Update announcement?

Prev1
Tuscan21
514 posts Member
edited March 2016
Did I read that an update announcement is going to be made today? If so, can I presume it'll be in 5 to 10 hours time?
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Not an update announcement, a status update
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    Thanks. This is to simply update on progress?
  • Options
    Or an update announcement on update announcements possibly?
  • Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    Or an update announcement on update announcements possibly?

As long as it's up to date I don't mind. Ha.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse said he'd do weekly posts on this forum starting today, talking about what's going on with the game this week (looking backwards presumably), and then (hopefully) giving insights into what's to come in the next week
  • Options
    Thanks JWK, that's exactly the info I was looking for.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    But didn't we get an update on Monday about the new game features added on Tuesday?
    [SöD]
  • Options
    As long as it is sonerhing real, not some vague stuff
  • Options
    Today's announcement will be a copy + paste of this week's patch notes as a recap and for those who missed it. There will also be a brief paragraph of why another ewok was added to the game. The announcement will end by saying that exciting things are in motion and prepare for an update on what those things are sometime in the future.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse said he'd do weekly posts on this forum starting today, talking about what's going on with the game this week (looking backwards presumably), and then (hopefully) giving insights into what's to come in the next week

And before everyone freaks out, "today" could mean:
    - Late afternoon US Pacific time.
    - Early evening US Eastern time.
    - Past midnight in Europe.
    - Mid-morning the next day in Oceania.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    But I don't get it he never said it was today he would make the announcement
    [SöD]
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I heard it was to do with the lvl cap increase.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    VIII wrote: »
    But I don't get it he never said it was today he would make the announcement
    [SöD]

EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Well, this thread has gone all over the place. I was going to post in a different location, but since all eyes are here I figured it would be the best place.

Instead of me writing a blob of text I'm instead going to have a list a bullet points below:
    There haven't been as many updates lately because well, I haven't had anything to post. I can't always post about things being worked on for lots of reasons, but the main one is we don't want to set the expectation that something is coming out at a certain time but then we have to delay it because it isn't ready, requires extra testing etc.
    Weekly updates will be coming from me starting next week. These will be community updates to let players know about everything going on that can be discussed.
    The development team and myself see all of the bug reports from the community, they aren't being ignored. Sometimes they can be fixed quickly, and sometimes they can take more time.
    The feedback area on the forums has been extremely helpful for the team and myself. It allows us to focus on one topic at a time, whereas before we had to dig through all posts to find feedback on characters for example.
    I do try to post as often as I can, but there are times where I may be traveling or working on other things for the community. Like I said above, I'll be posting a weekly update so at a minimum you all can know that is coming.

Thanks,
    Jesse

[SöD]
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Posted last week. In another post mentioned to be Fridays.
    Hey Everyone,

Well, this thread has gone all over the place. I was going to post in a different location, but since all eyes are here I figured it would be the best place.

Instead of me writing a blob of text I'm instead going to have a list a bullet points below:
    • There haven't been as many updates lately because well, I haven't had anything to post. I can't always post about things being worked on for lots of reasons, but the main one is we don't want to set the expectation that something is coming out at a certain time but then we have to delay it because it isn't ready, requires extra testing etc.
    • Weekly updates will be coming from me starting next week. These will be community updates to let players know about everything going on that can be discussed.
    • The development team and myself see all of the bug reports from the community, they aren't being ignored. Sometimes they can be fixed quickly, and sometimes they can take more time.
    • The feedback area on the forums has been extremely helpful for the team and myself. It allows us to focus on one topic at a time, whereas before we had to dig through all posts to find feedback on characters for example.
    • I do try to post as often as I can, but there are times where I may be traveling or working on other things for the community. Like I said above, I'll be posting a weekly update so at a minimum you all can know that is coming.

Thanks,
    Jesse

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    No mention of an update today, but their was an update on Monday about what we were getting this week

[SöD]
  • Options
    Yeah, in a previous post he said on Fridays. Was last week, and he made sure to clarify it would start weekly today and not last Friday.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar he never said it would be in Friday and they already made an announcement on Monday

[SöD]
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    VIII wrote: »
    @Qeltar he never said it would be in Friday and they already made an announcement on Monday

[SöD]

Monday's announcement was just patch notes for the patch that was already done and released on Tuesday. We are talking here about a general "outlook" or "news update" type of regular feature.

Posted last Wednesday:
    The weekly posts will likely start Friday next week. That way I can put everything from that week in one spot (Bug fixes, recent updates, news to share).
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Hopefully this will calm the masses.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    I hope to hear something about a new game mode where we can use more of our toons.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

And before everyone freaks out, "today" could mean:
    - Late afternoon US Pacific time.
    - Early evening US Eastern time.
    - Past midnight in Europe.
    - Mid-morning the next day in Oceania.

Killed it jajaja
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    Did I read that an update announcement is going to be made today? If so, can I presume it'll be in 5 to 10 hours time?

I want an update on the progress of the update.
  • Options
    I put a "?" On the end of the original thread title do people would not get confuse and think this was an official update. :)
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I put a "?" On the end of the original thread title do people would not get confuse and think this was an official update. :)

Thanks for the "update"
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »

Thanks for the "update"

TBH.. I am kind of afraid to announce the "Wookie event" 'cause you know the 5, 7* wookies requirement. :|

• Options

Thanks BW, fair enough.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Tuscan21 wrote: »

I want an update on the progress of the update.

I want an update on the progress of the update about the progress of the update
  • Options
    I want an update about the progress of the update about the progress of the update, concerning the update
  • Options
    "Likely Friday". I wouldn't put too much stock in that, don't freak out if there is no update from EA_Jesse today. I seem to recall in the past a mention that we would be getting answers from the Q&A thread "in a few days"....and weeks later still no response from that thread.