How can you decide who deserves God mods?

Replies

• Options
    And btw I'd like to see what some of you will do when level 90 rolls eventually to make the Geo TBs easier and you have no credits to upgrade your characters because it sounds like you're proposing a huge credit investment in mods that have an abysmally small chance of paying off, again, more RNG, upgrade and pray
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Let's be real, playing time certainly is a factor simply because you have had more opportunities to participate in events that award mods. My best speed mods have come from the Mythic events, not from farming or refreshing the mod shop. I just spent the last two months spending all my mod energy farming mods, got nothing game-changing but did get a "handful" (yes I know it's vague, I didn't track it, sue me) of single-digit speed secondaries.
    Farming mods from the challenges is nearly pointless, but collecting them from special events has been fruitful in my experience. And the only way to complete more events is to put in more time.

I agree, the challenge drops are grey/green like 80% of the time, blue 15% and purple/gold 5% at best, and then off those 5% your odds of them having speed secondaries and not being an arrow mod (1/6 chance to be arrow) you're looking at less than 1% of mods. Then of those 1% that are gold and purple the odds of not being a +3 or 4 is even lower, then the odds of speed going up 4 times with better than +4 is simply abysmally small.

With slicing, those gray/green mods have just as much chance to turn out to be good as the purple/gold ones. If you're ignoring them that's probably part of your issue.

Wait, so you are proposing that we should level up all the grey mods up to expose secondaries, and slice up the promising ones before discarding them as garbage? Where you going to get all these credits and slicing mats? What a colossal waste.

If you want more opportunities to get better mods, that's one way of doing it, yes. I got a +21 not long ago that started out as gray. Credits are obtained regularly through playing the game, or if desired can be purchased from the arena store. Slicing materials are obtained from farming.
    Let's be real, playing time certainly is a factor simply because you have had more opportunities to participate in events that award mods. My best speed mods have come from the Mythic events, not from farming or refreshing the mod shop. I just spent the last two months spending all my mod energy farming mods, got nothing game-changing but did get a "handful" (yes I know it's vague, I didn't track it, sue me) of single-digit speed secondaries.
    Farming mods from the challenges is nearly pointless, but collecting them from special events has been fruitful in my experience. And the only way to complete more events is to put in more time.

I agree, the challenge drops are grey/green like 80% of the time, blue 15% and purple/gold 5% at best, and then off those 5% your odds of them having speed secondaries and not being an arrow mod (1/6 chance to be arrow) you're looking at less than 1% of mods. Then of those 1% that are gold and purple the odds of not being a +3 or 4 is even lower, then the odds of speed going up 4 times with better than +4 is simply abysmally small.

With slicing, those gray/green mods have just as much chance to turn out to be good as the purple/gold ones. If you're ignoring them that's probably part of your issue.

I don't ignore greens and blues, I only ignore grey, in fact just last night I went through all my purple/blue/greens and upgraded them all to 12 just to see which ones will have a good shot at speed and sold a bunch of useless ones. The thing is, slicing mats are a finite resource, it's not like I have an infinite amount and I can slice every mod. There's only so many mods you can slice before you run out

That's part of the farming. If you run out of slicing materials you switch to farming them for a bit and then after you've sliced the mods with potential you switch back.

But I thought the only way was to get 30-50 mods a day @Kyno . Look I understand your point of view, the devs won't do nothing about it so you might as well get used to it. The thing is I'm going a step further and trying to open the eyes of people to a real issue within the community. It hurts to see those monster characters with over 165 speed and not being anywhere close and all you get is people telling you, "keep trying, keep trying". Meanwhile days, weeks, months pass and still not a single mod to compare. It's demoralizing and flat out sucks the fun out of the game. I just can't justify RNG playing such a huge role in the game
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    It's easy for you to say keep trying when you already have a dozen of these mods while others haven't even gotten their first one yet.

I have zero +25 mods and it's still easy for me say keep trying.

Well then you're simply compromising for mediocrity or you're not high enough GP to face some of the older accounts in the game, YET. Maybe stop defending this illogical decision by the devs and join the side that's fighting for fun and equality

Or, and I know this is hard to conceive of, but did it ever occur to you that I just flat out disagree with you?

Well I only stated facts above, so which fact do you disagree with exactly?

Actually you stated zero facts in the post I quoted. You said that I was "compromising for mediocrity," which is not a fact, it's a ridiculous nonsense statement, or that I was "not high enough GP to face some of the older accounts in the game" which is not a fact in the slightest. Then, you called the decision "illogical," which is not a fact, just your own opinion, and the thing with which I disagree. Then, you said your side is "fighting for fun and equality," which is absurd.

Yup, precisely, he's acting like we all have infinite credits and slicing mats, maybe he does somehow, that's clearly not the case for most of us

I'm still not a he, and I'm not acting like that at all, I'm acting like these are things that can be acquired in the game.
    And btw I'd like to see what some of you will do when level 90 rolls eventually to make the Geo TBs easier and you have no credits to upgrade your characters because it sounds like you're proposing a huge credit investment in mods that have an abysmally small chance of paying off, again, more RNG, upgrade and pray

Since I rarely let my credits drop below 6 figures I imagine I'll be just fine.
  • Options
    It's easy for you to say keep trying when you already have a dozen of these mods while others haven't even gotten their first one yet.

I have zero +25 mods and it's still easy for me say keep trying.

Well then you're simply compromising for mediocrity or you're not high enough GP to face some of the older accounts in the game, YET. Maybe stop defending this illogical decision by the devs and join the side that's fighting for fun and equality

Or, and I know this is hard to conceive of, but did it ever occur to you that I just flat out disagree with you?

Well I only stated facts above, so which fact do you disagree with exactly?

Actually you stated zero facts in the post I quoted. You said that I was "compromising for mediocrity," which is not a fact, it's a ridiculous nonsense statement, or that I was "not high enough GP to face some of the older accounts in the game" which is not a fact in the slightest. Then, you called the decision "illogical," which is not a fact, just your own opinion, and the thing with which I disagree. Then, you said your side is "fighting for fun and equality," which is absurd.

I wasn't speaking about that comment, regardless, even so, your comment doesn't say that but it implies that. Unless you've faced defeat daily because your mods don't match the other guys you simply can't understand what I'm talking about. If you had faced defeat so frequently you'd at least understand my point, which is probably why I assumed you didn't
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Have a +24 speed circle on my CLS that started as +4 grey and I just decided to risk the 10 slicing material. After that you just hope for the best. But give up if it doesn't hit speed and move on to the next. If it has other critical secondary stats for that character I'll consider slicing one more time. If that slice misses speed too, I move on to other mods. If it's not green (2), blue (3), purple (3-4) I usually sell.

I have also been pleasantly surprised by a few greys I have lying around with a speed secondary that has bumped up to a +15 or +18 or something good. But that doesn't mean that farming from mod challenges and leveling and/or slicing all the greys is a viable option. There aren't enough resources to do that.

I'm not going to math here because I don't want to, but you're going to need to spend like 2M credits and 300 crystals per day farming grey mods and slicing mats to go this route.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    You don't have to slice each grey mod. I'm very picky when it's grey. 2 or more secondaries that the character needs, not just speed. Or a cross/triangle with the exact primary needed.

Also, don't slice a (1) speed green or blue unless you really really need the other secondaries. It's a waste of resources the majority of the time.
  • Options
    You don't have to slice each grey mod. I'm very picky when it's grey. 2 or more secondaries that the character needs, not just speed. Or a cross/triangle with the exact primary needed.

Also, don't slice a (1) speed green or blue unless you really really need the other secondaries. It's a waste of resources the majority of the time.

I don't think the reason I don't have any good mods is because I don't slice greys. In fact I'm very careful with that mods I sell and what mods I upgrade. I don't get rid of lower quality mods without giving them a shot. You got lucky and got a 24 mod from a grey, awesome, but that still doesn't prove its a viable way of managing your resources, it only proves it's possible, yet highly unlikely that you may get a good mod from a grey.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

it only proves it's possible, yet highly unlikely that you may get a good mod from a grey.

It's exactly as likely to be good as any other color.
  • Options

it only proves it's possible, yet highly unlikely that you may get a good mod from a grey.

Are you purposely trying to ignore the slicing material cost? How many times do I have to mention that we don't have an infinite amount of those? I have dozens of mods at +10-12 waiting for slicing mats, should I instead use them on some grey mod?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Are you purposely trying to ignore the slicing material cost? How many times do I have to mention that we don't have an infinite amount of those? I have dozens of mods at +10-12 waiting for slicing mats, should I instead use them on some grey mod?

Yes. I am ignoring them in this comment because it's irrelevant to your statement that it's "highly unlikely that you may get a good mod from a gray."
  • Options

It's funny because I also finish always in the top 3 of sith raid for a long time now, my GA is not bad either I win almost all matchups when they don't have Malak. I'm not exactly starved on slicing mats and yet they do go pretty fast
  • Options

Yes. I am ignoring them in this comment because it's irrelevant to your statement that it's "highly unlikely that you may get a good mod from a gray."

Ok I misspoke, what I meant was it's unlikely you will get it considering the slicing mats limitations, because you simply cannot afford to upgrade the vast majority of them, and going straight for green or blue increases the amount of mods you can slice
  • Options

If L90 ever came, I would expect at least 2M credits to train up a single character from 85 to 90. You would need 8 figures to level up one squad, 9 figures to level up a full complement of GAC characters.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Mods are part luck and part skill. The skill comes in making decisions on what and how to farm, buy, slice, and so on. So to answer the question posed in the thread title, I believe I partly deserve god mods.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

If L90 ever came, I would expect at least 2M credits to train up a single character from 85 to 90. You would need 8 figures to level up one squad, 9 figures to level up a full complement of GAC characters.

Probably more than 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 million per character, the 75-80 is significantly less than 80-85 and it would be another one of those "manage your resources" moment
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Mods are part luck and part skill. The skill comes in making decisions on what and how to farm, buy, slice, and so on. So to answer the question posed in the thread title, I believe I partly deserve god mods.

You're a fraud lol. No it doesn't, be real dude, you sort by speed, scroll down, find the purple/blues with the highest speed secondary, slice them. Of course it doesn't mean you slice the bad ones, only if you have one that's worth it
  • Options
    @TVF you're the type of guy who would win the lottery and then brag about how he deserved to win the lottery 😂
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Wait, so you are proposing that we should level up all the grey mods up to expose secondaries, and slice up the promising ones before discarding them as garbage? Where you going to get all these credits and slicing mats? What a colossal waste.

If you want more opportunities to get better mods, that's one way of doing it, yes. I got a +21 not long ago that started out as gray. Credits are obtained regularly through playing the game, or if desired can be purchased from the arena store. Slicing materials are obtained from farming.

I don't ignore greens and blues, I only ignore grey, in fact just last night I went through all my purple/blue/greens and upgraded them all to 12 just to see which ones will have a good shot at speed and sold a bunch of useless ones. The thing is, slicing mats are a finite resource, it's not like I have an infinite amount and I can slice every mod. There's only so many mods you can slice before you run out

That's part of the farming. If you run out of slicing materials you switch to farming them for a bit and then after you've sliced the mods with potential you switch back.

But I thought the only way was to get 30-50 mods a day @Kyno . Look I understand your point of view, the devs won't do nothing about it so you might as well get used to it. The thing is I'm going a step further and trying to open the eyes of people to a real issue within the community. It hurts to see those monster characters with over 165 speed and not being anywhere close and all you get is people telling you, "keep trying, keep trying". Meanwhile days, weeks, months pass and still not a single mod to compare. It's demoralizing and flat out sucks the fun out of the game. I just can't justify RNG playing such a huge role in the game

During those days/weeks/months, how many mods are you pulling?? What is a lot to you?

Players have different levels of commitment they out into farming, no one blindly says, just keep trying. Many of them talk about number of refreshes and other values that help guide what they mean.

You simply state that no amount of effort does it and that the only factor is blind luck. You are wrong. You can work towards a better situation, many of us have after realizing we were behind on mods.

I out a number out there to see what you think of farming mods at that level, since you are very resistant to using values , and just choose to use general terms that mean different things to different people. Just like lifetime in game being a factor.... if I only ever put 100 crystals a week into mods, it doesnt matter how long I have been playing. It a statistics game, the numbers matter, put more in you get more out.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

You're a fraud lol. No it doesn't, be real dude, you sort by speed, scroll down, find the purple/blues with the highest speed secondary, slice them. Of course it doesn't mean you slice the bad ones, only if you have one that's worth it

Excuse me, but how am I a fraud?

"Good" and "bad" mods are subjective. Depends on your roster and your needs. And deciding what is a good or bad mod to slice is part of the skill. And that's not the only part of it either.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF you're the type of guy who would win the lottery and then brag about how he deserved to win the lottery 😂

Respectfully disagree with your analogy becasue lotteries are 100% luck. Mods are not.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

You're right, I misspoke. I meant to say "I rarely let my credits drop below 9 figures."
  • Options

Excuse me, but how am I a fraud?

"Good" and "bad" mods are subjective. Depends on your roster and your needs. And deciding what is a good or bad mod to slice is part of the skill. And that's not the only part of it either.

There are many different types of mods, however we're specifically taking about speed mods since they tend to have the biggest impact in arena/meta so a good and bad mod isn't relative in this discussion, good means well over 20 speed secondaries.
    TVF you're the type of guy who would win the lottery and then brag about how he deserved to win the lottery 😂

Respectfully disagree with your analogy becasue lotteries are 100% luck. Mods are not.

Mods are not 100% luck? I'm going to work soon but when I have a chance I'll try to calculate the odds you pull a mod with over 22-23 secondary and you can talk about luck
  • Options

You're right, I misspoke. I meant to say "I rarely let my credits drop below 9 figures."

Well then I'm sure you represent the average player very well. I'm sitting just over 200 million, the amount of time it would take me to go over a billion and farm mods at the same time would be so long that the game may not even be around, unless I stopped farming mods today and only bought credits
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    1) "Good" or "bad" mods in the sense of deciding what to slice. That was the context of the discussion.

2) Mods are not 100% luck. They are part luck and part skill. As I stated previously.
    Post edited by TVF on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Well then I'm sure you represent the average player very well. I'm sitting just over 200 million, the amount of time it would take me to go over a billion and farm mods at the same time would be so long that the game may not even be around, unless I stopped farming mods today and only bought credits

A billion would be 10 figures.
  • Options

A billion would be 10 figures.

Ohh yeah true 😂, although if level 90 happens a few hundred million won't save you, I highly doubt the cost will be less than 5 mil let character
  • Options
    Hey, lotteries aren't luck, they are just an exercise in statistics! The more tickets you buy, the better your odds of cashing out! No excuses, you just aren't buying enough tickets.

Lol this is an interesting discussion. I agree, mods are the most frustrating part of this game.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, lotteries aren't luck, they are just an exercise in statistics! The more tickets you buy, the better your odds of cashing out! No excuses, you just aren't buying enough tickets.

What are the odds of getting a useful winning ticket in the lottery?

What are the odds of getting a useful mod?

How many possible combinations go into winning a lottery jackpot?

How many possible combinations go into getting a speed over 25?
  • Options

I don't know, why don't you tell me.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I don't know, why don't you tell me.

I don't know either. The point is that the two situations are not comparable.