Kyros should be 700 for 50 not 25.

Prev13
When you take into account that every character in the game needs at least 100 for their g13 finisher and pretty much every new character now needs them, which makes them compete with the finishers I think 1400 for 59 is too expensive

Replies

• Options
    Get the credit card out!
  • Options
    Get the credit card out!

The math just doesn't add up, even if you exclusively saved crystals just for the kyros it would take a stupid amount of time to get most characters to g13, and then you need to consider all new characters from Revan and on will require them as low as g8. This is just too much man
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Get the credit card out!

The math just doesn't add up, even if you exclusively saved crystals just for the kyros it would take a stupid amount of time to get most characters to g13, and then you need to consider all new characters from Revan and on will require them as low as g8. This is just too much man

What do you mean, "the math doesn't add up." How does the math not add up?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I put all hard farms on hold and use my green energy only and have gathered quite a few in the last week. Actually surprised me why I waited so long to do it instead of using 700 crystals every other day.

You found farming was better? I use crystals...
  • Options
    Farm them for 50 crystals x3 a day. If you need 25-50 before a lock in like TW or GAC, for a good character, spend the crystals. These are basically the two scenarios most players should be in.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Get the credit card out!

You aren’t supposed to get all characters to g13 in a reasonable amount of time. That’s not how the game works. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Get the credit card out!

You aren’t supposed to get all characters to g13 in a reasonable amount of time. That’s not how the game works. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Even if they reduced it to 700 it would still take a very long time, probably longer than the game would be around, 1500 simply makes it ludicrous and despairing.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Get the credit card out!

Even if they reduced it to 700 it would still take a very long time, probably longer than the game would be around, 1500 simply makes it ludicrous and despairing.

Yet so many have done it
  • Options
    You aren’t supposed to get all characters to g13 in a reasonable amount of time.
    while this is true, u need a lot of characters g13 to beat geo and soon clones tb and most characters needed for new legendary/mythic/journey events will need g13 too :D while last 2 years u could be on top with pretty much f2p roster if u were getting 1st in arenas or only as a little spender (iirc only one or two crystal chest was everything i needed to get JKR second time and DR/Malak first time), it looks like only whales will get the all new shiny toons from new events the first time around from now on.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I think patek philippe should sell cheaper watches...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Wow, do I actually see people wanting to keep this game harder...what’s wrong with you guys! Now they more than likely aren’t gonna change the cost any time soon, but don’t act like it’s a good thing to have that price!

In a game of resource management, I like being rewarded for my ability to manage my resources.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The easier it is for me to get something, the easier it is for my opponent too. The only difference is that they can outspend me. So, no thanks, I'd actually like them to increase the g13 cost and decrease <g11.
  • Options
    ReveNCZ wrote: »
    You aren’t supposed to get all characters to g13 in a reasonable amount of time.
    while this is true, u need a lot of characters g13 to beat geo and soon clones tb and most characters needed for new legendary/mythic/journey events will need g13 too :D while last 2 years u could be on top with pretty much f2p roster if u were getting 1st in arenas or only as a little spender (iirc only one or two crystal chest was everything i needed to get JKR second time and DR/Malak first time), it looks like only whales will get the all new shiny toons from new events the first time around from now on.

As I'd prefer.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Wow, do I actually see people wanting to keep this game harder...what’s wrong with you guys! Now they more than likely aren’t gonna change the cost any time soon, but don’t act like it’s a good thing to have that price!

In a game of resource management, I like being rewarded for my ability to manage my resources.

All we have is you prancing around tellin ppl bout dat awersome abulity.

We need some pics or vids show off howwwwww ammmmmmmmazing you are to finally put to rest the debate

Is TFV biff tannen in the beginning or biff double coat tannen at the end

I say the end. Proof must be had of this boasting bards tales lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

We need some pics or vids show off howwwwww ammmmmmmmazing you are to finally put to rest the debate

he isn't complaining, that in itself is all the proof you need on a forum like this one.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Don’t act like it wouldn’t still be a long term resource management game even if they HALVED the crystal cost of everything in the game. That’s just a silly notion.

(I don’t have stake in this since I don’t place high in either arena or spend money, I’m just saying)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Lol someone’s salty
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Don’t act like it wouldn’t still be a long term resource management game even if they HALVED the crystal cost of everything in the game. That’s just a silly notion.

(I don’t have stake in this since I don’t place high in either arena or spend money, I’m just saying)

Easing the bottleneck reduces my advantage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    You're asking a EA to make an item everybody needs cheaper?

ow3z1mnt4tqi.gif
  • Options

If you are the top player in a mid tier guild you would be getting top 3 in Sith raids all the time. Couple that with good resource management and you can do well in this game.

Income might drop off a bit in fleet arena if the negotiator is a game changer but even guilds getting 20-24 stars should only be a month or so behind the big players (30+ stars)
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Let's make a deal. We'll give you proof once you start proofreading your comments
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Get the credit card out!

There are f2p players (or at least people that have been f2p for a couple years) that can finish first in both arenas. 700 is almost one a day (presuming several refreshes for things) 1400 - even if you need to get 2, takes less than a week. Even if you can only finish at the top of one and not both, that's 1 every other day.

Hardly ludicrous or despairing.

I find it much better than the days of hoping g12+ gear would drop in HSith. That was ludicrous and despairing - especially if you were in a strong guild. g12 "finishers" are actually quite manageable.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    There are f2p players (or at least people that have been f2p for a couple years) that can finish first in both arenas. 700 is almost one a day (presuming several refreshes for things) 1400 - even if you need to get 2, takes less than a week. Even if you can only finish at the top of one and not both, that's 1 every other day.

Not sure why this forum repeatedly insists on using 1st place rewards as a baseline for the speed of progression in this game. Saying the crystal costs are fine now is one thing, but saying they’re fine because the top .001% of players can afford gear pieces at a reasonable speed just makes no sense.
  • Options

Not sure why this forum repeatedly insists on using 1st place rewards as a baseline for the speed of progression in this game. Saying the crystal costs are fine now is one thing, but saying they’re fine because the top .001% of players can afford gear pieces at a reasonable speed just makes no sense.

Because all the CG wannabes like to make excuses for CG.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Man, you are really salty today
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I love this place. I can get called a shill and a CG wannabe one day and a hater and complainer just q few hours later.

I used 1st place finish as the baseline for several reasons. First (pun fully intended) most active players - the ones on the forums can finish near the top. Maybe not every meta, but consistently enough.

Second, the .001% is really strong hyperbole. There are more than 24 payout slots in each arena. Each arena is populated by a maximum of 20k players, a significant number of whom don't play daily if they didn't quit already.

Third, if you can finish in the top 50, you can probably finish first (or at least in the top 5). On most shards, there is very little difference inside the top 50. I didn't believe it either. Just for fun, after I had been playing for 5 months, and climbing into the top 100, I decided to try something. I refreshed and moved into the top 50. Then the next day, refreshed again, pushed into the top 20. Then the third day, refreshed and finished 1st. I haven't spent any money on this have in over two years. I finished first in both arenas today.

Finally, you don't need to finish first everyday - just consistently place near the top and you can progress fairly quickly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I used 1st place finish as the baseline for several reasons. First (pun fully intended) most active players - the ones on the forums can finish near the top. Maybe not every meta, but consistently enough.

Second, the .001% is really strong hyperbole. There are more than 24 payout slots in each arena. Each arena is populated by a maximum of 20k players, a significant number of whom don't play daily if they didn't quit already

All fair points, though I think it’s a bit of stretch to say just because mobility in the top 50 is possible that everyone in the top 50 is even remotely likely to be attaining rank 1. My server’s top 5 literally haven’t been bumped for years.

Even if we say 50th is basically the same as 1st, and give a pretty conservative estimate that there’s only 2,000 active players per server, we’re still only talking 1 in 40 people or 2.5% of the population.

Such a baseline might be accurate on the forums, but I wouldn’t use it to analyze the state of the game as a whole.