"Double" drops should have an asterisk next to it!

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    These threads are pointless.

Neither the people arguing that they changed or didn't change have any evidence to back it up.
    The only people who have any evidence is the employees at EA (and likely very few of them at that).

Everything in this game is done at EA's whim. By playing this game, you are essentially agreeing to take at face value whatever they state drop rates are.

Could they advertise "double drops" and then halve the drop rate? Absolutely they could. They are not regulated for gambling, so they have no independent auditors overseeing them.

Would they do it? Who knows... Anyone who makes a freemium game is at least a little scummy in my mind, so I wouldn't put it past them. Couple the profit motive with no oversight, and I could certainly see it.

But if they did, it doesn't matter because you can't prove it. As others have pointed out, the data of 20, 40, or even a 100 people on the forum isn't a sufficient sample size to prove anything given a player base somewhere around a million or more.

Search is your friend. Entire guilds have tracked drop rates - and yes, during "double drops" and events. When people track the data over a decent enough sample size, the results and drop rates are always the same - 30-33% for shards, 20% for gear (purple anyway). ALWAYS.

Add to that fact (yes, fact) that the developers have repeatedly stated that drop rates don't change. Ever.

There's a lot of things that CG /EA do with this game that I am not necessarily a fan of - but they don't manipulate drop rates. And people who suggest they do are simply too lazy to actually track the data over a respectable sample size.

50 people out of millions isn't a acceptable sample size we need at least 3,000 guilds of data otherwise your data is insufficient to prove the rates have increased during double drops. Just 1 guild lol.

Ok u wanna base everything on just this one guild... Was it a pay to win guild or a free to play guild. How many paid that month, did paying increase their drops? How did their numbers compare to a guild where no one paid anything that month?

The burden of proof isn't on me. It's on those suggesting everyone else is lying or misleading them. Should I put you down fir large or XL? ;)

Your claiming entire guilds have tracked drop rates, I'm just asking about the study you brought up by these guilds. Were they free to play or pay to win or a mix, did they track by player or by guild? There's a lot of factors involved just saying guilds have tracked it and it is always 30 to 33%.

If it was a mix guild of f2p and p2w and some p2w had 44% drops, and the f2p had 22% drops the guild would be at 32%.

Do u see the point?

Yes....that you refuse to do any research on here or reddit apart from throwing out (or supporting) half-baked conspiracy theories based solely on conjecture and things made up up out of thin air and "feelings". Honestly, I've had this conversation enough times in 3+ years to know that no amount of data, proof or actual facts regarding drop rates is going to change anyone's mind if they have decided that the big, bad company is cheating them.

If you and the others really think that, then don't spend crystals to refresh during double drops - wait until it's over. Or quit....kinda like I'm doing this ridiculous thread.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    I would marry this thread if the law allowed it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @Nauros
    I’m not sure if it’s a thing or not anymore either. But it does show they can track that sort of thing.

Idk if I made it clear I’m that post or not. I don’t necessarily believe any drop rates are changed or anything else like that. But if someone says they can’t track that, or they don’t know how much each person spends, then I’d have to disagree on this basis.
  • Options

Neither the people arguing that they changed or didn't change have any evidence to back it up.
    The only people who have any evidence is the employees at EA (and likely very few of them at that).

Everything in this game is done at EA's whim. By playing this game, you are essentially agreeing to take at face value whatever they state drop rates are.

Could they advertise "double drops" and then halve the drop rate? Absolutely they could. They are not regulated for gambling, so they have no independent auditors overseeing them.

Would they do it? Who knows... Anyone who makes a freemium game is at least a little scummy in my mind, so I wouldn't put it past them. Couple the profit motive with no oversight, and I could certainly see it.

But if they did, it doesn't matter because you can't prove it. As others have pointed out, the data of 20, 40, or even a 100 people on the forum isn't a sufficient sample size to prove anything given a player base somewhere around a million or more.

Search is your friend. Entire guilds have tracked drop rates - and yes, during "double drops" and events. When people track the data over a decent enough sample size, the results and drop rates are always the same - 30-33% for shards, 20% for gear (purple anyway). ALWAYS.

Add to that fact (yes, fact) that the developers have repeatedly stated that drop rates don't change. Ever.

There's a lot of things that CG /EA do with this game that I am not necessarily a fan of - but they don't manipulate drop rates. And people who suggest they do are simply too lazy to actually track the data over a respectable sample size.

If you say so. Search seems to just find a lot more anecdotal evidence and confirmation bias one way or the other, so I think your talking out of your butt.

Bottom line. We all play at EA's whim; so it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    @7AnimalMother
    Every time I turn around you’re out here dropping truth bombs on folks.
    Hit them with that unbiased truth.
  • Options

If you say so. Search seems to just find a lot more anecdotal evidence and confirmation bias one way or the other, so I think your talking out of your butt.

Bottom line. We all play at EA's whim; so it doesn't matter.

You can trust your fellow players that have crowd sourced the data or not, but the data is out there for those who don't refuse to take off the tin foil hat

16000 sim data set, 95% confidence interval of 32%-34% on character shards. If you go to the google sheet listed in the first comment, you will find their 126000 sim data set which has a 95% confidence interval of 33.15-33.67.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ckb8kn/character_shards_droprate_15k_observations/

Much smaller sample, but this is Cantina specific showing a 33% drop rate over 2700 attemtps
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5uywkd/cantina_drop_rates_a_75_day_and_counting_study/

First comment here has 17k, 34k, and 6k attempts at purple (20 item and 50 item) and gold gears, plus a bonus tracking of Stun guns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7zkm45/drop_rates_for_purple_gear/
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    It's weird how one side presents data and the other side claims neither side has data.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Oh, and here's a couple more:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9l0vbj/finished_my_first_single_hard_node_farm_sabine_i/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6tvur9/my_old_benz_farming_statistics/

Sorry if actual facts and objectively tracked data get in the way of "fake news bombs" and name calling. Some people are adult enough to admit when they are mistaken. Some bury the head and in the sand (or pull their tin foil hat down harder so it covers their ears) so they can't hear the truth.

It's one thing to be lazy and not look up the data for yourself - but it's an insult to your fellow players who have actually taken the time and done the work to ignore the data they've spent hours collecting or pretend it doesn't exist.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    That’s bang on the money @Nikoms565

Those of us who argue with the conspiracy theorists are accused of being devs in disguise, shills and keyboard warriors. But all we want is evidence - some significant data to back up the claims.

I would have thought it was obvious to the conspiracy theorists that it’s studies like the ones you and others have linked that has caused us to argue so strongly that drop rates are what they are. So if evidence of a similar standard was compiled we would have to change our tune.

But I have never seen one post yet complaining about drop rates that contains either a significant data set or a credible data set. All these posts are either based on a few days concrete evidence or vague stories about “3-ish month’s” farming refreshing “most” days etc.

And that’s the most frustrating thing. I am 100% happy to be convinced that I and others are wrong about drop rates - just need the complainants to compile and present some data to prove it. I’d settle for 200 node attempts!

But they never do. Or, if they do, the data matches the suggested drop rate so their complaints die down.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    In all fairness, the data in the links doesn't prove, that drop rates remain unchanged during double drop events.

However, all claims that shard drop rates are far below 33% should be proved wrong by them.
  • Options
    Correct the data doesn't prove anything about double drops or a difference between drops for p2w and f2p...

Some lines of data are 5 of 7 or 7 of 10 drops... are these sims from p2w players?

Others are 2 of 16 or 1 of 15, are these sims from f2p?

Maybe the same person bought a crate and went 50% on farming for 7 days then after 7 days his drops go back to 30%

I'm not seeing any linkage to the amount spent and when it was spent for each player...

I'm not denying that drops are 30%, but also it's possible they are better if you spend and I haven't seen any data that looks at the difference in drop rates related to amount spent and when it was spent.

Seems like people keep presenting data that doesn't address the issue then act like that proved something
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I suspect that if you own a bear you get better rates on drops. Nothing in the data contradicts this either.

EDIT: I am strongly considering purchasing one for the better drops. I'm currently weighing it against the cost of housing and feeding the bear, and also the risk of it eating one of my kids. Could go either way tbh.
    Post edited by TVF on
  • Options

I'm not seeing any linkage to the amount spent and when it was spent for each player...

I'm not denying that drops are 30%, but also it's possible they are better if you spend and I haven't seen any data that looks at the difference in drop rates related to amount spent and when it was spent.

Seems like people keep presenting data that doesn't address the issue then act like that proved something

Depends on what you think the issue is. There is nothing in the OP alleging that the issue is different drop rates for f2p vs. paying players. People have all sorts of theories about how they think drops are manipulated, all different, and none supported in any way.
  • Options
    Correct the data doesn't prove anything about double drops or a difference between drops for p2w and f2p...

Some lines of data are 5 of 7 or 7 of 10 drops... are these sims from p2w players?

Maybe the same person bought a crate and went 50% on farming for 7 days then after 7 days his drops go back to 30%

If you want to prove your theory about drop rates and amount spent, your first step could be to simply contact the players, who tracked their drops and posted them, and ask them how much they had spent at the time of tracking. Please post your results.
  • Options

So what you are saying is your theory is that CG, despite saying they never change drop rates, actually has an elaborate scheme where they inflate drop rates for spenders yet balance it out such that every large data set tracked by players has a drop rate withing a few % of 1/3? Thats the theory you are going with?

It amazes me that people are so jealous of people who choose to spend money on a mobile game that they actually think that the developers are spending hundreds of hours massaging drop rates so that it appears to be a uniform drop rate across numerous players data tracking.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Yo, why the same people on every post? Ya’ll got nothing better to do?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Yo, why the same people on every post? Ya’ll got nothing better to do?

It's more fun that simming GW.