How do you beat Geos?

Prev13
joelgs23
251 posts Member
edited September 2019
I just lost 4 matches, 2 of my top squads, to a Geo squad that was 40,000 less power.... really, it was 75k, with just one zeta on the whole team, and it was invincible..... i have never beaten a geo squad. I’ve used empire, rebels, Phoenix, Ewok, smuggler, bounty hunter, and I just lost with CLS, Han Solo, R2D2, C3PO, and Biggs, all gear 12, accept HS who is G13, Relic lvl 3. My Han is pumped with mods, but he never stunned a Geo, missed 4x, and his basic never fired twice!!! I even tried Enfys nest.....What is going on? How do you beat Geos? They feel totally broken!

Replies

• Options
    Put Traya and Sion in against them and just wait.
  • Options
    Kill brood alpha first to remove hive abilities/buffs
  • Options
    You could try reading kits.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Lack of Chewie is hurting.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think Jawa squad still works but I’ve used Traya + Sion + Darth Nihilus and that does the trick
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Don’t have Treya, not even sure how to get Treya... :(
  • Options
    I could beat that team with my 63000 GP Jawas.

They also just crushed a Phoenix team. Everyone that is ignoring Jawas right now is missing out. I'm probably going to drop Datcha or Jawa for HK47's tenacity down.
  • Options
    Jawas are the number one counter to Geos. I have also had success with my Nightsisters as well though.

They also just crushed a Phoenix team. Everyone that is ignoring Jawas right now is missing out. I'm probably going to drop Datcha or Jawa for HK47's tenacity down.

Dathcha. Definitely drop Dathcha. The most use he has is a 50% chance for AB. Besides TDs, Jawa is the Jawa's best source of offence, with his basic.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Don’t have Treya, not even sure how to get Treya... :(

You get Traya in the heroic sith raid.
  • Options
    Traya, Sion, and sith marauder, but the traya lead zeta is required
  • Options
    Jawas are the number one counter to Geos. I have also had success with my Nightsisters as well though.

Dathcha. Definitely drop Dathcha. The most use he has is a 50% chance for AB. Besides TDs, Jawa is the Jawa's best source of offence, with his basic.

I really like Datcha and Jawa for their crowd control purposes. But HK's AOE tenacity down should equal gold for landing those TDs against clones when rex throws up that Tenacity Up. If Rex pops that before my team.... They win with 0 td on them
  • Options
    Last 2 opponents I have had said they used GG. Wonder if that's go-to team for most ppl?

I've been using jawas, but they don't score very high so I'm thinking of switching myself possibly. Also jawas can be good on defense if they get underestimated.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

You could try not being a troll, and helping rather than spending the same time to be a ****.... just a thought...
    He actually gave you sound advice. You are not going to beat a team like Geos without understanding their abilities. Know your opponent.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

You could try not being a troll, and helping rather than spending the same time to be a ****.... just a thought...
    He actually gave you sound advice. You are not going to beat a team like Geos without understanding their abilities. Know your opponent.

It is possible he read them and doesn't know how to counter them anyway. Tbf, it's far from the dumbest question asked here, probably even just today lol.
  • Options

I don't know their abilities and I can still beat them.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options

I don't know their abilities and I can still beat them.

Good for you?
  • Options

And you could've spent the time you just spent on calling me names reading kits. Goes both ways, except that what I said was a perfectly valid way of finding a solution to your problem, and what you said was just whining.

No, what you said was condescending to assume I had not read their kits and thus, lazy. I had read the kits, was still lost for a solution. It was also rude to dismiss a genuine request for advice in such a arrogant presumptive way.
  • Options

And you could've spent the time you just spent on calling me names reading kits. Goes both ways, except that what I said was a perfectly valid way of finding a solution to your problem, and what you said was just whining.

No, what you said was condescending to assume I had not read their kits and thus, lazy. I had read the kits, was still lost for a solution. It was also rude to dismiss a genuine request for advice in such a arrogant presumptive way.

A simple "I already read their kit and still don't know how to beat them" would suffice. How will calling people trolls do any good?

I've beat weak geos with CLS trio and Thraw. Thrawn's fracture helped reduce incoming dmg. Stuns do as well. Against stronger geos Jawa (expect to lose some banners) or Traya lead (undersized) are the go-to counters.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

A simple "I already read their kit and still don't know how to beat them" would suffice. How will calling people trolls do any good?

I've beat weak geos with CLS trio and Thraw. Thrawn's fracture helped reduce incoming dmg. Stuns do as well. Against stronger geos Jawa (expect to lose some banners) or Traya lead (undersized) are the go-to counters.

CLS team has enough burst damage to kill a Geo before the health equalization. Not many toons can do that. Wampa and a handful.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    You'll need Chewie instead of Biggs if you want your CLS-team to work - and Chewie will probably need his zeta on Loyal Friend.

To efficiently take out Geos you need AOEs and/or burst damage, if you're not able to use Jawas or Traya+Sion. Wampa would also be a useful tool because of his AOE daze.
  • Options
    Top Tier team:
    - Darth Revan Team
    - Jedi Knight Revan
    - Griveous Team

Second Tier Team who beat:
    - Padme work fine. (sometimes Geo Spy one shot one of your toon but in the end you can win)
    - Traya sion nihilus

with Luck team:
    JTRey Resistance Team
  • Options

You are the one who is responding rudely here.
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This thread is like a who's who of forum "personalities" at their least helpful and most antagonistic. All we need now is some resource management and mod shaming and we've hit the trifecta!!

• Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Jtr teams work well vs slower geos. If you have high crit chance on r2, he’ll expose them all with his aoe and then if you focus one and only use specials, they never get a turn. I’ve used JTR, Finn, r2, rt, bb8 successfully on numerous occasions but again, it really only works on slowish ones. If they start getting turns they’ll ruin you.
  • Options
    Another team that works extremely well is Padme. When geos attack out of turn, which they do every turn, they feed protection up to Galactic Republic. You have to be careful though because you can risk timing out if your padme squad is equally geared/modded to the geo squad. Once you get brood down though it’s cake.
  • Options
    I think people assume we’re trolling when we say Jawas, but they’re the best counter out there. They have to be geared enough to survive the initial onslaught, that’s the only key. Mine are g11 and can easily beat g12 bugs, shorthanded.
  • Options
    Needless to say that JKR works as well. But with all the videos out there of Geos beating (weak) JKR squads on offense, maybe it's worth mentioning after all that it goes both ways. Mark and kill Brood Alpha and the team falls apart. It hurts having to sacrifice a meta squad, but without zTraya it may very well be your only option.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    AOE daze will completely shut them down - no mass assists and no TM gains for Spy and Soldier. So Wampa, Nest, Darth Maul, and Amilyn Holdo are all options, assuming they have enough speed and potency to use it first and make sure it sticks. You'll also need to be careful still, since Poggle and Alpha can both cleanse the team of debuffs.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I think people assume we’re trolling when we say Jawas, but they’re the best counter out there. They have to be geared enough to survive the initial onslaught, that’s the only key. Mine are g11 and can easily beat g12 bugs, shorthanded.

This is off-topic but your avatar and username just killed me. Have a cookie.
This discussion has been closed.