Savage Opress should not get Offense up constantly

Prev1
2Milly_htowm
215 posts Member
edited March 2016
So savage is a tank. High health, some decent abilities, good speed, but some might say he has subpar damage. Well, unfortunatley, ur wrong if u say his damage is sub par. Whenever savage takes damage, he gets offense and defense up for one turn. So if u use any AOE early, hes gonna get right off the bat.

Without Off up, he will hit mid 2500s. With Off up, he will klobber u with 3500-3800 damage, and on a crit he deals at least 6000 damage.

At the begining and towards the middle-end he kind of has to be attacked, weather through AOE or target because u need to take care of him second to last. Basically if u dont have ur full team at full health he will destory u.

He will generate turn meter, crits and high damage. He has single handedly won plenty of fights against me in 3v1 or 4v1 situtations. At that damage and that level of health, it just doesnt make sense. I mean, its not even strategy at that point, u just tap ur attack button and special when its ready and hope RNG is on ur side

Theyre are 3 stats that matter in this game:

Speed, damage health.

When u attack savage, which u will at some point, he gains access to superiority in all three of these stats. Imagine GS with 16K health.

Just saying when he has his offense and Defense up he is OP (yes i said it)

And for all who think u have a suggestion, heres what ive tried already:

-Stunning wont work because of shittty RNG
-saving him for last or 2nd last
-Inflicting speed down
-defensive penetration
-offense up
-defense up

I mean with my team there is just not much else to do.

To all who say he stinks, u must be high

Replies

• Options
    He stinks in the arena, don't even have to worry about him

FYI, not high
  • Options
    He is perfectly balanced now. He is also slightly viable in arena.

He needed that buff, a lot.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    He isn't hard to beat at all. Don't open up with Sid AoE. Kill everyone else then kill him. He shouldn't get to ma y attacks 3-5 v 1
  • Options
    Who's your team?
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    He's not op at all. What you need is a fast dps to kill him before he gets his turn. Or you can use qgj's humbling blow to get free offense up for your team.
  • Options
    I love using him in arena
  • Options
    Who's your team?
    Brom wrote: »
    He's not op at all. What you need is a fast dps to kill him before he gets his turn. Or you can use qgj's humbling blow to get free offense up for your team.

Dont have quigon, i got a rebel team.
    Luke, AA, HRscout, lumi, sid, and SThan will replace sid once hes 6*
  • Options

Dont have quigon, i got a rebel team.
    Luke, AA, HRscout, lumi, sid, and SThan will replace sid once hes 6*

I play rebels and handle teams with him pretty well. He takes a while to kill, so yeah 2nd to or last. Not sure if you've just gotten unlucky or what. I've got ST Han already, though, and use GS instead of Luke.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    So you found out that AOE is a bad strategy against him. You're faced with two choices:

1) change your strategy
    2) cry for nerf

You chose the lesser path.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    So you found out that AOE is a bad strategy against him. You're faced with two choices:

1) change your strategy
    2) cry for nerf

Thats not the root of the problem. The problem is i have to face him with at least 3 of my guys left if i want to win
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    OP, you've created nerf threads about Dooku, Daka, Phasma, and now Savage. By 2017 you'll have covered every toon in the game.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    OP, you've created nerf threads about Dooku, Daka, Phasma, and now Savage. By 2017 you'll have covered every toon in the game.

:D
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

1) change your strategy
    2) cry for nerf

Thats not the root of the problem. The problem is i have to face him with at least 3 of my guys left if i want to win

That's because your strategy is bad, or you're facing a Savage that's higher leveled/geared/starred than your toons. I face Savage all the time and he never gives me any big trouble.
  • Options
    I had qgj sid lumi Savage Op Kylo line about 1 month and got rank 1 all days in january where meta wasn't so popular.I have to admit Opress is a bit tricky in paper,seems op but if u leave him alone to the end ,he is just low dmg dealer creep nothing special. If he gets taunt and turn metter manipulation then I d agree he would be very op.He is right now is like Obi Wan in a cripple mod nothing less nothing more...
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    If anything he needs a buff, or at least a leader ability that gives sith's extra speed

[SöD]
  • Options
    Attack him last, don't use AoE early.

There has to be toons with skills like his to bring some strategy to the game. Him, Dooku, Kylo, etc.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Of all the characters to complain about savage is not one worthy of complaining
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There are a number of strategies you could use to counter him. Like most characters, there is no cookie-cutter approach to victory. You have to be flexible and think on your feet. Here's a few that I thought of while waiting for the servers to come back up:

- Attack him last and heal through his mid-range damage.
    - Don't use AoE unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences.
    - Stun him.
    - Use QGJ's third attack that gives your team offense up. It can trigger off an unbuffed Savage due to the order in which the game currently stacks damage and debuff calculations.
    - Ability block him to force him to use his basic.
    - Slow him to give you enough time to kill him.
    - Increase your own team's speed to kill him quickly.
    - Taunt with a tank character.
    - Use Yoda's foresight/buff share abilities to guarantee a dodge.
    - Put Lumi as your leader to increase the chances of a dodge.
    - Use two/three healers to offset his damage.

I'm sure there are a lot more ways people have dispatched him. Part of playing this game is understanding how each character works and realizing that they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some characters are better in different situations, and some characters admittedly need some desperate retooling (looking at you Plo).
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    He needs an AOE that applies a debuff, or speed enhancing special, or add 50% turn meter on Overpower killing blow. Something that makes him ... actually scary.
  • Options
    He is an attacker not a tank fyi
  • Options
    VIII wrote: »
    If anything he needs a buff, or at least a leader ability that gives sith's extra speed

[SöD]
    VIII wrote: »

[SöD]

I like this ideal. Everyone knows defense is useless
  • Natok205
    156 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thought I heard it all folks, oppress overpowered? I see him in GW sometimes, save for last, gun him down. He might get 1-2 attacks before he is toast. Now if you have wounded chars in the danger zone he can kill in 1 hit.......so can most f'ing toons. Have you seen buffed Rey? There you have a borderline on the fence OP wrecking ball. Not oppress, not even close. Free tip, Luke is the fail. Haven't seen him on anyone's lineup in a long time. Sorry u * him up. Cut your losses and cantina farm a better toon, bariss if your having trouble in GW, dooku for pvp.
  • Options
    So you say he's powerful when you play into his strengths? Say it ain't so!
  • Options

1) change your strategy
    2) cry for nerf

you need to use better guys then. I use savage, but only until I can replace him. He is a powerful tank, but he is slow as hell.
  • Options
    LOL, this is probably the first "Savage is OP" thread ever. You've got to be kidding me. Savage was one of my first 7* ever, way before he was even updated. He's never been OP. At most now he is "solid." He doesn't excel at anything in particular, but doesn't lack too much either. How many arena teams do you see him in? I'm one of maybe two on my server's top 100, and the only one consistently in top 10 (or 1) that has ever used him.
  • Options
    Have some one attack him then have Yoda steal it and give it to the entire team BAM take his butt out.
  • Options
    So savage is a tank. High health, some decent abilities, good speed, but some might say he has subpar damage. Well, unfortunatley, ur wrong if u say his damage is sub par. Whenever savage takes damage, he gets offense and defense up for one turn. So if u use any AOE early, hes gonna get right off the bat.

Without Off up, he will hit mid 2500s. With Off up, he will klobber u with 3500-3800 damage, and on a crit he deals at least 6000 damage.

At the begining and towards the middle-end he kind of has to be attacked, weather through AOE or target because u need to take care of him second to last. Basically if u dont have ur full team at full health he will destory u.

He will generate turn meter, crits and high damage. He has single handedly won plenty of fights against me in 3v1 or 4v1 situtations. At that damage and that level of health, it just doesnt make sense. I mean, its not even strategy at that point, u just tap ur attack button and special when its ready and hope RNG is on ur side

Theyre are 3 stats that matter in this game:

Speed, damage health.

When u attack savage, which u will at some point, he gains access to superiority in all three of these stats. Imagine GS with 16K health.

Just saying when he has his offense and Defense up he is OP (yes i said it)

And for all who think u have a suggestion, heres what ive tried already:

-Stunning wont work because of shittty RNG
    -saving him for last or 2nd last
    -Inflicting speed down
    -defensive penetration
    -offense up
    -defense up

I mean with my team there is just not much else to do.

To all who say he stinks, u must be high

So bsed on what you've said
    - don't AOE unless you can stun him
    - when it's time to attack him focus him down at the start of his turn meter so he doesn't have a chance
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Lol, so now that CG has made him slightly viable in arena you feel the need to demand a nerf?

:D
  • Options
    Not OP. He is good. There's nothing wrong with being a good toon. I swear every time someone loses to a team they cry for a nerf of literally anything to make them feel better
  • Options
    The day he will cry for Ugnaught Nerf is the day this game will be perfect.