Enough with the 36 hour phases

Please, 36 hours is too long and confusing. There is no reason the Geonosian TB phases should be any longer than the Hoth TB phases.
  • Phase 1 starts mid-day, that's fine, we do our platoons and combats when we have time. Next day rolls around, oh right, no TB available today because no good reason. It's okay, no BIG DEAL.
  • Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain. People get up the next day and forget about TB, what's the BIG DEAL anyway, we still have 24+ hours to work on them and combats, whatever we'll get to it sometime.
  • Phase 3 starts the next day, or does it? Hey, we've lost track over here, whatever it's NO BIG DEAL right? Plenty of time to get things done, we'll do it later.
  • Phase 4 starts whenever it does but it's still NO BIG DEAL because you're going to need a roster full of g13 everything with god mods if you want to go more than 1/4, and even that isn't likely to be enough without a leprechaun on your team.*
The thing is, you don't want your players thinking that your latest and greatest game mode is NO BIG DEAL. Wouldn't you rather keep them engaged thinking that it is a big deal? That's my take, anyway.


* I don't have a roster full of g13 with god mods but I do have a fair number of g12, and P4 is a hopeless joke so far. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mind. No big deal.

Replies

  • TVF
    18009 posts Member
    Respectuflly disagree, quite strongly. We love the 36 hours.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.
  • Disagree too. We have a bot that delegates the platoons so that the people with the weakest character for each slot assigns them. They are static and can be planned in advance.

    We're a top 200 guild and love the 36 hour phases. We're all adults, some of us have long, rotating work shift patterns and many have kids.

    I'd much rather people had the opportunity to take time to plan their attacks on what are much more difficult missions than we have had in previous guild content, than feel they need to rush or hit auto.
  • Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Disagree too. We have a bot that delegates the platoons so that the people with the weakest character for each slot assigns them. They are static and can be planned in advance.

    We're a top 200 guild and love the 36 hour phases. We're all adults, some of us have long, rotating work shift patterns and many have kids.

    I'd much rather people had the opportunity to take time to plan their attacks on what are much more difficult missions than we have had in previous guild content, than feel they need to rush or hit auto.

    That sounds like a neat bot. We don't have this bot.
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Disagree too. We have a bot that delegates the platoons so that the people with the weakest character for each slot assigns them. They are static and can be planned in advance.

    We're a top 200 guild and love the 36 hour phases. We're all adults, some of us have long, rotating work shift patterns and many have kids.

    I'd much rather people had the opportunity to take time to plan their attacks on what are much more difficult missions than we have had in previous guild content, than feel they need to rush or hit auto.

    That sounds like a neat bot. We don't have this bot.

    I think ours is called Moses. EchoBase have a similar tool. TB officer handles it, I've asked what he uses.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?

    rb16dshyh0ji.png
  • EventineElessedil
    5615 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?

    rb16dshyh0ji.png

    Yeah, I did read that. This is a good explanation for you? It's a scheduling bug that they can't fix. Eh, like I said, no big deal.
  • If they shortened the Geo TB phases to 24 hours, would it be possible to jump guilds and collect both a Geo and Hoth payout? If so, I imagine the current scheduling has more to do with this than anything...
  • TVF
    18009 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Disagree too. We have a bot that delegates the platoons so that the people with the weakest character for each slot assigns them. They are static and can be planned in advance.

    We're a top 200 guild and love the 36 hour phases. We're all adults, some of us have long, rotating work shift patterns and many have kids.

    I'd much rather people had the opportunity to take time to plan their attacks on what are much more difficult missions than we have had in previous guild content, than feel they need to rush or hit auto.

    That sounds like a neat bot. We don't have this bot.

    I think ours is called Moses. EchoBase have a similar tool. TB officer handles it, I've asked what he uses.

    Yes we use EchoBase.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If they shortened the Geo TB phases to 24 hours, would it be possible to jump guilds and collect both a Geo and Hoth payout? If so, I imagine the current scheduling has more to do with this than anything...

    No because they run concurrently. You cannot join a TB in the middle.
  • I also Have to disagree with the OP. Our guild has members from both sides of the Atlantic and the 36 hours helps us to coordinate everything. I could see this eventually being shortened once this content is more trivial, but that should be a long ways off for most of us.
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?

    rb16dshyh0ji.png

    Yeah, I did read that. This is a good explanation for you? It's a scheduling bug that they can't fix. Eh, like I said, no big deal.

    It has nothing to do with it being a "good explanation." It's a reason, contrary to your assertion that there is "no reason" for the phases to be 36 hours, and it's a reason other than the one you subsequently claim as "obvious," that they "set the timer to 36 instead of 24."
  • EventineElessedil
    5615 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?

    rb16dshyh0ji.png

    Yeah, I did read that. This is a good explanation for you? It's a scheduling bug that they can't fix. Eh, like I said, no big deal.

    It has nothing to do with it being a "good explanation." It's a reason, contrary to your assertion that there is "no reason" for the phases to be 36 hours, and it's a reason other than the one you subsequently claim as "obvious," that they "set the timer to 36 instead of 24."

    A "bug" is not a good reason and it's annoying. 24 hour phases were fine with Hoth TB, I see no good reason why it cannot be so now.
  • TVF
    18009 posts Member
    A bug is a good reason if it would otherwise mean the content could not be played.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    3936 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?

    rb16dshyh0ji.png

    Yeah, I did read that. This is a good explanation for you? It's a scheduling bug that they can't fix. Eh, like I said, no big deal.

    It has nothing to do with it being a "good explanation." It's a reason, contrary to your assertion that there is "no reason" for the phases to be 36 hours, and it's a reason other than the one you subsequently claim as "obvious," that they "set the timer to 36 instead of 24."

    A "bug" is not a good reason and it's annoying. 24 hour phases were fine with Hoth TB, I see no good reason why it cannot be so now.

    You didn't say "no **good** reason" you just said "no reason." Well, the reason is CG did the coding, and they set all TB's to a static 144 hour event (which is probably why we don't have a review period). This means Geo has to be 36 hours.

    Honestly, it's only a minor inconvenience. You talk about platoons being the middle of the night... but they've always been the middle of the night for Euros. Now it just alternates. And since we know what's in them it doesn't matter anyway.

    You've gone and made a mountain out of a mole hill.
  • TVF
    18009 posts Member
    The fact that it alternates is in fact a good argument in favor of 36 hours. What is better for one person on a 24 hour schedule will be worse for another person.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    The fact that it alternates is in fact a good argument in favor of 36 hours. What is better for one person on a 24 hour schedule will be worse for another person.

    I, disrespectfully, agree.
  • TVF
    18009 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The fact that it alternates is in fact a good argument in favor of 36 hours. What is better for one person on a 24 hour schedule will be worse for another person.

    I, disrespectfully, agree.

    All I ask for is one of two things, agreement or respect.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I see your point but disagree on the basis that it gives us lower GP/incomplete guilds a chance to get more stars otherwise unattainable through planning.

    On the first release at 90 million GP/41 members we only got 8 stars because it was a new event for everybody, we didn't full understand the 36 hour window and more importantly the refresh mechanics. Fast forward to now and with a bit of tactics we're aiming for 13-15 stars.

  • StarSon wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?

    rb16dshyh0ji.png

    Yeah, I did read that. This is a good explanation for you? It's a scheduling bug that they can't fix. Eh, like I said, no big deal.

    It has nothing to do with it being a "good explanation." It's a reason, contrary to your assertion that there is "no reason" for the phases to be 36 hours, and it's a reason other than the one you subsequently claim as "obvious," that they "set the timer to 36 instead of 24."

    A "bug" is not a good reason and it's annoying. 24 hour phases were fine with Hoth TB, I see no good reason why it cannot be so now.

    You didn't say "no **good** reason" you just said "no reason." Well, the reason is CG did the coding, and they set all TB's to a static 144 hour event (which is probably why we don't have a review period). This means Geo has to be 36 hours.

    Honestly, it's only a minor inconvenience. You talk about platoons being the middle of the night... but they've always been the middle of the night for Euros. Now it just alternates. And since we know what's in them it doesn't matter anyway.

    You've gone and made a mountain out of a mole hill.

    I already said it was no big deal. But I would like this "bug" to be fixed because I don't like the 36 hour phases. You people are impossible to talk to, no wonder the devs don't do it.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    sorry op but u seem to be in the minority of not liking the 36hr phases...in the big pcture does it matter that u get rewards 2 days sooner or that ur guild chums get more time each phase? i would wager that most of ur guild likes the longer period....
  • Nikoms565
    12075 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The fact that it alternates is in fact a good argument in favor of 36 hours. What is better for one person on a 24 hour schedule will be worse for another person.

    I, disrespectfully, agree.

    All I ask for is one of two things, agreement or respect.

    Respectfully disagree. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My only disagreement to the 36 hours is it results in last minute players getting more time to hit the last minute.
  • StarSon
    3936 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [*] Phase 2 starts late that night, coordinating platoons is a pain.

    As for this part, the platoons are static so you can just coordinate them in advance.

    Obviously there is not "no reason" for the phases to be longer, there is a reason, they said they are working on solving the issue, and clearly they haven't resolved it yet.

    It seems pretty obvious to me: they set the timer to 36 instead of 24. It can't be hard to fix. Hey check it out:
    • Hoth TB: 6 phases x 24 hours = 144 hours
    • Geo TB: 4 phases x 36 hours = 144 hours
    What a strange coincidence, and a real stickler of a problem. Ah well, no big deal. I've still got GW to keep me entertained.

    Did you even read the dev post on why they did this?

    Probably not, what did it say?

    rb16dshyh0ji.png

    Yeah, I did read that. This is a good explanation for you? It's a scheduling bug that they can't fix. Eh, like I said, no big deal.

    It has nothing to do with it being a "good explanation." It's a reason, contrary to your assertion that there is "no reason" for the phases to be 36 hours, and it's a reason other than the one you subsequently claim as "obvious," that they "set the timer to 36 instead of 24."

    A "bug" is not a good reason and it's annoying. 24 hour phases were fine with Hoth TB, I see no good reason why it cannot be so now.

    You didn't say "no **good** reason" you just said "no reason." Well, the reason is CG did the coding, and they set all TB's to a static 144 hour event (which is probably why we don't have a review period). This means Geo has to be 36 hours.

    Honestly, it's only a minor inconvenience. You talk about platoons being the middle of the night... but they've always been the middle of the night for Euros. Now it just alternates. And since we know what's in them it doesn't matter anyway.

    You've gone and made a mountain out of a mole hill.

    I already said it was no big deal. But I would like this "bug" to be fixed because I don't like the 36 hour phases. You people are impossible to talk to, no wonder the devs don't do it.

    *We* are impossible to talk to? I mentioned other things and you focused only on the part where I argued your semantics.

    I disagree that they need to change it to 24 hours. It doesn't fix the problem of the mode being boring, but it does make it easier on officers, so it's a fair trade off. And I have found far more people that feel the way I do, than I have found people that feel the way you do (about this specific instance).
Sign In or Register to comment.