"Double" drops should have an asterisk next to it!

Replies

• Options
    I've had 0/10 runs in the last 2 days & I've had 5/5 runs in that same time.

It all averages out in the end.

• Options
    Reding91 wrote: »
    I know i'm not the only one who gets screwed over every time these "double" drops come around. Whether it's gear or shards the drop chances drop in half at best. I just went 4 for 29 on farming gear.

I’m convinced they do. I’ve refreshed hold and blue energy 6 time each last three days, and had the worst drop rates..... i posted about this last time we had double rates, and people just trolled that I was dumb.... glad others are seeing that I’m not making it up. When they double the drop rewards, I think they drop the reward rate by at least half.
  • Options
    Yet another drop rate conspiracy post that ticks every box...

- conclusion based on an insignificant data set
    - Claim that OP has been tracking his drops and has stats to back this up
    - OP refuses to present his data when asked for it

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Waqui Don’t everyone say it though, good or bad.

No, not everyone is saying, that something is going on with drop rates during double drops. For everyone saying it there are many, many more saying that it's wrong. According to your line of thinking, this proves, that nothing is going on.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    It’s not like there are 3+ months of screenshots that show what a player got when they simmed. It’s always a single time that’s screenshot, everything else is whatever number someone selected and posted

3 months of random data would be no good in this case. Data from 3 months of normal drops compared to data from 3 months of double drops could be worth something.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    I know i'm not the only one who gets screwed over every time these "double" drops come around. Whether it's gear or shards the drop chances drop in half at best. I just went 4 for 29 on farming gear.

I’m convinced they do. I’ve refreshed hold and blue energy 6 time each last three days, and had the worst drop rates..... i posted about this last time we had double rates, and people just trolled that I was dumb.... glad others are seeing that I’m not making it up. When they double the drop rewards, I think they drop the reward rate by at least half.

I guess my client is different than yours, then. My drop rates were fine so far this weekend.
  • Hortus
    634 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Average drop rate may be the same, but getting 0 out of 40 sims still... disappointing. The player who got zero doesn't care about "average droprate", he just looks at "double props" announcement and zero and smashes his phone against the wall. :) The point of double drop actions is to reward players, not frustrate those who got unlucky, and there should be many unlucky people among playerbase just due to probability laws. Devs changed zeta drops because of that, maybe eventually we will see less rangefest in other activities as well (at least at actions time).
  • Options
    New laws for gambling games hopefully mean that double will mean double for everyone. Until then double means maybe more maybe less.
  • Options
    New laws for gambling games hopefully mean that double will mean double for everyone. Until then double means maybe more maybe less.

It already is double drops for everyone.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

I guess my client is different than yours, then. My drop rates were fine so far this weekend.

Fine for me too this morning so far:
    gnxijc7tfaif.jpg
    ukyrkapm526r.jpg
  • Reding91
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This isn't including the 0 for 20 i got on my other account. 8/20 is the best i've seen this whole time. Which is technically 4/20 and still a crap drop rate but that's supposed to be the low end of normal drops.

Not that it correlates with the double drops, but also have received 1 shard for 20 sims so far today... so just another reason to think all the drop rates have decreased as i've yet to receive a 2/5 drop on any character since the event started

qeekbwfavz2l.png
    ask0o7r88urf.png
    8uxewy8iim9g.png
  • Options

We’ve never had double rates, just double rewards.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I just had 22 mk IV stun guns drop for 36 battles. I don't experience lower drop rates.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Disagree with OP.

As usual
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Plank420 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Disagree with OP.

As usual

Yes, every time someone repeats a conspiracy theory based on no evidence.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    What I've learned from the forums today:

1) People who agree with OP = conspiracy theorists.

2) People who disagree with OP = trolls.

Allow me to join the second category. Double drops has never equaled double rates and CG does not alter drop rates based on events/favorited toons/money spent or for any reason. People want to have good RNG "luck" and when thjs doesn't happen they cope by telling themselves the system is clearly rigged.

Aesop called btw, wants to talk about the fox and sour grapes.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    My G12 finisher farm results are poor, but that's just how things are. Farming holo projectors to burn at scavenger goes great, though.
  • Options
    These threads are pointless.

Neither the people arguing that they changed or didn't change have any evidence to back it up.
    The only people who have any evidence is the employees at EA (and likely very few of them at that).

Everything in this game is done at EA's whim. By playing this game, you are essentially agreeing to take at face value whatever they state drop rates are.

Could they advertise "double drops" and then halve the drop rate? Absolutely they could. They are not regulated for gambling, so they have no independent auditors overseeing them.

Would they do it? Who knows... Anyone who makes a freemium game is at least a little scummy in my mind, so I wouldn't put it past them. Couple the profit motive with no oversight, and I could certainly see it.

But if they did, it doesn't matter because you can't prove it. As others have pointed out, the data of 20, 40, or even a 100 people on the forum isn't a sufficient sample size to prove anything given a player base somewhere around a million or more.

• Options
    @7AnimalMother
    Hit them with that truth bomb 💣

EA hire and outside source and let them investigate. Sow everyone what’s up.

I want to see who is right. Let the chaos begin.
  • Options

Neither the people arguing that they changed or didn't change have any evidence to back it up.
    The only people who have any evidence is the employees at EA (and likely very few of them at that).

Everything in this game is done at EA's whim. By playing this game, you are essentially agreeing to take at face value whatever they state drop rates are.

Could they advertise "double drops" and then halve the drop rate? Absolutely they could. They are not regulated for gambling, so they have no independent auditors overseeing them.

Would they do it? Who knows... Anyone who makes a freemium game is at least a little scummy in my mind, so I wouldn't put it past them. Couple the profit motive with no oversight, and I could certainly see it.

But if they did, it doesn't matter because you can't prove it. As others have pointed out, the data of 20, 40, or even a 100 people on the forum isn't a sufficient sample size to prove anything given a player base somewhere around a million or more.

Search is your friend. Entire guilds have tracked drop rates - and yes, during "double drops" and events. When people track the data over a decent enough sample size, the results and drop rates are always the same - 30-33% for shards, 20% for gear (purple anyway). ALWAYS.

Add to that fact (yes, fact) that the developers have repeatedly stated that drop rates don't change. Ever.

There's a lot of things that CG /EA do with this game that I am not necessarily a fan of - but they don't manipulate drop rates. And people who suggest they do are simply too lazy to actually track the data over a respectable sample size.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Search is your friend. Entire guilds have tracked drop rates - and yes, during "double drops" and events. When people track the data over a decent enough sample size, the results and drop rates are always the same - 30-33% for shards, 20% for gear (purple anyway). ALWAYS.

Add to that fact (yes, fact) that the developers have repeatedly stated that drop rates don't change. Ever.

There's a lot of things that CG /EA do with this game that I am not necessarily a fan of - but they don't manipulate drop rates. And people who suggest they do are simply too lazy to actually track the data over a respectable sample size.

50 people out of millions isn't a acceptable sample size we need at least 3,000 guilds of data otherwise your data is insufficient to prove the rates have increased during double drops. Just 1 guild lol.

Ok u wanna base everything on just this one guild... Was it a pay to win guild or a free to play guild. How many paid that month, did paying increase their drops? How did their numbers compare to a guild where no one paid anything that month?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Might want to read that again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm starting a tin foil hat sales company. To several in this thread, just post what size I should pre-order for you. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

50 people out of millions isn't a acceptable sample size we need at least 3,000 guilds of data otherwise your data is insufficient to prove the rates have increased during double drops. Just 1 guild lol.

Ok u wanna base everything on just this one guild... Was it a pay to win guild or a free to play guild. How many paid that month, did paying increase their drops? How did their numbers compare to a guild where no one paid anything that month?

The burden of proof isn't on me. It's on those suggesting everyone else is lying or misleading them. Should I put you down fir large or XL? ;)

• Options
    @BobcatSkywalker

I’m just going to leave this here. Waaaaaay back when , I use to spend quite a bit on this game, until I realized I was just buying the exact same characters over and over again. Anyway, I was offered things in different occasions because I spent over, $300 a month, I believe.
    So anyone saying that specific offers, privileges, or anything else aren’t offered/given to those that spend. I can tell you from experience that this is not true.

Now does this extend to drop rates, or things or that nature? You’re guess is as good as mine there. I’ve never had any issues with drop rates and I haven’t spent that much money in a long long time.
  • Options
    Look, Cg nerfs the drop rate every time they do double drops since the game started. Everyone knows it. Not sure why anyone would expect a different outcome, so just stop going all in on the double drop charade.
  • Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    Look, Cg nerfs the drop rate every time they do double drops since the game started. Everyone knows it. Not sure why anyone would expect a different outcome, so just stop going all in on the double drop charade.

"Everyone knows it...." and yet here we are.
  • Options
    My broken watch is always right at least once a day

Love it. Well said and so true.
  • Options

The burden of proof isn't on me. It's on those suggesting everyone else is lying or misleading them. Should I put you down fir large or XL? ;)

Your claiming entire guilds have tracked drop rates, I'm just asking about the study you brought up by these guilds. Were they free to play or pay to win or a mix, did they track by player or by guild? There's a lot of factors involved just saying guilds have tracked it and it is always 30 to 33%.

If it was a mix guild of f2p and p2w and some p2w had 44% drops, and the f2p had 22% drops the guild would be at 32%.

Do u see the point?
  • Options
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @BobcatSkywalker

I’m just going to leave this here. Waaaaaay back when , I use to spend quite a bit on this game, until I realized I was just buying the exact same characters over and over again. Anyway, I was offered things in different occasions because I spent over, $300 a month, I believe.
    So anyone saying that specific offers, privileges, or anything else aren’t offered/given to those that spend. I can tell you from experience that this is not true.

Now does this extend to drop rates, or things or that nature? You’re guess is as good as mine there. I’ve never had any issues with drop rates and I haven’t spent that much money in a long long time.

This used to be a thing way back at the beginning, I do recall some special offer gated behind some spent amount, but I think it was discontinued. Or at least I'm not aware of anything like that recently.