GAC Data collection tools should be stopped.

Replies

• Options
    Hotsauce wrote: »
    NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looks like it says just that to me...

#1: Noble, They could only see your past defenses, from a time they had previously faced you one on one. The same way that they could of wrote down your defenses or recorded them into excel during that head to head match up.

#2: Nowhere does my system allow you to see previous defenses of other random people, no matter what level of a subscriber you may be with me.

If what you are is taking issue with #1, then yes guilty as charged. I created a record keeping system that is more efficient than manual entry into excel.

Hotsauce

Your bot is third party I don't allow use my data. How we all deal with it?
  • Options
    It's 100% violates TOS and we need to see agreement with CG to use our data for that bot
  • Options
    It's not that big of a deal.

Just like Facebook smh.
  • Options
    To clarify - my toons' data combined with my ally code and/or player ID should not be transferred to third party without my or CG/EA will. Waiting for devs to comment on this
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

#1: Noble, They could only see your past defenses, from a time they had previously faced you one on one. The same way that they could of wrote down your defenses or recorded them into excel during that head to head match up.

#2: Nowhere does my system allow you to see previous defenses of other random people, no matter what level of a subscriber you may be with me.

If what you are is taking issue with #1, then yes guilty as charged. I created a record keeping system that is more efficient than manual entry into excel.

Hotsauce

There are many 3rd party bots that do this like the matchmaking bot.

Is this the first time you are becoming aware of it?

I can compare your roster, mods, gears, and ga history with any other roster in the game right now using the ga matchmaking bot.

By playing the game you give CG permission to share your personal game info like toons collected, mods, gears, ga territories cleared, ga defenses held, and so on. This is not your personal info and not protected by any laws.

Your acting like they are giving away access to your home address, cc number, your underwear size, and a list if prescriptions that you take.

That's personal data... your roster or performance history in GA is not YOUR PERSONAL DATA its CG data and you gave them a right to share it with the world when you signed up for this game.
  • Options

Hotsauce

The game allows your opponent to see your data that the app collects. It really has to to let you play the game.

Then the other user can choose whether or not to share that data that they can see with a third party. Technically, all tge game data even your gac defense is cg's not yours. They alliw your opponent to see it. Your opponent has the option to rrcord and share it.

This app appears to be no different than anyone facing you and recording the battle and posting it on youtube, which is allowed.

They aren't posting your name and address, which would be considered your personal data. The data it collects belongs to cg, not you.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Other similar games have battle history / logs you can see easily. As was said by quite a few people, millions of people play this game, there are hundreds of videos and websites dedicated to show counters to particular teams and how to beat events. If you think your team is "super sekrit skwirrel!" enough that you're the only one who knows about it, you are sorely misguided.

Besides, what will current meta's mean anyway after Gear 14 (oh, I mean Relics!) are released and everything changes again?

If cheating wasn't so blatant, significant, and apparently easy for people to do, CG wouldn't have had to worry about this battle logging aspect.

You are absolutely right, but... There are rules and one of them - don't collect other people data without permission.
    I'm OK if bot will collect only player's data on HIS (HERS) side, but not mine. Or if it will collect only data on registered users, no problem.
    But I'm against collecting MY data against my will.
    Hope it's clear enough

So if I write down how I've beaten your bugs with my jawas, you don't like it?

I am afraid that's called competition.

I won't like if anyone can enter my ally code and learn my def

So if I play a match against you and post your defenses on reddit you gonna get upset?

Upset with you? Sure )
    But you are the second party and have 100% right to post it, third party does not

What if I post your defenses vs me in my discord chat and one of the other chat members posts your defenses on reddit for everyone to laugh at? You gonna sue him?

What about the ga bot that collects your data, toons, char and ship gp, mods, stats, history in GA, etc, etc, etc... all based on just an ally code. GA bots have existed for months and can be used by any 3rd party to query your roster, mods, and history in the game.

All I have to do is look at swgoh gg find your ally code and put it in the bot to scout your roster, mods, gears, and lifetime stats

Heh, I'm not against GA bot (if you mean ,ga me #########) - it jusg gives stats and doesn't collect anything
  • Options

Hotsauce

I can compare your roster, mods, gears, and ga history with any other roster in the game right now using the ga matchmaking bot.

By playing the game you give CG permission to share your personal game info like toons collected, mods, gears, ga territories cleared, ga defenses held, and so on. This is not your personal info and not protected by any laws.

Your acting like they are giving away access to your home address, cc number, your underwear size, and a list if prescriptions that you take.

That's personal data... your roster or performance history in GA is not YOUR PERSONAL DATA its CG data and you gave them a right to share it with the world when you signed up for this game.

That's why I'd like to hear from CG )
  • Options

Hotsauce

You posted the same thought I did at essentially the same time.
  • Options

Hotsauce

The game allows your opponent to see your data that the app collects. It really has to to let you play the game.

Then the other user can choose whether or not to share that data that they can see with a third party. Technically, all tge game data even your gac defense is cg's not yours. They alliw your opponent to see it. Your opponent has the option to rrcord and share it.

This app appears to be no different than anyone facing you and recording the battle and posting it on youtube, which is allowed.

They aren't posting your name and address, which would be considered your personal data. The data it collects belongs to cg, not you.

No problem, just wanna hear CG officials here. If they let this bot work - let it be )
  • Options

Hotsauce

No problem, just wanna hear CG officials here. If they let this bot work - let it be )

Read the q&a. They essentially said they are ok with battle logs getting out and will be working with third parties to get it out sooner than they can in game. That is effectively addressing what you ask.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    But it's sensitive - I'm not kinda like random dudes collect my personal data
    What they have in logs they download - IPs maybe? Maybe yes, and that's personal data protected by law btw, and it's no joke
  • Options
    This site also uses a 3rd party program to auto level up your mods and discard or save the mods you want. Hotsauce guy says everything is above board but you can only gain access to all these features if your a "patron" I am pretty sure EA is not in that payment loop... how this kind of stuff has not been shut down already is beyond me and it has cause me to stop spending nearly as much in this game as I once did.... I really don't want to pay to gain stuff and play a game where this kind of thing happens unchecked.
  • Options

Hotsauce

Read the q&a. They essentially said they are ok with battle logs getting out and will be working with third parties to get it out sooner than they can in game. That is effectively addressing what you ask.

Before it's done - we should clarify things
  • Options
    How do you propose CG stops this completely? Some resource players can find players through guild chats that aren't controlled by CG.

I can only suggest that you change your D, or talk to your former opponent's first.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    To clarify - my toons' data combined with my ally code and/or player ID should not be transferred to third party without my or CG/EA will. Waiting for devs to comment on this

How is a bot that can log your GAC data and history for YOU going to involve an unauthorized transfer of your data if you don't use the bot? Lol. I don't think most people bothered to even read the OP's post. They aren't talking about logging the opposing player's data....they are talking about logging your own data for you. Don't use the bot, crisis averted.
  • Options

How is a bot that can log your GAC data and history for YOU going to involve an unauthorized transfer of your data if you don't use the bot? Lol. I don't think most people bothered to even read the OP's post. They aren't talking about logging the opposing player's data....they are talking about logging your own data for you. Don't use the bot, crisis averted.

This says creator CAN have access to data
  • Options
    4z7eh9ep2dg5.jpg
  • Options

Read all the thread before coming to comment next time
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    OP, your paranoia of data tracking has got the best of you. You assumed the worst without an understanding of how a service worked. Why you still think your data is being used is a reading comprehension / technical deficiency opposed to a privacy or personal data issue. Not a diabolical plot against you.

Why something should work "cuz it's fine by me" if it's against the rules?..
  • Options
    Again
    @Hotsauce never denied or confirmed that bot does/doesn't collect player's ID or ally code along with battle data
    If bot doesn't collect my ID/ally code without my permission - I'm totally OK with that, 100%
    But if it does - @Hotsauce should change it to NOT collect ID/ally code (as well as delete collected data)
    I'm not against bots (using them all the time) but using of my data should be authorised or confirmed by agreement with CG
  • Options
    OP, your paranoia of data tracking has got the best of you. You assumed the worst without an understanding of how a service worked. Why you still think your data is being used is a reading comprehension / technical deficiency opposed to a privacy or personal data issue. Not a diabolical plot against you.

Why something should work "cuz it's fine by me" if it's against the rules?..

English please.

Meh
  • Options
    I feel like I’m watching a game of pigeon chess right now.
  • Options
    People take this game too seriously, and then they say I do, I'm nowhere near this level of stupidity, imagine if GAC actually had a real life reward, like money... People who pay for this kind of service don't deserve the money they own
  • Options
    People take this game too seriously, and then they say I do, I'm nowhere near this level of stupidity, imagine if GAC actually had a real life reward, like money... People who pay for this kind of service don't deserve the money they own

It doesn't mean the people who don't pay don't deserve equal game
  • Options
    7ebec98a67a3affc8ded5184d6fbecbc479a148b1ea7e5f4485e6fcaaae6ec4a_1.jpg
  • Options
    @Hotsauce C'mon you're felt SO low to invite me to conversation to Discord ONLY TO BOOT ME FROM SERVER?! Oh, man )
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    People take this game too seriously, and then they say I do

I respectfully agree with people.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.