GAC Data collection tools should be stopped.

12346Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Hotsauce wrote: »
    @Hotsauce C'mon you're felt SO low to invite me to conversation to Discord ONLY TO BOOT ME FROM SERVER?! Oh, man )

Soon as I seen you are on here complaining about me storing your ally code, when you registered your ally code with my bot... I know when I am getting trolled, I am too old for this. Have a good night. Hopefully a moderator steps in as you constantly spam fish for responses, and deals with you properly.

Maybe I registered anytime in the past, I'm quite sure I did.
    But you still don't answer direct question - DOES BOT COLLECT ID OR ALLY CODE?
    Yes or not? It's simple
    And as long as you don't answer - it means you have something to hide
    C'mon dude, speak loud and simple - YES or NO?

Unless you give someone your Player ID, then they cannot access it. that is not available.

if you gave him your ally code, then you are giving up the ability to not allow someone to use that data. using an Ally code and publicly available information is not against the ToS.

In short - NO - the BOT does not collect that data, it uses public information.

I never allowed anyone but CG maybe to use my info, so I'd like CG official to make a statement that they allow that bot to exist

Do you have a SWGOH.gg account?

have you offered your Ally code to any BOTs or other 3rd party programs?

Sure, but swgoh.gg doesn't collect any GAC battles / def details stats.
    I just want direct answer to direct question: doea bot/database collect my account details (which I don't want to share)? Or just customers' (which I don't give a... you know)?

as he stated, it gathers information visible to the player who is using the BOT to record it. I hope that is clear enough and hope the quoted statements in my above post answer your question.

SWGOH.gg is a source of public data on players. I believe there are other sources that anyone has access to and is authorized by EA/CG (which if you read the ToS are the owners of all of this information, not us) which other BOTs use to make comparisons and make player data visible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno @StrangeTalent Guys, you can bomb me with anything, but...
    Untill I see the list of WHAT EXACTLY @Hotsauce bot collects, how it keeps it and what infromation it provides to customers
    as well as
    if CG has an agreement with @Hotsauce to provide him access to game's data and watching over the usage of it (which I doubt)
    well, you know you won't convince me that "It's all fine, nothing to worry about!"
    Cheers

not a problem. I am closing this.

it has been explained to you by Hotsauce what his bot collects, you can discuss that in private for further details with him.

Please feel free to message CG_SBCrumb to discuss any detail you want to know about the Dev teams end of this.
This discussion has been closed.