Developer Q&A - 8/1

Replies

  • When will Jar Jar Binks come to the holotables?!
  • If GA is about who has the better collection, then why do you only weight the top characters?
  • Is any consideration being given to merging arena or fleet shards and/or allowing players to switch to a different shard of a similar age?
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    If GA is about who has the better collection, then why do you only weight the top characters?

    @CG_TopHat It would be great if you could address this. Seems to contradict your statements
  • Can you add a sort-by-alphabetical in the manage section of the guild page please?
  • they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......
  • they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......

    seems that way
  • How will iconic items work?
  • Can you share anything else about the iconic items that were described in the road ahead? Many of my guildmates and I fear an additional level of investment and progression on top of the brand new G13 that will only worsen the farming grind and power disparity. Props for finding a use for all those thousands of unused gear pieces though!!
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......

    seems that way

    "MM is to see who has the best roster.... but we will only match the top 60-80 toons so our superkrakens can have easy battles"
  • Ultra
    3385 posts Member
    Now that g12+ is farmable on fleet and available in shard store, any plans on expanding the top 10 rewards to top 25 or beyond?
  • Are the recently reduced prices for some G12 pieces and energy for fleet battles is only temporary? or is it a permanent change?
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......

    seems that way

    "MM is to see who has the best roster.... but we will only match the top 60-80 toons so our superkrakens can have easy battles"

    really it comes down to FUPU. should be in the mission statement.
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    they don’t seem to be as concerned about the matchmaking as a large portion of the player base does......

    seems that way

    "MM is to see who has the best roster.... but we will only match the top 60-80 toons so our superkrakens can have easy battles"

    really it comes down to FUPU. should be in the mission statement.

    What is FUPU?
  • Will the feats be adjusted to your division in the future? E.g. it's way harder to get 12 first try victories out of 12 fights than out of 24...
  • Dar_Penthar
    304 posts Member
    edited August 1
    Question -- Is the Team at CG working on more playable content outside of the current 4 major game modes (TB, TW, Raid, GAC), so not just character progression (i.e. Leveling HYoda's stick). If so, can you elaborate on any of it in a meaningful way?
  • We've been told that there are no plans to add characters to the old stores. With Carrie leaving the team, are there any plans to revisit this decision? It would be real nice to have 2-year-old mostly irrelevant characters in a hard node slot moved to GW store or the like. Thank you.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Now that g12+ is farmable on fleet and available in shard store, any plans on expanding the top 10 rewards to top 25 or beyond?

    Good qs
  • FUPU 4lyfe
  • Endgame PvE:

    It seems like we have a nice endgame PvP system now in GAC, and we do have some great guild based challenges (in raids and TB/TW), but I feel like we are lacking some sort of endgame PvE content that focuses only on a single player experience.

    Thinking back, I really enjoyed playing through the Ligh-Side/Dark-Side campaign and I wish there would be something I can shoot for in that regard. Maybe some sort of system where you have a week time to progress through very difficult PvE content, where each character can only be used for one battle each day, or each „node“ can only be completed by characters with a specific tag?

    Just throwing some ideas out there.

    Have a nice day and keep up the great work!
  • Jarvind
    2249 posts Member
    Are there any plans to address the dominance of the speed stat in PVP? Obviously some randomness on mods is fine, but as things currently stand, having a whole pile of 20+ speed mods grants an absurd advantage, particularly in Squad Arena but also to a lesser extent in Grand Arena. It feels pretty crappy to farm 50 mods and throw away 45 of them because they didn't roll a speed stat.
  • eviloce
    22 posts Member
    edited August 1
    When will we be able to SIM hAAT raid?
  • No_Try
    3387 posts Member
    Simple question:
    G13 upgrade being worth 210 GP and Matchmaking. Do you have any plans to resolve disrapencies on this front in future improvements?

    This is an emerging and very significant problem as there are already people who has past 40 g13s and ones that are getting their first few with an otherwise comparable rosters. A few months down the line some will have past 100 g13s and some will be still in single digits. A 100 g13 roster merely gets 21k GP for it, equivalent of 10 zetas.
  • Dk_rek
    3119 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Simple question:
    G13 upgrade being worth 210 GP and Matchmaking. Do you have any plans to resolve disrapencies on this front in future improvements?

    This is an emerging and very significant problem as there are already people who has past 40 g13s and ones that are getting their first few with an otherwise comparable rosters. A few months down the line some will have past 100 g13s and some will be still in single digits. A 100 g13 roster merely gets 21k GP for it, equivalent of 10 zetas.

    no they want to make your G12's worth more so there is an even BIGGER GAP
  • Hi all
    Will there be a PvE mode where we can play with our wider rosters. There are some great teams and synergy within the game but it seems there is nowhere to enjoy them. For example, I geared and zeta’d Death trooper and krennic +other empire toons and I enjoy using that team but against PvP they’re absolutely useless. An upgraded galactic war maybe?
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Simple question:
    G13 upgrade being worth 210 GP and Matchmaking. Do you have any plans to resolve disrapencies on this front in future improvements?

    This is an emerging and very significant problem as there are already people who has past 40 g13s and ones that are getting their first few with an otherwise comparable rosters. A few months down the line some will have past 100 g13s and some will be still in single digits. A 100 g13 roster merely gets 21k GP for it, equivalent of 10 zetas.

    This is their way to monetize it. It's just that simple. G13 is a huge advantage and doesn't push you to face significantly larger accounts

    FUPU 4lyfe
  • Ultra
    3385 posts Member
    I hope Caley pops in to answer some questions or interact with the community during the next puzzle
  • Question -- GAC will CG expand the division rewards brackets past lumping everyone 501+ into the same reward group.

    I'm not sure how many people are in a division (and this would be good to know) but if you know you're not going to reach the top 500 then this demotivates players from participating at all. Where as if there were additional brackets say 500 - 1000, 1000 - 2000, etc... people may not try to sabotage other players by simply setting a single defense, so they could reach the next bracket or at least maintain their current position.
  • Is @CG_CapGaSP still around ? Miss that dude!
This discussion has been closed.