategy.

• Options
    The issue is CG is now deciding on the fly which bugs or unhealthy interactions should stay and which should go. Look at EP and Malak. Malak was built , presumably tested, and released. Once they realized their shiny new $$$ maker could be beat by EP , it was a sudden we need to change Malak . When JKA could beat Malak, it was lets change JKA . Maybe because Geos aren't a huge money maker they will leave it. Whatever the reason, its definitely NOT WAI . You cant set a precedent that you will decide after the fact which bugs you will fix and which you will leave. Why invest in a character if you don't know which interaction will be left alone and which will change because it affects CGs bottom line
  • Naver666
    292 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have alpha started by now so i won't judge.
    Question is, did people beefed geo's up for pvp (defense especially) purpose or, more likley for the TB.
    No one will love to sacrifice points for the dead jawas in GA. TW may be a bigger issue.
  • Options
    Nightsisters: near requirements for hsr, countered by undergeared troopers but can counter almost anything.
    Old republic: required for malak, does okay on defense but certainly wouldn't have geared them if it weren't for malak.
    Hoth scout, soldier, rolo, Capt han: needed for tb, rolo meh, otherwise worthless.
    Stop acting like this is the first time we've had to farm characters we'd rather not ...so we can do better in other areas.

Stop acting like Their actions(CG) help preserve and grow this game and are not seriously misguided. The majority here just want the game to be as good as it can possibly be. Seeing their own hard work constantly thrown back in there face can and will cause many players to quit(including paying customers). If anything we MUST do everything we can to make the devs know about the problems about we are facing. Flaming is not the right path, but seriously...Their is literally NO way they wouldn't know that their actions would upset a large majority of people in the game. Thats what really hurts...they just don't seem to care. Please at least be consistent in your decisions CG. It would do us all a huge favor.
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    One thing you all also forget: jawas will die fast, therefore you get much less banners. You are all going crazy over nothing.
    Exactly. And it's very RNG dependent. Do you really want to lose your GAC round by risking a, what, 50/50 chance on your Jawas beating Geos?

Once everyone understands that putting Geos on D in GA/GAC is a losing proposition, no one will be doing it and everyone who spent gear on Jawas will be <insert vulgar euphemism for displeased>. In the interim, CG wins by getting the naive to throw away gear on Jawas. Well played CG and, I should add, you continue to be completely predictable.

• Options
    I haven't read all the comments, but I'm all for Jawas beating Geos.

Here's why: A game like this needs to have a rock, paper, scissor mechanic to not grow stale. Having ONE team as the be-all, end-all meta kills the Arena. I was getting sick and tired of seeing only Revan and Darth Revan teams in the top 50. Or in the front line of GA. I'm just now starting to see Padme and Grievous teams and now I have an actual choice of who to attack. Now we have Geos. And each of these teams has strengths and weaknesses. Geos can decimate a Bastilla or CLS team. But Jawas have the chance to take out a Geo team. So people now have choices of which teams to level for which events they want to get better at. I'm all for teams having an Achilles heal team and not just steamrolling everything in their path. Every team in the game should have a purpose. And resources are limited, so which ones will you level and which ones do you ignore? Having stuff like this adds more strategy to the game and I'm all for that.

Now to get a Malak killer. Maybe a CUP rework? Lobot? Mob Enforcer?
  • Youarenotmydad
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It was so crystal clear that CG will do this move.
    You're just searching for money, cause you know that all the whales will gear the jawas now.
    If everyone/most of us would have the jawas at g12 or more, CG would nerf it.
    Such a weak and poor move!

It's not a bug, it's a feature now....
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options

But malak still got no counter!!!!

This is false.

Shhhhh stop it
  • Options
    Vadenat wrote: »

Stop acting like Their actions(CG) help preserve and grow this game and are not seriously misguided. The majority here just want the game to be as good as it can possibly be. Seeing their own hard work constantly thrown back in there face can and will cause many players to quit(including paying customers). If anything we MUST do everything we can to make the devs know about the problems about we are facing. Flaming is not the right path, but seriously...Their is literally NO way they wouldn't know that their actions would upset a large majority of people in the game. Thats what really hurts...they just don't seem to care. Please at least be consistent in your decisions CG. It would do us all a huge favor.

1. Everyone wants the game to be as good as it can be.
    2. If you consider any facet of this game to be hard work- kinda sad.
    3. There's no way to know if this upset the majority of players.
    4. What decisions have been inconsistent?
    5. Why did you quote me then ramble on about things that have nothing to do with what I wrote?
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    If you want Jawas nurfed then you better start chanting for Traya to be nurfed. Geos kill themselves vs her just as much.
  • Options
    I love how people argue about Geos and Jawas, I'm sitting here laughing because I won't have enough gear for either faction for months lmao.

I get the Jawa bit, but what could be important enough that one of the most relevant teams will have to wait for months? Are you saving up gear for three separate Darth Revans or something? Geos are an incredibly easy gear as well, aside from Sun Fac he's really got a thing for Carbantis. Brood Alpha especially was a relief to gear, it was like a gust of fresh air. He practically gears himself.

• Options
    I haven't read all the comments, but I'm all for Jawas beating Geos.

Here's why: A game like this needs to have a rock, paper, scissor mechanic to not grow stale. Having ONE team as the be-all, end-all meta kills the Arena. I was getting sick and tired of seeing only Revan and Darth Revan teams in the top 50. Or in the front line of GA. I'm just now starting to see Padme and Grievous teams and now I have an actual choice of who to attack. Now we have Geos. And each of these teams has strengths and weaknesses. Geos can decimate a Bastilla or CLS team. But Jawas have the chance to take out a Geo team. So people now have choices of which teams to level for which events they want to get better at. I'm all for teams having an Achilles heal team and not just steamrolling everything in their path. Every team in the game should have a purpose. And resources are limited, so which ones will you level and which ones do you ignore? Having stuff like this adds more strategy to the game and I'm all for that.

Now to get a Malak killer. Maybe a CUP rework? Lobot? Mob Enforcer?

Again, keep in mind the entire strategy is to launch the battle and cross your fingers. This is a strategy game! It's ridiculous to even consider keeping a bug from an improperly programmed ability. Hot garbage to leave this in the game.
  • Options
    I haven’t even logged in here for god knows how long but I’m absolutely disgusted by this absolute ****.... just makes me want to completely uninstall as I’m sure it does many others, completely pathetic CG yet again
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Jawas will often work, but you'll lose out on several banners as most of them will die. Sure, if you encounter a geo team, and if you don't have a Traya, or a Palp team, or a decent nightsister team, or a superior geo team or any Revan teams left for offense, then jawas is a good last resort.

The one who started this thread should feel embarrassed about its hyperbolic title.
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    Jawas will often work, but you'll lose out on several banners as most of them will die. Sure, if you encounter a geo team, and if you don't have a Traya, or a Palp team, or a decent nightsister team, or a superior geo team or any Revan teams left for offense, then jawas is a good last resort.

The one who started this thread should feel embarrassed about its hyperbolic title.
    Yeah, I was going to say...

My NS team just jumped almost 100 places in arena, because there was a Geo team to eat. It was easier than eating a Bastila team.

• Options
    As people said, GEO tb. GA/Tb use them as an offence team not def, or if you do use them as def know that you are more than likely costing them points, and it's not guaranteed that they will win, unless g12.
    I'm still going to gear up geos, just for geo tb,and as another offensive option for tw/ga.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Past

02a1ggc90l92.jpg

Present

bhyy5z3bbha8.jpg

Find another counter to malak, see how long it will take for CG to say oh this character is not working as intended lmao

While in not a huge fan of the way Malak was released and then changed or caused others to change I can understand the reason they treat Arena differently than GA or TW. The Arenas have a huge influence on the in game economy. If CG wants to "encourage" the meta (seems hard to deny) it doesn't seem to far fetched to think it's part of their methods for managing the economy. GA and TW have no such influence so it's not surprising to me they are more lenient with these types of unexpected interactions.

I think the Geonosians are still fine for GA. If I set them as a defensive team (and I do) at G12 (not there yet) I'd be overjoyed if my opponent used Jawas. It's not a guaranteed victory (high risk) and it's not a clean victory since most Jawas die (low reward). I'll never use Jawas against a well geared Geonosian defense in GA. I'll use a team that can counter them with fewer casualties.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    I bet the nerf this as soon as the new ls geo tb comes out if they have geos battling in any of the missions.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    I bet the nerf this as soon as the new ls geo tb comes out if they have geos battling in any of the missions.

Pve versions of toons are different than what we have, it won't work there like in pvp...and waves. But if it does, great! Then everyone and their mother will gear jawas too.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see the big deal with them letting the jawas alone. Your not gonna get the full banners in GA anyway and that's if you can pull it off but wasnt the whole reason to gearing geos for geo Tb anyway. They just happened to work good on defense in grand arena
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    You can literally bathe in whale tears up here
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    I dont see the big deal with them letting the jawas alone. Your not gonna get the full banners in GA anyway and that's if you can pull it off but wasnt the whole reason to gearing geos for geo Tb anyway. They just happened to work good on defense in grand arena

The big deal . Is they are "fixing" stuff that was not broken ie palpatine counter to dr/malak team . Which was not a bug. And not fixing this bug . Which is greatly going to affect every mass assist team in the game. This bug will affect not only the geos but clones , bounty hunters, troopers, nightsisters jedi knight raven, padme/gr , Any team with c3po, hermit Yoda.