Developer Q&A - 8/1

Replies

• When will Jar Jar Binks come to the holotables?!
  • If GA is about who has the better collection, then why do you only weight the top characters?
  • Is any consideration being given to merging arena or fleet shards and/or allowing players to switch to a different shard of a similar age?
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    If GA is about who has the better collection, then why do you only weight the top characters?

@CG_TopHat It would be great if you could address this. Seems to contradict your statements
  • Can you add a sort-by-alphabetical in the manage section of the guild page please?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......
  • they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......

seems that way
  • How will iconic items work?
  • Can you share anything else about the iconic items that were described in the road ahead? Many of my guildmates and I fear an additional level of investment and progression on top of the brand new G13 that will only worsen the farming grind and power disparity. Props for finding a use for all those thousands of unused gear pieces though!!
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......

seems that way

"MM is to see who has the best roster.... but we will only match the top 60-80 toons so our superkrakens can have easy battles"
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Now that g12+ is farmable on fleet and available in shard store, any plans on expanding the top 10 rewards to top 25 or beyond?
  • Are the recently reduced prices for some G12 pieces and energy for fleet battles is only temporary? or is it a permanent change?
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......

seems that way

"MM is to see who has the best roster.... but we will only match the top 60-80 toons so our superkrakens can have easy battles"

really it comes down to FUPU. should be in the mission statement.
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »

seems that way

really it comes down to FUPU. should be in the mission statement.

What is FUPU?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Will the feats be adjusted to your division in the future? E.g. it's way harder to get 12 first try victories out of 12 fights than out of 24...
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Question -- Is the Team at CG working on more playable content outside of the current 4 major game modes (TB, TW, Raid, GAC), so not just character progression (i.e. Leveling HYoda's stick). If so, can you elaborate on any of it in a meaningful way?
  • We've been told that there are no plans to add characters to the old stores. With Carrie leaving the team, are there any plans to revisit this decision? It would be real nice to have 2-year-old mostly irrelevant characters in a hard node slot moved to GW store or the like. Thank you.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: Communication

Q: The Road Ahead is usually a long post about the next quarter of SWGoH but this recent one was much shorter. Why did it change and is there more to announce in the next 3 months? Would you consider smaller, more frequent updates instead of a big Road Ahead every few months?
    • A: Erik -The Road Ahead is usually a long post about the next quarter of SWGoH but this recent one was much shorter. Why did it change and is there more to announce in the next 3 months? Would you consider smaller, more frequent updates instead of a big Road Ahead every few months? "The Road Ahead has evolved a bit over time in terms on it's purpose and the timing. We've been working to refine the purpose of the Road Ahead and how it fits into the bigger picture of communications and content roll out from the team for a while.

We typically look at a quarter's worth of content at time with the major update coming sometime toward the end of the 2nd month, beginning of the 3rd month. Characters, ships, and events fill up the majority of the rest of the quarter.

Here's what the cadence will generally look like moving forward:
      Month 1: Road Ahead
      Month 2: State of the Galaxy
      Month 3: State of the Galaxy

Road Ahead: Moving forward, the Road Ahead will set up a outline of the journey we'll go on over the course of the next three months. We're trying to set up the narrative, recall iconic moments from Star Wars history that you'll be able to relive in the future, and as many of you have noticed, drop hints about what's upcoming. We know it's not as much ""red meat"" upfront, however, as rather than a few monolithic posts, we're trying to break down these topics over time and foster more conversation. Moving these details out of the Road Ahead and into the day-to-day communication should open up more opportunities for us to have conversation with you.

State of the Galaxy: This is a monthly check-in for the non-Road Ahead months. We acknowledge that often times our communication is largely announcements, and not as conversational, and we've seen frustration lately that it doesn't feel like we're actively listening. The State of the Galaxy will be at least one time per month that we'll pause, talk about the major issues that we're hearing from the community, and talk about what we're planning to do. This is a new format, so it might change a bit over time, but that's what we're thinking right now.

Following each of these posts, we'll release a survey and ask for your questions, and will hold a Dev Q&A a few days later. We're also talking about evolving what these Q&As look like, maybe it's fewer people, more focused on specific topics. Perhaps we try out a Reddit AMA, live stream, etc in the future.
    • A: Crumb - We need to have more regularly schedule updates for the community. While the Road Ahead will remain a quarterly look forward, we also are planning to do a smaller monthly version that covers our top goals, concerns, and plans for the next 4 weeks. I'm hoping this can be a good area to discuss what issues we are working on and which community concerns we will address in the near term. We also need to dedicate more resources to regular non-campaign related communication. A ton of my day is taken up hunting down

Q: Back in April CG_SBCrumb released a kit for Carbonite Han, when will we see his release in game?
    • A: Crumb - Currently slated for 4/1/2020

Q: "At Capital Games we share one computer. Today is Caley's turn and he couldn't be happier." has been a running gag within the community, but what does this actually mean? What does Caley actually do at Capital Games?
    • A: Crumb - The joke comes from a line on our official website. Someone sent Caley a screenshot with that caption when the site first went up. It got passed around the office and then mysteriously appeared on the website... Hilariously, that shot is just Caley running his daily stand ups and not staged despite looking incredibly like it was setup. As for Caley, he's an awesome Development Director on SWGoH who enjoys Minecraft, Star Wars, his dogs, long walks on the beach and Minecraft. He also despises how much of a celebrity he's become so I take every opportunity to mention him publicly when I can.
      Proof he has his own laptop:
      u7n4t8xr3hfz.jpg

Q: When are the next puzzles coming? They really seem to bring the community together, and gives us something fun to look forward to!
    • A: Crumb - I can't tell you when a puzzle is coming, that would be against the spirit of the whole thing :P Keep your eyes peeled

This is cool and all. But I’ve been hearing the same thing for 3 years. I don’t believe you. And I’m not being snarky or anything. I just rather not even have a communication topic here anymore. It ll never happen.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Now that g12+ is farmable on fleet and available in shard store, any plans on expanding the top 10 rewards to top 25 or beyond?

Good qs
  • FUPU 4lyfe
  • Endgame PvE:

It seems like we have a nice endgame PvP system now in GAC, and we do have some great guild based challenges (in raids and TB/TW), but I feel like we are lacking some sort of endgame PvE content that focuses only on a single player experience.

Thinking back, I really enjoyed playing through the Ligh-Side/Dark-Side campaign and I wish there would be something I can shoot for in that regard. Maybe some sort of system where you have a week time to progress through very difficult PvE content, where each character can only be used for one battle each day, or each „node“ can only be completed by characters with a specific tag?

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Have a nice day and keep up the great work!
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Are there any plans to address the dominance of the speed stat in PVP? Obviously some randomness on mods is fine, but as things currently stand, having a whole pile of 20+ speed mods grants an absurd advantage, particularly in Squad Arena but also to a lesser extent in Grand Arena. It feels pretty crappy to farm 50 mods and throw away 45 of them because they didn't roll a speed stat.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• eviloce
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    When will we be able to SIM hAAT raid?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Simple question:
    G13 upgrade being worth 210 GP and Matchmaking. Do you have any plans to resolve disrapencies on this front in future improvements?

This is an emerging and very significant problem as there are already people who has past 40 g13s and ones that are getting their first few with an otherwise comparable rosters. A few months down the line some will have past 100 g13s and some will be still in single digits. A 100 g13 roster merely gets 21k GP for it, equivalent of 10 zetas.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Simple question:
    G13 upgrade being worth 210 GP and Matchmaking. Do you have any plans to resolve disrapencies on this front in future improvements?

This is an emerging and very significant problem as there are already people who has past 40 g13s and ones that are getting their first few with an otherwise comparable rosters. A few months down the line some will have past 100 g13s and some will be still in single digits. A 100 g13 roster merely gets 21k GP for it, equivalent of 10 zetas.

no they want to make your G12's worth more so there is an even BIGGER GAP
  • Hi all
    Will there be a PvE mode where we can play with our wider rosters. There are some great teams and synergy within the game but it seems there is nowhere to enjoy them. For example, I geared and zeta’d Death trooper and krennic +other empire toons and I enjoy using that team but against PvP they’re absolutely useless. An upgraded galactic war maybe?
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Simple question:

This is their way to monetize it. It's just that simple. G13 is a huge advantage and doesn't push you to face significantly larger accounts

FUPU 4lyfe
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I hope Caley pops in to answer some questions or interact with the community during the next puzzle
  • Question -- GAC will CG expand the division rewards brackets past lumping everyone 501+ into the same reward group.

I'm not sure how many people are in a division (and this would be good to know) but if you know you're not going to reach the top 500 then this demotivates players from participating at all. Where as if there were additional brackets say 500 - 1000, 1000 - 2000, etc... people may not try to sabotage other players by simply setting a single defense, so they could reach the next bracket or at least maintain their current position.
  • Is @CG_CapGaSP still around ? Miss that dude!
This discussion has been closed.