GAC Data collection tools should be stopped.

Replies

• Options
    Those that want their defense to be a secret to their opponents or future opponents are in for a rude awakening.

CG has already said they are looking into putting battle history data up in gac in the future and until then possibly on swgoh.gg.

This is to better identify cheaters. Right now, it is hard to tell if someone full clears you legitimately with a 60 banner per fight average or if they cheated. A battle log will help with that.

Once that's added, it is only a matter of time before that data gets aggregated and is available to look at. Those that set the same defense every time will have to deal with it.

It really is no different than when viewing you opponent's roster was added. It's just the direction the game is heading.

Personally, I want to be able to see what teams beat mine. I have had a few matches where my team was blown away. More details would make it easier to determine if I were cheated, or if not, what I need to do better with my defense.

So in my opinion, having this information, is beneficial and the benefits outweigh the downside. Now I do think they will make sure the round is over beforr putting the data up as well they should.

I agree that in general, battle history that can be reviewed by everyone equally, would be a good thing, for the reasons you already named. But there is a huge difference in a change in that direction made by the devs, or if it's a third party tool. One step further, if that third party tool / bot was freely available to every player in the game, I guess it could also be considered as "okay" , as the conditions would still be the same for everyone. But it becomes a real problem if such a tool gets sold for real money. Any kind of commercial use connected to the game which is not gained by CG themselves, should be prohibited in general, or not? It gives paying players an advantage while not pumping money into the game, but other players who got greedy. It starts with giving out tools for free and then adding a "premium" version less widespread, which is only one step away from the real cheating tools that also get sold for real money, as the well-known videos revealed... nothing really new. But it gets frustrating when you just want to play a game and not worry about what crazy tools your opponents use who have too much time and too much money.
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    @Hotsauce C'mon you're felt SO low to invite me to conversation to Discord ONLY TO BOOT ME FROM SERVER?! Oh, man )

Soon as I seen you are on here complaining about me storing your ally code, when you registered your ally code with my bot... I know when I am getting trolled, I am too old for this. Have a good night. Hopefully a moderator steps in as you constantly spam fish for responses, and deals with you properly.
  • Options
    This bot is doing exactly one thing: saving time.
    It is not showing you data you do not have access to. You can write down all of your history, or you can use screenshots, or an excel sheet or … use a programmed database which is doing the math for you.

Its still the same data, it just saves you time. So the decision is not paying on gaining data you must not see (that would be cheating, no debate about that), but paying for having more comfort and save some time.

If you want to safe the money and come up with your own program or app or excel you have to fill manually: Go for it.

Or just play without doing at all. Trust your own guts sometimes is better than any statistics. Use the force or let the force serve you. Choose your side :)
    And the other side of it is a player ripping of other players by selling a 3rd party tool for a game related advantage. I can hardly believe that CG & EA are sympathetic to that kind of business. Data collection, as others mentioned before, is another problem because no matter what the creator says, there's no official control.
  • Options
    Hotsauce wrote: »
    @Hotsauce C'mon you're felt SO low to invite me to conversation to Discord ONLY TO BOOT ME FROM SERVER?! Oh, man )

Soon as I seen you are on here complaining about me storing your ally code, when you registered your ally code with my bot... I know when I am getting trolled, I am too old for this. Have a good night. Hopefully a moderator steps in as you constantly spam fish for responses, and deals with you properly.

Maybe I registered anytime in the past, I'm quite sure I did.
    But you still don't answer direct question - DOES BOT COLLECT ID OR ALLY CODE?
    Yes or not? It's simple
    And as long as you don't answer - it means you have something to hide
    C'mon dude, speak loud and simple - YES or NO?
  • Options

Yes or not? It's simple

By registering with the bot you gave it your ally code. That was a decision you made. You manually entered your ally code to register it with a bot, allowing it to access your data.

Nice troll job though :D
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Those that want their defense to be a secret to their opponents or future opponents are in for a rude awakening.

CG has already said they are looking into putting battle history data up in gac in the future and until then possibly on swgoh.gg.

This is to better identify cheaters. Right now, it is hard to tell if someone full clears you legitimately with a 60 banner per fight average or if they cheated. A battle log will help with that.

Once that's added, it is only a matter of time before that data gets aggregated and is available to look at. Those that set the same defense every time will have to deal with it.

It really is no different than when viewing you opponent's roster was added. It's just the direction the game is heading.

Personally, I want to be able to see what teams beat mine. I have had a few matches where my team was blown away. More details would make it easier to determine if I were cheated, or if not, what I need to do better with my defense.

So in my opinion, having this information, is beneficial and the benefits outweigh the downside. Now I do think they will make sure the round is over beforr putting the data up as well they should.

I agree that in general, battle history that can be reviewed by everyone equally, would be a good thing, for the reasons you already named. But there is a huge difference in a change in that direction made by the devs, or if it's a third party tool. One step further, if that third party tool / bot was freely available to every player in the game, I guess it could also be considered as "okay" , as the conditions would still be the same for everyone. But it becomes a real problem if such a tool gets sold for real money. Any kind of commercial use connected to the game which is not gained by CG themselves, should be prohibited in general, or not? It gives paying players an advantage while not pumping money into the game, but other players who got greedy. It starts with giving out tools for free and then adding a "premium" version less widespread, which is only one step away from the real cheating tools that also get sold for real money, as the well-known videos revealed... nothing really new. But it gets frustrating when you just want to play a game and not worry about what crazy tools your opponents use who have too much time and too much money.

That is an issue for cg to address in private if they so choose. I'm pretty sure under the terms and conditions, they own your data in game and can choose whether or not they allow it to be distributed for profit.

I am simply suggesting that they plan to dump all this data first to swgoh.gg then in game anyway, effectively making tools such as this a waste of money.

Whether or not cg pursues legal action against 3rd parties that sell their data is their purview not ours.
  • Options

Yes or not? It's simple

By registering with the bot you gave it your ally code. That was a decision you made. You manually entered your ally code to register it with a bot, allowing it to access your data.

Nice troll job though :D

Maybe I did, I don't deny that (but maybe I did not, I'm not 100% sure)
    The point is I (and I guess many of us here) need to know WHAT EXACTLY BOT COLLECTS
    And we have no answers
  • Options

That is an issue for cg to address in private if they so choose. I'm pretty sure under the terms and conditions, they own your data in game and can choose whether or not they allow it to be distributed for profit.

I am simply suggesting that they plan to dump all this data first to swgoh.gg then in game anyway, effectively making tools such as this a waste of money.

Whether or not cg pursues legal action against 3rd parties that sell their data is their purview not ours.
    Agreed, if the data gets public for everyone equally, that would eliminate the opportunity for personal enrichment by such tool creators, and also help a lot with identifying cheaters. I know it's up to them if they take action against it, just stated my personal opinion. If commercial 3rd party ways for ingame advantages get out of hand, that's definitely not good for the game and I would like to spend the next 10 years or so still having fun with it, and fair play is part of what I consider fun.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Why did you register for swgoh.gg, kbeef 999?

https://swgoh.gg/p/982724186/

It's the same thing.....wait, you registered with the bot too. And then said you couldn't remember if you did or not.

Just give it a break. You'll be happier with life. I'd suggest focusing on your teams and less forum time.

That's not even me))
    I registered to many bots which seem fair to me, but this one seems to collect data it should not
    @CG_SBCrumb Maybe you also read this thread and evaluate the bot?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes or not? It's simple

Unless you give someone your Player ID, then they cannot access it. that is not available.

if you gave him your ally code, then you are giving up the ability to not allow someone to use that data. using an Ally code and publicly available information is not against the ToS.

In short - NO - the BOT does not collect that data, it uses public information.
  • Hotsauce
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Agreed, if the data gets public for everyone equally, that would eliminate the opportunity for personal enrichment by such tool creators, and also help a lot with identifying cheaters. I know it's up to them if they take action against it, just stated my personal opinion. If commercial 3rd party ways for ingame advantages get out of hand, that's definitely not good for the game and I would like to spend the next 10 years or so still having fun with it, and fair play is part of what I consider fun.

This thread is so far out there and seems to be just getting worse. None of my tools collect data then sell it to people. There is no part of my tool that gives you a competitive advantage unless competitive advantage is defined by saving someone time from being able to do the exact same steps and data collection manually at a slower pace with your OWN DATA.

Everything I have done is quality of life based, and I would invite anyone in to come take a look and dispute that.

Personal enrichment? Many of us now accept patreon support to just try and attempt to cover some of the costs. We provide tools to the community, having to pay for the hosting, processing power, data storage etc. Talk to any of us, swgoh.gg, shittybill, sigsig, myself or many of the others that provide services out there. Yes I have patreon only features/levels, but every one of them is due to technical requirements of the service being offered, it is so far from any sort of "enrichment"... that is laughable. I would guess all of us, the only income we are getting is enough to make the work/cost be bearable so we are not paying for what we are providing out of pocket. The passion for the game only can make you stomach so much of real $$$$.

Anyways, I hope everyone takes the time to understand and wrap their heads around things before throwing stones and making claims.

As for this, the only data being collected is your own data, and the only person with access to that data is yourself, and none of that includes any sort of battle log unless you manually enter it. As I stated in a screenshot here, I think CG would have issue with anything past that, but maybe the new battle log system will change everything.
  • Options
    How can someone have access to my GAC def and battles and sell it?!
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looks like it says just that to me...

#1: Noble, They could only see your past defenses, from a time they had previously faced you one on one. The same way that they could of wrote down your defenses or recorded them into excel during that head to head match up.

#2: Nowhere does my system allow you to see previous defenses of other random people, no matter what level of a subscriber you may be with me.

If what you are is taking issue with #1, then yes guilty as charged. I created a record keeping system that is more efficient than manual entry into excel.

Hotsauce

Your bot is third party I don't allow use my data. How we all deal with it?

The game allows your opponent to see your data that the app collects. It really has to to let you play the game.

Then the other user can choose whether or not to share that data that they can see with a third party. Technically, all tge game data even your gac defense is cg's not yours. They alliw your opponent to see it. Your opponent has the option to rrcord and share it.

This app appears to be no different than anyone facing you and recording the battle and posting it on youtube, which is allowed.

They aren't posting your name and address, which would be considered your personal data. The data it collects belongs to cg, not you.

No problem, just wanna hear CG officials here. If they let this bot work - let it be )

Read the q&a. They essentially said they are ok with battle logs getting out and will be working with third parties to get it out sooner than they can in game. That is effectively addressing what you ask.
    Right. I hope it’s free, the person that makes these bots (the person that is in OPs picture) allows those bot services as premium service for $10 per month

So bot makers can profit off what CG wants to provide the players

I’d rather have it available to all players for free in game if the bot maker goes for $10 per month subscription for battle log access
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

As long as they are only providing your gac defense history and battle history back to you (so you don't have to keep track), I don't see what the issue is. Seems like you're making up issues where they don't exist.

At least for now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

As long as they are only providing your gac defense history and battle history back to you (so you don't have to keep track), I don't see what the issue is. Seems like you're making up issues where they don't exist.

At least for now.

You don't get it: third party might (I have asked multiple times and have no answer yet) have all your GAC records, which it can sell to customers... Not really fair game, right?
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes or not? It's simple

Unless you give someone your Player ID, then they cannot access it. that is not available.

if you gave him your ally code, then you are giving up the ability to not allow someone to use that data. using an Ally code and publicly available information is not against the ToS.

I never allowed anyone but CG maybe to use my info, so I'd like CG official to make a statement that they allow that bot to exist
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Options

Yes or not? It's simple

I never allowed anyone but CG maybe to use my info, so I'd like CG official to make a statement that they allow that bot to exist

Do you have a SWGOH.gg account?

have you offered your Ally code to any BOTs or other 3rd party programs?

• Options
    Before i started the game i knew all the counters from the videos,i dont know whats the big secret you want to keep.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

At least for now.

You don't get it: third party might (I have asked multiple times and have no answer yet) have all your GAC records, which it can sell to customers... Not really fair game, right?

He did answer this question:
    NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looks like it says just that to me...

#1: Noble, They could only see your past defenses, from a time they had previously faced you one on one. The same way that they could of wrote down your defenses or recorded them into excel during that head to head match up.

#2: Nowhere does my system allow you to see previous defenses of other random people, no matter what level of a subscriber you may be with me.

If what you are is taking issue with #1, then yes guilty as charged. I created a record keeping system that is more efficient than manual entry into excel.

Hotsauce
  • Options

Yes or not? It's simple

Do you have a SWGOH.gg account?

have you offered your Ally code to any BOTs or other 3rd party programs?

Sure, but swgoh.gg doesn't collect any GAC battles / def details stats.
    I just want direct answer to direct question: doea bot/database collect my account details (which I don't want to share)? Or just customers' (which I don't give a... you know)?
  • Options
    Before i started the game i knew all the counters from the videos,i dont know whats the big secret you want to keep.

You don't get it too) The question is about - is our information safe or can be sold? Can some bot access all your GAC battles and tell some customer what you usually do?..
  • StrangeTalent
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Go read the Q&A and please get informed. That IS EXACTLY what CG is discussing releasing to .gg - including what you used to attack a given team, much more than bots can currently give.

You also know that much more personal data can be sold by CG and you have them permission via ToS, right?

"We collect the following:

Information about your mobile device such as unique identifier, type of mobile device, and mobile application version
    Feature usage and click paths

We use this information to:

To manage our mobile application, diagnose technical problems, improve content and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our mobile application is as efficient as possible;
    To personalize the service we provide to you and tailor your experience with our mobile application to your interests;
    To effect a corporate transaction in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
    To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
    To administer push notifications;
    As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
    For any other purpose to which you consent.
    Why we need certain Application Permissions:

Storage – Access to storage is needed in order to load and store game data;
    Identity – Collects Google Play account identifier to allow automatic log in of existing Google Play accounts for overage users.
    We will retain the collected information for as long as you interact with this mobile application, as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.

If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may opt-out at any time by turning them off at the device level."

https://privacy-policy.truste.com/certified-policy/mobile/app/en/GalaxyofHeroes.com/index.html#collection
  • Options
    Go read the Q&A and please get informed. That IS EXACTLY what CG is discussing releasing to .gg - including what you used to attack a given team, much more than bots can currently give.

CG "discussing" many things and bot is released already, CG's feature could be equaly accessed but bot is payable
    And we need to know it's approved by CG btw, cuz what a hell some random dudes have access to our game stats?!
  • Options
    Game stats have been public since the dawn of time...
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    There's a discord dedicated to sharing screenshots of your opponent's D with the rest of the discord.

Really, really sad.

If you simply switch up your defense, won't that fix it?

I don't disagree about it being kinda shameful, but wouldn't that be a way to actually gain an advantage from it?
  • Options

At least for now.

I fully "get it" but that's not what's going on now. Hotsauce HAS answered that specific question - Kyno even quoted his response above (point #2).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

CG "discussing" many things and bot is released already, CG's feature could be equaly accessed but bot is payable
    And we need to know it's approved by CG btw, cuz what a hell some random dudes have access to our game stats?!

If cg was at odds with this it would already be removed. Ex: look how fast the cheat videos were removed.

This (imo) is no different than someone making money from yt videos. Op keeps referencing tos, tos says all application data is property of cg. That includes what you use in gac.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Kyno @StrangeTalent Guys, you can bomb me with anything, but...
    Untill I see the list of WHAT EXACTLY @Hotsauce bot collects, how it keeps it and what infromation it provides to customers
    as well as
    if CG has an agreement with @Hotsauce to provide him access to game's data and watching over the usage of it (which I doubt)
    well, you know you won't convince me that "It's all fine, nothing to worry about!"
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.