The Bossk/Jawa thing needs to end quickly

124Next

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    To my knowledge there has never been a problem with putting any five toons in a squad you want.

Also, better not use Anakin in P3 while you are at it.

But if putting a specific 5 toons into a squad allows you to exploit a bug, isn’t that a problem? We’ve already been reminded that exploiting bugs is not considered acceptable with the whole mod/roster lock thing. How is this any different?

What if instead of the thermal dets thing, someone found a random squad that for some reason when on defense caused the opponents UI to freeze up. Would you still be ok with using that squad?

Again, I don't see how this is any different than Anakin.

And me being ok with it and the devs being ok with it are two different topics.

Is Anakin a bug, or working as intended with unforeseen synergy? Those are two different things.

Same question with Bossk.
    Hi folks,
    Several players flagged an interaction between Bossk and Jawa Scavenger over the weekend and we are currently investigating. We may make changes to how this interaction presently works, but we need some time to review our best options to resolve this issue. As always, we will communicate our plans in advance if we decide to make any changes to these characters.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Since the kit specifically says “Whenever a *Jawa* ally takes damage” and the ability is triggering when a non-Jawa takes damage, that ability is not functioning as written.

There is nothing in the Anakin kit or interactions not functioning as written.

That’s the difference. You’re either being intentionally difficult or just dense.
  • Options

I’ve been looking for your outrage on other broken characters...say Nest for example because no one character should be able to wipe a synced squad of g12 toons by themself, right? I will continue to look through the forums for your post on all these other “broken” toons because it would be too simplistic to only talk about toons that negatively affect you.

You will not find unwarranted outrage like that from me. If a G13 zzBossk could beat them by himself, then I would be giving it the thumbs up. But when it takes a bug in the code to work, and then said bug allows undergeared and unmodded Jawas to win it will earn some ire. I hope you can see the difference.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Several players flagged an interaction between Bossk and Jawa Scavenger over the weekend and we are currently investigating. We may make changes to how this interaction presently works, but we need some time to review our best options to resolve this issue. As always, we will communicate our plans in advance if we decide to make any changes to these characters.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211585/bossk-jawa-interaction#latest

They are aware of this interaction and have not stated it is an exploit or that there would be any penalty for using that team in its current state. I'm not sure how this could cause any issues for anyone.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb any status on this from CG?
  • Options
    Wanted, Experienced coders!

Someone who doesn't just copy bad code and calls it fresh code.

• Options
    Hammerhed wrote: »
    Wanted, Experienced coders!

Someone who doesn't just copy bad code and calls it fresh code.

ytiwxfzu1j3s.png
  • Options
    Since the kit specifically says “Whenever a *Jawa* ally takes damage” and the ability is triggering when a non-Jawa takes damage, that ability is not functioning as written.

Actually it is functioning exactly as written, as has been mentioned previously, when a character is fighting with a team of Jawas they are a Jawa ally! People just need to embrace the joy of english and multiple interpretations.
  • Options
    To my knowledge there has never been a problem with putting any five toons in a squad you want.

But if putting a specific 5 toons into a squad allows you to exploit a bug, isn’t that a problem? We’ve already been reminded that exploiting bugs is not considered acceptable with the whole mod/roster lock thing. How is this any different?

What if instead of the thermal dets thing, someone found a random squad that for some reason when on defense caused the opponents UI to freeze up. Would you still be ok with using that squad?

Is Anakin a bug, or working as intended with unforeseen synergy? Those are two different things.

Anakin is working as intended but with unforeseen synergy that goes against all that they (cg) have been arguing for which is the infinite loop in raids thing.

Depending on how you read the jawa text, they jawas may or may not be working as intended, though i'm leaning towards not working as intended. How CG fixes it though is another question.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

Anakin is working as intended but with unforeseen synergy that goes against all that they (cg) have been arguing for which is the infinite loop in raids thing.

Depending on how you read the jawa text, they jawas may or may not be working as intended, though i'm leaning towards not working as intended. How CG fixes it though is another question.

If Traya gains tm and comes out of topple how is it an infinite loop?

Does infinite begin at 50 actions?

If bugs just attack 50 to 100 times before the jawa team acts does that mean the bugs have an infinite loop and need to be fixed?

Or is infinite loop defined by the amount if raid damage done?

We need to define these terms... people using infinite loop to describe a temporary limited time boost of turn meter or a raid team that scores well need to google Webster's before posting here.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Actually it is functioning exactly as written, as has been mentioned previously, when a character is fighting with a team of Jawas they are a Jawa ally! People just need to embrace the joy of english and multiple interpretations.

Except no other ability is worded that way. The ally wording convention is "any" meaning regardless of faction, affiliation, etc. or it names specific type(s) thereby excluding anyone not of the specified type (in this case, excluding any non-jawa). Nice try though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except no other ability is worded that way. The ally wording convention is "any" meaning regardless of faction, affiliation, etc. or it names specific type(s) thereby excluding anyone not of the specified type (in this case, excluding any non-jawa). Nice try though.

There are always exceptions just look at takes a bonus turn mechanic, they could get 100% tm and act now or gain 100% tm and act later depending on the character who gets the bonus turn.

Certainly jawa ally can mean any ally on jawa side and a jedi ally can mean an ally that is a jedi. This is just another way devs keep players on their toes and make sure we really understand the game mechanics.
  • Options
    Lol so now suddenly "jawa ally" means "any ally"? Lol.
  • Options
    Well are the jawas considered bounty hunter allies as well? I don't know for the english translation but in german bossks abilities use the same wording (kopfgeldjäger-verbündete = bountyhunter - ally), with one exception in the leader where it clearly says Kopfgeldjäger (bountyhunter)
  • Options
    Just want to say thanks CG! You have satisfied my desires with the changes to Jawa Scavenger. Well done, and nice explanation.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Fixing this would not be a nerf to Jawas. It would be correcting a bug.

Look, if those were G12 Jawas in that video I would be 100% cool with it. Then I would perhaps have the "go ahead and neuter your BH squad if you want to" outlook. Perhaps. But really, BH on D aren't that good anymore and always get 1 shot. So if taking Bossk out allows them to get 1 shot, then nothing has really changed.

5* and no mods though is junk.

Best counter is simply Traya and Sion. You don't need anyone else. I'm cool with that. I can strategize for that.

So, bad Jawas don't work. I went in just now with a g12.5 Bossk and 4 Jawas, all g9 or 10. I died.

Not that I think they shouldn't have fixed it, it's just not as easy as you tried to make it out to be.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Look, if those were G12 Jawas in that video I would be 100% cool with it. Then I would perhaps have the "go ahead and neuter your BH squad if you want to" outlook. Perhaps. But really, BH on D aren't that good anymore and always get 1 shot. So if taking Bossk out allows them to get 1 shot, then nothing has really changed.

Best counter is simply Traya and Sion. You don't need anyone else. I'm cool with that. I can strategize for that.

So, bad Jawas don't work. I went in just now with a g12.5 Bossk and 4 Jawas, all g9 or 10. I died.

Not that I think they shouldn't have fixed it, it's just not as easy as you tried to make it out to be.

Was your Bossk faster than all the bugs? If not, it's no wonder that you lost.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Was your Bossk faster than all the bugs? If not, it's no wonder that you lost.

Yes. He went first. I used the taunt. It looked like it was going to work, because he was close to death and then healed to full hp/protection, and started applying dets. But then he died shortly after that, with only 5 dets each on the Geos.