Update announcement?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I am pretty confident no update will happen today. With the 'connection issues' etc., I think it will be brushed off as 'due to all the recent issues, I was unable to complete an update this weekend, will get one out to you Next Week!' - and then we don't get it at all.

Mark my words, that is what will happen.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    "Likely Friday". I wouldn't put too much stock in that, don't freak out if there is no update from EA_Jesse today. I seem to recall in the past a mention that we would be getting answers from the Q&A thread "in a few days"....and weeks later still no response from that thread.

I don't know, "likely friday" is pretty much a rock solid promise in the eyes of most gamers, which is why game companies don't commit to timelines usually. I am still expecting a "state of the game and what we are working on" update today. Although some sleuthing uncovered the fact that EA_Jesse hasn't been on since yesterday. Maybe he celebrated a bit too much on St. Patty's day? :smile:
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    EA_Jesse said he'd do weekly posts on this forum starting today, talking about what's going on with the game this week (looking backwards presumably), and then (hopefully) giving insights into what's to come in the next week

And before everyone freaks out, "today" could mean:
    - Late afternoon US Pacific time.
    - Early evening US Eastern time.
    - Past midnight in Europe.
    - Mid-morning the next day in Oceania.

- At the end of Jupiter's next rotation, three weeks from tomorrow
  • Options
    We're coming up on 5 P.M. EST, and the studio is located in CA.

I assume Jesse is from the West Coast.

Which means if we don't see anything in the next 2.5-3 hours, we ain't seeing it.
  • Options
    Fortinbuff wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    EA_Jesse said he'd do weekly posts on this forum starting today, talking about what's going on with the game this week (looking backwards presumably), and then (hopefully) giving insights into what's to come in the next week

And before everyone freaks out, "today" could mean:
    - Late afternoon US Pacific time.
    - Early evening US Eastern time.
    - Past midnight in Europe.
    - Mid-morning the next day in Oceania.

- At the end of Jupiter's next rotation, three weeks from tomorrow

lol
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    "Likely Friday". I wouldn't put too much stock in that, don't freak out if there is no update from EA_Jesse today. I seem to recall in the past a mention that we would be getting answers from the Q&A thread "in a few days"....and weeks later still no response from that thread.

That's not true. While we didn't get much, we did get *A* response from them: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15965/q-a-2-24-2016#latest
  • Options
    Running out of time.......
  • Options
    I would bet my Green character that this update don't happen.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

That's not true. While we didn't get much, we did get *A* response from them: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15965/q-a-2-24-2016#latest

That was a joke nothing more
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I think EA_Jesse would have to log into the forums in order to post this.. and since he hasn't logged in all day I would be surprised to see an update. Though, I am really hoping for one!
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I think EA_Jesse would have to log into the forums in order to post this.. and since he hasn't logged in all day I would be surprised to see an update. Though, I am really hoping for one!

Maybe he's busy preparing the patch notes.

We can hope can't we? ;)
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

Maybe he's busy preparing the patch notes.

We can hope can't we? ;)

Good luck with hope
  • Options
    Be patient, remember they are on the west coast. Everything is laid back, no rush, chill even.
    (Yachts take time to fuel up etc. 2njkas7.jpg )

Seriously though, hang tight.. He will come through.

:)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure who to trust from EA/CG.... but I know I can trust BentWookie. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Be patient, remember they are on the west coast. Everything is laid back, no rush, chill even.
    (Yachts take time to fuel up etc. 2njkas7.jpg )

Seriously though, hang tight.. He will come through.

:)

Alert Alert JESSE HOMER JESSE HOMER! ;)

I hope you are right Wookie, for your sake! (not sure what that means)
  • Options
    Community update will be out today, no worries =)
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Dev update? Today, tomorrow, whatever.
    I finally got my 200 crystals from the server outage. In my view, that gets them another week.
    I'm going celebrate by doing something nice for myself, like Buy Moar Crystals!
  • Options
    Gentleman I spent all day affected by the outage and didn't receive anything. However my buddy who was affected got to reap the reward. I have restarted my game multiple times nothing shows up. :'(
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Less than 15 minutes apart and two mods contradict each other. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not all all we both said it will happen today. :)

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not all all we both said it will happen today. :)

My bad - for some reason I misread warmonkey - thought he said tomorrow. Please just shoot me with your bowcaster. Many apologies to all the mods - who have to deal with the likes of me. :#

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Branmark wrote: »
    I just laugh every time I see Bentwookie post. Maybe it's the avatar, maybe it's the name, I don't know but it just makes me laugh.

It's the avatar. 2 of my favorite franchises together.