Developer Q&A - 8/1

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Can we get the dislike button back on the official forums?

Did we actually have one of those?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Is there any plan to allow for mod "equalization"? Pretty much every meta (and GAC) is somewhat supported by speed mods (normally not as dependent as the current one) and what mods you have is completely random.

I have puchased a ton of mods and leveled them up, but I still feel I'm behind on "getting the lucky mods".

Are there any plans to balance mods? or do we just need to hope for better rng?
  • Wampa
    53 posts Member
    Mk5 stun guns? so rare now!!! used to be 1 complete every 2 weeks now its more like 4 weeks.. Why?
  • MIGHTYMEGATRON
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    How come after reworking more than a dozen sepratists, reworking 5 clones is to much to ask for? The dev team can't possibly think that the current clones are good enough as is.
    Are the reworked clones going to be good enough to get that team through at least a couple phase sin the next TB?

Sorry that's unclear. As is (unless the new TB is halariously easy) the current clones will be slaughtered by any of the reworked sepratist squads. Even with shaak Ti they would still need crazy RNG and insane luck to get through one wave of bugs or a GG fight. Are the 2 or 3 clones you rework going to be strong in (in combination with shaak Ti and the other clones) to at least stand a chance against the new sepratist squads? Or are we going to be stuck waiting for our new characters to be good enough to make any progress in these battles?
    Post edited by MIGHTYMEGATRON on
  • When is the next famous Crumb puzzle🤞🏻
  • in-guild sandbox mode please ... even with crystal refreshes like arena
  • Raids! Raids! We need more Raids! Approximately when will we get a new Raid to work on?!

• Oh another question, next Darth Revan event?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Are Jedi GR getting reworked in preparation for LS TB?

It’s safe to assume yes but the road ahead never hinted or alluded to it
  • AtreiNero wrote: »
    Oh another question, next Darth Revan event?

Not soon.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    looks like the vocal minority wins the cross division matchup nonsense.....

KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ships. We need a road ahead for ships. We need a new cap ship that’s not locked up for 3-4 months behind a TB!

This. Ships desperately need more attention and it's really disappointing that when a new capital ship is finally released after 2 years it's locked behind a new currency, from a new TB, that many guilds aren't able to even partake in due to their GP being too low. Will the new Sep capital ship have to be unlocked the same way or can we expect something different?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Just to counter those who may flood this with GAC complaints - I like it. I'm a bang average FTP ( ie DR 2nd time round, no Malak), and I win around 2/3 each time. I think with my roster that's about right - I'm careful with my planning so perhaps ahead of other F2P (but not all), but statistically I'm going to come up against those who pay, as well as those who are just better.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Can we get a notice of what’s in store every month like Carrie promised in April? Are Jedi GR getting reworked in preparation for LS TB

It’s safe to assume yes but the road ahead never hinted or alluded to it

Seconded
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Can we get the dislike button back on the official forums?

Did we actually have one of those?
    Yes but they removed it because devs were heavily disliked on controversial announcements (imagine like to dislike ratio on announcing kyrotechs the day before DR release)

They should disable dislike for CG staff
    kjyftjxdg wrote: »
    When is the next famous Crumb puzzle🤞🏻
    THIS
  • ...Some older toons are not available in any store. Baze for example. Since he and most of these older toons are not meta, is there a possibility that the energy requirements to farm them could be lowered (again, the ones NOT found in any store)?
    Baze has been in the Guild Events Store. That store (like the Guild Store) has characters and gear rotate in and out of it. I'm not aware of any toons ever being removed from a store after being added to it (although I would guess that the commonality of a character's or gear piece's appearance in a store probably has). Baze is also farmable elsewhere.
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Stores. Now that Carrie is gone, any chance to update the stores??
  • Will the GAC rewards(per round, per event & per CAC) improve once the Exhibition is done???
    Still seems lacking considering the time and effort we put into it
  • "Q: The new matchmaking really punishes someone who has focused their resources going deep into a few squads. Do you see this as a problem and plan to change it?

A: Tophat - No. We've structued GAC to reward roster depth and width. We believe the endgame is a test of someone's collection."

Half of the people at the top of Div 1, have relatively janky rosters. They only got there because they had easy matches.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    THAT'S IS BUDDY !!!!! MY g12 Bistan carrying more weight than their G13 malak and GG and DR....

GREAT IDEA no it's a HORRIBLE idea..

Q: Are there plans to add more weight to G13 in matchmaking?
    A: Tophat - We've actually talked about making G12 carry more Galactic Power, so that it can better discriminate overall power in a collection better. We've been doing math at it for a bit, verdict is still out if this does the thing we want it to. We're investigating, but we're trying to take measured small steps - we don't want to throw a huge wrench into match making that we know a number of players are already sensitive to.

most ridiculous thing I ever EVER HEARD
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Topic: GAC

Any chance we can see the total number of players in each league? Just a number, such as, there are a total of 5000 Players in Chromium League in Division 1

Would be nice to see how many players are progressing outside the top 50 and during the review period where the spread is
  • ...Some older toons are not available in any store. Baze for example. Since he and most of these older toons are not meta, is there a possibility that the energy requirements to farm them could be lowered (again, the ones NOT found in any store)?
    Baze has been in the Guild Events Store. That store (like the Guild Store) has characters and gear rotate in and out of it. I'm not aware of any toons ever being removed from a store after being added to it (although I would guess that the commonality of a character's or gear piece's appearance in a store probably has). Baze is also farmable elsewhere.

Baze was removed from that store. I was lucky and farmed him before that, but others weren't so lucky.
  • Can you start displaying events in the order that they start? It's annoying to me scrolling through them all and looking at what starts on this day.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • TorinKage
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    With respect to matchmaking in the Grand Arena Championships, there is an issue that you are not directly addressing in the Q&A. Although matching up people based on similar collections will yield closer matchups and might be more fun in the long run, it also renders any sort of leaderboard or global ranking system meaningless. Those with the strongest collection within a division will never cluster near the top of the division rankings because they will have to constantly face each other.
  • How will the new beta testers get notified ?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    This Q&A literally needs to STOP until TOPHAT explains why they want G12 Bistan to carry EVEN MORE weight than the G13 malaks, DR's and GG's....

seriously.... this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.... and they want to give that G12 BISTAN MORE WEIGHT......

my head is going to explode
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    THAT'S IS BUDDY !!!!! MY g12 Bistan carrying more weight than their G13 malak and GG and DR....

GREAT IDEA no it's a HORRIBLE idea..

Q: Are there plans to add more weight to G13 in matchmaking?
    A: Tophat - We've actually talked about making G12 carry more Galactic Power, so that it can better discriminate overall power in a collection better. We've been doing math at it for a bit, verdict is still out if this does the thing we want it to. We're investigating, but we're trying to take measured small steps - we don't want to throw a huge wrench into match making that we know a number of players are already sensitive to.

most ridiculous thing I ever EVER HEARD

Err pretty sure you are misunderstanding what they are saying. They aren't saying they want G12 to be more than G13 just that they want G12 and above to be more than it is right now.
  • Will the Raidtickets ever be part of the public player profile so we can use them in tool making?
  • Topic: General
    Are there any plans to add some kind of Princess Leia tribute icon for Carrie Fisher, in a way as it has been done for Peter Mayhew?
This discussion has been closed.